PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Better Ranks Top 25

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2018, 01:22 PM
Price is right loser music, cough cough. The real top 25

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24533344/college-football-vegas-top-25-college-football-rankings

https://i.imgur.com/t7YiGwS.jpg

msbulldog
11-27-2018, 01:28 PM
Las Vegas, I love it, Money Talks, BS Walks!

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Notice how KY isn't even in the top 25 & Florida is low.

Both schools caught everyone on their schedule at the perfect time this year. Lots of luck goes into it.

I do think this really helps us in the bowl pecking order though. The SEC wants to win bowl games & will attempt to put their best teams against other conferences best teams.

For example: who is more likely to beat Penn State in the Citrus Bowl: us or KY?

msstate7
11-27-2018, 01:48 PM
Notice how KY isn't even in the top 25 & Florida is low.

Both schools caught everyone on their schedule at the perfect time this year. Lots of luck goes into it.

I do think this really helps us in the bowl pecking order though. The SEC wants to win bowl games & will attempt to put their best teams against other conferences best teams.

For example: who is more likely to beat Penn State in the Citrus Bowl: us or KY?

Of course we'd be a better matchup with penn st in citrus, but that ain't happening

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Of course we'd be a better matchup with penn st in citrus, but that ain't happening

Agree. Just making the point that the SEC won't kill us because it doesn't benefit them.

TrapGame
11-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Us vs. Penn State would be a fantastic match up. The PR writes itself.

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2018, 02:04 PM
I personally want no part of Penn St. We've already seen how a coach who knows our players can shut us down. Imagine coaches that know our scheme and have ample film and preparation for us. It would be very hard to move the ball. Also, we don't know how many of our defensive players are going to suit up for the bowl game. I have a feeling Simmons, Sweat, and maybe Abram could end up sitting out of the bowl game. I believe full strength we would have no problem shutting them down and making it a 7-3 type game.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2018, 02:21 PM
I personally want no part of Penn St. We've already seen how a coach who knows our players can shut us down. Imagine coaches that know our scheme and have ample film and preparation for us. It would be very hard to move the ball. Also, we don't know how many of our defensive players are going to suit up for the bowl game. I have a feeling Simmons, Sweat, and maybe Abram could end up sitting out of the bowl game. I believe full strength we would have no problem shutting them down and making it a 7-3 type game.

Goodness, you're a worry wart. Sorry, but you just seem like the Murphy's Law type

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Goodness, you're a worry wart. Sorry, but you just seem like the Murphy's Law type

I've been a State fan long enough. Murphy's Law might as well be the unofficial school motto.

TrapGame
11-27-2018, 03:25 PM
I've been a State fan long enough. Murphy's Law might as well be the unofficial school motto.

If State had a law school.***

dawgday166
11-27-2018, 03:29 PM

On any given day anyone can lose but if we play them 10 times, we smoke them 9 times.

On neutral field with unbiased refs, it's 50/50 with Bama IMO.

TUSK
11-27-2018, 03:35 PM
On any given day anyone can lose but if we play them 10 times, we smoke them 9 times.

On neutral field with unbiased refs, it's 50/50 with Bama IMO.

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/h/f/2/w/g/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.620x350. 1hf13d.png/1487809087188.jpg

dawgday166
11-27-2018, 03:53 PM
https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/h/f/2/w/g/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.620x350. 1hf13d.png/1487809087188.jpg

I really feel like it'd be 60/40. Gave Bama benefit of doubt to being better than they really are *

Bully13
11-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Is this one person's opinion or does this mean erybody below us would be underdogs at a neutral site?

TUSK
11-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Is this one person's opinion or does this mean erybody below us would be underdogs at a neutral site?

Yes.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2018, 05:17 PM

Hard to say if this is one person's opinion.

I don't think ESPN would've interviewed a non-credible source & I have no clue if this guy is someone that sets the odds or someone that actually bets.

gravedigger
11-27-2018, 06:28 PM

From what I?m hearing, it is happening. Citrus wants the Penn State vs JoeMo storyline.

Can?t say I?m perfectly confident it will happen, but my source is in the know so to speak.

Hope it works out.

TUSK
11-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, ESPN's Will Harris and Bruce Marshall of the Gold Sheet, then combine them with Phil Steele (ESPN) power ratings to give you the consensus Vegas power ratings.

It's bookies/entertainers... not legit lines...

gravedigger
11-27-2018, 06:46 PM
Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, ESPN's Will Harris and Bruce Marshall of the Gold Sheet, then combine them with Phil Steele (ESPN) power ratings to give you the consensus Vegas power ratings.

It's bookies/entertainers... not legit lines...

Sagarin has us 8 and Massey 12