PDA

View Full Version : The turning point in the season was series 3 against A&M...up

RougeDawg
11-25-2018, 09:41 AM
That was the series after Fitz looked really bad and JoMo put in KT to silence the critics and boos. KT looked like a deer in headlights and after he got the 15 yard roughing the passer penalty on 3rd down, Fitz went back in.

All of a sudden the offensive pep and rhythm picked up. Linemen started blocking and receivers no longer had a case of the dropsies. I have no inside knowledge on the matter but this rapid, almost instantaneous flip of the switch suggested that we may have had an internal division on which QBs to play like we had 3 years ago. After Don let the team lose with the QB most of the players wanted, they got their act together and played better. Same thing happened under Wyatt/Madkin.

Don could have nipped 2016 in the bud by announcing a clear starter. I do not know how Jo could have prevented a divided locker room other than slowly easing Fitz into the offense. KT clearly was not the answer.

Lastly this sucks because we win 1, maybe 2 more games if Jo had shown the team KT in SEC action at Kentucky. He wasn?t our best option, but the SFA game created some false perceptions of a dreadful passing day from KT. It took the three plays against A&M to knock some sense into the Fitz doubters on our roster.

starkvegasdawg
11-25-2018, 09:46 AM
For what it's worth, I had someone close to the team tell me around that time frame the team knew KT wasn't ready to be out there as the starter and was behind Fitz.

RougeDawg
11-25-2018, 09:52 AM
For what it's worth, I had someone close to the team tell me around that time frame the team knew KT wasn't ready to be out there as the starter and was behind Fitz.

Not saying they are wrong, there was just a noticeable shift in energy after that series. Something changed and Fitz began progressing.

starkvegasdawg
11-25-2018, 09:55 AM
Not saying they are wrong, there was just a noticeable shift in energy after that series. Something changed and Fitz began progressing.

Won't argue that. Maybe it was the team decided to rally around Fitz after CJM yanked him to make a point.

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Honestly, the correct answer is probably that we played some of the worst defenses in the league starting with that game (including the Aggies’ terrible pass defense).

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 11:56 AM
That was the series after Fitz looked really bad and JoMo put in KT to silence the critics and boos. KT looked like a deer in headlights and after he got the 15 yard roughing the passer penalty on 3rd down, Fitz went back in.

All of a sudden the offensive pep and rhythm picked up. Linemen started blocking and receivers no longer had a case of the dropsies. I have no inside knowledge on the matter but this rapid, almost instantaneous flip of the switch suggested that we may have had an internal division on which QBs to play like we had 3 years ago. After Don let the team lose with the QB most of the players wanted, they got their act together and played better. Same thing happened under Wyatt/Madkin.

Don could have nipped 2016 in the bud by announcing a clear starter. I do not know how Jo could have prevented a divided locker room other than slowly easing Fitz into the offense. KT clearly was not the answer.

Lastly this sucks because we win 1, maybe 2 more games if Jo had shown the team KT in SEC action at Kentucky. He wasn?t our best option, but the SFA game created some false perceptions of a dreadful passing day from KT. It took the three plays against A&M to knock some sense into the Fitz doubters on our roster.

The season turned on the 3rd and long play where Fitz scrambled at hit Guidry and he got down all the way to the 1

justwin
11-25-2018, 03:20 PM

wrong on many levels. KT is better as he goes through progressions, throws a catchable ball, has many years a successful HS QB, is a better runner.

But to that TXAM drive you reference..if you really go back and look, you will see 3 called run plays. 1st for Key, 2nd for Aeris, 3rd for Aeris. in fact, the 3rd play he was sacked on he was smart & heady enough to actually quickly pull the ball back from the handoff to avoid the fumble b/c the D knew another run play was coming due to the loss by Aeris previous play. So, Fitz comes back in and throws 2 more incompletes and gets sacked to end the drive. Key earned the right to continue that drive.

What people don't realize about Fitz is he leaves 21+ on the field every game. The egg bowl should've been 50+ to 3.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 04:38 PM
wrong on many levels. KT is better as he goes through progressions, throws a catchable ball, has many years a successful HS QB, is a better runner.

But to that TXAM drive you reference..if you really go back and look, you will see 3 called run plays. 1st for Key, 2nd for Aeris, 3rd for Aeris. in fact, the 3rd play he was sacked on he was smart & heady enough to actually quickly pull the ball back from the handoff to avoid the fumble b/c the D knew another run play was coming due to the loss by Aeris previous play. So, Fitz comes back in and throws 2 more incompletes and gets sacked to end the drive. Key earned the right to continue that drive.

What people don't realize about Fitz is he leaves 21+ on the field every game. The egg bowl should've been 50+ to 3.

Are you KT's mom??? Good Lord man

RougeDawg
11-25-2018, 04:48 PM

Hello Mr. Thompson. Glad you are an ED member.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 04:51 PM
I think the truth is Fitz had been more focused on off the field things than football for awhile. That's why he was suspended for Stephen F Austin. And I think that's why he struggled for awhile. I think it took our fans wanting to bench him and Joe basically threatening to bench him for him to get his act together. Wish it had happened after K-State or after Kentucky at the latest.

He needed a wake up call and got it after LSU.