PDA

View Full Version : Dabo has a message for fans... "It's time for me to go"

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:50 PM
?I just want to win by one more point. If that ever gets to where that?s not enough, then it?s time for me to move on somewhere else. I ain?t never going to apologize for a 21-point win over a state rival, ever,? Swinney said. ?You people who suggest that it felt like a loss, y?all need to check yourself, too. I?ve been here 16 years. For all those people out there that want to complain about five wins in a row, winning by three touchdowns, man, that?s shameful. That?s a lack of respect for our program and a lack of respect for the effort that these players and coaches put in. I hope you write that.?

?If 12-0 ain?t good enough, it?s time to seek other places... When that?s not enough for some people it?s sad,? Swinney said. ?There?s been some articles pushed my way, some comments from people. Man, this program?s never going to be that way. I?m not going to stand for that. It?s too hard to win... These players work too hard. The goal is to win, period. That?s just the way it is. I don?t want to ever be a program, ever, that doesn?t appreciate winning. When you win by three touchdowns in a state championship, you got people who can?t appreciate that, man, that?s really sad. That?s really sad.?

?Just look around college football. There?s a lot of places out there that would love to have the program we have here,? Swinney said. ?I can assure you of that.?

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/latest-news/article222170225.html#storylink=cpy

I feel like we have some of these fans here.

We have a legit chance to get KB and you are complaining about it. A kid who made it to the playoffs despite the worst OL at Clemson in a long time. Sacked right at 30 times (compare that to this year) yet maintained a 66.8% completion ratio. And it's NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU and you can't even explain why.

Moorhead is damned if he does and DAMNED if he doesn't. We have to recruit better. Yet you don't want him to because of ... "well we have a guy who competes 46% and he's a baller... and he can throw it as good as the 67% guy".... then why hasn't he?

Just unreal logic!

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:55 PM
Dabo's comments are eerily similar to urban's after Florida beat tenn under Lane Kiffin in a close game. It was 2009, and urban left after 2010. Clemson fans better chill or end up like Florida post-urban

WildDawg
11-26-2018, 12:31 AM
Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/latest-news/article222170225.html#storylink=cpy

We have a legit chance to get KB and you are complaining about it. A kid who made it to the playoffs despite the worst OL at Clemson in a long time. Sacked right at 30 times (compare that to this year) yet maintained a 66.8% completion ratio. And it's NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU and you can't even explain why.

Moorhead is damned if he does and DAMNED if he doesn't. We have to recruit better. Yet you don't want him to because of ... "well we have a guy who competes 46% and he's a baller... and he can throw it as good as the 67% guy".... then why hasn't he?

Just unreal logic!
He can credit Saban (and the SEC office - especially the officiating department) for that destructive mindset in college football. I think there was even the possibility of a "tank" for the first half of the Citadel and maybe somewhat Auburn just to keep fans in their seats past halftime.

Dawg61
11-26-2018, 12:50 AM
He can credit Saban for that destructive mindset in college football.

This is exactly correct. It is the Saban virus. The Saban virus has gotten a dozen+ SEC coaches fired and now has spread into other conferences as well. It's creeping into other sports too. Someone just this week wanted Howland fired for losing by 4 points to a good ASU team in Las Vegas.

DeputyDawg94
11-26-2018, 01:10 AM
If he doesn’t like those comments then he sure doesn’t need to go to Bammer like most people think he will after Saban leaves. I would imagine Clemson fans are polite when compared to them after a loss.

Dawg61
11-26-2018, 01:14 AM
If he doesn’t like those comments then he sure doesn’t need to go to Bammer like most people think he will after Saban leaves. I would imagine Clemson fans are polite when compared to them after a loss.

Why is Dabo even reading internet comments. Hell Wreck It Ralph learned that lesson in just one day and that's not even real life like Clempsun foosball is.

QuadrupleOption
11-26-2018, 02:16 AM

Just unreal logic!

For the record, I'm always pretty happy with a winning season and bowl invite in football. I think some of these guys popping off on the boards currently, talking about how unacceptable losing 4 games is don't have any perspective.

Sienfield
11-26-2018, 07:26 AM
"Well, when he splits the atom I'll give him a break."

Matty Dispatch
11-26-2018, 07:43 AM
College football has evolved a lot. 30 years ago coaches and the media that covered them did not really have a good pulse of the fanbase. 15 years ago they could go to message boards to find it but that was a pretty underground group. Now anyone can send a message directly to a coach and/or the media that cover them.....which creates a really easy way to hear fan opinions and they do, quickly. So there's a much shorter leash with coaches. But the salaries are much higher because of the increased access fans now have and the money they ultimately give because of it. It goes both ways. You can't really expect modern fans, especially people under 40, to have the same temperament with these types of things as their parents do.

But really, this question was probably asked of Dabo, like, "what did you think of fans who weren't happy with the 20 point win over South Carolina?" and he responded to the question. He probably isn't reading internet comments. He's probably a master at blocking out the noise in his program and staying focused. Clemson fans still rushed the field. Most fans are still pretty rational.....and they prove it by not engaging in the instant reaction discussion where their judgment is clouded and they become a prisoner of the moment.

Bully13
11-26-2018, 08:46 AM
While I agree with his point, he could have elaborated less and not appear as butt hurt as he apparently is.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2018, 08:53 AM
College football has evolved a lot. 30 years ago coaches and the media that covered them did not really have a good pulse of the fanbase. 15 years ago they could go to message boards to find it but that was a pretty underground group. Now anyone can send a message directly to a coach and/or the media that cover them.....which creates a really easy way to hear fan opinions and they do, quickly. So there's a much shorter leash with coaches. But the salaries are much higher because of the increased access fans now have and the money they ultimately give because of it. It goes both ways. You can't really expect modern fans, especially people under 40, to have the same temperament with these types of things as their parents do.

But really, this question was probably asked of Dabo, like, "what did you think of fans who weren't happy with the 20 point win over South Carolina?" and he responded to the question. He probably isn't reading internet comments. He's probably a master at blocking out the noise in his program and staying focused. Clemson fans still rushed the field. Most fans are still pretty rational.....and they prove it by not engaging in the instant reaction discussion where their judgment is clouded and they become a prisoner of the moment.

In other words: I WANT it and I want it NOW. Don't make me work for it either.

Kingbarkus
11-26-2018, 09:54 AM
Dabo would be an unmitigated fool to go to Bama. As much as I hate Bama, I already feel bad for the coach that follows Sabin. Dabo has a virtual clear path to the playoffs every year at Clemson.

msstate7
11-26-2018, 09:57 AM
Dabo would be an unmitigated fool to go to Bama. As much as I hate Bama, I already feel bad for the coach that follows Sabin. Dabo has a virtual clear path to the playoffs every year at Clemson.

Clemson will never have the prestige of Bama. He's a bama guy. He'll go if he gets chance

Ari Gold
11-26-2018, 11:37 AM
This is exactly correct. It is the Saban virus. The Saban virus has gotten a dozen+ SEC coaches fired and now has spread into other conferences as well. It's creeping into other sports too. Someone just this week wanted Howland fired for losing by 4 points to a good ASU team in Las Vegas.

That’s exacatly why I said we have some Fans here with extremely low basketball IQ’s.

Lance Harbor
11-26-2018, 12:27 PM
Ask Clemson about that 67% accuracy. Also why there were so many sacks (slow going through reads) for a dual threat QB. But continue pushing the KB savior narrative.

Just unreal logic!