PDA

View Full Version : Will Sammon on Pickering

confucius say
11-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Anybody read sammons article on Pickering today. I could not read it all bc I don't subscribe to the athletic, but the cliff notes were about Mullen being his favorite coach and posing the question whether dan could flip him or not. Interesting choice for an article I thought.

KOdawg1
11-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Most here say Pickering is as solid as they come.

And think about it. How many times has Mullen flipped a big time recruit? You can count them on one hand. I trust our staff to get it done

Commercecomet24
11-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Nathan ain't going anywhere but Starkvegas. He's recruiting hard for us and he may actually help flip a few himself.

whosyourdawgy
11-27-2018, 02:30 PM
Propoganda piece trying to lure him to the Gators. Will Sammon is a good reporter and this is a very good article on our future defensive lineman. We are gonna get another good one with Nathan, without question

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2018, 02:39 PM
I think Sammon is Mullen's journalist of choice

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2018, 02:47 PM
“I just think, for me, I honestly think that it will be best for me to, like, play for my hometown, but it’s different every year because you have to think about the classes and you got the prospects that are coming in,” Pickering said. “I mean, if Mississippi State wasn’t good and they didn’t have a good class coming in — even if it’s my home state — I’m no dummy; I’m not going to go play for y’all, knowing that y’all don’t have a chance to develop me and to win a national championship. But the class we got coming in is very good. They already have some good players that are there. So I think that Mississippi State will be a good choice for me.
“But then again, you got to think about it: I’m from Mississippi, a little town, and there’s not very many — actually, it’s only me, I’m like the first person in my community to actually go out and be able to do all of this. So I’m still going to take all my visits because this would be my only chance to actually go out and visit these other schools, so I’m going to take advantage of that.”

From the article.

The 4-star defensive lineman committed to the Bulldogs back in the summer, but has kept an open mind when looking at other schools. Has reopening his recruitment crossed his mind this fall?

“Sometimes, sometimes,” Pickering said. “But I don’t think it’s going to happen. Once I committed I’ve tried my best to stay committed as I can. The only thing that would probably change me is if something drastic happened, like the coaching staff gets fired or something, but I don’t see anything like that happening.”

Also from a story with a Bama writer today.

Bully13
11-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Based on Merlin's personality, I don't think he can ever be a "personal" difference maker. Him getting players will always be based on assistants and player bidness decisions.

Bigedawg
11-27-2018, 08:51 PM
What I took away from the article is that Lee Begley is still doing her thing. She arranged for entire coaching staff to sing happy birthday to Pickering on his visit. Funny how Cann lost everything and she keeps on “ plugging” along. I love the Athletic by the way. Well worth the couple of bucks a month.

Pit Bull
11-27-2018, 09:14 PM
Mullen gave it his best shot to flip Lovett with an in home Gatah Chop......Didn't Work!! He can sing Happy Birthday a 100 times to Pick....aint gonna work either!!