PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that we meltdown......

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2018, 01:02 AM
over other team's results? We can't control that crap. We never used to care. We actually used to judge ourselves against the only standard that really matters, ourselves. I'm still loving 35-3 and the trees don't get in the way of my enjoyment of the forrest. HAIL STATE!

Mimi's Babies
11-25-2018, 01:03 AM
#HAILSTATE.....

I remember the lean years......

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 01:09 AM
over other team's results? We can't control that crap. We never used to care. We actually used to judge ourselves against the only standard that really matters, ourselves. I'm still loving 35-3 and the trees don't get in the way of my enjoyment of the forrest. HAIL STATE!

Agreed 1000%. And it wasn’t even Ole Miss who won this time. Some of our biggest meltdowns happen on our bye week or when we aren’t even playing on that particular day. We beat the everliving shit out of Ole Miss Thursday and these idiots are melting down over what? We should have been 10-2 vs 8-4? Give me a freaking break.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2018, 01:10 AM
“we” don’t. 7 does

GeorgeKaplan
11-25-2018, 01:10 AM
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2018, 01:30 AM

Agree 100%. I would've love to finish with a better record but I'm pleased with the way this team finished. Especially kicking the bears a** in oxford and joe putting his stamp on it "with the we don't take shit from anyone" and almost beating that dudes ass the other night! This staff is recruiting well and will finish strong. Win the bowl game and look to a bright future!

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2018, 01:33 AM
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

3rd post, you are up late considering y'all ain't even in this discussion.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:34 AM
“we” don’t. 7 does

What have I melted about tonight? I hit my parlay by taking aTm

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 01:38 AM

You epically melted down on our bye week. Of course, it’s possible you don’t remember it.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:39 AM
You epically melted down on our bye week. Of course, it’s possible you don’t remember it.

I melted when tenn beat auburn bc I knew our auburn win was much less impressive.

I haven't melted at all today. I nailed today's games betting wise

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:40 AM

Seriously .. you're asking him to remember a PARTICULAR melt?? That's like needle in a haystack type shit right there ***

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:41 AM
Seriously .. you're asking him to remember a PARTICULAR melt?? That's like needle in a haystack type shit right there ***

I remember them all, and when they reach a certsinly intensity, I name them like hurricanes

Turfdawg67
11-25-2018, 01:42 AM
3rd post, you are up late considering y'all ain't even in this discussion.

His three have been spot on though. Gabe should post more and a few on here waaaaaay less.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:43 AM
I remember them all, and when they reach a certsinly intensity, I name them like hurricanes

LMFAO ... Don't surprise me at all. Got tears in my eyes from laughing.

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 01:44 AM
I melted when tenn beat auburn bc I knew our auburn win was much less impressive.

I haven't melted at all today. I nailed today's games betting wise

That shit was on Auburn not us and you went into an especially spiraling melt when Ole Miss beat Arkansas. Seems moot now since we beat both of those teams a combined 87-9.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 01:47 AM
I think we have way too many people trying to double down on their Internet cred from the preseason "If we go 8-4 Joe should be fired!" quote.

The thing about special seasons is often times they happen when they are least predicted- like 1980 and 1999.

I know personally I overestimated how much I thought Fitz would adapt to the offense. I think that was the main reason for the four losses more than anything. If Fitz had been with Moorhead for four years I think he would have performed much better and I also think we would have had more talent at the skill positions as well from better recruiting.

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 01:50 AM
I think we have way too many people trying to double down on their Internet cred from the preseason "If we go 8-4 Joe should be fired!" quote.

The thing about special seasons is often times they happen when they are least predicted- like 1980 and 1999.

I know personally I overestimated how much I thought Fitz would adapt to the offense. I think that was the main reason for the four losses more than anything. If Fitz had been with Moorhead for four years I think he would have performed much better and I also think we would have had more talent at the skill positions as well from better recruiting.

He was just now learning how to read defenses as a fifth year senior. Let that sink in.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:53 AM
He was just now learning how to read defenses as a fifth year senior. Let that sink in.

I think the reads are different between 2 offenses and Joe's has more of them too.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 02:16 AM

I think the reads are different between 2 offenses and Joe's has more of them too.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/558337/nick-fitzgerald

Interestingly his stats are similar with and without Dan. Especially when you take into account that he didn't play against Stephen F Austin. The reads are different in both offenses- I do agree with that.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 02:22 AM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/558337/nick-fitzgerald

Interestingly his stats are similar with and without Dan. Especially when you take into account that he didn't play against Stephen F Austin. The reads are different in both offenses- I do agree with that.

I think he would've been better this year under Dan than he was Joe. He knew the offense better.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 02:25 AM
I think he would've been better this year under Dan than he was Joe. He knew the offense better.

No shit? You mean he would be better with the coach he’s been with for 4 years rather than the guy he’s been with for 1 year?

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 02:27 AM
No shit? You mean he would be better with the coach he’s been with for 4 years rather than the guy he’s been with for 1 year?

Well ... I think Todd was trying to say Fitz just Fitz. Wasn't gonna be good one way or the other. I was disagreeing with him. Or maybe you got that and are agreeing with me.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 02:57 AM

Maybe. But I think he mostly is what he is.

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 07:31 AM
Maybe. But I think he mostly is what he is.

He lost a step from last year and for whatever reason was more gun shy this year more then likely due to his injury. He wasn’t the same player. I’d go as far as saying he was 80% of what he was last year. Add to the fact that Joe lived and died by him at QB, and it certainly did cause problems in our losses. When your QBR is 26, 9.6, 9.7 and 9.8 in our losses, you really aren’t giving your team a chance to win.

Bdawg
11-25-2018, 09:39 AM
He lost a step from last year and for whatever reason was more gun shy this year more then likely due to his injury. He wasn’t the same player. I’d go as far as saying he was 80% of what he was last year. Add to the fact that Joe lived and died by him at QB, and it certainly did cause problems in our losses. When your QBR is 26, 9.6, 9.7 and 9.8 in our losses, you really aren’t giving your team a chance to win.

While I appreciate everything Fitz has done for this team, I do agree, he was not quite the same player as before.

Sienfield
11-25-2018, 10:28 AM

If that bothers you so much maybe you should not read the thread. That game probable had a direct impact on what bowl we go to, so fans should be interested in the outcome. Lots of folks get emotional watching games. It doesn't diminish what we accomplished this year. What bothers me more is that you call posters who don't agree with you trolls or you want them banned. Go enjoy the trees and the forest.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2018, 10:39 AM
If that bothers you so much maybe you should not read the thread. That game probable had a direct impact on what bowl we go to, so fans should be interested in the outcome. Lots of folks get emotional watching games. It doesn't diminish what we accomplished this year. What bothers me more is that you call posters who don't agree with you trolls or you want them banned. Go enjoy the trees and the forest.

I know it affected what bowl we go to. We needed LSU to win that game, but they didn't. My point is why the meltdow? It's not like A&M beat us last night.

maroonmania
11-25-2018, 02:14 PM

What's wrong with wanting TA&M to lose to help us with our bowl situation? I assume that is what you are talking about. And btw I've always cared what other teams do when it affects us. Most fans do.

Saltydog
11-25-2018, 02:25 PM
"confederates". Been doing it for years.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2018, 05:26 PM
What's wrong with wanting TA&M to lose to help us with our bowl situation? I assume that is what you are talking about. And btw I've always cared what other teams do when it affects us. Most fans do.

You can care without melting down. We had people going after Moorhead because Jimbo beat LSU, never mind that Moorhead beat Jimbo.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2018, 05:28 PM
"confederates". Been doing it for years.

Not true. I disagree with many of the regulars here all the time and I don't call them Confederates. That gets reserved for just a few. I'm not the only one that thinks along those lines about a few people here.

MrKotter
11-25-2018, 05:37 PM

In general, you?re a crybaby about everything. It?s past old