PDA

View Full Version : Sporting New Bowl Projections.....

Pit Bull
11-26-2018, 06:50 PM
...well....what's another! It's that time of year to fill some space. Just saw this in the last few minutes. Scroll down a bit to get to all the projected bowls list......if came true would be interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/bowl-projections-ohio-state-oklahoma-fight-for-last-cfp-spot/ar-BBQ75A6?ocid=spartandhp

yjnkdawg
11-26-2018, 07:11 PM
LOL So, Vandy jumps us for the Music City Bowl. Unless things get totally screwed up in the bowl selections, we aren't going to the Liberty Bowl.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2018, 07:15 PM
They think there will be two ranked eight plus win teams in the Liberty Bowl? That stadium would be packed with those two team. Elvis would have to roll over in his grave to hide his boner.

That would be one of the best bowl match ups this year.

Mjoelner34
11-26-2018, 07:21 PM
So, they have an SEC team in the Indy bowl but not the Birmingham bowl which makes its pick before the Indy. They're just slinging shit on the wall without doing any form of research.

From an SECsports.com article:
*The Birmingham Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl and the Pool of Six Bowls (Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl).

**The Independence Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl, the Pool of Six (Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl) and the Birmingham Bowl.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2018, 07:23 PM
I actually would be totally ok with that. We would probably win and move into the top 15, and it's close enough that we could really pack it out

msstate7
11-26-2018, 07:25 PM
LOL So, Vandy jumps us for the Music City Bowl. Unless things get totally screwed up in the bowl selections, we aren't going to the Liberty Bowl.

No way the music city bowl wants vandy. That would be a terrible draw to get the home town team

Pit Bull
11-26-2018, 07:34 PM

Nobody jumps anybody and anybody can jump anybody in the group of 6 equal bowls after the Citrus selects. This group includes the Liberty, Gator, Outback, Belk, Texas, and Music. All of those group of 6 are equivalent bowls. Vandy would not be jumping anybody. They could just as easily go to the Outback or the Texas or the Belk as we could. Birmingham Bowl should get the next to the last pick over the Indy. And the Indy gets an SEC team if any are left. The only thing the SEC office can do to is help the bowls get someone in their geographical area if possible. If UGA were to beat BAMA and LSU can stay in the top 12, then it might help us, but then again, it may not matter. After the Citrus pick, all the rest are basically a popularity contest and the bowls trying to fill their stadiums with the best travelling fans.

Homedawg
11-26-2018, 07:43 PM
No way the music city bowl wants vandy. That would be a terrible draw to get the home town team

This guy knows nothing.

msstate7
11-26-2018, 07:58 PM
This guy knows nothing.

Maybe not. I just see the worst team in the sec attendance wise, and school being out on top of that. Then you look at the opponent playing vandy, so that hurts the appeal of traveling to see your team play the commodores. I could be looking at it wrong, but I see a very unappealing bowl game

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2018, 08:09 PM
They would be a great test for our defense for sure.

That would be a quality W for Moorhead if we were to beat them. Create big time momentum for us

turtlesnacks
11-26-2018, 08:36 PM
that’s not a good matchup for us at all, i’d actually be very worried.

Cowbell
11-26-2018, 09:03 PM
that?s not a good matchup for us at all, i?d actually be very worried.

Umm...don?t be. We would rack up the points on what they call a defense and Greer will rarely have pass protection long enough to attempt a deep ball. I want to see us play a big 12 team. They would not know what to do when they saw our DLine.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2018, 09:39 PM
that’s not a good matchup for us at all, i’d actually be very worried.

Alabama had three points in the second half. We put A5-o on his ass a bunch. Ole miss could not do anything on us. Those are two of the top offenses in the nation. I have no fear when it comes to our defense. Plus our DB's are playing better then they have played in years. Our defense in all three levels are elite now. Also as seen Saturday WV has no defense. Nick, Hill and A Train will run all over them burning up clock.

We win!

turtlesnacks
11-27-2018, 03:06 AM
inherently we will not compete well with any team that can score a bunch because eventually they will. west virginia is much better than ole miss and you saw west virginia play against the best offense in the country, hence why their defense didn’t look great. tennessee, strong defense and weak offense got wiped off the face of the earth by west virginia. if we can’t put up points, we will eventually get gassed and they WILL score, just like the kentucky game.

the alabama game we were down 21-0 at the half and they weren’t even using the best portion of their offense. tua hardly threw the ball but it was most likely because we hurt him. if you compare alabama’s offensive playcalling vs us and theirs vs lsu you can see it was quite different.

i’m telling you, a matchup with any team that can sling the ball around and get rid of it quickly is a bad matchup. we have had the luck of playing 10.5 mediocre to straight up bad quarterbacks with weak receiving corps, and the one team we played with both only threw the ball 21 times whereas in the lsu game tua threw 42 times and against auburn he threw 32 times.

i would not take them too lightly if i were you guys.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2018, 10:08 AM
inherently we will not compete well with any team that can score a bunch because eventually they will. west virginia is much better than ole miss and you saw west virginia play against the best offense in the country, hence why their defense didn?t look great. tennessee, strong defense and weak offense got wiped off the face of the earth by west virginia. if we can?t put up points, we will eventually get gassed and they WILL score, just like the kentucky game.

the alabama game we were down 21-0 at the half and they weren?t even using the best portion of their offense. tua hardly threw the ball but it was most likely because we hurt him. if you compare alabama?s offensive playcalling vs us and theirs vs lsu you can see it was quite different.

i?m telling you, a matchup with any team that can sling the ball around and get rid of it quickly is a bad matchup. we have had the luck of playing 10.5 mediocre to straight up bad quarterbacks with weak receiving corps, and the one team we played with both only threw the ball 21 times whereas in the lsu game tua threw 42 times and against auburn he threw 32 times.

i would not take them too lightly if i were you guys.

Well we might not play them at all but if we do then WVa defense would be an interesting matchup against our Offense since they are ranked right behind A&M. Our defense isn't ranked #1 just because we played shitty offenses, it is because they are strong as an ox and fast as hell. We might end up having 3 first round picks off our defense this year and I could see Willie Gay and possibly Dantzler also going 1st or 2nd round.

Homedawg
11-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Maybe not. I just see the worst team in the sec attendance wise, and school being out on top of that. Then you look at the opponent playing vandy, so that hurts the appeal of traveling to see your team play the commodores. I could be looking at it wrong, but I see a very unappealing bowl game

Sorry wasn't talking about you. I meant the sporting news guy. Should have been clear.

msstate7
11-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Sorry wasn't talking about you. I meant the sporting news guy. Should have been clear.

I'm trained to assume you meant me. I'm public enemy #1 here these days lol

msudawg1200
11-27-2018, 12:10 PM
So, they have an SEC team in the Indy bowl but not the Birmingham bowl which makes its pick before the Indy. They're just slinging shit on the wall without doing any form of research.

From an SECsports.com article:
*The Birmingham Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl and the Pool of Six Bowls (Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl).

**The Independence Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl, the Pool of Six (Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl) and the Birmingham Bowl.

Exactly why I take these bowl projections with a grain of salt. They have no clue on the selection process or how it works. I actually had to prove an expert wrong a few years ago on the APR deal between us and Texas. Most have no clue about any of the conferences and how they put teams in bowls.

RocketDawg
11-27-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm trained to assume you meant me. I'm public enemy #1 here these days lol

I thought he meant you too. :)

msstate7
11-27-2018, 05:47 PM
I thought he meant you too. :)

It fit haha