PDA

View Full Version : No Bowl Suspensions

Really Clark?
11-26-2018, 05:09 PM
http://www.secsports.com/article/25386268/sec-statement-ole-miss-msu-gamead-meet

The SEC also cleared the misidentified players and named the guilty players

Scared_Hitless
11-26-2018, 05:11 PM
Good to see we will be at full strength for the bowl game at the minimum.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2018, 05:12 PM
They owed us.

TrapGame
11-26-2018, 05:12 PM
Nice.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 05:13 PM
That's awesome news!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 05:14 PM
That ought to be a fun meeting with WWF man bdork and the IB with sankey lol

Really Clark?
11-26-2018, 05:17 PM

Thought the same thing. Ought to make the asst AD and Coach Moorehead have a little heart to heart as well...let that introverted beast out again

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 05:19 PM
Thought the same thing. Ought to make the asst AD and Coach Moorehead have a little heart to heart as well...let that introverted beast out again

I would pay good money to be able to sit in on that meeting lol! I'm sure i've paid more for less entertaintment. I was gonna say Cohen needs to take Joe along as bodyguard. Ain't nobody messing with Joe.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2018, 05:20 PM
A few thoughts here:

1. What if it was a close game & losing Danztler actually cost us the game? Get it right Steve Shaw!

2. As I mentioned earlier today, the suspensions being lifted are bigger for OM than for us. It's just a bowl game for us & a DB, but for OM, Corral was on the cusp of being suspended for their must win game vs Memphis to open next season.

3. I wear this principle office meeting as a badge of honor. That being said, it probably needs to happen. At this level of escalation, it wouldn't have been long before someone got seriously hurt, fan or player, outside of in the game itself.

Coursesuper
11-26-2018, 05:22 PM

I wish I could sit in on that meeting, How does one tell the landbbearsharkbles to act like civil adults not like pissed off teenagers win or lose.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 05:23 PM
A few thoughts here:

1. What if it was a close game & losing Danztler actually cost us the game? Get it right Steve Shaw!

2. As I mentioned earlier today, the suspensions being lifted are bigger for OM than for us. It's just a bowl game for us & a DB, but for OM, Corral was on the cusp of being suspended for their must win game vs Memphis to open next season.

3. I wear this principle office meeting as a badge of honor. That being said, it probably needs to happen. At this level of escalation, it wouldn't have been long before someone got seriously hurt, fan or player, outside of in the game itself.

We would've actually been without our 2 starting corners for the bowl game and Gay. Also Memphis is gonna beat unm.

Coursesuper
11-26-2018, 05:24 PM
A few thoughts here:

Don't you find it amazing that during the UNM celebrations during last years EB that there were no altercations.

drunkernhelldawg
11-26-2018, 05:27 PM
Good

TrapGame
11-26-2018, 05:28 PM
I wish I could sit in on that meeting, How does one tell the landbbearsharkbles to act like civil adults not like pissed off teenagers win or lose.

First, IB needs to let it be known that if Bdork had done his job om would not have incurred punishment from the NCAA. Not Kobe or Leo or even Mullen, it was Bdork's prison and he let the inmates run it. That is why they are pissed off. They got caught and have to reap what they sowed for a couple of years.

Todd4State
11-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Probably needs to happen.

The solution to me is fairly simple:

Ole Miss needs to stop blatantly cheating, intentionally hurting our players because they were caught cheating and blamed it all on us even though it was about 15 schools that turned them in, and then acting like complete douchebags the entire game in which they hurt players. We in turn at MSU will stop throwing it back into your face when we kick your ass the next year. On the football field for clarification on the ass kicking because there were multiple ass kickings distributed by MSU both on and off the field of competition. That will in theory stop Ole Miss from crying about us planting a flag at midfield- even though we didn't cry about it when Ole Miss did it to us.

But the other thing that needs to be said here is Ole Miss has been doing dirty crap to teams and intentionally hurting players the entire year. And if I'm Cohen I'm pointing that out. Because that's the kind of stuff that can start a brawl.

Coursesuper
11-26-2018, 05:40 PM
First, IB needs to let it be known that if Bdork had done his job om would not have incurred punishment from the NCAA. Not Kobe or Leo or even Mullen, it was Bdork's prison and he let the inmates run it. That is why they are pissed off. They got caught and have to reap what they sowed for a couple of years.

There in lies the problem, Bjork isn't in charge of jack shat, he is just doing exactly as he is told by DN and the others that actually in running that circus.

ScoobaDawg
11-26-2018, 05:52 PM
http://www.secsports.com/article/25386268/sec-statement-ole-miss-msu-gamead-meet

The SEC also cleared the misidentified players and named the guilty players

That's great.... and Matt Corral has the biggest bullseye on his back... since the League now called him out "subject to suspensions should there be any future similar actions"

Now the biggest thing... HOW BIG OF A JOKE ARE THOSE REFS... the SEC just called them out publicly for Throwing out the wrong players....
If I'm John, I walk in there and say it's all well and good you want to talk about these incidents in the game, but this is ANOTHER HORRIBLE job by the Refs AND THE OVERSIGHT of them.. How do you eject the wrong damn players. SO EMBARRASSING.

"Two of the players penalized were misidentified and should not have been ejected for flagrant personal fouls: #3 Cameron Dantzler of Mississippi State and #38 C.J. Moore of Ole Miss."

WinningIsRelentless
11-26-2018, 05:55 PM
That press release pisses me off. One if your officials do their job then their is no altercation. Second you are going to publicly reprimand a 18-22 year old but not say shit when your officials screw up?

Get the 17 out of here with that shit.

redstickdawg
11-26-2018, 05:56 PM

How do you have a reasonable meeting where one of the major antagonists (dork) was a major instigator in the post game melee? I haven't seen anything where IB did anything wrong, but we have video of their ass AD calling names and starting feces. Also dork was close by and in the mix.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 06:12 PM
Don't you find it amazing that during the UNM celebrations during last years EB that there were no altercations.

Ain't that the truth.

Todd4State
11-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Buy/Sell:

Ole Miss's solution will be to stop playing the Egg Bowl the next two years.**

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 06:19 PM
A few thoughts here:

Based on what I heard about him from out west and watching his antics at the Egg Bowl, I'd say that if Corral was at any place other than the Plantation he probabaly wouldn't make it to next fall.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2018, 06:20 PM
A few thoughts here:

I will go down on the record as saying the reason these suspensions were reversed by the SEC was more to do with Ole Miss vs Memphis than it was MSU vs bowl opponent.

I know it's important for us but Ole Miss would straight up get beat by Memphis without Corral. They still may with but talk about a black eye for the SEC. Lose to Memphis to open the season would be terrible.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2018, 06:22 PM
Buy/Sell:

Ole Miss's solution will be to stop playing the Egg Bowl the next two years.**

There is a Spirit thread saying they and LSU should move to the Big 12 because Bama screws them. So maybe they are on their way to ending the Egg Bowl already.*****

Spiderman
11-26-2018, 06:32 PM
That press release pisses me off. One if your officials do their job then their is no altercation. Second you are going to publicly reprimand a 18-22 year old but not say shit when your officials screw up?

Get the 17 out of here with that shit.

Yep, 100% agree

WSOPdawg
11-26-2018, 06:48 PM
There is a Spirit thread saying they and LSU should move to the Big 12 because Bama screws them. So maybe they are on their way to ending the Egg Bowl already.*****

I could see the UM bolting for the Big12 but LSU should have enough sense to say "no thanks" and ask who allowed UM to speak for Baton Rouge. Would be the biggest mistake UM ever made if they made that move and even they can't be that stupid.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 07:02 PM
I will go down on the record as saying the reason these suspensions were reversed by the SEC was more to do with Ole Miss vs Memphis than it was MSU vs bowl opponent.

I know it's important for us but Ole Miss would straight up get beat by Memphis without Corral. They still may with but talk about a black eye for the SEC. Lose to Memphis to open the season would be terrible.

I agree with most of what you say, but this is simply lunacy. They reversed because of how bad the in game refs 17'd everything up.

DLGDawg
11-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Probably needs to happen.

The solution to me is fairly simple:

Ole Miss needs to stop blatantly cheating, intentionally hurting our players because they were caught cheating and blamed it all on us even though it was about 15 schools that turned them in, and then acting like complete douchebags the entire game in which they hurt players. We in turn at MSU will stop throwing it back into your face when we kick your ass the next year. On the football field for clarification on the ass kicking because there were multiple ass kickings distributed by MSU both on and off the field of competition. That will in theory stop Ole Miss from crying about us planting a flag at midfield- even though we didn't cry about it when Ole Miss did it to us.

But the other thing that needs to be said here is Ole Miss has been doing dirty crap to teams and intentionally hurting players the entire year. And if I'm Cohen I'm pointing that out. Because that's the kind of stuff that can start a brawl.

Todd, here lately our thoughts seem to be very connected. Excellent post.

As you said, the blatant cheating AND identifying certain recruits of ours to flip at the last minute.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2018, 07:14 PM
I agree with most of what you say, but this is simply lunacy. They reversed because of how bad the in game refs 17'd everything up.

Let me clarify. They didn't uphold anything. They could have very easily reversed everything and upheld the calls but gotten the numbers correct. They chose not to do that.

I think of course some of that has to do with the idiocy of the refs. But they could have upheld those penalties for the correct players and they chose not to. I think Ole Miss vs Memphis with a half without Corral and OM not having a QB could be a disaster for them.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 07:50 PM
After actually reading the statement, doesn't this explain it? It wasn't reversed...

Flagrant personal foul penalties do not result in suspensions for subsequent games.

MetEdDawg
11-26-2018, 07:59 PM
After actually reading the statement, doesn't this explain it? It wasn't reversed...

Flagrant personal foul penalties do not result in suspensions for subsequent games.

Missed that. Was under the impression that all ejections followed the same rules. If that's the case then nothing to see here.

West Tn Dawg
11-26-2018, 09:19 PM
I went over to the SCUMSharts boards to see what they were saying about this. I liked to have died laughing. They say it's all Sankeys fault because of Leo! Unbelievable that they are now blaming the "toxic" rivalry on Leo now!
I love the comedy with that bunch!

Mudhole
11-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Wonder how this will turn out?

BeardoMSU
11-26-2018, 09:58 PM
Wonder how this will turn out?

IB will announce our renewed relationship with Bryan Dogs....*

https://media.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/o8dnW6uQHgItq/giphy.gif

BiscuitEater
11-26-2018, 10:56 PM
At least the SEC went back and got the players right. Zero missed bowl time is a plus.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-27-2018, 12:14 AM
If the dumbass officials blow the whistle when the clock runs out for the quarter, none of this would be happening. That's what I tell Sankey when I walk in the room.

Todd4State
11-27-2018, 12:27 AM

This may be why this Egg Bowl becomes memorable. We may look back at this one as the one that broke Ole Miss. Between wanting to take the next two years off from the rivalry to now wanting to join the Big 12. And this is another big difference between the two football programs and fan bases. We lose- we go back to the drawing board and come back and beat them when we get the next opportunity. Ole Miss wants to quit when they lose.

Todd, here lately our thoughts seem to be very connected. Excellent post.

As you said, the blatant cheating AND identifying certain recruits of ours to flip at the last minute.

Thank you! Of course the recruiting especially during the Dan Mullen era by them was basically a way of showing the hunchback that they were still in charge and make them feel better about themselves. The funny thing about the Amy AA debacle was only one of those players panned out- and even then he underperformed his rating and didn't even make it to the NFL.

I went over to the SCUMSharts boards to see what they were saying about this. I liked to have died laughing. They say it's all Sankeys fault because of Leo! Unbelievable that they are now blaming the "toxic" rivalry on Leo now!
I love the comedy with that bunch!

And again- here is part of the problem. They refuse to take responsibility for their role in any of this. Why did they try to buy players like Leo in the first place? Because they wanted a quick fix and refused to build a program the right way because they wanted to show up Dan Mullen. How convenient that they have forgotten Doug Buckles who did the same thing to us over far less money. And as a MSU fan I'll take ownership of Dan stirring things up. But at the same time the way to respond to "I know one thing- there's one program in this state that is on the rise" and "TSUN" is not to completely flip out and start buying off players left and right. They're the ones that chose to cheat- not Leo Lewis.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2018, 08:51 AM
And again- here is part of the problem. They refuse to take responsibility for their role in any of this. Why did they try to buy players like Leo in the first place? Because they wanted a quick fix and refused to build a program the right way because they wanted to show up Dan Mullen. How convenient that they have forgotten Doug Buckles who did the same thing to us over far less money. And as a MSU fan I'll take ownership of Dan stirring things up. But at the same time the way to respond to "I know one thing- there's one program in this state that is on the rise" and "TSUN" is not to completely flip out and start buying off players left and right. They're the ones that chose to cheat- not Leo Lewis.

The most amazing thing about their "Sankey should have done his job and protected us" is how revisionist it is regarding why the SEC started requiring schools to come to them with allegations before going to the NCAA. The SEC was trying to coral the penny ante BS that Ole Miss - and others - were constantly throwing at the NCAA to implicate other teams. Things like Kevin Fant's tires, or Will Redmond's "deal", were all about BS that the SEC recognized was part of the game. The SEC was tired of the 1990s free for all of probation that was caused by it. A lot of that was Bama vs. UT. But a lot of that was Ole Miss and their Jackie hatred.

Notice that Bama has been "clean" since their last pop in '09.
Notice AU has been "clean" since '95 - the longest period in the history of their program (f'n cheating bastards)
Notice Arkansas has been "clean" since their last pop in '03.
Notice UF has been "clean" since Spurrier arrived.
Notice UGA has been "clean" since the mid '90s.
Notice Ut has been "clean" since their last pop with Bama in '09.
Kentucky has been clean since Hal Mumme left.

But, look who decided to a)still turn in another school for a penny ante BS issue; and b) go balls to the wall cheating by creating "The Program" with Sanders; stealing recruits from Michigan, Illinois, Ohio State, UF, UGA and others; c) had a player admit on national TV that the coaches were paying him; and d) continued cheating when they were under investigation. Yeah, a lot of the stuff in the report was low dollar stuff that everyone does, but the SEC could not protect them from the Sanders deal because of it surfacing during the ULL investigation.

And the funniest thing was all they had to do was tone it down for a year or two. The NCAA wasn't going to hammer them over the Sanders deal. That was clear. They wanted the people involved in that out of the game and they got them. But, those asshats couldn't stop.

Really Clark?
11-27-2018, 09:24 AM
The most amazing thing about their "Sankey should have done his job and protected us" is how revisionist it is regarding why the SEC started requiring schools to come to them with allegations before going to the NCAA. The SEC was trying to coral the penny ante BS that Ole Miss - and others - were constantly throwing at the NCAA to implicate other teams. Things like Kevin Fant's tires, or Will Redmond's "deal", were all about BS that the SEC recognized was part of the game. The SEC was tired of the 1990s free for all of probation that was caused by it. A lot of that was Bama vs. UT. But a lot of that was Ole Miss and their Jackie hatred.

Notice that Bama has been "clean" since their last pop in '09.
Notice AU has been "clean" since '95 - the longest period in the history of their program (f'n cheating bastards)
Notice Arkansas has been "clean" since their last pop in '03.
Notice UF has been "clean" since Spurrier arrived.
Notice UGA has been "clean" since the mid '90s.
Notice Ut has been "clean" since their last pop with Bama in '09.
Kentucky has been clean since Hal Mumme left.

But, look who decided to a)still turn in another school for a penny ante BS issue; and b) go balls to the wall cheating by creating "The Program" with Sanders; stealing recruits from Michigan, Illinois, Ohio State, UF, UGA and others; c) had a player admit on national TV that the coaches were paying him; and d) continued cheating when they were under investigation. Yeah, a lot of the stuff in the report was low dollar stuff that everyone does, but the SEC could not protect them from the Sanders deal because of it surfacing during the ULL investigation.

And the funniest thing was all they had to do was tone it down for a year or two. The NCAA wasn't going to hammer them over the Sanders deal. That was clear. They wanted the people involved in that out of the game and they got them. But, those asshats couldn't stop.

Good points but to clarify, Saunders didn’t turn up with the NCAA investigation into ULL. It was their investigation into UNM that turned up Saunders and that lead to an investigation into ULL. ULL was the secondary to the primary investigation into UNM.

Coursesuper
11-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Good points but to clarify, Saunders didn’t turn up with the NCAA investigation into ULL. It was their investigation into UNM that turned up Saunders and that lead to an investigation into ULL. ULL was the secondary to the primary investigation into UNM.

Beat me to it, and they didn't even get close to getting to the bottom of the dung heap that is UNM football recruiting in Waybo.

Pollodawg
11-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Lol at all of the whining on Nafoom about the Egg Bowl shenanigans. Jeffery Simmons says people who recruit players that put their fingers in freshman butts shouldn’t throw stones. That’s literally a sex offender, but please continue to be the most oblivious fan base on the planet. And you’re only mad about Leo’s immunity deal because it’s you. If it were State being roasted, you’d have the square root of zero to say about it.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2018, 09:51 AM
Good points but to clarify, Saunders didn?t turn up with the NCAA investigation into ULL. It was their investigation into UNM that turned up Saunders and that lead to an investigation into ULL. ULL was the secondary to the primary investigation into UNM.

Beat me to it, and they didn't even get close to getting to the bottom of the dung heap that is UNM football recruiting in Waybo.

Y'all are right. But, the SEC isn't going to be able to protect you from stuff like that. Booster shenanigans is one thing, rigging test scores is fraud. If anything, the NCAA did them a solid by the way they handled it.