PDA

View Full Version : Immediately after OM voted in the bear they went on a 16-game SEC losing streak...

MedDawg
11-27-2018, 04:12 PM
and this year after unveiling Tony the Landshark, they went 1-7 in the SEC. Only their comeback win vs Arkansas avoided another long SEC losing streak. Changing mascots is bad luck for them.

Lance Harbor
11-27-2018, 04:16 PM
Does that mean Colonel Reb >Tony > Black Bear?

and this year after unveiling Tony the Landshark, they went 1-7 in the SEC. Only their comeback win vs Arkansas avoided another long SEC losing streak. Changing mascots is bad luck for them.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2018, 04:32 PM
I still have no idea why they do not just have a Confederate General as their mascot and call themselves the "Generals". It would remove about 80% of their racist persona and give them something to cling to like an old lady and pearls.

BeardoMSU
11-27-2018, 04:40 PM
I still have no idea why they do not just have a Confederate General as their mascot and call themselves the "Generals". It would remove about 80% of their racist persona and give them something to cling to like an old lady and pearls.

Plenty of Washington School swoops go to OM, so that makes sense...

Bully13
11-27-2018, 06:47 PM
I miss Colonel Reb. It coincides so much better with the name "Ole Miss ". Plus, it's just so damned cute.