PDA

View Full Version : ESPN last week for Bowl Projections, MSU in Citrus or Music City

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2018, 07:01 PM
Last week prior to Championship games. Everyone pull for Oklahoma, Clemson, and Ohio St. If any of the 3 go down then either LSU or UF will get bumped out of the possibly NY6 games if Washington St is still in the NY6. Washington St losing to Washington caused the automatic NY6 bid to open up for Utah vs Washington winner. We need no other upsets in the championship games to have a chance for Bama, UGA, UF, and LSU to make the bigger bowls.

So with the playoff poll still yet to come out, the AP and Coaches have MSU above A&M and Mizzou. Both of those are also 8-4 overall with A&M actually having one game better in the SEC.

ESPN predictions

Bama - Playoff
UGA - Sugar
UF - Peach
LSU - Fiesta or Citrus (this would be if the SEC only gets 3 in NY6/Playoff)
MSU - Citrus or Music City
UK - Outback
Mizzou - Gator or Music City
Vandy - Gator or Birmingham (if LSU drops to Citrus)
A&M - Liberty or Texas
Auburn - Belk or Texas
South Carolina - Liberty or Belk

Prediction for Citrus shows us vs Northwestern and oddly enough LSU vs Penn St is the other prediction

Both predictions for UK in the Outback. UK hasn't been in the Outback since 1998 season.

A&M winning doesn't show it really affecting their bowl selection. It will be interesting to see if A&M doesn't get a bowl game in Florida since they said on the game yesterday that they hadn't been to a Florida bowl in since 1957 Gator Bowl.

I believe now it is pretty much how much selling our school can do. Being the top defense in the country plus having the all time rushing QB in the SEC might be a good selling point. Also with the Citrus and Outback, it has the angle of JoeMo against the Big Ten. I am not sure how much either of those affect the bowl selection but I guess we will find out in a week.

Rule out Birmingham or Independence for MSU. We won't drop that far no matter what.

I doubt the Belk. It just doesn't seem to be very much interest there especially with SCe having never been there.

I doubt Gator for the frequency we have been there.

It seems like all the rest are open.

Music City - good drivable distance for our fans along with us only being there once before.

Liberty - this would probably be the biggest attendance for the bowl game and we haven't been there since 2013.

Texas - We would be the closest distance wise outside of A&M or LSU. We also have never been there.

Outback - We have never been there and would have the Big Ten match up angle.

Citrus - Same as Outback.

No BS Dawg
11-25-2018, 07:54 PM
I could see a push being made for PSU against MSU in the Citrus or Outback. Both teams travel well and you the coaching matchup that would be a headliner. I could go for that.

Pit Bull
11-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Remember, it's not about records, ranking, etc any more. It's only about whether the bowl wants you or somebody else. If a bowl doesn't want us, there is nothing the IB, Conference office, or our fans can do about it. Not one single thing.

Gutter Cobreh
11-25-2018, 08:44 PM
I could see a push being made for PSU against MSU in the Citrus or Outback. Both teams travel well and you the coaching matchup that would be a headliner. I could go for that.

This in spades. A bowl will want a Franklin vs Moorhead matchup. For all the Moorhead bashers, his ties to the Big10 will work in our favor. If it isn't the Citrus, it'll be the Outback.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 08:50 PM
This in spades. A bowl will want a Franklin vs Moorhead matchup. For all the Moorhead bashers, his ties to the Big10 will work in our favor. If it isn't the Citrus, it'll be the Outback.

Penn state is being considered for NY6. Michigan will most likely be NY6. Ohio st will be NY6 or playoff. The farthest I see penn state slipping is the citrus

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2018, 09:17 PM
Penn state is being considered for NY6. Michigan will most likely be NY6. Ohio st will be NY6 or playoff. The farthest I see penn state slipping is the citrus

Penn State will be the Citrus Big Ten opponent as long as the committee doesn't drop LSU behind Penn St. They were #12 in the rankings with Michigan #4, LSU #7, and Washington St. #8 all losing. Penn St is 9-3 along with LSU and UF. Penn St has losses to Ohio St, Michigan, and Michigan St (7-5). I don't see how Penn St would jump UF so you shouldn't worry about that. Now you compare Penn St to LSU.

Penn St best win is over Iowa who is no longer ranked but was #18 at the time. Worst loss is to Michigan St (21-17) who wasn't ranked and is still not ranked. They lost a close one by one point to Ohio St back when they were struggling and was blown out 42-7 by Michigan.

LSU best win is a beat down of UGA. Worst loss is to #22 A&M in 7 OTs at A&M. Also lost to UF who was #22 at the time but is now #11 (27-19). Played Bama about as close as anyone else has (29-0), A&M lost by 22, and we lost by 17* (I count the TD, those refs can suck my D$%k).

LSU also put a beat down on Miami who was #8 at the time and ended up 7-5 which is about equal to Penn St best win. I don't think the committee drops LSU past Penn St.

I also don't see the committee dropping Michigan or Wash St down to the point that Penn St goes into the NY6 over them.

Pray that Oklahoma, Clemson, and Ohio St take care of business because each time one of them loses, another team gets bumped out. If 2 loses then LSU and UF get bumped back into Citrus and Outback.

Edited: Forgot to add that Penn St was #12 but the top 11 are the only ones going to the upper tier bowls since the winner of Washington vs Utah will go automatically as the Pac 12 representative which causes Wash St to take up an at large bid.