PDA

View Full Version : MBB vs Alcorn thread

Dawg61
11-26-2018, 06:57 PM
7pm SECN

Bulldogs are 4-1 and ranked #25 this week.

MCsMGs
11-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Alcorn is small...

Ado with a boot on his foot.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Kickingstallionsims*

BhamDawg
11-26-2018, 08:11 PM
7pm SECN

Bulldogs are 4-1 and ranked #25 this week.

That crowd is embarrassing.

parabrave
Hey we're 100% 3 pter.

HoopsDawg
Just call this the RPI killer game.

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Playing half assed defense and Alcorn out hustling us. I’m concerned about the Dayton game Friday. Gotta play a billion times better then this shit.

msstate7
11-26-2018, 08:20 PM
We have a 3-pt lead with round 11 mins to go. Maybe it is time to worry

LC Dawg
11-26-2018, 08:23 PM

Monday night after Thanksgiving is a ridiculous time to schedule a game in Starkville. The women played Saturday and they could have had a men's game to make a doubleheader.

99jc
11-26-2018, 08:25 PM

I wish I could get my enthusiasm back for men's BB. I used to love it now I would much rather watch the women. We seem to play to the level of our competetion, we should be blowing this team out. The women have spoiled me.

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 08:26 PM

Agreed Msstate7. This is the team you should be complaining about. We have 4 and 5 stars everywhere on this starting five and have 4 stars off the bench. We have experience as well. And this is what Howland produces? Not impressed.

msstate7
11-26-2018, 08:29 PM
I've been big on howland, but I'm waivering. I don't think we sputter along on teams like this with ric Barnes or Bruce pearl coaching. Ben, wake up and get this team in gear

Dawg2003
11-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Were we always this soft on defense?

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Howland needs to bench the hell out of this team and yet he just leaves them in there. Hell Jethro T would be big in this game. You have to do something to wake these guys up. Our defense sucks ass and they are just letting Alcorn shoot wide open three pointers and yet still don’t block out. Dayton would have killed us with this effort and I think they will beat us if we continue to play this way.

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 08:31 PM
I've been big on howland, but I'm waivering. I don't think we sputter along on teams like this with ric Barnes or Bruce pearl coaching. Ben, wake up and get this team in gear

I’d go a step further. We would do better with Kermit Davis as far as in game coaching so far.

LC Dawg
11-26-2018, 08:31 PM
I keep hoping it will change but we just don't look well coached.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2018, 08:32 PM
7 turnovers. Most of them unforced.

maroonmania
11-26-2018, 08:33 PM
Were we always this soft on defense?

We are a very soft team for sure. We never come out ready to play or play with any urgency or intensity. We have more talent than we've had in a long time but we play like we don't care much whether we win or lose. Howland and staff could use some lessons from Schaefer and staff.

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Well its tough to get up for a game where only 1000 people show up. Sloppy and not dominate in any fashio at the 6:14 point in the 1st.

If this team wants to get somewhere in this season, they need to execute and dominate these teams. Its like practicing lazy as shit. Sooner or later, you will not be able to do anything against an equal or better foe.

I mean, do we ever hustle?

msstate7
11-26-2018, 08:34 PM
I wanna see a 20-4 type run to close this half. Challenge em, Ben

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2018, 08:36 PM
I say thay, now we up 12 a minute later

msstate7
11-26-2018, 08:36 PM
Better. Pour it on

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 08:37 PM
And when we are kickin' ass in a couple weeks and look unbeatable you will all be back... I'll be here waiting. It's a slow start... the GD sky isn't falling. When you start sounding like 7, take a deep breath and realize you are overreacting and quite possibly a moron.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2018, 08:39 PM
Good to see some 3s going in even if Alcorn is giving them to us.

maroonmania
And when we are kickin' ass in a couple weeks and look unbeatable you will all be back... I'll be here waiting. It's a slow start... the GD sky isn't falling. When you start sounding like 7, take a deep breath and realize you are overreacting and quite possibly a moron.

What I'm complaining about happens most every game, every year with Howland. Coming out of the gate like we are still asleep. We came out that way against Arizona State and they put us away in the first half. We totally owned them in the second half but we were too far behind to pull it out.

Homedawg

But if we hadn't moved the students******
And I'm not going to lie, I have tickets and I'm back at the house. So shoot me.

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 08:40 PM

Dude, this is an experienced talented team. We started this way the last three games and I believe we started this way against Long Beach State. We can’t afford another loss like we had against Arizona State and be where we want to be. If we start slow like this at Dayton, we will be down 10-12 points quickly. Howland is a Final Four coach and he has the most talent he’s had in a long time. Time for him to put up or shut up.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Tell the kids they will immediately come out if they don't block out. Also, 22 has to be more productive if he wants more minutes.

maroonmania
11-26-2018, 08:47 PM
Problem is that if our women's team was playing this apathetically Schaefer would be chewing ass. Our mens' coaches just sit there like a knot on a log.

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Tell the kids they will immediately come out if they don't block out. Also, 22 has to be more productive if he wants more minutes.

This is how kids respond these days. The only thing that they care about is their playing time. You can yell at them until you’re blue in the face but at some point it just becomes white noise. He has the bench to send a message. It’s time for him to send one and bench those not playing hard defense. He did that everywhere else he has been. Not sure why he is so soft now.

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2018, 08:53 PM
Well I am not talking shit about the team, its just like they really do not care to be the best they can be at all times. Looks like they are just going through the motions. Its clear to me, that they do not look like one of the top 15 teams in the nation. They look slow and do not execute.

I am a firm believer in you practice how you want to play, and this lack of intensity in this practice game will be trouble when they play a team with solid defense and energy. New year, same story.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 08:54 PM
Dude, this is an experienced talented team. We started this way the last three games and I believe we started this way against Long Beach State. We can’t afford another loss like we had against Arizona State and be where we want to be. If we start slow like this at Dayton, we will be down 10-12 points quickly. Howland is a Final Four coach and he has the most talent he’s had in a long time. Time for him to put up or shut up.

Again... I'll be here when Howland suddenly "learns how to coach again" when in truth he'll be doing the same thing he's doing now and for the the last 20+ years! So we are a slow starting team, I'll judge them on wins and losses not if we fall behind early in the season.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 08:55 PM

And dude... aren't you the guy that was bitching that Hill was playing in the EB. Lolz!!

Dawg2003
11-26-2018, 08:58 PM

I mean, no one said the sky is falling. It's pretty much just honest observations about this team. It's pretty general stuff.

LC Dawg
11-26-2018, 08:59 PM

I hear you and you're probably right about us coming around and kicking ass but this team has not looked that good this year and it's concerning. Our women replaced four starters and they come out every game and dominate lesser opponents. These guys have quite a few years experience and they let lesser teams hang around. It's not talent. It honestly looks like it's an effort issue and that's not good.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 09:07 PM
I mean, no one said the sky is falling. It's pretty much just honest observations about this team. It's pretty general stuff.

Upon further review it was mostly Marketing Bully bitching w/ some agreements from the peanut gallery. It has slowed dramatically, I guess we're asserting ourselves now?

msstate7
11-26-2018, 09:13 PM
8-14 from 3

Really didn't like the effort the first 10 or so mins, but I like the decreased number of 3s and a higher conversion rate

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Winning now... YAWN. Wasn't there a thread about us underachieving in football or recruiting... see ya!!

HoopsDawg
11-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Winning now... YAWN. Wasn't there a thread about us underachieving in football or recruiting... see ya!!

You attacking other posters, mindlessly defending everything MSU, and not giving good takes about the actual actions of the game is just as annoying as the posters you complain about.

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 09:24 PM
I didn’t say anything about Hill. But this is the kind of effort in the second half is what we need for 40 minutes. It all starts on the defensive end and being aggressive and not letting the other team run their offense. Great play to start the second half. We have the talent and experience just need the want to for 40 minutes.

maroonmania
11-26-2018, 09:27 PM
I didn’t say anything about Hill. But this is the kind of effort in the second half is what we need for 40 minutes. It all starts on the defensive end and being aggressive and not letting the other team run their offense. Great play to start the second half. We have the talent and experience just need the want to for 40 minutes.

This is just rinse and repeat. We always give good effort in the 2nd half which is fine for competition like JSU. Problem is, when you play a team with a pulse like ASU, it takes more than 20 minutes of good basketball to win.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2018, 09:29 PM
Can someone teach Feazell how to set a screen.

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2018, 09:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing. We may want to teach the player with the ball how to wait for him to finally set a screen before forcing the issue.

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2018, 09:32 PM
Do our bigs ever body someone up and demand the ball down low?

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 09:42 PM
Sloppy sloppy sloppy. We had a 33 point lead whittled down to 21. We have to play better then this. Gotta play 40 minutes not 15-20.

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 09:50 PM
Won 88-65. Hope we have Ado on Friday. Good glimpses of what we could be but need to play a full 40 minutes and start with energy to begin these games. Have a big test Friday at Dayton.

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2018, 09:52 PM
We won by playing 10 solid minutes. I understand it wasn't like we were playing Duke at home, but Duke doesn't play any game for only 10 solid minutes. That is the difference between our team and one that will not lose opportunities down the road. This was essentially a practice game and it doesn't look like we took it as an opportunity to learn how to execute.

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2018, 10:01 PM
I am really too hard on this team. I will admit it. Love all the players. I truely do. I just saw what we did last year with our lack of energy and throwing away games we would have won with a little more effort and execution and I do not want our Bulldogs to miss the dance again. Got to attack every game like you have something to prove. Got to act like Alcorn could very well be Duke or Gonzaga, cause you know what, to get to where we want to go, you will have to play them.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 10:03 PM
You attacking other posters, mindlessly defending everything MSU, and not giving good takes about the actual actions of the game is just as annoying as the posters you complain about.

I don't mindlessly defend MSU, but I do get sick of you, salty, 7 and 99's constant 17'n bitching & whining. And if you don't like it...

https://i.postimg.cc/Rh1GYHm0/2-D8-EE9-EF-5813-4-E7-D-A68-B-F875-F4-D14-B34.gif

MarketingBully
11-26-2018, 10:24 PM
I don't mindlessly defend MSU, but I do get sick of you, salty, 7 and 99's constant 17'n bitching & whining. And if you don't like it...

https://i.postimg.cc/Rh1GYHm0/2-D8-EE9-EF-5813-4-E7-D-A68-B-F875-F4-D14-B34.gif

Great movie Turfdawg. I don’t mind people defending our team. If it was just constant bitching, this wouldn’t be a fun board at all.

msstate7
11-26-2018, 10:29 PM
3-pt shooting: 11-24 (.458)

Hopefully this is sign perimeter shooting is coming around.

Decent test Friday night at Dayton

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 10:44 PM
Great movie Turfdawg. I don’t mind people defending our team. If it was just constant bitching, this wouldn’t be a fun board at all.

Cool bro! And if it wasn't you complaining about Hill playing, I apologize. Maybe it was Liverpool... if so, doubly sorry.

MarketingBully
11-27-2018, 07:12 AM
3-pt shooting: 11-24 (.458)

Hopefully this is sign perimeter shooting is coming around.

Decent test Friday night at Dayton

This team has so much potential. Just have to realize it. We shot more threes in the flow of the offense which if we do that we will be hard to stop offensively. Peters is still learning when to take it to the hole vs passing it back out. I wish we would utilize Holman’s and Perry’s low post games more. They are a nightmare to defend. Just have to put it together. We will find out what we have in the next month as these next 8 games should test us.

MarketingBully
11-27-2018, 07:21 AM
Cool bro! And if it wasn't you complaining about Hill playing, I apologize. Maybe it was Liverpool... if so, doubly sorry.

Not a problem. Easy mistake to make. I’m giving Moorhead a pass this year since this was his first time to be a head coach at a P5 job. Seems silly people are ripping him that he didn’t win 10 games. Coach Howland on the other hand doesn’t get a pass from me with the team he built with the talent and experience. But like you said it’s early and it’s probably best to let it all play out before being up in arms with everything. I just think this could be a special team and with a Final Four coach I’d of thought he would have them play better.

Liverpooldawg
11-27-2018, 08:55 AM
I still haven't formed a real opinion yet. We still haven't played enough decent opposition to tell. I haven't seen anything to generate any optimism yet. I also haven't seen seen enough to say they are no better than last year. Friday night will be a good data point I think.

Bully13
11-27-2018, 09:42 AM
We definitely have not lived up this year to where we left off from last year. This digression is frustrating and confusing. Especially since it's the same damn players.

thf24
11-27-2018, 10:01 AM
Do our bigs ever body someone up and demand the ball down low?

We don't have anyone right now who can do a lot down low except for Holman against smaller F's and C's, and maybe Perry later on in the season. Still wish we'd at least run it through there more often though.

MCsMGs
11-27-2018, 11:29 AM
We definitely have not lived up this year to where we left off from last year. This digression is frustrating and confusing. Especially since it's the same damn players.

It's not the same players...Howland is intentionally playing Reggie and Robert lots of minutes at this point of the season as an investment for later in the season. Several of the coaches I have spoken to say this is the reason for the "regression" in our defense. Where the breakdown is coming from is the switching when coming off ball screens and our guys not getting back to the open man.

PS I "get" your frustration.

MCsMGs
11-27-2018, 11:34 AM
We don't have anyone right now who can do a lot down low except for Holman against smaller F's and C's, and maybe Perry later on in the season. Still wish we'd at least run it through there more often though.

Reggie definitely has the most upside of our post players from an offensive perspective. I think we will see big improvement from him as the season progresses.