PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Bryant

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:09 AM
North Carolina fired fedora. Gotta figure they're out. How's the auburn visit going?

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 11:38 AM
I doubt he goes to Auburn. It’s either us or Missouri.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 12:32 PM
I doubt he goes to Auburn. It’s either us or Missouri.

$$$$

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Speaking of Missouri... there wasn’t 10k at their game vs Arkansas......

civildawg
11-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Did you see the monsoon that was coming down during it?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Yes I did, but when we played up there with Dak in a monsoon, there was at least 25K

Dawgfan77
11-25-2018, 12:51 PM
North Carolina fired fedora. Gotta figure they're out. How's the auburn visit going?

He doesn?t visit til next week.
My sources say we locked him up last weekend but all of the sudden AU made a play and got him to cancel the Miami visit. Slightly better chance we land him than AU but deep is not backing down that we get him. Apparently KB digs joe

NCDawg
11-25-2018, 12:59 PM
My sources say we locked him up last weekend but all of the sudden AU made a play and got him to cancel the Miami visit. Slightly better chance we land him than AU but deep is not backing down that we get him. Apparently KB digs joe

Sounds like another shades of Cam Newton deal to me.

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 01:08 PM

Gus will ruin him. My understanding is that Bryant is a "willing runner" as Dan would say, but he's not a running quarterback. Gus's offense tends to fall apart without that.

Dawgfan77
11-25-2018, 01:09 PM
I?m not ready to go that far but it?s always concerning when they somehow jump up and get his last official. Difference is he is not a HS or JUCO kid.
I was told he hit it off with the team and esp the recruits we had on campus. I posted what I heard last week and my sources aren?t backing down. We also have an in home with him before he heads to AU.

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 01:18 PM
We will have an inhome visit with him tonight

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:18 PM
So, mizzou, auburn, us?

Dawgfan77
11-25-2018, 01:21 PM
So, mizzou, auburn, us?
Mizzou is out

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:24 PM
OT, but transfers...

what is hurts gonna do?

Will fine follow littrell to Texas tech if they do hire him?

If I'm auburn, hurts is the one I really covet

Commercecomet24
11-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Gus will ruin him. My understanding is that Bryant is a "willing runner" as Dan would say, but he's not a running quarterback. Gus's offense tends to fall apart without that.

This is correct. Kelly will run but he doesn't want to be carrying it 15-20 times a game like gus needs. Much better fit for Joes offense .

defiantdog
11-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Joey Gatewood will be Auburn's qb next year. Bryant wants to play, not compete.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:38 PM

This is not what I wanna do... promise the starting job

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:43 PM

Don't agree. Sets a bad precedent too. Tell him odds are he'll start maybe, but don't promise it to him. Plus, one thing I believe as of now about Moorhead is he tries to be a man of his word. I'm sure he regrets the "ring size" and "heisman" statements.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Me personally I dont see why we should get super excited if we do get him, and why we should be bummed if we dont.

KT is basically Kelly Bryant anyway and he has been in the offense longer than he has. And if KB comes it worries me that KT might leave and I dont want that bc that likely means Whop is gone with him

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Don't agree. Sets a bad precedent too. Tell him odds are he'll start maybe, but don't promise it to him. Plus, one thing I believe as of now about Moorhead is he tries to be a man of his word. I'm sure he regrets the "ring size" and "heisman" statements.

You misread me. I don't wanna promise him thd job. Hell, I don't care if we get him

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:50 PM
You misread me. I don't wanna promise him thd job. Hell, I don't care if we get him

Gotcha. I want to get him just to have options between more QBs. But ain't gonna lose sleep over it if we don't.

ShotgunDawg
Me personally I dont see why we should get super excited if we do get him, and why we should be bummed if we dont.

KT is basically Kelly Bryant anyway and he has been in the offense longer than he has. And if KB comes it worries me that KT might leave and I dont want that bc that likely means Whop is gone with him

I wasn't aware that KT had led his team to a playoff

I get what your saying, but, if they are basically the same person, who would you hire at your company? The guy that has done very little or the guy that led his team almost to the top of the mountain & displayed quality leadership, execution, intelligence, & competency in doing so.

Seems pretty obvious to me. Plus it allows KT to red shirt.

RougeDawg

My source said the parents also loved Joe. Guess we will see whether or not Yellow Wood makes a donation to a local church in KB?s hometown

Jarius
11-25-2018, 01:51 PM

We don’t have to promise him anything. He’s better than anyone we have and he knows it. It is the entire reason we are going after the guy.

Lord McBuckethead
11-25-2018, 01:53 PM
If Bryant comes, it will allow KT to play 4 and redshirt. Mayden can ve the backup as a freshman. Shrader can redshirt.

KT would have two years to start after 2 years experience in the offense. Mayden and Shrader to fight it out to start their Sophemore year. Everyone gets time to learn the offense before their opportunity to start. Everything falls into place.

msstate7

I get what your saying, but, if they are basically the same person, who would you hire at your company? The guy that has done very little or the guy that led his team almost to the top of the mountain & displayed quality leadership, execution, intelligence, & competency in doing so.

I've decided to just trust joe on this, but there's no chance key sticks around if KB comes imo.

Also, Clemson has been (well Saturday night) to 3 straight playoff appearances under 3 different qbs. Bryant led Clemson to the playoffs in the same way Blake sims, Coker, and hurts led bama there

Cooterpoot
Yeah, why people don’t realize our coaches know something and so do the players helping recruit Bryant. If we were good at QB next year we wouldn’t be wasting our time on this.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:55 PM
I've decided to just trust joe on this, but there's no chance key sticks around if KB comes imo.

Also, Clemson has been (well Saturday night) to 3 straight playoff appearances under 3 different qbs. Bryant led Clemson to the playoffs in the same way Blake sims, Coker, and hurts led bama there

I agree on Joe but not sure on Key.

And what are you talking about?? Sims, Coker, and Hurts are great QBs ******

Cooterpoot
11-25-2018, 01:56 PM
What if KT has already told our coaches he’s leaving because he wasn’t happy with the new offense? Or that he just liked Mullen? We don’t know. But something is up.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:57 PM
What if KT has already told our coaches he’s leaving because he wasn’t happy with the new offense? Or that he just liked Mullen? We don’t know. But something is up.

That would explain this.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 02:01 PM

You are out of touch if you think a kid who has started games for us and won them is going to redshirt for a transfer to start. KT will probably transfer if KB comes.

They are the same guy skill wise and we dont gain a whole lot by getting KB. KB looked a helluva lot like Fitzgerald vs Bama last year. He made the playoff on a weak conferences best team.

maroonmania
11-25-2018, 02:08 PM

We won't have to because if KB comes I'll be shocked if KT stays. Its probably an either or and not both. In fact, if JoMo was sold on KT why would he even be after KB to start with?

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 02:12 PM
You are out of touch if you think a kid who has started games for us and won them is going to redshirt for a transfer to start. KT will probably transfer if KB comes.

They are the same guy skill wise and we dont gain a whole lot by getting KB. KB looked a helluva lot like Fitzgerald vs Bama last year. He made the playoff on a weak conferences best team.

Guess I'm out of touch. Sorry

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Guess I'm out of touch. Sorry

Since you wanna compare everything to running a company or real life jobs, put yourself in his shoes. Say you have sat behind and filled in at times for a guy at your job and done fairly well, then finally that guy leaves and its your time to fully get the chance and all of a sudden your boss says nah we want someone else.

You would probably find a new job too. Plus this is a 20 year old. If he leaves then you can bet Devonta Jason is gone and so is alot of our goodwill with their HS in Louisiana.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 02:19 PM
We are dealing with real kids Gun not analytics or numbers. Im not trying to bash you but I just dont see the real gain for us if we get KB.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong and come in here and light it up but his numbers in 1 full year as a starter and a few games this year werent very good. Probably not as good as KTs tbh

Leroy Jenkins
11-25-2018, 02:20 PM

Again I ask. What does KT gain by transferring? By the time he sits out his transfer year KB will be gone.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-25-2018, 02:20 PM
If Bryant comes, it will allow KT to play 4 and redshirt. Mayden can ve the backup as a freshman. Shrader can redshirt.

KT would have two years to start after 2 years experience in the offense. Mayden and Shrader to fight it out to start their Sophemore year. Everyone gets time to learn the offense before their opportunity to start. Everything falls into place.

So if KB comes, Mayden is supposed to be A-OK with being essentially part of a 2 QB class? KT is supposed to be A-OK with waiting till his FOURTH YEAR IN COLLEGE to have a shot at starting, all while having 2 4* QBs breathing down his neck that can surpass him? Mayden would surely feel that his odds are way down, between having to beat out an older guy and a higher ceiling guy that the fits the system better. KT has already been as patient as you can expect, and very few will be willing to completely sit out their 3rd year in favor of a transfer.

One of Mayden/KT might stay, but it's really hard to imagine both being OK being essentially told "You're not good enough yet, so we're bringing in a 1 year stopgap. After that you 2 will fight it out, also a very talented 4* with a higher ceiling who I personally chose for this system will have had a year to learn it and he'll be competing with you too" and them both being cool with it. KT could start at P5 teams. Mayden could face less competition of P5 teams, and start at G5 ones. But staying = less than 40% chance you'll ever start here, and if you do it'll take just as long as if you go ahead and transfer

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 02:22 PM
Again I ask. What does KT gain by transferring? By the time he sits out his transfer year KB will be gone.

A chance to go somewhere and immediately get a chance to start for one.

It doesnt matter what he gains you look at it from his perspective he gains telling us to suck it bc we picked another guy who hasnt won a game for us and is pretty much the same skill set as his.

Lance Harbor
11-25-2018, 02:24 PM
No KB is not.

We don’t have to promise him anything. He’s better than anyone we have and he knows it. It is the entire reason we are going after the guy.

Leroy Jenkins
11-25-2018, 02:29 PM
A chance to go somewhere and immediately get a chance to start for one.

It doesnt matter what he gains you look at it from his perspective he gains telling us to suck it bc we picked another guy who hasnt won a game for us and is pretty much the same skill set as his.

But he can't go somewhere else and start. He's not a grad transfer. Would have to sit a year or transfer down a division.

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Since you wanna compare everything to running a company or real life jobs, put yourself in his shoes. Say you have sat behind and filled in at times for a guy at your job and done fairly well, then finally that guy leaves and its your time to fully get the chance and all of a sudden your boss says nah we want someone else.

You would probably find a new job too. Plus this is a 20 year old. If he leaves then you can bet Devonta Jason is gone and so is alot of our goodwill with their HS in Louisiana.

Cam Dantzler probably would have something to say on that since he's a LA kid and will probably be a contender for the Thorpe award next year and I don't think he's leaving. I also think Stephen Guidry might have something to say about that. I also would love to know why everyone thinks its a foregone conclusion that Jason transfers if Key leaves.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 02:31 PM
But he can't go somewhere else and start. He's not a grad transfer. Would have to sit a year or transfer down a division.

Use transfer year as RS and have 2 years to play 2

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 02:35 PM

It's JoMo's job to worry about winning games. Not to be concerned about whether KT likes him. JoMo may think Shrader is better anyway, at which point, KT is expendable.

It's a cut throat bidness. Just have to trust JoMo as none of us have any real info

Leroy Jenkins
11-25-2018, 02:35 PM

Which is exactly the same position he would be in here when KB leaves.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 02:37 PM

He could RS at MSU next year, compete for the starting QB job in Spring 2020 and then transfer if he doesn't win it. That's realistically his best option.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 02:40 PM
He could RS at MSU next year, compete for the starting QB job in Spring 2020 and then transfer if he doesn't win it. That's realistically his best option.

Best from your prospective. He'll be a junior next season playing for a coach he didn't sign with and that coach is actively recruiting someone to replace him next season. The future qb is committed and will be signed soon. The writing is on the wall. Key could transfer where wanted, learn the system in RS year, and potentially start 2 years at new school

maroonmania
11-25-2018, 02:46 PM

Not if JoMo doesn't think he can perform at a high level in his system. And if Coach did think he was a fit I'm not sure why we are pushing for KB?

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 02:52 PM
This really is a dumb as hell debate that has broken out based off Msstate7’s initial question. Gary Danielson/Brad Nessler had this debate when they talked about Grad Transfer QBs and that every team a grad transfer QB went to this year out performed what they were predicted to do. They even talked about Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts. I will say this. I don’t want to have to play against Kelly Bryant at Auburn or Arkansas. I’d much rather us get him. And I will say this. If Mullen didn’t teach Fitz how to read a defense he sure as shit didn’t teach KT. You have to know how to read a defense and I guarantee you KB can do that much better then KT can. I’m thinking we get him because Moorhead offers him an opportunity in our offense to really shore up his weaknesses and he can learn in an offense that best fits his skills.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 02:59 PM
Not if JoMo doesn't think he can perform at a high level in his system. And if Coach did think he was a fit I'm not sure why we are pushing for KB?

If JoMo feels this way, then why would we care if he transfers?

BulldogDX55
11-25-2018, 03:00 PM
Can we decide if we're pissed off at Mullen for always playing folks who'd been around the longest or if we're pissed about Moorhead for trying to bring in guys who'll better the program immediately?

HereComesTheSpiral
11-25-2018, 03:00 PM
Cam Dantzler probably would have something to say on that since he's a LA kid and will probably be a contender for the Thorpe award next year and I don't think he's leaving. I also think Stephen Guidry might have something to say about that. I also would love to know why everyone thinks its a foregone conclusion that Jason transfers if Key leaves.

I thought I read on here that Lamar Peters was a bigger reason we got Jason.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Getting a grad transfer would allow KT to redshirt and start two years which would probably be the best thing for him and the year. And Shrader beating out KT is not a foregone conclusion because I'm sure Moorhead is going to want to develop Shrader as well.

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 03:07 PM
Getting a grad transfer would allow KT to redshirt and start two years which would probably be the best thing for him and the year. And Shrader beating out KT is not a foregone conclusion because I'm sure Moorhead is going to want to develop Shrader as well.

Yes, that would make logical sense.

justwin
11-25-2018, 03:09 PM

except they are not the same person. KT is better. Throws a better deep ball, dynamic runner, throws a catchable ball, incredible HS credentials. I don't know how smart KB is, but I do know b/c I've seen that KT keeps his eyes down field and goes through progressions. Plus, KT plays chess. KB had pedestrian stats last year as the starter in a weaker conference. He was shut down badly by both Auburn & Bama last year & again by TXAM this year. I've seen all I need to see from KB vs the SEC West. It's out there on film.

I'd say the only drive that KT got at Arkansas solidified it for me. Had Joe not benched KT game 2 and let him play it out with KT keeping snaps and 1H drives if built in the gameplan, we would be at worst 10-2 right now. Yep, that's right. 10-2 at worst. KT earned the right for playing time after being SEC POTW 1. Back to that ark drive, KT threw an out route with zip to the far hash, got a soft screen into the hands of the TE despite getting hit, and finally threw a arching, in bounds giving his WR a chance resulting in a TD. Not to mention the acrobatic and swift running he did.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 03:11 PM
except they are not the same person. KT is better. Throws a better deep ball, dynamic runner, throws a catchable ball, incredible HS credentials. I don't know how smart KB is, but I do know b/c I've seen that KT keeps his eyes down field and goes through progressions. Plus, KT plays chess. KB had pedestrian stats last year as the starter in a weaker conference. He was shut down badly by both Auburn & Bama last year & again by TXAM this year. I've seen all I need to see from KB vs the SEC West. It's out there on film.

I'd say the only drive that KT got at Arkansas solidified it for me. Had Joe not benched KT game 2 and let him play it out with KT keeping snaps and 1H drives if built in the gameplan, we would be at worst 10-2 right now. Yep, that's right. 10-2 at worst. KT earned the right for playing time after being SEC POTW 1. Back to that ark drive, KT threw an out route with zip to the far hash, got a soft screen into the hands of the TE despite getting hit, and finally threw a arching, in bounds giving his WR a chance resulting in a TD. Not to mention the acrobatic and swift running he did.

You may be completely right, but you're relying on an awful lot of opinion here & very little fact

maroonmania
11-25-2018, 03:22 PM
If JoMo feels this way, then why would we care if he transfers?

I guess we wouldn't. My only point was it seemed you were concerned that we might be promising KB the job, but if KT transfers as I think he probably will if KB comes on board then KB will pretty much have the job by default because there will be no competition between the two. KT might decide he really wants to stay but I don't think we can expect that.

TrapGame
11-25-2018, 03:23 PM
This really is a dumb as hell debate that has broken out based off Msstate7’s initial question. Gary Danielson/Brad Nessler had this debate when they talked about Grad Transfer QBs and that every team a grad transfer QB went to this year out performed what they were predicted to do. They even talked about Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts. I will say this. I don’t want to have to play against Kelly Bryant at Auburn or Arkansas. I’d much rather us get him. And I will say this. If Mullen didn’t teach Fitz how to read a defense he sure as shit didn’t teach KT. You have to know how to read a defense and I guarantee you KB can do that much better then KT can. I’m thinking we get him because Moorhead offers him an opportunity in our offense to really shore up his weaknesses and he can learn in an offense that best fits his skills.

And listening to the EB announcers Fitz didn't really start going through multiple progressions or reading defenses until Joe got here. I'm sure Joe thought Dan taught him far more than he did.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-25-2018, 03:46 PM

Well in that case we're out because that is what Moorhead has offered him. A chance to compete for starting job.

shoeless joe
11-25-2018, 03:49 PM
I just can't be excited about a kid that quit on his team the second he faced a little adversity.

Coach007
11-25-2018, 03:57 PM

His visit isn't happening right now. Its mid week

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 04:00 PM

Wait...How did you get Auburn and TAM shut him down badly? 65% 181 yards and 70% 205 yards 1 TD 0 INT’s was not being shut down badly. Misrepresentation of those games. In fact Clemson only had 96 yards rushing vs Auburn on 36 attempts, the passing is what kept them in the game. Everybody keeps leaving off a weak SEC team as well where they throw for nearly 300 yards last year.

Coach007
11-25-2018, 04:07 PM
I just can't be excited about a kid that quit on his team the second he faced a little adversity.

I see... so you thought he should sit on the bench and waste what should be a career in the NFL. Kinda selfish don't you think

msstate7
11-25-2018, 04:09 PM
I see... so you thought he should sit on the bench and waste what should be a career in the NFL. Kinda selfish don't you think

Not saying what he should or shouldn't do, but he could've RS'd

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2018, 04:09 PM
As of today even if we get Bryant, KT is staying. Of course that can always change but he has no plans to leave right now.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2018, 04:11 PM

& been a distraction to the team? He wouldn't be the starter at Clemson next year either so why would he stay?

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 04:11 PM

But then still stay on the same team where he already got beat out? That doesn't make any sense.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 04:14 PM
& been a distraction to the team? He wouldn't be the starter at Clemson next year either so why would he stay?

Stay till the end of the year. Maybe Lawrence gets hurt, and you help your team. If Lawrence stays upright, you leave at the end of the season

msstate7
11-25-2018, 04:17 PM

Is hurts hurting bama by being a distraction?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Is hurts hurting bama by being a distraction?

Hurts isn't RS. What's the similarities?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Stay till the end of the year. Maybe Lawrence gets hurt, and you help your team. If Lawrence stays upright, you leave at the end of the season

So if Lawrence stays healthy how in to it is a kid going to be he already said he's RS? Just doesn't seem logical & doubt any coach would want a kid who's plan is to leave & doesn't want to play the rest of the season. If he was a Jr your plan would make more sense.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Hurts isn't RS. What's the similarities?

I just don't see what the distraction would be. "Hey team, I'm here if you need me." Dabo and team, "get lost... you're a distraction"

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 04:28 PM
It's JoMo's job to worry about winning games. Not to be concerned about whether KT likes him. JoMo may think Shrader is better anyway, at which point, KT is expendable.

It's a cut throat bidness. Just have to trust JoMo as none of us have any real info

Im not saying he has to care whether or not KT likes him, I dont expect him too but it is his job to win games and keeping KT would go a long way to doing that.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 04:29 PM

Fair points but Jason and KT did play together and that was a big reason we got Jason

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2018, 04:29 PM
I just don't see what the distraction would be. "Hey team, I'm here if you need me." Dabo and team, "get lost... you're a distraction"

Hey team I'm here if you need me but only if it's a bad injury like 3-4 games because of it's not a major injury I'm not burning my RS. Yea that sounds like something a coaching staff wants to deal with.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 04:34 PM
Wait...How did you get Auburn and TAM shut him down badly? 65% 181 yards and 70% 205 yards 1 TD 0 INT’s was not being shut down badly. Misrepresentation of those games. In fact Clemson only had 96 yards rushing vs Auburn on 36 attempts, the passing is what kept them in the game. Everybody keeps leaving off a weak SEC team as well where they throw for nearly 300 yards last year.

Yea but those arent numbers worth losing KT over. He couldve done that vs those defenses...

Our goal is to get to ATL, I dont see how bringing in KB makes that big of a difference for us. If we get him and hes great, GREAT. If we dont get him I will be fine with KT. He has earned it

BhamDawg205
11-25-2018, 04:35 PM

Don't down KB*** He's gonna get us to the CFP

Ifyouonlyknew
11-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Yea but those arent numbers worth losing KT over. He couldve done that vs those defenses...

Our goal is to get to ATL, I dont see how bringing in KB makes that big of a difference for us. If we get him and hes great, GREAT. If we dont get him I will be fine with KT. He has earned it

There's no tangible evidence we lose KT.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 04:38 PM

He had Dabo's blessing to leave and his teammates at Clemson think very highly of him still.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 04:39 PM

Common sense tells me he will prolly be gone but hey maybe not. If we get KB and keep KT then thats just a win win for us.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 04:45 PM

Except that KT hasn't at any point in his career.

I think KB would help us out more in the long term in getting our QB depth chart in a better position because it sets us up to have a senior next year, followed by KT for two years and then follow that up with Shrader for 2-3 years. If we don't get KB it will be KT for two years and then we will be forced to start Shrader for three.

I just think that KT needs to redshirt. I felt like that from the very start when Dan was still here- although I absolutely understand why he didn't and wouldn't have anyway with the hindsight of knowing that Nick was injured. In hindsight we should have gotten Minchew off of the transfer wire too- but again that's just hindsight. Minchew could have filled in for Nick after he got hurt, allowed to redshirt KT and I think he would have beat out Fitz- or pushed him to master the offense quicker. It also could have opened up the possibility of using a medical redshirt for Nick as well.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 04:47 PM
Common sense tells me he will prolly be gone but hey maybe not. If we get KB and keep KT then thats just a win win for us.

You're assuming that KT is completely selfish. And there is no tangible evidence of that. The rumor is he is staying.

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 05:01 PM

I don?t have a problem with KT but I also don?t see that he would have necessarily put up those numbers. Especially against last year Auburn?s defense, that I don?t agree with at all. The simple fact is we don?t have evidence of what KT will do against a defense with a pulse. And we don?t have any evidence at this time that bringing in a transfer means he leaves

chef dixon
11-25-2018, 05:03 PM
I don?t have a problem with KT but I also don?t see that he would have necessarily put up those numbers. Especially against last year Auburn?s defense, that I don?t agree with at all. The simple fact is we don?t have evidence of what KT will do against a defense with a pulse. And we don?t have any evidence at this time that bringing in a transfer means he leaves

This is why I think Moorhead really screwed up not seeing what KT could do this year. There were countless opportunities. It seems he had his mind made up.

BhamDawg205
11-25-2018, 05:31 PM
This is why I think Moorhead really screwed up not seeing what KT could do this year. There were countless opportunities. It seems he had his mind made up.

Ditto... What's to say as some assume KT stays, he won't go sit on the bench watching a QB ahead of him struggle. Moorhead has been slow to adapt(change) if it not working whether it's game plan or QB. If KB comes hope he sets the world on fire. I hope KT stays and prove all the naysayers wrong

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-25-2018, 05:44 PM

Or maybe, just maybe, Fitz was better than KT. JoMo got so see every rep each one took in practice from spring to Egg Bowl week and yet people still seem convinced KT is an under the radar superstar that just needs to see the field and he'll magically turn into Johnny Football. Based on nothing but him throwing late TD's to wide open WRs against a god awful FCS team that blew a bunch of assignments. Fitz looked pretty dang good against LT too.

I'm not saying he won't be amazing in the future or that it isn't possible he'd have been amazing this year if given a chance. I'm saying that belief KT would have been better than Fitz is based on no evidence, and many say it with such confidence and certainty that it borders on religion. I swear some of y'all pray to KT at night. JoMo and his staff actually got to see them in practice; isn't it common sense to assume they know more than us given we have 0 meaningful on field date to the contrary?

BeardoMSU
11-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Jesus at the melt in this thread...

https://i.gifer.com/C75X.gif

Thank **** we've got a coaching staff to make these decisions for us....

https://i.gifer.com/O3nk.gif

Cooterpoot
11-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Ditto... What's to say as some assume KT stays, he won't go sit on the bench watching a QB ahead of him struggle. Moorhead has been slow to adapt(change) if it not working whether it's game plan or QB. If KB comes hope he sets the world on fire. I hope KT stays and prove all the naysayers wrong

There aren?t naysayers. When will some of you numb nuts understand the coaches are who feel they want Bryant. It?s not the fans. The fans want to win. Obviously the coaches believe he?d help with that or they wouldn?t be after him. KT has had several months to impress them. They see him in practice every day.
But you guys think you?ve seen enough? LOL
If the team thought we were screwing KT, we?d see fighting on the team. Hasn?t happened. The team is still raving about the new staff.

turtlesnacks
11-25-2018, 06:09 PM
why are you all defending KT so hard? we shat on fitz for being a bad qb and he proved in two different seasons to two different coaches that he wasn’t good enough. he came in for one drive against a&m and looked like he did not even know what planet he was on. if KT was so good we would not be shopping for a grad transfer qb and moorhead would not have gotten a quarterback as his very first commit a month after he became our coach

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 06:12 PM
moorhead would not have gotten a quarterback as his very first commit a month after he became our coach

I don't think that seems to make any logical sense. Why wouldn't he have recruited a QB he was recruiting to Penn State in a completely different class?

turtlesnacks
11-25-2018, 06:24 PM
you can think whatever you want about simple reasoning but you ignored the rest of my post. if KT was so amazing, don’t you think we would have no interest in grad transfers or at the very least he would have premiered in more games/gotten more snaps? two separate coaching staffs evaluated him and thought he wasn’t good enough, so why is elitedawgs convinced he is?

NWADAWG
11-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Is Bryant the ultimate talent tease? The UPig folks are pretty confident they get him. A lot of Bulldogs are sure we'll get him. I'm sure if you asked auburn folks, they are confident. Is this just people grasping or is extremely good at playing all of the schools at once?

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 07:02 PM
Is Bryant the ultimate talent tease? The UPig folks are pretty confident they get him. A lot of Bulldogs are sure we'll get him. I'm sure if you asked auburn folks, they are confident. Is this just people grasping or is extremely good at playing all of the schools at once?

I'm betting on Auburn. Last second canceling of Miami and sudden trip to the Plains ... that's pretty telling. AU going all in on this one I'm betting.

shrimp
11-25-2018, 07:04 PM
KB is better than Lance Harbor, pre-injury. He?s also better than Moxon.

No KB is not.

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 07:08 PM
you can think whatever you want about simple reasoning but you ignored the rest of my post. if KT was so amazing, don’t you think we would have no interest in grad transfers or at the very least he would have premiered in more games/gotten more snaps? two separate coaching staffs evaluated him and thought he wasn’t good enough, so why is elitedawgs convinced he is?

What separate coaching staff thought he wasn’t good enough? The Mullen staff that recruited him?

Mobile Bay
11-25-2018, 07:36 PM
I'm betting on Auburn. Last second canceling of Miami and sudden trip to the Plains ... that's pretty telling. AU going all in on this one I'm betting.

It wouldn't be the first time Auburn bought a QB away from us.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Except that KT hasn't at any point in his career.

I think KB would help us out more in the long term in getting our QB depth chart in a better position because it sets us up to have a senior next year, followed by KT for two years and then follow that up with Shrader for 2-3 years. If we don't get KB it will be KT for two years and then we will be forced to start Shrader for three.

I just think that KT needs to redshirt. I felt like that from the very start when Dan was still here- although I absolutely understand why he didn't and wouldn't have anyway with the hindsight of knowing that Nick was injured. In hindsight we should have gotten Minchew off of the transfer wire too- but again that's just hindsight. Minchew could have filled in for Nick after he got hurt, allowed to redshirt KT and I think he would have beat out Fitz- or pushed him to master the offense quicker. It also could have opened up the possibility of using a medical redshirt for Nick as well.

1. If Gardner Minshew came to MSU he wouldve started for Moorhead.

2. KT has done well in the games he has started, looked a lot like KB in his starts for Clemson. He beat Lville without his HC and OC.

3. KT is not going to RS after all the time he has given this program and it would be a slap in the face to ask him to

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 08:43 PM
You're assuming that KT is completely selfish. And there is no tangible evidence of that. The rumor is he is staying.

It has nothing to do with him being selfish, it has to do with him earning his shot and us refusing to give it to him.

Not that we dont like him, he may not be a great fit for Moorheads offense, but if he aint KB aint either bc they are very similar.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 08:44 PM

After he beat Lville there were many calling for him to start over Fitz. Now we all want this other guy who looked mediocre at best passing the football against good defenses. Which is the exact thing we have bitched about for years.

Yall kill me sometimes.

preachermatt83
11-25-2018, 08:50 PM

Upig ain't getting him. It's either us or auburn. I think it's 60/40 us. Payton thinks he's coming here

msstate7
11-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Upig ain't getting him. It's either us or auburn. I think it's 60/40 us. Payton thinks he's coming here

Is Payton being recruited at all by auburn?

WPS
11-25-2018, 10:12 PM

Arkansas staff have an in-home with him Thursday and our 247 guys still feel decent about it but definitely trending more toward going elsewhere lately since it’s been about a month since his visit. Seems like it’s hard to get a read on him.

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 10:21 PM
After he beat Lville there were many calling for him to start over Fitz. Now we all want this other guy who looked mediocre at best passing the football against good defenses. Which is the exact thing we have bitched about for years.

Yall kill me sometimes.

The many was still in the minority about him starting over Fitz. And I don?t know how many times people have applauded his game (and the coaches for the bowl game) but still understand it was against a bad Sirmon ACC defense. That?s not proving anything against a team with pulse, which is what I stated.

Jack Lambert
11-25-2018, 10:28 PM
When is the last time Auburn had a starting QB that was not a transfer?

chef dixon
11-25-2018, 11:08 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, Fitz was better than KT. JoMo got so see every rep each one took in practice from spring to Egg Bowl week and yet people still seem convinced KT is an under the radar superstar that just needs to see the field and he'll magically turn into Johnny Football. Based on nothing but him throwing late TD's to wide open WRs against a god awful FCS team that blew a bunch of assignments. Fitz looked pretty dang good against LT too.

I'm not saying he won't be amazing in the future or that it isn't possible he'd have been amazing this year if given a chance. I'm saying that belief KT would have been better than Fitz is based on no evidence, and many say it with such confidence and certainty that it borders on religion. I swear some of y'all pray to KT at night. JoMo and his staff actually got to see them in practice; isn't it common sense to assume they know more than us given we have 0 meaningful on field date to the contrary?

Not saying he is sure fire better. Just saying we had poor enough QB play to justify giving KT more of a chance and it didn?t happen.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 11:10 PM

2. KT has done well in the games he has started, looked a lot like KB in his starts for Clemson. He beat Lville without his HC and OC.

3. KT is not going to RS after all the time he has given this program and it would be a slap in the face to ask him to

It has nothing to do with him being selfish, it has to do with him earning his shot and us refusing to give it to him.

Not that we dont like him, he may not be a great fit for Moorheads offense, but if he aint KB aint either bc they are very similar.

Versus Louisville in 2017

KB- 22-32 316 yards, 68.8% completion percentage, 1 TD, 0 INT, 162 QB rating, 18 carries for 26 yards and 2 TD's

KT- 11-20 127 yards, 55.0% completion percentage, 0 TD, 1 INT, 98.3 QB rating, 27 carries for 147 yards and 3 TD's

KT is probably a better runner than KB but in our new offense Joe needs someone that can pass the ball first and then run. One thing that really stands out is how often KB has completed 65% or more of his passes in his career. Including against SEC competition. KT has never gotten close to 65% in extended playing time where he has played more than three quarters. I think KT can get there- but he probably needs more time. It kind of reminds me a little bit of burning Omarr Conner's redshirt. I would imagine that our offense would have been better in 2007 with a fifth year senior in Omarr Conner than freshman Wesley Carroll. Anyway, doing something that would benefit a player in the long run is not a slap in the face. And I think playing time is earned- not deserved.

Completion percentage is a HUGE deal in Joe's offense. Just like having a QB that can run was a huge deal in Dan's. For Joe's offense to work it has to be balanced and that means we have to have a QB that can complete around 65% of his passes consistently. That's why we struggled so much this year especially against good defenses. 50% just isn't good enough in this offense.

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:11 PM

He did... and is transferring. Nobody should have an issue with a kid doing that in his position.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:12 PM
He did... and is transferring. Nobody should have an issue with a kid doing that in his position.

I don't. It was entirely his decision. Just saying him staying didn't necessarily mean he'd burn his eligibility

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:15 PM
Im not saying he has to care whether or not KT likes him, I dont expect him too but it is his job to win games and keeping KT would go a long way to doing that.

That's opinion. What is NOT opinion is JoMo has a bunch of people pissed on this board alone wanting him gone over 4 losses. YET you don't want him to recruit a player who HAS PROVEN HE IS BETTER!

He's damned if he does and DAMNED if he don't with some people....

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:20 PM

Nor tangible evidence that KT can be better than his 2 year average of 46% completion. YET WE DAMN SURE KNOW that IT WILL NOT WIN ANY Championship. Ever.

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:22 PM
Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

What a selfish Player KT would be for transferring and getting beat out by KB... Who would want a PLAYER would transfer FOR GETTING beat out.

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:22 PM

Saw him everyday in practice.

EVERY

DAY

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:24 PM
Nor tangible evidence that KT can be better than his 2 year average of 46% completion. YET WE DAMN SURE KNOW that IT WILL NOT WIN ANY Championship. Ever.

KB very well could be better than key. If joe wants KB, he should pursue him and he is. With that said, KB couldn't win a playoff game at Clemson... he dang sure ain't winning one here.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 11:27 PM

KB very well could be better than key. If joe wants KB, he should pursue him and he is. With that said, KB couldn't win a playoff game at Clemson... he dang sure ain't winning one here.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. And certainly not being able to beat Alabama is not a reason to not pursue him as a player.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:35 PM
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. And certainly not being able to beat Alabama is not a reason to not pursue him as a player.

No it isn't. I will be thrilled with 8-4 next season.

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:36 PM

And that has what to do with him and him alone?

You sound like the fans Dabo was talking to..... "if it's to the point that 12-0 ain't good enough for you, then it's time for me to move on. IT's an insult and disrespectful to the players and coaches who bust their ass and give their all for you to say a 21 point win over a rival feels like a loss".

If you are so down on a kid who got to the dance but didn't win, then NOTHING will ever make you happy. Considering that we have never been there in your life time, I would think that you wouldn't look such a gift horse in the mouth for cavities.........

Coach007
11-25-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

1- Nobody refused to "Give him a shot". He has his shot EVERY YEAR. Moorhead has already made it clear KB would have to compete.

2- 100% false. They are not very similar at all. One checks down and makes reads fast. The other seeks to run if the 1st read is not there. One makes really great reads, the other does not. One is a 66+% passer... the other is a 46% passer.

Not remotely the same.

BhamDawg205
11-26-2018, 12:44 AM
There aren?t naysayers. When will some of you numb nuts understand the coaches are who feel they want Bryant. It?s not the fans. The fans want to win. Obviously the coaches believe he?d help with that or they wouldn?t be after him. KT has had several months to impress them. They see him in practice every day.
But you guys think you?ve seen enough? LOL
If the team thought we were screwing KT, we?d see fighting on the team. Hasn?t happened. The team is still raving about the new staff.

Ok dick wad... Since we name calling. What part of getting the backup QBs game time reps is so freaking hard to understand? No one said replace Fitz permanently, but there were opportunities to get KT OR Mayden reps. Practice reps are not the same as game reps. Fitz's lightbulb may have came on sooner if he was on the sideline and coach could have coached him up when he wasn't clicking. No one practically NO one said they've seen enough from KT to say he was aire apparent. If JoMo practices what he preaches, there will be 3 QBs competing for the job. If KB comes so be it, if he beats out KT, May, and Schrader, we will all support the team when all said and done.

Dawg61
11-26-2018, 01:05 AM

That's opinion. What is NOT opinion is JoMo has a bunch of people pissed on this board alone wanting him gone over 4 losses. YET you don't want him to recruit a player who HAS PROVEN HE IS BETTER!

What a selfish Player KT would be for transferring and getting beat out by KB... Who would want a PLAYER would transfer FOR GETTING beat out.

Saw him everyday in practice.

EVERY

DAY

And that has what to do with him and him alone?

You sound like the fans Dabo was talking to..... "if it's to the point that 12-0 ain't good enough for you, then it's time for me to move on. IT's an insult and disrespectful to the players and coaches who bust their ass and give their all for you to say a 21 point win over a rival feels like a loss".

If you are so down on a kid who got to the dance but didn't win, then NOTHING will ever make you happy. Considering that we have never been there in your life time, I would think that you wouldn't look such a gift horse in the mouth for cavities.........

1- Nobody refused to "Give him a shot". He has his shot EVERY YEAR. Moorhead has already made it clear KB would have to compete.

2- 100% false. They are not very similar at all. One checks down and makes reads fast. The other seeks to run if the 1st read is not there. One makes really great reads, the other does not. One is a 66+% passer... the other is a 46% passer.

Not remotely the same.

Damn bro take a few posts off or even better actually learn how the multiple quote button works after being on this board for 6 years now.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2018, 01:17 AM
Not saying he is sure fire better. Just saying we had poor enough QB play to justify giving KT more of a chance and it didn?t happen.

If JoeMo was confident that KT was proficient in the playbook, and could run his offense, I imagine when we were spitting and sputtering on offense, KT would have gotten his shot.

louisvilledawg
11-26-2018, 09:22 AM
Talked to Moorhead's Fordham QB at the egg bowl and he said Bryant is coming down to Mizzou and us and he ultimately thinks he's going to choose us after talking to the MSU coaches. Said Auburn was just wining and dining him basically

Dawgfan77
11-26-2018, 09:31 AM
I have hesitation posting this but here goes. Joe has watched KT in bowl practice, spring (took 85% of the snaps), fall practice, and during the season. After all this he is still trying to land KB. KT is a tremendous athlete and needs more time to develop. He knows it joe knows it. Fact is KT loves MSU and understands he still had the opportunity to be the starter in two years. We will see how it all plays out but it?s to early to say that KB means KT transfers. Relax and be excited this staff is all in on getting players to help us win and win now

RiverCityDawg
11-26-2018, 09:44 AM
I have hesitation posting this but here goes. Joe has watched KT in bowl practice, spring (took 85% of the snaps), fall practice, and during the season. After all this he is still trying to land KB. KT is a tremendous athlete and needs more time to develop. He knows it joe knows it. Fact is KT loves MSU and understands he still had the opportunity to be the starter in two years. We will see how it all plays out but it?s to early to say that KB means KT transfers. Relax and be excited this staff is all in on getting players to help us win and win now

Seems like the reasonable viewpoint for everyone to take until this thing plays out, as opposed to a bunch of people that aren't close to the situation packing KT's bags for him.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2018, 10:18 AM

KT should have been redshirted last year. Yes, him having had some garbage time during the season meant that he was serviceable for the emergency situation in the OM game and the bowl; but if we had had anyone else on the depth chart he would never have seen the field. Mullen botched that possibility with the way he handled the QB situation in '16 leading to all of our depth transferring. And, when that happened, he should have gotten a JUCO guy for depth to save KT's redshirt last year. He lands all those JUCO guys on defense to bail his ass out and doesn't get a QB for depth? That should have been a sign to all of us that we has gone after last year no matter what.

msstate7
11-26-2018, 10:24 AM
KT should have been redshirted last year. Yes, him having had some garbage time during the season meant that he was serviceable for the emergency situation in the OM game and the bowl; but if we had had anyone else on the depth chart he would never have seen the field. Mullen botched that possibility with the way he handled the QB situation in '16 leading to all of our depth transferring. And, when that happened, he should have gotten a JUCO guy for depth to save KT's redshirt last year. He lands all those JUCO guys on defense to bail his ass out and doesn't get a QB for depth? That should have been a sign to all of us that we has gone after last year no matter what.

Why in the world would Mullen have worried about RSing key? He had fitz, key, mayden, and would've had Jones had he stayed. There was no reason to RS key

NWADAWG
11-26-2018, 10:52 AM

Not remotely the same.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they are different. I don't agree necessarily that one is better then the other.

It would depend on the offensive system. From what I've seen of KB, he would not be near as good in the Mullen offense that KT was originally recruited for. Likewise, I think KB has a chance to be better in Moorhead's offfense.

What I see as a great opportunity is having both types of QB on the same team. Let's just say for arguments sake that KB comes and is the starter. Give KT an couple possessions in second half to just run options to and beat up the D. Then switch back. Would be hard to prepare for both. Could also be good for goal line offense like Tebow was used as a freshman.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Why in the world would Mullen have worried about RSing key? He had fitz, key, mayden, and would've had Jones had he stayed. There was no reason to RS key

Your redshirt key for same reason he redshirted Dak - Redshirting QB's enhances their development unless they are hands down going to be your day 1 starter - and Key wasn't that, and wasn't going to be a starter until '19 at the earliest. The only reason you saw Mayden this season at all is because of the new 4 game rule. Throwing KB out the window as an option - would you rather have 3 more years for Key or 2? Which do you think would be better for the program? Which would be better for Key?

Really Clark?
11-26-2018, 11:55 AM

Taino transferring in Dec right when 4 star heir apparent KT signed is what screwed our depth. And you are not getting a JUCO QB to waste his last 2 years being a backup to Fitz, unless it’s just a body and you probably play KT over that player anyway, unless it’s exactly a last game scenario but there was no way to know that would happen. I don’t see how that would have worked.

dawgday166
11-26-2018, 11:58 AM
Talked to Moorhead's Fordham QB at the egg bowl and he said Bryant is coming down to Mizzou and us and he ultimately thinks he's going to choose us after talking to the MSU coaches. Said Auburn was just wining and dining him basically

That will have been one very expensive wining and dining experience for AU if Bryant decides after that to go there.

chef dixon
11-26-2018, 01:16 PM
I do not get the feel Moorhead is trying to bring in KB to get KT time to develop to be the starter. I think it is more likely he is trying to bring him in to give Shrader a redshirt year before handing over the reigns. Moorhead probably doesn?t want to sink or swim with Mullen guys.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-26-2018, 02:23 PM
What the hell happened to Cord Sandberg isn't he at Auburn?

msstate7
11-26-2018, 02:24 PM
What the hell happened to Cord Sandberg isn't he at Auburn?

I'd think a 3-4 year layoff would require at least a full year to get ready

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-26-2018, 02:28 PM
I'd think a 3-4 year layoff would require at least a full year to get ready

I wasn't implying that he could start, I just didn't know where the hell he was.

msstate7
11-26-2018, 02:44 PM
I wasn't implying that he could start, I just didn't know where the hell he was.

Yeah, auburn

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2018, 06:30 PM

I didnt say that. All I said was that if we got KB great if not I wont be upset by it.

RougeDawg
11-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Anyone hearing anything about KB?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2018, 10:29 PM
Anyone hearing anything about KB?

I think it's Missouri but all that could change with a weekend trip to the plains.

msstate7
11-28-2018, 10:31 PM
I think it's Missouri but all that could change with a weekend trip to the plains.

Is it this weekend at auburn?

Bothrops
11-28-2018, 10:48 PM
I feel like KB will be at Mizzou, but it's easy to understand why we are going for him so hard, and that's big game experience and hitting the ground running early next season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2018, 09:57 AM
Is it this weekend at auburn?

yes

I seen it dawg
11-29-2018, 11:56 AM
Don't count us out I think we are in drivers seat

Commercecomet24
11-29-2018, 11:58 AM
Don't count us out I think we are in drivers seat

This.

RougeDawg
11-29-2018, 02:18 PM
I feel like KB will be at Mizzou, but it's easy to understand why we are going for him so hard, and that's big game experience and hitting the ground running early next season.

I highly doubt it?s Mizzou after he and his parents comments 2 weeks ago.

TrapGame
11-29-2018, 02:25 PM
I highly doubt it?s Mizzou after he and his parents comments 2 weeks ago.

That's interesting. I've heard Mizzou is coming on strong.