PDA

View Full Version : How did Fisher do this in YEAR 1?!?! Wow.

cheewgumm
11-25-2018, 12:54 AM
Where was the learning curve with the new offense?

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 12:56 AM
well, Kellen Mond was an actual quarterback when A&M recruited him..

Goldendawg
11-25-2018, 12:57 AM
You better go to bed or put on your maroon colored glasses or you are asking for it.****

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 12:59 AM
Go back and look at TAMU recruiting rankings to find your answer. While your doing that, go look at Florida's.

People have zero clue about talent. Teams can play bad and be extremely talented. That's why coaches get fired.

Tbonewannabe
Currently one game better than last year.

Goldendawg
well, Kellen Mond was an actual quarterback when A&M recruited him..

On the same note do you think their 6' 5" or so WR is a converted basketball player?

cheewgumm
Hahah

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 01:01 AM

This has to be a sarcastic thread. Last I checked Fisher finished 8-4.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2018, 01:02 AM
He lost to Moorhead. Had the same record. And got an LSU defense missing 7 starters when that game ended. I saw nothing special.

LC Dawg
11-25-2018, 01:02 AM
A&M is 8 and *******ed 4. With a loss to Mississippi State. Why is Jimbo being ****ing anointed and Moorhead castigated? Also, Jimbo's players are 5-7 at FSU.

Saltydog
11-25-2018, 01:03 AM
Teams can play bad and be extremely talented. That's why coaches get fired.

Moorhead's being fired?

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 01:03 AM
This has to be a sarcastic thread. Last I checked Fisher finished 8-4.

I was thinking the same thing, not sure what this post is supposed to mean.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2018, 01:04 AM

Same record as us, and we beat them. It seems they sucked at learning curves.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2018, 01:04 AM
We’ve got the most pathetic fans in college football. They’d rather suck Jimbo off than give Moorhead credit for whipping his ass.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 01:05 AM
Moorhead's being fired?

Dude you are an insufferable bastard. It must suck to be you. I would hate to hate as much as you do.

I know you want us to be bad, but you should take it somewhere else because firing Moorhead after year 1 going 8-4 would do just that. Make us horrible.

Goldendawg
It means we should have won more games this year.

msstate7
He lost to Moorhead. Had the same record. And got an LSU defense missing 7 starters when that game ended. I saw nothing special.

Same record is deceiving. What if we played Clemson and they played Kansas st?

Cooterpoot
11-25-2018, 01:07 AM

What if we got LSU and KY at home. With LSU missing their D starters? What if A&M played FL? See how that works?

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2018, 01:08 AM
Dude you are an insufferable bastard. It must suck to be you. I would hate to hate as much as you do.

I know you want us to be bad, but you should take it somewhere else because firing Moorhead after year 1 going 8-4 would do just that. Make us horrible.

We seriously need the Enforcer back. There are entirely too many......Confederates......getting free passes to spew their spin here now. This ain't the Pack, enough already.

LC Dawg
11-25-2018, 01:08 AM

What if we beat A&M? Wait. Never mind.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 01:09 AM
What if we got LSU and KY at home. With LSU missing their D starters? What if A&M played FL? See how that works?

Don’t mention FL, you’ll trigger his mullen crush

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:10 AM

I like our chances against Clemson right now. I don't like TAM's against Clemson right now. Just sayin.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 01:10 AM
We seriously need the Enforcer back. There are entirely too many......Confederates......getting a free passes to spew their spin here now. This ain't the Pack, enough already.

I'll second that motion. Anyone that says fire Moorhead needs to be ban hammered. You can underachieve and still have the right man for the job.

parabrave
11-25-2018, 01:16 AM
If we look at this from a financial standpoint we have moorhead costing MSU around 175,000 per win and Jimbo costing the Aggies 980,000 per win. Well I could be off a few thousand. So we kinda come out of this on top. Jimbo is another Les Miles/Cheszick. Ride the coattails of one stud and make your career off of it.

Saltydog
11-25-2018, 01:26 AM
the speed of SEC defenses and was too stubborn to change some of his tendencies. Hopefully he can turn up the heat on the recruiting trail. I think beating a quality opponent in a good bowl game could go a long way in helping with some of the final pieces to this class but that remains to be seen.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 01:29 AM
the speed of SEC defenses and was too stubborn to change some of his tendencies. Hopefully he can turn up the heat on the recruiting trail. I think beating a quality opponent in a good bowl game could go a long way in helping with some of the final pieces to this class but that remains to be seen.

So it took him about 6 weeks to change an entire careers worth of developing an offense. I would say that's not that terribly bad.

Your mistake was you thought there would be no learning curve. Get over it.

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 01:34 AM

Good post. I think Joe gonna get it going it right direction. He just had a learning curve, just like Dan did. Sucks tho that we just now rounding into form.

Thing is tho ... Dan probably would've blown 1 game himself, and our D probably would've blown one too with Grantham. I like Grantham but what Shoop has done exceeds by a good amount what I think Grantham would've done.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2018, 01:34 AM
We seriously need the Enforcer back. There are entirely too many......Confederates......getting free passes to spew their spin here now. This ain't the Pack, enough already.

Agreed.

DancingRabbit
11-25-2018, 01:36 AM

troll

Saltydog
11-25-2018, 01:39 AM
position. With the type of D we had this year you have to know other programs are noticing.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 01:39 AM
This thread can't be serious.

The guy finishes with the same record as Moorhead and LOSES to Moorhead and we have fans that want to talk smack about how Jimbo is better than Joe? LOL.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 01:52 AM
This thread can't be serious.

The guy finishes with the same record as Moorhead and LOSES to Moorhead and we have fans that want to talk smack about how Jimbo is better than Joe? LOL.

Chewgum is a retard, don’t take it seriously

cheewgumm
11-25-2018, 01:56 AM
Ha, alrighty.

2nd in the West is a good outcome for a first year coach with a new offense to install. That?s all I?ll saying.

Bunch of haters on here...sad.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-25-2018, 02:06 AM

I think Salty left these off *** I thought it was funny.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 02:15 AM
Ha, alrighty.

2nd in the West is a good outcome for a first year coach with a new offense to install. That?s all I?ll saying.

You’re talking about A&M right?

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 07:34 AM
This is the dumbest thread I’ve seen on the board in a while. Next, you should start a thread about Gus Malzhan and say he’s better because they scored 21 on Bama even though they lost to us and lost by 30+ to Bama.

RougeDawg
11-25-2018, 08:01 AM
I?m guessing OP did not watch game last night, where 4-5 atrocious officiating calls kept prolonging the game for A&M. The fumbled catch, the 4th down in regulation that was short and not reviews. The pass interference called in the end zone and most of all the targeting. If that?s targeting, we need to go right to flag football next season and save the death by a thousand paper cuts path to pussification we are already well into.

BiscuitEater
11-25-2018, 08:15 AM
If we look at this from a financial standpoint we have moorhead costing MSU around 175,000 per win and Jimbo costing the Aggies 980,000 per win. Well I could be off a few thousand. So we kinda come out of this on top.

With ~$5B in the bank, and so much more $$ coming in that are having a hard time finding places to spend it, A&M will always "come out on top" when money is the question. They would gladly ante up $1M per win!

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 09:04 AM
position. With the type of D we had this year you have to know other programs are noticing.

Can you learn to use a computer and stop writing your response in the subject line? It's incompetent and annoying.

Ari Gold
11-25-2018, 10:17 AM
Jimbo with 8 wins with that roster of loaded players is a good job.
But also look at the mess he left at FSU. So based on that things could go south just as fast.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2018, 10:37 AM
We?ve got the most pathetic fans in college football. They?d rather suck Jimbo off than give Moorhead credit for whipping his ass.

This. It?s crazy. We whipped aTm ass with much less talent according to recruiting rankings. Some of our fans are dumbasses.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 10:39 AM
This. It?s crazy. We whipped aTm ass with much less talent according to recruiting rankings. Some of our fans are dumbasses.

Much less talent? I love recruiting and believe in stars, but come on mane... we have 4 1st rounder in this year's draft

DownwardDawg
11-25-2018, 11:00 AM
Much less talent? I love recruiting and believe in stars, but come on mane... we have 4 1st rounder in this year's draft

On defense

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:02 AM
On defense

1st rounder at guard too

DownwardDawg
11-25-2018, 11:03 AM
FSU. That is Jimbo’s team. He may turn out to be the next Saban like you seem to think, but I will be shocked. I never thought Sumlin would amount to anything in the SEC and I think Jimbo is maybe a tad bit better but much more likely to cheat. I guess only time will tell.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:06 AM
FSU. That is Jimbo’s team. He may turn out to be the next Saban like you seem to think, but I will be shocked. I never thought Sumlin would amount to anything in the SEC and I think Jimbo is maybe a tad bit better but much more likely to cheat. I guess only time will tell.

I never said he'd be saban level. I said we would be a consistent 2-3 place sec west finish with NY6 bowls most years. Did you predict aTm at 8-4 this year? Take Clemson off their schedule, replace with Kansas state, and they're probably ny6 this year

WinningIsRelentless
11-25-2018, 11:09 AM
He was a missed illegal formation call away from being behind us in the standings.

ckDOG
11-25-2018, 11:10 AM
Ha, alrighty.

Wow. You're trying to level set Moorhead and Fisher with a dumbed down label. They aren't remotely close to apples to apples

Coming in to this season,

Jimbo Fisher Power 5 HC Record: 8 seasons / 83-23 / 3 conf championships / 1 natty

Joe Moorhead Power 5 HC Record: D/N/E

We hired a coordinator and we got a coordinator's learning curve. Moorhead did as well as any zero Power 5 HC experience coach with a significantly different offensive system than the predecessor's could do.

Yeah mistakes were made this year but to anyone paying attention you can see we worked through them and got better as Moorhead got more experience and better acquainted what his guys could and could not do. I'm not satisfied with the final results given the talent we had on D but I for sure expected bumps in the road with a virgin HC.

All that said, get out of jail card is gone and the transition excuse can't apply going forward. A significantly improved offense should be expected next year combined with a solid defense.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2018, 11:21 AM
I never said he'd be saban level. I said we would be a consistent 2-3 place sec west finish with NY6 bowls most years. Did you predict aTm at 8-4 this year? Take Clemson off their schedule, replace with Kansas state, and they're probably ny6 this year

I didn’t give them enough thought to predict their season. But since you asked, Croom should be able to coach aTm to 8-4 every year. Will Jimbo survive if he is a consistent 8-4 or 9-3? No

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 11:24 AM
I didn’t give them enough thought to predict their season. But since you asked, Croom should be able to coach aTm to 8-4 every year. Will Jimbo survive if he is a consistent 8-4 or 9-3? No

And let’s not pretend that Jimbo took over a dumpster fire either. Sumlin was fired for going 7-5 every year and fading late in the year, and but for seven overtimes Jimbo would’ve had the same record and suffered the same November swoon.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:26 AM
And let’s not pretend that Jimbo took over a dumpster fire either. Sumlin was fired for going 7-5 every year and fading late in the year, and but for seven overtimes Jimbo would’ve had the same record and suffered the same November swoon.

aTm was predicted 4th in west and o/u at 7. They exceeded every projection

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Yeah literally because of one game. We catch a pass against Florida and we exceed our o/u and meet the expectations to finish 2nd or 3rd in the West.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:31 AM
Yeah literally because of one game. We catch a pass against Florida and we exceed our o/u and meet the expectations to finish 2nd or 3rd in the West.

Exceeding by 1 win is a pretty deal with such a small number of games. It's the difference in a NY6 bowl for us and perhaps liberty bowl. aTm loses last night, and they aren't ranked... they'll now be solidly top 18.

ETA... that's aTm's first sec win over LSU, so yeah, pretty big deal

Ari Gold
11-25-2018, 11:38 AM
And LSU was suppose to go 7-5 and they won 9
Hell Summlin won 11 games one year at AM . They should be winning 8-10 games there every year
I dont give a **** if he wins 5 or 11 , as long as one loss is to Us.

bulldawg28
11-25-2018, 11:38 AM

They were not projected higher than A&M In high school. It's called player development.

defiantdog
11-25-2018, 11:40 AM
I hope this post was meant to trigger folks.... 8-4 ain't much to brag about. Coach O had LSU 9-4 last year and I didn't see any of these kinds of post for him.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:42 AM
And LSU was suppose to go 7-5 and they won 9
Hell Summlin won 11 games one year at AM . They should be winning 8-10 games there every year
I dont give a **** if he wins 5 or 11 , as long as one loss is to Us.

Ed O has done perhaps the best job in the sec this season

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 11:43 AM
NY6 every year Msstate7? What are you smoking? They struggled with Ole Miss for most of that game at home and beat Arkansas by 7. You are way over blowing what they did this year.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 11:47 AM
NY6 every year Msstate7? What are you smoking? They struggled with Ole Miss for most of that game at home and beat Arkansas by 7. You are way over blowing what they did this year.

I said most years, and obviously I'm predicting an upswing. They're #2 in recruiting this season, and #6 in 2020 (obviously early)

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 11:48 AM
They're not that good....relax

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 11:49 AM

WE BEAT TEXAS A&M BY 2 TDS

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Ha, alrighty.

If we played them today we would win by 2 TDs again. They are the same A&M they have always been. The officials won that game for them last night more than the they did. If they had lost that game you wouldnt have posted this garbage. Jimbo is one of the most overrated coaches in the country and underachieved at FSU.

Yes he won 1 natty but other than that year he underachieved and played teams drastically less talented than his on a near weekly basis (except when they played Clemson) and he lost way more than he should have.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 11:56 AM

I don’t think he’s going to acknowledge that simple fact

cheewgumm
11-25-2018, 12:05 PM
There?s nothing to acknowledge. I?m glad we beat AM. Congrats Coach Moorhead, good win.

I don?t even like Fisher, but they finished 2nd in the West. That?s impressive. I guess we?ll see Who has more talent when the NFL draft happens.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 12:07 PM

We're the better team. They have a better outlook though

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 12:16 PM
FWIW .. On paper Jimbo has much more talent:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Team/Texas-AM-Aggies-Football-459/Roster/

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Team/Mississippi-State-Bulldogs-Football-180/Roster/

Saltydog
11-25-2018, 12:36 PM
NT