PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Trenches

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2018, 08:24 PM
We have a shot to be damn good up front on both sides again next year.

DL wise we wont have 2 stars like Sweat and Simmons but we will have a very good group with lots of depth. Rivers could be the next star if he keeps playing. Kobe Jones was very good for us this year and people forget that Marquis Spencer was out all year and he was productive before his injury.

OL only losing Calhoun and Jenkins, both have been good for us but we have enough depth to replace them without a tremendous drop off. Not as much as the DL obvi but enough.

Ready to see Dolla Bill get a chance and Tommy Champion. Was huge for Tyre Phillips to get as many reps as he did this year.

Thoughts?

bulldawg28
11-27-2018, 08:29 PM
Nice assessment

Commercecomet24
11-27-2018, 08:32 PM
I agree.

dawgday166
11-27-2018, 08:33 PM

DL wise we wont have 2 stars like Sweat and Simmons but we will have a very good group with lots of depth. Rivers could be the next star if he keeps playing. Kobe Jones was very good for us this year and people forget that Marquis Spencer was out all year and he was productive before his injury.

OL only losing Calhoun and Jenkins, both have been good for us but we have enough depth to replace them without a tremendous drop off. Not as much as the DL obvi but enough.

Ready to see Dolla Bill get a chance and Tommy Champion. Was huge for Tyre Phillips to get as many reps as he did this year.

Thoughts?

I agree. Only thing is we were real strong in 4th qtr this year due to insane depth (for MSU) on Dline. Don't quite have that next year, but should have good depth.

Losing an experienced C may make Oline take a step backwards. Not sure what to make of the QB spot. Hard to filter through what's fact or fiction.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2018, 08:34 PM
You could see some freshmen like Pickering or Moore to get some playing time.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-27-2018, 08:53 PM
There will be proven players at DE. There is nobody at defensive tackle who has taken meaningful snaps at the position other than Autry. Nobody.

Crumedy, Lovett, Jackson need to step up at DT. Will a DE move inside? I know that Rivers played some DT this year in pass rush situations. I could certainly see Rivers and Spencer playing some DT on 3rd and long.

Saltydog
11-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Nt

hacker
11-27-2018, 09:31 PM
There will be proven players at DE. There is nobody at defensive tackle who has taken meaningful snaps at the position other than Autry. Nobody.

Crumedy, Lovett, Jackson need to step up at DT. Will a DE move inside? I know that Rivers played some DT this year in pass rush situations. I could certainly see Rivers and Spencer playing some DT on 3rd and long.

Jackson moved to OL, right?

somebodyshotmypaw
11-27-2018, 09:53 PM

I haven't heard that. But could be.

jacksondawg
11-27-2018, 10:50 PM

He did

Homedawg
11-27-2018, 11:37 PM
You could see some freshmen like Pickering or Moore to get some playing time.

Moore is going to redshirt. Pickering I'll buy just because. We will start 2 rs fr at tackle unless they want to start autry at tackle.

Homedawg
11-27-2018, 11:38 PM

We don't have one de that is big enough to move inside. Not happening. We just don't have the pass rush we had this year. That will be the big difference. Huge.

Pit Bull
11-28-2018, 12:18 AM

Thoughts?

Throw in Lovett, Crumedy, Pickering, and Moore......and we start to have a nice mix. Only need a little experience for our freshmen. Lovett is over 300 lbs and is very quick for his size.....I can see him moving inside or at nose tackle. He could be very disruptive in the middle. Pick could be an inside player too if he puts on another 15 lbs.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2018, 10:27 AM

Fletcher Adams has played inside and so could Kobe Jones. A younger kid prolly has to contribute here (Lovett, Moore, Pickering) or Autry better be damn good. Idk enough about him to know.

I think Crumedy is a DE at this level and he has done very well this year as a RS

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2018, 10:28 AM
We don't have one de that is big enough to move inside. Not happening. We just don't have the pass rush we had this year. That will be the big difference. Huge.

Rivers and Spencer will be a pretty good pass rush combo off the edge

Jack Lambert
11-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Story is going to be a good if he can remember to feed his damn dog.

msu15
11-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Fletcher Adams has played inside and so could Kobe Jones. A younger kid prolly has to contribute here (Lovett, Moore, Pickering) or Autry better be damn good. Idk enough about him to know.

I think Crumedy is a DE at this level and he has done very well this year as a RS

We also put Rivers in as our #2 DT next to Simmons on all of our opponent's 3rd and long's, but I don't see anyway they move him there permanent next season.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2018, 10:56 AM

Rep Given!

RougeDawg
11-28-2018, 11:06 AM
Defense will
Be there for the foreseeable future. Offense will determine how many more wins we get in 2019 above 8.

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Rivers and Spencer will be a pretty good pass rush combo off the edge

I've said since the start of the year and am still saying it, I think rivers has the POTENTIAL to be better than Sweat. His pursuit and block shedding skills are multiple levels above most anyone in the conference.

bulldawg28
11-28-2018, 12:29 PM

Lmao, well played sir. Little dogs gotta eat too!

Pit Bull
11-28-2018, 02:38 PM

All you mentioned are "good", but some not as experienced as we would like. In time, you could see another Simmons or Sweat emerge from this group. If Lovett plays like I saw him in high school, he has a definite chance to play in the League one day. He is very Simmons-like and may have a little meaner streak in him. Pick and Moore are two more I could easily see playing on Sundays down the road. We have several other commits who could fit in at DE that appear quick off the edge. I think we will be ok. If we can get past winning those first 4 games with all the newcomers, I think we will start improving drastically as everyone should kind of know their roles by then.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2018, 06:19 PM
I've said since the start of the year and am still saying it, I think rivers has the POTENTIAL to be better than Sweat. His pursuit and block shedding skills are multiple levels above most anyone in the conference.

He understands the game and takes pride in doing the dirty work.

He does a great job of squeezing the down block and wrong shouldering the pulling guard. He put on a clinic of how to do it vs OM and was excited about it. Not that he made the tackle but that he made it cut back or spill like he is coached to do. Super excited for that kid