PDA

View Full Version : I watched the Egg Bowl again ...

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 09:33 AM
yesterday. It's still fun! I swear looking at this board you would never know we took the Egg back just a few days ago. Some of y'all have lost all perspective when beating the crap out of the Confederates doesn't have you walking over the moon for at least a week.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Yes beating the sharts is sweet. But, aside from that, we dominated a team that was 1-7 in the conference, as we should have.

RiverCityDawg
11-26-2018, 09:49 AM
yesterday. It's still fun! I swear looking at this board you would never know we took the Egg back just a few days ago. Some of y'all have lost all perspective when beating the crap out of the Confederates doesn't have you walking over the moon for at least a week.

But didn't you hear, LSU got screwed (eh, not really) so we MIGHT not go to the bowl we thought and instead will be going to an equal level bowl!!! I need to have something to bitch about!!!1!!1!****

Tbonewannabe
11-26-2018, 09:50 AM
Yes beating the sharts is sweet. But, aside from that, we dominated a team that was 1-7 in the conference, as we should have.

UM still had a good offense that gave everyone problems and we did nothing but dominant it.

Todd4State
11-26-2018, 09:56 AM
I'm still enjoying it and will for awhile. Like I said I have it in my top three. I don't think I have ever seen us play a cleaner Egg Bowl from a football standpoint. And we did it on the road in a rivalry game.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 10:00 AM

I don't care if they hadn't won a game in 10 years. It's still beating Ole Miss.

thf24
11-26-2018, 10:11 AM
Main thing I got from my re-watch yesterday (besides general enjoyment); how do they get away with having such consistently shitty field conditions? It's been a commentary talking point in at least 2-3 other home games of theirs I watched this year, and while it wasn't mentioned explicitly Thursday night, players were constantly slipping trying to make cuts and it just looked like shit in general. I get that they recently (2-3 years ago) switched back to real grass and the ground doesn't recover from turf overnight, but come on. Whose responsibility is it to make sure NCAA D1 programs have playable fields that don't have a decent chance of hurting players?

NWADAWG
11-26-2018, 10:25 AM
I don't buy the takes time to recover stuff. I've seen schools remove sod completely at end of season and have a great turf again the next.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2018, 10:30 AM
I'm not suggesting how you should feel. They are a shit team who only beat Arkansas in conference. By all means puff your chest up.

I don't care if they hadn't won a game in 10 years. It's still beating Ole Miss.

thf24
11-26-2018, 10:35 AM
I don't buy the takes time to recover stuff. I've seen schools remove sod completely at end of season and have a great turf again the next.

Supposedly artificial turf compacts the ground to a high degree and it takes a while for it to recover for good grass conditions without massive excavation. But I don't buy that takes 2+ years for what should be an SEC quality grounds crew with respective resources.

shannondawg
11-26-2018, 10:51 AM
Haven't said much about the win, but have watched it 3 times, does that count?

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 11:09 AM
I'm not suggesting how you should feel. They are a shit team who only beat Arkansas in conference. By all means puff your chest up.

I certainly will. If you can't puff your chest up as a MSU fan after blasting Ole Miss then you are just in sad shape. Come on mane. Lighten up and enjoy things! You will feel better.

FriarsPoint
11-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Supposedly artificial turf compacts the ground to a high degree and it takes a while for it to recover for good grass conditions without massive excavation. But I don't buy that takes 2+ years for what should be an SEC quality grounds crew with respective resources.

A three pronged sub-soiler(also known as a boy dog because it?s a son of a bitch)and a big ass tractor will solve your compaction problem.

LC Dawg
11-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Our players and our coaching staff seemed focused on winning the game. That in itself was refreshing.

SailingDawg
11-26-2018, 01:06 PM

2017 still pisses me off!

DogsofAnarchy
11-26-2018, 01:08 PM

Just like his point, you’re missing the point, we didn’t just beat OM a 1-7 SEC Team, we beat our RIVAL!!! To death!!

Tbonewannabe
11-26-2018, 01:11 PM
2017 still pisses me off!

I am still pissed about 1997, 2014,2015, and 2017. Those are the primary ones that piss me off.

redstickdawg
11-26-2018, 01:11 PM
Our players and our coaching staff seemed focused on winning the game. That in itself was refreshing.

2017 it appeared that we came out timid from the start and only got fired up after they cheap shotted Fitz. That was a reflection on don's wandering eyes.

Bully13
11-26-2018, 01:43 PM
I sure as hell haven't deleted it. Watched it 3times times. May do so again.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 02:27 PM
I'm still enjoying it and will for awhile. Like I said I have it in my top three. I don't think I have ever seen us play a cleaner Egg Bowl from a football standpoint. And we did it on the road in a rivalry game.

Yeah I feel the same exact way. We were the aggressor and made them quit. We dominated them and beat them physically on both sides of the ball. And the cherry on the top was Joe in the post game! Don't tell me he's to laid back to win in the SEC!

Percho
11-26-2018, 03:42 PM
Stayed up until 1 this am watching it. Don't think i will delete it. May watch once a month til next year.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Stayed up until 1 this am watching it. Don't think i will delete it. May watch once a month til next year.

Same here!

Spiderman
11-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Main thing I got from my re-watch yesterday (besides general enjoyment); how do they get away with having such consistently shitty field conditions? It's been a commentary talking point in at least 2-3 other home games of theirs I watched this year, and while it wasn't mentioned explicitly Thursday night, players were constantly slipping trying to make cuts and it just looked like shit in general. I get that they recently (2-3 years ago) switched back to real grass and the ground doesn't recover from turf overnight, but come on. Whose responsibility is it to make sure NCAA D1 programs have playable fields that don't have a decent chance of hurting players?

Because they are too prideful to have us fix it. They went to turf a few years back because they couldn't grow grass. We offered help and they said no way. We fixed bama's a few years back. They had the same problem, used to be terrible

Commercecomet24
11-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Because they are too prideful to have us fix it. They went to turf a few years back because they couldn't grow grass. We offered help and they said no way. We fixed bama's a few years back. They had the same problem, used to be terrible

That field of theirs is an abomination. It looks like somebody painted a plowed dirt field green. It's beyond awful and they should be embarrassed!

yjnkdawg
11-26-2018, 07:20 PM
2017 it appeared that we came out timid from the start and only got fired up after they cheap shotted Fitz. That was a reflection on don's wandering eyes.

Yep! The coaches and the players weren't prepared and ready to play ....................Thanks DM***

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2018, 11:25 PM
UM still had a good offense that gave everyone problems and we did nothing but dominant it.

It didnt give everyone problems. It gave bad teams problems.

Im not discrediting the win tho I loved every second of it. We played well that was easily a game we couldve had trouble with under Mullen.

LC Dawg
11-26-2018, 11:38 PM
I'm rewatching for the first time right now. My most prevalent observations are that our dbs were phenomenal and also that Greg McElroy, who I've thought has been very fair to us, seemed like a big UM fan and had quite a few negative type remarks about us.
I may have said both these things in the game thread but I was drinking a lot and don't remember.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2018, 10:01 AM
I'm rewatching for the first time right now. My most prevalent observations are that our dbs were phenomenal and also that Greg McElroy, who I've thought has been very fair to us, seemed like a big UM fan and had quite a few negative type remarks about us.
I may have said both these things in the game thread but I was drinking a lot and don't remember.

I have normally liked him but he was definitely leaning towards UM on that game. He kept talking about Tua and Corrall like they were the next great NFL QB. I understand talking about the Nobody Was Open WRs because they are good but the QBs weren't that great.

Duckdog
11-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Greg is an ole piss humper

Coursesuper
11-27-2018, 10:38 AM

The turf guys up there are State guys now. The problem is the overseed, the same issues we had against Ark. Fields are wet to try to keep ryegrass perfect on what is basically a giant putting green. All this is done in order to have green turf in late November. I like what VT did with their turf for the VA vs VT game. No overseed just dormant turf grass. it played perfectly.

Bully13
11-27-2018, 03:49 PM

Wow. We offered to help and they tell us to 17 off. Whose the one with the childish, combative and toxic attitude?

TrapGame
11-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Wow. We offered to help and they tell us to 17 off. Whose the one with the childish, combative and toxic attitude?

Flagship.**

RocketDawg
11-27-2018, 05:37 PM
The turf guys up there are State guys now. The problem is the overseed, the same issues we had against Ark. Fields are wet to try to keep ryegrass perfect on what is basically a giant putting green. All this is done in order to have green turf in late November. I like what VT did with their turf for the VA vs VT game. No overseed just dormant turf grass. it played perfectly.

I believe we used to leave ours dormant too. Remember the Arkansas game in 2000? The field was an ugly, muddy mess, and we would have won if the FG attempt was on grass, not mud. I suspect the fact that virtually every game is on television, and high definition at that, impacted the decision to overseed and make things pretty. Rye is pretty slick, but it's probably better than dormant Bermuda by itself.

Bully13
11-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Memphis has way more class than shitbird. When Memphis' Bengal Tiger mascot needed medical attention, they sent him to Vegas and they were very grateful and we were more than willing to help. That's the way adults act.

Coursesuper
11-27-2018, 05:47 PM
I believe we used to leave ours dormant too. Remember the Arkansas game in 2000? The field was an ugly, muddy mess, and we would have won if the FG attempt was on grass, not mud. I suspect the fact that virtually every game is on television, and high definition at that, impacted the decision to overseed and make things pretty. Rye is pretty slick, but it's probably better than dormant Bermuda by itself.

We've rebuilt since then, went all the way down to sub grade, pulled out existing drainage and upsized all piping, put in a gravel layer and the put 12 inches basically sand on top of that. It drains. If it's not a rainy day the surface should play very well.

Bully13
11-28-2018, 08:34 AM
Rewatching shitbird opening drive. 2 long passes broken up by excellent coverage. ESPN says both times excellent throw wr just couldn't pull it down. No mention of the reason of actually why it went incomplete

Commercecomet24
11-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Rewatching shitbird opening drive. 2 long passes broken up by excellent coverage. ESPN says both times excellent throw wr just couldn't pull it down. No mention of the reason of actually why it went incomplete

This cannot be said enough. Our secondary played so well all year. The pass to lodge in the first quarter that Dantzler broke up, lodge actually pushed off Cams back, could've been OPI. In this game the unm receivers couldn't breathe because our DBs were all over them. And not once was aj covered by a lb nor did we turn the te loose deep down the middle of the field.

StateDawg44
11-28-2018, 11:36 AM
I also noticed that a lot of the historic/flashback replays that they would show coming back from commercial breaks favored OM for the most part. Can't recall even seeing one that they showed that we won. I probably missed one or two of those replays though.

msu15
11-28-2018, 11:46 AM
I also noticed that a lot of the historic/flashback replays that they would show coming back from commercial breaks favored OM for the most part. Can't recall even seeing one that they showed that we won. I probably missed one or two of those replays though.

They only showed 1, 2013. They showed 3 for them.

Bully13
11-28-2018, 11:55 AM
They only showed 1, 2013. They showed 3 for them.

ESPN and shitbird suck frog snot

DancingRabbit
11-28-2018, 11:59 AM

Both announcers pissed me off multiple times. What took the cake was when one of them started trying to equate Nick's injury last year to Ta'amu's pinkie finger this year.

I guess McElroy has never called an Egg Bowl but now we know his true colors.

Duckdog
11-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Im telling you McElroy is a Ole Miss gump. I can't listen to his morning show anymore because it's so obvious

thf24
11-28-2018, 12:53 PM
One thing that stood out to me about the commentary is that they talked multiple times about what Ole Miss needs to do going forward to "get back where they were" but never once mentioned anything about what we can expect in the future. It's not the first time we've been treated like the Washington Generals, where the other team is the story and we're just the meaningless opponent for them.

Bully13
11-28-2018, 02:22 PM
How many times did they mention how long its been since we gave up a TD?

OrlandoLundie
11-28-2018, 08:52 PM

I just watched the ESPN Spanish broadcast too. If you need a little wrinkle in it. (Despite 4 semesters of it at State, I don't speak a lick of Spanish.)