PDA

View Full Version : Kind of weird the way things work out.....

Pit Bull
11-27-2018, 10:16 PM
....but it almost appears that we (MSU) were one wide open dropped TD pass in the Florida game from being in a NY6 game. Game of inches? I suppose.

Homedawg
11-27-2018, 10:35 PM
....but it almost appears that we (MSU) were one wide open dropped TD pass in the Florida game from being in a NY6 game. Game of inches? I suppose.

We would t be top 12 w that win. We would be top 10 at 10-2 though so thanks for the reminder

Quaoarsking
11-28-2018, 12:57 AM
We would t be top 12 w that win. We would be top 10 at 10-2 though so thanks for the reminder

Looking at where the Committee has the 9-3 teams ranked now, I think we probably would be.

Dawg61
11-28-2018, 02:17 AM

We were never beating Kentucky in that game no matter whose coaching or playing QB. They stomped us after we'd won 8 of the last 9 meetings.

Skydawg1
11-28-2018, 02:56 AM
....but it almost appears that we (MSU) were one wide open dropped TD pass in the Florida game from being in a NY6 game. Game of inches? I suppose.I'm sorry, but if we had made that TD, the score would be tied. We still might have not won the game. Can we put this crap to rest?

Bubb Rubb
11-28-2018, 07:22 AM
We were never beating Kentucky in that game no matter whose coaching or playing QB. They stomped us after we'd won 8 of the last 9 meetings.

You say that a lot but it doesn't make it right. The way Kentucky played that night had more to do with what we weren't doing well than what they were doing well. We are a better football team than they are by a long shot. That was just a terrible loss. No point in sugar coating it.

Quaoarsking
11-28-2018, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry, but if we had made that TD, the score would be tied. We still might have not won the game. Can we put this crap to rest?

Fair enough, and who knows how the rest of the game would have played out, since the situations would have been different, leading to different plays being called by both teams on both sides of the ball.

But just like losing to Ole Miss probably kept us out of the NY6 in 2015 and 2017, losing to Florida probably kept us out of the NY6 in 2018. Just by winning 3 home games we were favored in, we could be headed to our fourth NY6 bowl in the first 5 years of the CFB. Imagine how that would have affected our national perception.

Dawg2003
11-28-2018, 08:14 AM
We might not have won the Auburn game if they didn't call Nick's first TD an actual TD (I'm not convinced it was a TD), and their player didn't get a touchback.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-28-2018, 09:04 AM
I'm sorry, but if we had made that TD, the score would be tied. We still might have not won the game. Can we put this crap to rest?

No if Osirus catches that pass we go up 13-3 & likely handle Florida the rest of the game because their gameplan of running & throwing bubble screens has to change.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2018, 09:12 AM
Why is it that MSU folks always spend more time agonizing over the ones that got away than reveling in the ones that didn't? I never have quite understood that.

West Tn Dawg
11-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Why is it that MSU folks always spend more time agonizing over the ones that got away than reveling in the ones that didn't? I never have quite understood that.

AMEN!
Some do it because they think it makes them look smart.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2018, 09:18 AM

Honestly? I think the LSU game was more winnable than at Kentucky. Hear me out: If Fitz plays as he has been these last 5 weeks, we don't throw that first INT. Now LSU only scores 12 points total. If Fitz plays like he was been recently there's a genuine chance we score 14 on them. Scored 7 on Bama, should had another TD on that flea flicker, and they have a better D than LSU

msstate7
11-28-2018, 09:25 AM
Honestly? I think the LSU game was more winnable than at Kentucky. Hear me out: If Fitz plays as, we don't throw that first INT. Not LSU only scores 12 points total. If Fitz plays like he was been recently there's a genuine chance we score 14 on them. Scored 7 on Bama, should had another TD on that flea flicker, and they have a better D than LSU
Maybe, but it was 14-7 Kentucky and we had the ball at midfield end 3rd/beginning 4th. That game was winnable

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2018, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the reminder.....

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Maybe, but it was 14-7 Kentucky and we had the ball at midfield end 3rd/beginning 4th. That game was winnable

If we had just a normal game penalty wise then we would have probably won. Those penalties killed us. We were having to go 15-20 yards every series for a first down. Not many teams could recover if every drive had a penalty like that.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2018, 09:41 AM

True, but against LSU all we needed was Fitz to play decent. And Fitz played fine starting the next week, so it seems feasible that he could have played better 1 week earlier. Against kentucky not only was Fitz lost and innacurate, but the OL was SO bad and playcalling was bad too. We'd need 2/3 to improve out of Fitz, OL and penalties. Against LSU we just needed 1 to improve

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-28-2018, 09:53 AM
No if Osirus catches that pass we go up 13-3 & likely handle Florida the rest of the game because their gameplan of running & throwing bubble screens has to change.

This is correct. It amazes me how little some people understand football.

That is also the reason why the ignored fumble call at Bama was so important. Instead of them scoring the first drive, it gives us the possibility of getting on the board first or at worst making them go the length of the field again. The refs completely changed the complexion of that game.

BulldogBear
11-28-2018, 10:13 AM

Ehh, maybe you had to be there and maybe you were. But with that said, the atmosphere and energy and "eye test" of that whole situation at that moment is that if we'd score that TD it would've broken the Gators. They were almost played out. Couldn't do squat before then and other than one crazy Olay they didn't do squat after that either.

Catch that pass and not only do we win, it becomes a mild rout.

msstate7
11-28-2018, 10:17 AM
Saying it would've won the game or tied it is purely speculative. Fact is we (not just Mitchell) crapped the bed. I get criticized for being too hard on coaches that actually get paid handsomely to do this, but blaming a one kid for this loss is completely unfair. Why is the defender responsible for letting the trick play work not blamed just as much as Mitchell? Fire away...

msu15
11-28-2018, 10:21 AM
We might not have won the Auburn game if they didn't call Nick's first TD an actual TD (I'm not convinced it was a TD), and their player didn't get a touchback.

Were you at the game? I was, and the replay that was shown on the jumbotron(which they didn't show on the rebroadcast that I watched) showed that the ball crossed the plane.

QuadrupleOption
11-28-2018, 10:27 AM
You say that a lot but it doesn't make it right. The way Kentucky played that night had more to do with what we weren't doing well than what they were doing well. We are a better football team than they are by a long shot. That was just a terrible loss. No point in sugar coating it.

They are 9-3 so I don't think "terrible" would be a way to describe that loss.

RougeDawg
11-28-2018, 10:56 AM

Ummm. Not really. If we had just a pulse of offense we beat the brakes off of Kentucky. The November offense beats them by 3 scores. Don?t forget UK scored 2 garbage TDs in the last few minutes of the game.