PDA

View Full Version : Here we go

Mudhole
11-25-2018, 08:36 AM
CFP. Alabama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Ohio State

Just like I said it would be. Just watch and see. I'll be shocked if it don't turn out that way

msstate7
11-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Oklahoma and Ohio st gonna have to go for style points this week, and hope like hell bama wins. I think Ohio st gets in too

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 09:08 AM
Only way Ohio State makes the playoff is beating Northwestern 59-0. Anything else, they ain’t getting in.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Honestly, who cares? It’s the same 5 teams every year. I probably won’t each watch the playoffs. It’s gotten that boring to me.
AL, CL, OSU, OK,ND, GA
They’d throw TX, MI, and PAC team in if they could find a way.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 09:24 AM
Honestly, who cares? It’s the same 5 teams every year. I probably won’t each watch the playoffs. It’s gotten that boring to me.
AL, CL, OSU, OK,ND, GA
They’d throw TX, MI, and PAC team in if they could find a way.

Which teams since 2014 would you replace and with who? I think they've got it right

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 12:59 PM
Notre Dame and OSU will get skull dragged and Clemson will lose to Bama by 2 TDs or so.

I like Dabo and Clemson but they have benefited from a weak conference this year. USCe isnt that good and they rung up 35 on them. They arent on our level defensively like many thought they were

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 01:00 PM
If they wanted the best 4 teams it should be Bama, UGA, Clemson and honestly 4 could be any of the teams listed bc they will all get slaughtered by UGA and Bama

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-25-2018, 01:16 PM
Which teams since 2014 would you replace and with who? I think they've got it right

I don' think Cooter was saying it's a conspiracy or they're wrong, just that it's boring as crap to see the same 4-5 teams play each other year after year. Makes you feel like CFB has 3 tiers- the 5-6 top teams that can make the CFP, the rest of the P5 and top G5 who want a decent bowl, and everyone else. There's not much hope of a true "dream season" like we see in Baseball or Basketball where a nobody comes in and takes down blue bloods. There's like 15 teams that can dream of one day cracking that CFP level (USC, Miami, Texas, for example), but for the vast majority of us the CFP will never be in reach. That, plus a lack of different teams, make the CFP seem more stale and uninteresting to me with each year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-25-2018, 01:20 PM
If they wanted the best 4 teams it should be Bama, UGA, Clemson and honestly 4 could be any of the teams listed bc they will all get slaughtered by UGA and Bama

I think UGA is down a bit this year. Clemson is the #2 team in my opinion, then ND would be a slight favorite over UGA or OSU or OU etc, but ND could definitely lose to them. Either way though I think the Natty will be Clemson v Bama, with Tua's health and unlucky turnovers the only wildcards that give Clem a chance

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:22 PM
I don' think Cooter was saying it's a conspiracy or they're wrong, just that it's boring as crap to see the same 4-5 teams play each other year after year. Makes you feel like CFB has 3 tiers- the 5-6 top teams that can make the CFP, the rest of the P5 and top G5 who want a decent bowl, and everyone else. There's not much hope of a true "dream season" like we see in Baseball or Basketball where a nobody comes in and takes down blue bloods. There's like 15 teams that can dream of one day cracking that CFP level (USC, Miami, Texas, for example), but for the vast majority of us the CFP will never be in reach. That, plus a lack of different teams, make the CFP seem more stale and uninteresting to me with each year.

How do you fix it then? Personally, I'd love to see each team capped at 70 scholarships with the remaining 15 go to college baseball. I think this would help both sports

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Honestly, who cares? It?s the same 5 teams every year. I probably won?t each watch the playoffs. It?s gotten that boring to me.
AL, CL, OSU, OK,ND, GA
They?d throw TX, MI, and PAC team in if they could find a way.

Yep ... Boorring. Ain't changing anytime soon.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 02:21 PM
I think UGA is down a bit this year. Clemson is the #2 team in my opinion, then ND would be a slight favorite over UGA or OSU or OU etc, but ND could definitely lose to them. Either way though I think the Natty will be Clemson v Bama, with Tua's health and unlucky turnovers the only wildcards that give Clem a chance

ND would lose handily to Clemson and UGA.

UGA is looking more and more like last year's UGA every week. They are a solid 2 Clemson a solid 3 and number 4 could be any of the rest because all of them would get killed by Bama and would lose to the other 3

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-25-2018, 02:26 PM
How do you fix it then? Personally, I'd love to see each team capped at 70 scholarships with the remaining 15 go to college baseball. I think this would help both sports

I really like that scholarship solution, but the big football programs that make the NCAA money will never go for it. They know they can get more talent with that last 15 spots than other teams can, thus they have more of a talent gap.

But I don't really have a solution. All I'm saying is that it's boring to watch. I have no idea how to fix it aside from expanding the playoffs and allowing Cinderella UCF's to have a shot at making it interesting

TALL DAWG
11-25-2018, 02:33 PM
ND would lose handily to Clemson and UGA.

UGA is looking more and more like last year's UGA every week. They are a solid 2 Clemson a solid 3 and number 4 could be any of the rest because all of them would get killed by Bama and would lose to the other 3

Correct answer above!

Heck, Vandy like to have beat ND at ND this year! Let that sink in...

Mudhole
11-25-2018, 05:04 PM
The only way Ohio State doesn't get in is if Georgia beats bama. If that happens then Georgia and bama will get in.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Notre Dame would lose handily to MSU.

RocketDawg
11-25-2018, 06:08 PM
Only way Ohio State makes the playoff is beating Northwestern 59-0. Anything else, they ain’t getting in.

Yeah, I don't see how they're going to move from 10 to 4 in one fell swoop by beating Michigan.

RocketDawg
11-25-2018, 06:10 PM
Notre Dame and OSU will get skull dragged and Clemson will lose to Bama by 2 TDs or so.

I like Dabo and Clemson but they have benefited from a weak conference this year. USCe isnt that good and they rung up 35 on them. They arent on our level defensively like many thought they were

They benefit from a weak conference every year. And they essentially lost to Texas A&M.

RocketDawg
11-25-2018, 06:13 PM

That's an excellent suggestion.

Dawg61
11-25-2018, 06:21 PM

You fix it by going to a 16 team playoff, 9 game conference schedules and eliminating 2 bullshit OOC games. Possibly 2 P5 games as OOC instead of 4 OOC total.

Political Hack
11-25-2018, 06:37 PM
It's is boring as shit. I won't watch either in all likelihood. Same script, just a different year.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Notre Dame would lose handily to MSU.

Yep, we could name our score and theirs if we played them.

LC Dawg
11-25-2018, 10:02 PM
The CFP was supposed to give us something better than the BCS but it's just the BCS with 4 teams and it actually has made the bigger bowls less meaningful and the smaller bowls are now completely equal exhibition games.
If they don't expand the playoffs I think interest will continue to decrease.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 10:04 PM
The CFP was supposed to give us something better than the BCS but it's just the BCS with 4 teams and it actually has made the bigger bowls less meaningful and the smaller bowls are now completely equal exhibition games.
If they don't expand the playoffs I think interest will continue to decrease.

I'm probably in the extreme minority, but I like old school better. I loved the sec being tied to the sugar bowl.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 10:30 PM
I'm probably in the extreme minority, but I like old school better. I loved the sec being tied to the sugar bowl.

I agree and I always thought the BCS worked perfectly fine for what it was intended to do. The pac 10 and big 10 came up with the playoff for a reason.

TUSK
11-25-2018, 11:18 PM
I agree and I always thought the BCS worked perfectly fine for what it was intended to do. The pac 10 and big 10 came up with the playoff for a reason.

I felt the same, Timber... I'm of the opinion that the all-SEC 2012 BCSNC was the driving factor for the 4 team playoffs.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 11:24 PM
I felt the same, Timber... I'm of the opinion that the all-SEC 2012 BCSNC was the driving factor for the 4 team playoffs.

I'm of the opinion it was the kick six the next year that kept Bama out of title game. They were told they better fix that shit.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 11:41 PM

That absolutely was the driving factor, the SEC should have told them both to F off but we gave in. Playoffs were probably inevitable but now we all see that it really doesn’t make much difference.

TUSK
11-25-2018, 11:44 PM
That absolutely was the driving factor, the SEC should have told them both to F off but we gave in. Playoffs were probably inevitable but now we all see that it really doesn’t make much difference.

Yep... All increasing the numbers for the Playoffs did (or will do) is help the SEC.... poor dumb bastards....