PDA

View Full Version : any development on Ole Miss Associate AD Assaulting our players?

Bully13
11-26-2018, 02:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone had an update

Really Clark?
11-26-2018, 02:01 PM
Thought he just mouthed off?

BayouDawg
11-26-2018, 02:30 PM
Thought he just mouthed off?

Popped off**

Political Hack
11-26-2018, 02:33 PM
He yelled what many consider to be a racial slur. It was an international incident and he got a 10 year extension for it.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2018, 02:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone had an update

Assaulted? C'mon, mayne. Are you saying that 300lb people who collide 50+ times a game were assaulted? And since when is "Thug" a racial slur. Are we really clutching our pearls over this? If so I didn't get the memo. Victimhood and fake outrage are not good looks for us, it's embarrassing, I would expect it from them.

Bully13
11-26-2018, 02:47 PM
Assaulted? C'mon, mayne. Are you saying that 300lb people who collide 50+ times a game were assaulted? And since when is "Thug" a racial slur. Are we really clutching our pearls over this? If so I didn't get the memo. Victimhood and fake outrage are not good looks for us, it's embarrassing, I would expect it from them.

Lighten up Francis. There's a lot more to it than whether or not an actual assault crime occurred as defined by criminal law.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2018, 02:55 PM
What's funny is that due to Corral being a part of the fight in the Egg Bowl, if Abram gets suspended then Corral has to as well. What's funny about that is that Ole Miss opens their season @Memphis next year & that is a toss up game next year for OM that could determine if OM goes 2-10 to 4-8.

If Corral misses the first half vs Memphis, that could very well be a loss.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 02:57 PM
What's funny is that due to Corral being a part of the fight in the Egg Bowl, if Abram gets suspended then Corral has to as well. What's funny about that is that Ole Miss opens their season @Memphis next year & that is a toss up game next year for OM that could determine if OM goes 2-10 to 4-8.

Mark it down, they will not beat Memphis next year.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Lighten up Francis. There's a lot more to it than whether or not an actual assault crime occurred as defined by criminal law.

Are you one of those slip-and-fall, "my neck, my back" people? What would Regan think?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnANmge5QWzfcMU/giphy.gif

Bully13
11-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Are you one of those slip-and-fall, "my neck, my back" people? What would Regan think?

PR, image, trolling shitbird & exposing shitbird hypocrisy. Work with me.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2018, 03:11 PM
"my neck, my back"=

I'm 99.9% sure it's his favorite song**

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/justdance/images/8/84/Khia_-_My_Neck%2C_My_Back_%28HQ_Dirty%29/revision/latest?cb=20151010183338

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2018, 03:12 PM
He's grand marshal for the Oxford Christmas parade and now has an unlimited charge account at rebel rags.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2018, 05:30 PM

If anyone is going to be suspended for the Bowl game we will know in a few days. If it is left up to the SEC they will not be.

According to this no one will.

http://www.secsports.com/article/25386268/sec-statement-ole-miss-msu-gamead-meet

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 06:22 PM

Play the game man, jeeze.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 06:23 PM

Interesting pattern.

msbulldog
11-26-2018, 06:43 PM

From the SEC statement:
"After reviewing the fight, the SEC office determined that four players should have been called for flagrant personal foul penalties, resulting in an immediate ejection. Those four players were wide receiver A.J. Brown and quarterback Matt Corral for Ole Miss and defensive backs Johnathan Abram and Jamal Peters for Mississippi State. Mississippi State's Cameron Dantzler and Ole Miss' C.J. Moore were misidentified and should not have been ejected."

"That said, the statement says that Brown, Corral, Abram and Peters will be subject to future suspension or punishment if the behaviors exhibited in the Egg Bowl brawl were to recur."

Outstanding since Mattie Corral is the only one back next year!

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 07:12 PM

..."lick my p**** and my crack".

ETA: Didn't see Beardo beat me to it.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2018, 07:18 PM
..."lick my p**** and my crack".

ETA: Didn't see Beardo beat me to it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Turfdawg67 again.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 07:45 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Turfdawg67 again.

It's a love fest, I tried to give you some as well! Great minds and all that stuff...

BeastMan
11-26-2018, 07:51 PM

When a 40 year old white dude calls young black guys “thugs” in the context of football players, it’s absolutely a racial slur. It’s not like we’re talking a DA talking about a convicted murderer during sentencing. It’s a dog whistle term, especially in that context.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2018, 08:16 PM
When a 40 year old white dude calls young black guys “thugs” in the context of football players, it’s absolutely a racial slur. It’s not like we’re talking a DA talking about a convicted murderer during sentencing. It’s a dog whistle term, especially in that context.

Well, we just won't agree on that. You can walk into any locker room in America and hear the N-word 15 times before you get your cleats laced up and you wanna white-knight over someone saying "thug"? OK.

ETA. Who is this "40 year old white dude"?

MagicDawg
11-26-2018, 08:17 PM
I'm a 40-something white guy and I use "thug" as much to describe violent white hoodlums or brick-throwing, fire-starting, sky-screaming street bullies/protesters as I do to describe any other demographic. I think it's pathetic that the word has been sort of artificially co-opted into a presumed "dog whistle" racial term. It feels suspiciously like the term has been intentionally re-interpreted as racially offensive for purposes of having something to shout about. Heck, I think of the mobster that shot Bruce Wayne's folks as a thug before anything else, and he was, in my mental image, a 40-something white guy.

But Hail State anyway.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2018, 08:23 PM
I can see this thread is going to end well....

TUSK
11-26-2018, 08:28 PM

Wait'll I wade in, buddy.....*****

nb4thelock

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2018, 08:29 PM

Devolving quickly.... Here's a giant cat carrying some Japanese guy to work.

https://media.giphy.com/media/MYXyprqumnZh6/giphy.gif

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 08:46 PM
I'm a 40-something white guy and I use "thug" as much to describe violent white hoodlums or brick-throwing, fire-starting, sky-screaming street bullies/protesters as I do to describe any other demographic. I think it's pathetic that the word has been sort of artificially co-opted into a presumed "dog whistle" racial term. It feels suspiciously like the term has been intentionally re-interpreted as racially offensive for purposes of having something to shout about. Heck, I think of the mobster that shot Bruce Wayne's folks as a thug before anything else, and he was, in my mental image, a 40-something white guy.

But Hail State anyway.

Agreed... geez. A "thug" is a classless, cheating low-life of a human being. White or black. And believe me, I'm usually on the other side of these arguments.

BeastMan
11-26-2018, 09:22 PM

But Hail State anyway.

Context matters. The word thug alone is not a racially charged word. When a 40 year old something athletic director runs up to a group of young black football players and calls them thugs for no real reason, it’s a dog whistle racially charged term. This isn’t hard.

BeastMan
11-26-2018, 09:28 PM
Well, we just won't agree on that. You can walk into any locker room in America and hear the N-word 15 times before you get your cleats laced up and you wanna white-knight over someone saying "thug"? OK.

ETA. Who is this "40 year old white dude"?

CONTEXT MATTERS. The 40 year old something white dude was OM associate athletic director Michael White. He had no business being on the field and interacting with our players while they were celebrating. The reason JoMo called him a “loudmouth ****ing AD” and the reason JoMo was so upset was because he called his kids thugs.

For you people that thinks context doesn’t matter, go to a HS game at a local public school with black players and yell at them that they are thugs from the stands. See how you’re recieved. This isn’t hard.

Mutt the Hoople
11-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Any development on Ole Miss Associate AD Assaulting Sissy-boy slapping our players?

Fixed it for you.

TUSK
11-26-2018, 09:37 PM
We oughta merge this thread with the Matt Corrall thread...

2 Birds, 1 Thread Move, ya know...

But it does beg the question... would it be inappropriate to call Aaron Hernadez a "thug", or would that require a dog whistle with a different pitch?

MagicDawg
11-26-2018, 09:44 PM
I agree that "it's not hard" to see what you're saying. :D I get what you're saying. I just disagree with the principle of embracing the redefinition of perfectly good terms without at least a little pushback, especially when such redefinitions are relegated to contexts that seemingly only apply when convenient. "Your words mean what I want them to imply that you meant, when it suits me to blame you for something, and otherwise those same words are fine when I approve, especially when I use them." Okay. I get it. It's not hard. It's not reasonable, either.

Where we agree is that I would have been happy with JoMo beating the guy's a$$ in equal amounts whether he had called them "hoodlums" or "thugs" or "rapscallions."

I will not address this tangent again. Sorry to all.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2018, 09:48 PM
would it be inappropriate to call Aaron Hernadez a "thug"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErpNQSFEFSg

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2018, 09:48 PM
would it be inappropriate to call Aaron Hernadez a "thug", or would that require a dog whistle with a different pitch?

A sato dog whistle?

TUSK
11-26-2018, 09:54 PM
A sato dog whistle?

Dayyyyyyuuuuuuuum... you got a 2 fer, there, ya intolerant 'neck.... PETA gonna protest you, too.

well crafted... +1

Bubb Rubb
11-26-2018, 09:59 PM
When a 40 year old white dude calls young black guys ?thugs? in the context of football players, it?s absolutely a racial slur. It?s not like we?re talking a DA talking about a convicted murderer during sentencing. It?s a dog whistle term, especially in that context.

I was calling Corral a thug. Does that mean I was throwing racial slurs? I mean, he's white, correct? I called him a thug because he was behaving like a thug. I just want to make sure I'm in the clear.

shoeless joe
11-26-2018, 10:00 PM
CONTEXT MATTERS. The 40 year old something white dude was OM associate athletic director Michael White. He had no business being on the field and interacting with our players while they were celebrating. The reason JoMo called him a “loudmouth ****ing AD” and the reason JoMo was so upset was because he called his kids thugs.

For you people that thinks context doesn’t matter, go to a HS game at a local public school with black players and yell at them that they are thugs from the stands. See how you’re recieved. This isn’t hard.

Exactly.

I'm the last person to yell about something being an offensive term but there's no doubt that the word thug is a racially charged term in regards to young black athletes in particular. Some of yalls reasoning of why it's not racist reminds me of Oxford highs former white AD and one of their white coaches telling an opposing team full of young black kids that they shouldn't be offended by opposing white players calling them the N word because "it doesn't mean what it used to". That whole town is a clown show.

Tbaen
11-26-2018, 10:23 PM
I know better to wade in to this, but I feel like I can further the conversation in a productive way. (Famous last words.)

I use the word thug just like a lot of you. The word is not inherently racist. When I use it I can be describing a person of any race. I only use it when I am describing truly thuggish behavior however--a school bully, a repeatedly abusive cop, a violent spouse, perhaps even an athlete who engages in cheap shots week after week (though no one comes to mind immediately here).

I never use it when describing the actions of a person who is doing something that makes me angry--like planting a flag on a field. I may call that person a jerk, a punk, an asshole, etc, but when one goes to "thug" for things that are not truly thuggish, it's almost always directed at a minority, and it is/has become over the years, a racist use of the term. It's certainly a dog whistle and I hope upon reflection a couple of you might come around on your thinking.

Example: I think certain of Ole Miss' players, one in particular is a jerk, a punk and an asshole, at least from what I know of him; I took much glee in the pisspoor team accomplishments he was part of the last 3 years, and I hope he never catches a pass in the NFL. He's no thug though.

In the spirit of Soggy Sweat, this is my stand. I will not waver.

TUSK
11-26-2018, 10:26 PM
I know better to wade in to this, but I feel like I can further the conversation in a productive way. (Famous last words.)

I use the word thug just like a lot of you. The word is not inherently racist. When I use it I can be describing a person of any race. I only use it when I am describing truly thuggish behavior however--a school bully, a repeatedly abusive cop, a violent spouse, perhaps even an athlete who engages in cheap shots week after week (though no one comes to mind immediately here).

I never use it when describing the actions of a person who is doing something that makes me angry--like planting a flag on a field. I may call that person a jerk, a punk, an asshole, etc, but when one goes to "thug" for things that are not truly thuggish, it's almost always directed at a minority, and it is/has become over the years, a racist use of the term. It's certainly a dog whistle and I hope upon reflection a couple of you might come around on your thinking.

Example: I think certain of Ole Miss' players, one in particular is a jerk, a punk and an asshole, at least from what I know of him; I took much glee in the pisspoor team accomplishments he was part of the last 3 years, and I hope he never catches a pass in the NFL. He's no thug though.

Yeppers... "context" shouldn't be the end-all-be all, either... "intent" is a bigger deal, IMO....

Mutt the Hoople
11-26-2018, 10:27 PM
MSU Potus say-
https://twitter.com/MSU_POTUS/status/1066000288346226688

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 10:29 PM

Hmmmm... I was with you, then thinking... whut? Then back on, then thinkin' ... this dude is AJ!! 17 AJ!!

BiscuitEater
11-26-2018, 10:40 PM
And since when is "Thug" a racial slur.

Think Sean Touhy lost his Ole Miss announcing gig when he called one of our players a 'thug'! Just saying!

Apparently, JoeMo didn't appreciate the comment about 'his players.'

Turfdawg67
11-26-2018, 10:54 PM
Of course! No one would... but again it's not a black and white issue! Seriously people...

TUSK
11-26-2018, 11:05 PM
Of course! No one would... but again it's not a black and white issue! Seriously people...

The way you phrased that was GOLD.... And true.

BeastMan
11-26-2018, 11:17 PM
But it does beg the question... would it be inappropriate to call Aaron Hernadez a "thug", or would that require a dog whistle with a different pitch?

Aaron Hernandez is the textbook definition of a thug because he?s a mass murderer. Again, this isn?t hard. It doesn?t take mental gymnastics.

TUSK
11-27-2018, 12:25 AM
Aaron Hernandez is the textbook definition of a thug because he?s a mass murderer. Again, this isn?t hard. It doesn?t take mental gymnastics.

Technically, he isn't... He was found not guilty of the double homicide, and his murder conviction was vacated. But I agree with you and say he's a thug regardless....

But, to your point, it's acceptable to refer to someone as a "thug" if their behavior warrants it, regardless of race, right?

BeastMan
11-27-2018, 09:50 AM
Technically, he isn't... He was found not guilty of the double homicide, and his murder conviction was vacated. But I agree with you and say he's a thug regardless....

But, to your point, it's acceptable to refer to someone as a "thug" if their behavior warrants it, regardless of race, right?

The literal definition is “a violent person, especially a criminal”. The context the Ole Miss AD used this term is absolutely racially charged. This isn’t hard. Did I say every use of the word thug is racially charged? No. Because it’s not. There are acceptable applicable uses of the word. We were given brains and discernment for exercises just like this.

BeastMan
11-27-2018, 10:01 AM
Nothing weirder than so many on this board white knighting for an Ole Miss AD but at the same time loving JoMo for going after him.

Dawgfan77
11-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Nothing weirder than so many on this board white knighting for an Ole Miss AD but at the same time loving JoMo for going after him.
We have some of the dumbest fans with an inferiority complex compared to them. I wished people understood this ain?t 1985. This is a little off topic but it really helps with this thread. We are slowly passing them by in athletics in enrollment and yes even stark Vegas is becoming better than Oxford. If anyone has an inferiority complex it should be OM and not MSU I could go on but it?s a mute point

Ari Gold
11-27-2018, 10:38 AM
You all do know that in that video when CJM says he was trying to defuse the situation and the big mouth ****ing AD was popping off , he was talking about Bjork..
the incident at midfield was with the Assoc AD ..

Now Everyone carry on..

BeardoMSU
11-27-2018, 10:42 AM
You all do know that in that video when CJM says he was trying to defuse the situation and the big mouth ****ing AD was popping off , he was talking about Bjork..

Now Everyone carry on..

What did Bjork supposedly say? I had assumed Joe's comments were directed to the associate AD since he's the one caught on video...

RiverCityDawg
11-27-2018, 11:06 AM

Now Everyone carry on..

Do you know that or are you just assuming because he said "AD" and not "Associate AD"? I could see him saying "AD" not meaning Bjork but meaning the other guy. Sort of like how you have THE AD and then several AD's on staff. I hope he was talking to Bjork.

Bully13
11-27-2018, 11:25 AM

Boom. Rep given. First of all, just too back up a sec, there's a HUGE difference between a black guy using the N-word ending in "a" vs a redneck using it typically ending in "er".

Would shitbird ass AD have used "thug" had it been Fitz and a group of white players trying to plant our flag or maybe would the word would have been maybe, just a guess, something along the lines of "assholes"?

The main point is this is one of the most Bush league unproffesional acts ever committed by a high ranking athletic administrator. Arguing over the definition of the word "thug " sidetracks from the main issue.
And yes , Hernandez is a thug, but a black football player just planting a MSU flag on shitbird field after drubbing their ass is not. Shitbird has an extra definition of "thug ". Any black MSU football player that has the audacity to celebrate on shitbird field. Shitbird players planting flags on "cow college " field and worse such as simulated canine urination are completely acceptable in shitbird land because of their superiority complex.

LC Dawg
11-27-2018, 11:59 AM
We have a lot of young black athletes at Mississippi State and we all enjoy watching them play their respective sports. If a word is offensive in respect to them maybe we could do a better job of trying to understand that. And I'm not talking about responding to their Twitter with words like fam and slime.

TUSK
11-27-2018, 01:14 PM
The literal definition is “a violent person, especially a criminal”. The context the Ole Miss AD used this term is absolutely racially charged. This isn’t hard. Did I say every use of the word thug is racially charged? No. Because it’s not. There are acceptable applicable uses of the word. We were given brains and discernment for exercises just like this.

I appreciate the clarification...

Pollodawg
11-27-2018, 01:32 PM
That can?t be. It?s never OM?s fault. It?s the SEC?s fault for not telling the NCAA to just let them cheat. Rebs, I know you lurk here, let?s discuss some things.

1.) MSU didn?t make you buy hookers and blow for recruits.
2.) State only did what the NCAA asked. Why would we want them mad at us?
3.) The SEC doesn?t owe you or any other team protection from your own 17ing stupidity.
4.) The nastiness came from you. Your players taunted our fans last season. Your players pissed in the end zone. Your players planted a rival flag at midfield. State retaliated in no way. How?s this our problem.
5.) You started the ?flipmas? crap.
6.) You make fun of a guy who?s been a model athlete and student since he got
To Starkville while having AN ACTUAL SEX OFFENDER on your squad.
7.) the NCAA didn?t pluck Leo and Kobe from the air. State was summoned by the NCAA, and we did what all schools are supposed to do: Complied. That?s why you?re screwed and we?re not.
8.) your silly little lawsuit will never see a courtroom.
9.) Need we go on?