PDA

View Full Version : Alabama football game back judge

bulldawg28
11-25-2018, 02:31 PM
I spoke with an official today that informed me the back judge was suspended for two games and potentially finished for his career.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 02:35 PM
I spoke with an official today that informed me the back judge was suspended for two games and potentially finished for his career.

Maybe that explains why Bama got 15 yd auto first down penalties against them yesterday for 1st time in like the last 3, 4 or 5 years. And a targeting call at that (of course the AU player probably lucky his neck wasn't broken on that one; so it was really obvious since he didn't just bounce back up).

VandelayIndustries
11-25-2018, 03:06 PM

Good

WinningIsRelentless
11-25-2018, 03:13 PM
The guy worked last weekend.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 03:21 PM
The guy worked last weekend.

No he didn't. He was listed as being on the crew at Auburn, until Auburn figured out he wasn't there.

starkvegasdawg
11-25-2018, 03:36 PM

I'm sure he'll be well taken care of for his years of allegiance to row tahd.

Mobile Bay
11-25-2018, 03:57 PM
I'm sure he'll be well taken care of for his years of allegiance to row tahd.

A cushy job at Bryant bank no doubt.

RocketDawg
11-25-2018, 04:03 PM
A cushy job at Bryant bank no doubt.

Different guy, but I suppose his buddy at the bank could hire him.

maroonmania
11-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Same thing should have happened to Skelton last year. I'm not sure what's worse, calling something in Bama's favor that you couldn't see or refusing to call something against Bama that you saw plain as day? Last year's bad call actually had a bigger impact on the game's outcome than this year's bad call.

Political Hack
11-25-2018, 06:42 PM
No announcement or anything? Seems like they'd at least publicize that they've taken steps to rectify the situation but not say what... just to avoid embarrassing the guy.

RocketDawg
11-25-2018, 07:02 PM
No announcement or anything? Seems like they'd at least publicize that they've taken steps to rectify the situation but not say what... just to avoid embarrassing the guy.

Also got to remember that they could have picked up that flag based on input from the other officials. But they didn't.

bulldawg28
11-25-2018, 07:43 PM

It appears they'd rather do this privately rather than admitting fault.

redstickdawg
11-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Also got to remember that they could have picked up that flag based on input from the other officials. But they didn't.

A reason that the umpire must attend post game presser and defend the calls, hell the schools make 18 year old kids do it and they are not getting paid. An Sec ref can make $1500- 5000 for a game, they must become accountable and Shaw and the REC aint doing it.