PDA

View Full Version : Calling For Steve Shaw to be Fired or to Resign

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 12:51 AM
I've heard he's a great guy, but, if he were running a business or coaching a team, after the performance of SEC officials this season, he would be let go.

The officiating in this conference has become an absolute joke. It's become clear even in games in which I have no rooting interest.

Again, I'm sure he is a first class, great guy, but whatever reason his message has been lost or isn't being heard by the officials.

In the event that he isn't being given the resources, then give the man resources & then hold him accountable for meeting a standard.

It's become clear that fan bases across the conference have lost complete trust in how these games are being officiated & this wonderful conference deserves better.

The NFL doesn't have these type of problems that the SEC does with officiating & they fire people while also having full time officials.

It's become a joke & there is too much at stake in these games for this rubbish.

Fix it!

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2018, 12:52 AM
Lsu got raw dogged worse than anyone in a while.

redstickdawg
11-25-2018, 01:01 AM
I've heard he's a great guy, but, if he were running a business or coaching a team, after the performance of SEC officials this season, he would be let go.

The officiating in this conference has become an absolute joke. It's become clear even in games in which I have no rooting interest.

Again, I'm sure he is a first class, great guy, but whatever reason his message has been lost or isn't being heard by the officials.

In the event that he isn't being given the resources, then give the man resources & then hold him accountable for meeting a standard.

It's become clear that fan bases across the conference have lost complete trust in how these games are being officiated & this wonderful conference deserves better.

The NFL doesn't have these type of problems that the SEC does with officiating & they fire people while also having full time officials.

It's become a joke & there is too much at stake in these games for this rubbish.

Fix it!

My thoughts exactly, also make the officials publicly accountable after the games. We make amateur 18 year olds answer to the press but the officials often decide the outcome of the game as tonight and never have any repercussions.

TUSK
11-25-2018, 01:04 AM
Specifically, what triggered this? The LSU/A&M Game?

Mimi's Babies
11-25-2018, 01:07 AM
Specifically, what triggered this? The LSU/A&M Game?

MSU vs Bama is where the officiating really appeared one sided. BUT, when you go back and watch other games you see the
same bad calls in MANY games.....

LSU vs AM was awful tonight also.... That is why there were 7 OTs....

I have watched Jr. Refs better than SEC Refs for sure.

cheewgumm
11-25-2018, 01:09 AM
Sad to see us so jacked over calls in someone else?s game. This is what we depend on to make a good bowl!?

Get mad because we got beat by lesser teams, not because we didn?t get calls in a game we?re not even a part of.

TUSK
11-25-2018, 01:10 AM
MSU vs Bama is where the officiating really appeared one sided. BUT, when you go back and watch other games you see the
same bad calls in MANY games.....

LSU vs AM was awful tonight also.... That is why there were 7 OTs....

I have watched Jr. Refs better than SEC Refs for sure.

Yup, it's been systemic, this year....

If you get a chance, try to catch the replay of Bammer @ LSU... you'll be able to add that one to the list, for sure...

Lord McBuckethead
11-25-2018, 01:11 AM
Well aTm regardless was a half yard to a yard short on the 4th down play. Got to review that one. Didn't even get a look. Surprised they caught Monds knee down. Sternberner caught that ball kind of. I actually agree he never fully had it secured.

TUSK
11-25-2018, 01:14 AM
Well aTm regardless was a half yard to a yard short on the 4th down play. Got to review that one. Didn't even get a look. Surprised they caught Monds knee down. Sternberner caught that ball kind of. I actually agree he never fully had it secured.

I noticed that and was surprised...

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2018, 01:37 AM

Yellow line was wrong on TV on the 4th down play.

TUSK
11-25-2018, 01:39 AM
Yellow line was wrong on TV on the 4th down play.

that makes sense... thanks...

Alphadog
11-25-2018, 01:45 AM
The only call I saw that I thought was total bullshit was the PI at the end. But I didn?t watch the entire game. I have heard that the yellow line was wrong on the 4th down play and I had no problem with the pass to the TE being call incomplete instead of a fumble. However, how in the hell does AM play a 7 OT game and only have 3 penalties? By the way, there is a pic of the clocking play at the end of regulation and it sure does look like an illegal formation should have been call on aggies

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2018, 08:20 AM
The clocking play was an illegal formation.

maroonmania
11-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Pretty obvious that there is general incompetence across SEC officiating except when it comes to Bama where there is just plain old purposeful bias. Its a mess for sure and having a Bama alum being the SEC coordinator of officials just makes it that much worse. Don't know what has happened but this is as bad as I've seen it over the nearly 40 years I've watched SEC football which is saying something. Part of it though is that every SEC game is available for HD viewing which wasn't the case back in the day so there was no opportunity to see a lot of this.

99jc
11-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Sad to see us so jacked over calls in someone else?s game. This is what we depend on to make a good bowl!?

Get mad because we got beat by lesser teams, not because we didn?t get calls in a game we?re not even a part of.

don't try to make sense with this bunch. it all goes back to our shity offense. Just wait until next season. With this great defense gone our offense is going to have to step up. of course their will be those who will be happy making the LIBERTY BOWL WITH 6 WINS and dream of the next freshman QB who will be our savior. Moorhead needs to win 8-9 games next season anything less and we know what we have as a head coach.

Gutter Cobreh
11-25-2018, 09:42 AM
don't try to make sense with this bunch. it all goes back to our shity offense. Just wait until next season. With this great defense gone our offense is going to have to step up. of course their will be those who will be happy making the LIBERTY BOWL WITH 6 WINS and dream of the next freshman QB who will be our savior. Moorhead needs to win 8-9 games next season anything less and we know what we have as a head coach.

You're becoming unbearable. I may try that mute function, as you try and turn every thread into a negative one with the same narrative every time. Give it a rest.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 09:49 AM
https://twitter.com/ryancfowler/status/1066565698204377089?s=21

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 09:50 AM
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/1066547065558204418?s=21

gravedigger
11-25-2018, 10:01 AM

Fix it!

Problem is higher up. The ncaa should be more proactive in fixing. Redding is a has been and that ref that threw the PI and then his hat when the kid complained is the epitome of why. To say nothing of our games.

Oh, and for anyone longing for the good ole days, there never were any.

This segment of sports needs a manager from the professional ranks.

The Iron bowl was cringeworthy.

IMissJack
11-25-2018, 10:04 AM
The play that bothered me the most in the LSU game last night was the catch then fumble that was not reviewed at all. I did not understand the non-review since they had been reviewing everything else.

West Tn Dawg
11-25-2018, 10:30 AM

Now this is funny!
After you get so jacked up about how well Fisher did when in fact he did no better than us with supposedly lots better talent. AND WE BEAT HIM DUMB ASS!

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 11:57 AM
https://twitter.com/jeffduncan_/status/1066577003376189440?s=21

tcdog70
11-25-2018, 12:02 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffduncan_/status/1066577003376189440?s=21

In a hurry up situation the first thing a ref should look at is correct alignment by the offense. If I can spot it from my recliner just what in the hell are they looking at?

redstickdawg
11-25-2018, 12:32 PM
It is really hard to believe that every single call, and there were too many, at the end of the game went in Tamu's favor. I think that it is evident who the real 12th man was last night.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 12:37 PM
It is really hard to believe that every single call, and there were too many, at the end of the game went in Tamu's favor. I think that it is evident who the real 12th man was last night.

It was absurd.

I really wish I could put my finger on what the problem is, but IMO it points to the head guy. If Steve Shaw is unable to put together more effective officiating teams than this, then the SEC MUST find someone else.

IMO, there is just a general lackadaisical trend with SEC officials. Lack of attention to detail & the game moves to fast for him.

With the money the SEC is making, it's ridiculous to me that we can't have full time officials.

Heck, cross train full-time officials for different sports. To be a full time football official, you also have to do baseball. I understand that the conference doesn't want to employ full time officials that only work 4 months out of the year. I get that, but let's get creative & find a way.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2018, 12:57 PM
Nothing will change and we will continue to bitch and get screwed when its our turn to get it.

There is no mass problem in the SEC's eyes, the league knows exactly what its doing

Coursesuper
11-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Nothing will change and we will continue to bitch and get screwed when its our turn to get it.

There is no mass problem in the SEC's eyes, the league knows exactly what its doing

Yep, that's the sad part. The SEC is sitting on top right now doing exactly what it wants and how it wants to do it raking in the cash. This isn't going to last forever, the rest of the college football world is taking notice it's only a matter of time until they join together and gang up on the SEC. It might take ten years but it will happen because the bullshat that they are seeing weekly is just unbelievable.

MrKotter
11-25-2018, 01:26 PM

Just what this board needs. Another idiot proudly displaying their ignorance

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 02:05 PM
It was absurd.

I really wish I could put my finger on what the problem is, but IMO it points to the head guy. If Steve Shaw is unable to put together more effective officiating teams than this, then the SEC MUST find someone else.

IMO, there is just a general lackadaisical trend with SEC officials. Lack of attention to detail & the game moves to fast for him.

With the money the SEC is making, it's ridiculous to me that we can't have full time officials.

Heck, cross train full-time officials for different sports. To be a full time football official, you also have to do baseball. I understand that the conference doesn't want to employ full time officials that only work 4 months out of the year. I get that, but let's get creative & find a way.

The problem is politics.

And having SEC alumni officiate games. That's stupid.

redstickdawg
11-25-2018, 02:35 PM
The problem is politics.

And having SEC alumni officiate games. That's stupid.

Birmingham is the politics and the home of far too many officials. The officials must be free of any conflict of interest for 2 generations and this eliminates almost the entire pool in the region. We need unbiased officials and we are not going to find them in the SEC footprint area, we'll have to bring in yankees.

NCDawg
11-25-2018, 02:50 PM
The only call I saw that I thought was total bullshit was the PI at the end. But I didn?t watch the entire game. I have heard that the yellow line was wrong on the 4th down play and I had no problem with the pass to the TE being call incomplete instead of a fumble. However, how in the hell does AM play a 7 OT game and only have 3 penalties? By the way, there is a pic of the clocking play at the end of regulation and it sure does look like an illegal formation should have been call on aggies

You have no problem with the pass to the TE being called incomplete instead of a fumble? I totally disagree. It appeared to me the guy took 2 steps after catching the ball when he fumbled.

Alphadog
11-25-2018, 05:13 PM
You have no problem with the pass to the TE being called incomplete instead of a fumble? I totally disagree. It appeared to me the guy took 2 steps after catching the ball when he fumbled.

I think that call could have gone either way. It is so hard to determine what is a "catch" these days. Just ask AJ Brown. I think the TE probably did catch it and then fumble but the wording of the rules for a "catch" may say that it was incomplete. I guess if it was just 1 of the bad calls on LSU by itself, it wouldn't be that big of deal. But, for every call down the stretch to go against them was crazy.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2018, 06:21 PM
If they fired Steve Shaw, they would just hire some other Bama crony.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2018, 06:24 PM
Birmingham is the politics and the home of far too many officials. The officials must be free of any conflict of interest for 2 generations and this eliminates almost the entire pool in the region. We need unbiased officials and we are not going to find them in the SEC footprint area, we'll have to bring in yankees.

This

The SEC officiating system is one designed for 1960-80s logistics that has failed to adapt to the times.