PDA

View Full Version : Why is LSU not a ny6 bowl a forgone conclusion here?

msstate7
11-25-2018, 12:48 AM
They're still 9-3 and have a win over Georgia

HoopsDawg
11-25-2018, 12:49 AM
They're still 9-3 and have a win over Georgia

With a brutal schedule. UF and UGA out of the East + Miami. Maybe they can still get in.

MarketingBully
11-25-2018, 12:50 AM
So you think we are going to get 4 in the NY6?

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 12:50 AM
This is what I don't get. Why does this type of loss mean LSU is definitely out?

Add to that the fact that #8 and #13 both lost. Plus it's a 7 OT loss? That's gonna mean something when they start doing this process.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 12:51 AM
So you think we are going to get 4 in the NY6?

Who the 4? Florida, Georgia, LSU

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 12:53 AM
Who the 4? Florida, Georgia, LSU

Uh..Alabama..?

msstate7
11-25-2018, 12:54 AM
Uh..Alabama..?

Well I'd put them in the playoffs, but I guess you could leave them out. Ballsy move though

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2018, 12:55 AM
They shouldn't fall out of the top 12. Should be still in it unless championship game upsets. A&M will be in the Citrus and Outback talk now.

bluelightstar
11-25-2018, 12:55 AM
Well I'd put them in the playoffs, but I guess you could leave them out. Ballsy move though

That’s what people are talking about when they say we have 4 in the NY6. Because it would put 4 of our teams in committee-selected bowls..

No BS Dawg
11-25-2018, 12:56 AM
I think there is a good shot LSU gets one of the NY6 spots. Marquee name whose fan base travels exceptionally well and will buy a lot of tickets. This type of loss coupled with their body of work throughout the year puts them in the conversation at a minimum. Two teams behind them losing this weekend helps their cause too.

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2018, 12:57 AM

Most people have included the playoffs since it is the same bowls. Top 4 in the playoffs and then top 8 in the NY6. 4 sec teams

Bully13
11-25-2018, 12:59 AM
Uh..Alabama..?

Bamas gonna be in the group of 4, not the NY6 Six

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:04 AM
NY6: orange, peach (whatever it's called), fiesta, Rose, cotton, sugar

Playoffs not NY6

confucius say
11-25-2018, 01:16 AM
Who cares? Even if LSU is in ny6, Ky to citrus and Aggie to outback. We want go back to gator so it's Nashville for us. Aggie is ahead of us now.

BayouDawg
11-25-2018, 01:17 AM
NY6: orange, peach (whatever it's called), fiesta, Rose, cotton, sugar

Playoffs not NY6

Yes the playoffs are part of the 6. They rotate between the sites. I cant remember which are the playoffs this year. Orange and cotton?

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:18 AM
Who cares? Even if LSU is in ny6, Ky to citrus and Aggie to outback. We want go back to gator so it's Nashville for us. Aggie is ahead of us now.

Texas bowl, sec, and big 12 should be pushing Texas Texas a&m in Texas bowl

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 01:21 AM

Same record and we won head to head. Saying TAMU aid definitely ahead of us just feeds into a predetermined agenda of trying to make things look worse than they actually are.

Finishing ahead in conference doesn't necessarily mean ahead in bowl pecking order.

msstate7
11-25-2018, 01:21 AM
Yes the playoffs are part of the 6. They rotate between the sites. I cant remember which are the playoffs this year. Orange and cotton?

You right. I completely whiffed this.

confucius say
11-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Same record and we won head to head. Saying TAMU aid definitely ahead of us just feeds into a predetermined agenda of trying to make things look worse than they actually are.

Finishing ahead in conference doesn't necessarily mean ahead in bowl pecking order.

Same record? Aggie is 5-3 and we are 4-4. They are ahead of us. It's factual.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Same record? Aggie is 5-3 and we are 4-4. They are ahead of us. It's factual.

Same record. Both 8-4. Been plenty of times in the past where a team with one fewer conference win was selected ahead of team.

Not sure why people don't get this. Here's a hypothetical. You going to tell me a team that goes 6-6 and 4-4 in conference would go ahead of a team that's 7-5 but 3-5 in conference? It's not "oh this is 100% based on conference record. If it were the SEC would be begging the playoff committee to give UK the NY6 bowl instead of Florida because UK beat them head to head. Far more goes in to this than just conference record. Not hard really to understand.

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Same record. Both 8-4. Been plenty of times in the past where a team with one fewer conference win was selected ahead of team.

Not sure why people don't get this. Here's a hypothetical. You going to tell me a team that goes 6-6 and 4-4 in conference would go ahead of a team that's 7-5 but 3-5 in conference? It's not "oh this is 100% based on conference record. If it were the SEC would be begging the playoff committee to give UK the NY6 bowl instead of Florida because UK beat them head to head. Far more goes in to this than just conference record. Not hard really to understand.

Is there an example of the SEC pushing for a lower profile school that’s lower in the standings to get a better bowl because of a head to head win? Trying to think of when that might have happened recently

MetEdDawg
11-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Is there an example of the SEC pushing for a lower profile school that?s lower in the standings to get a better bowl because of a head to head win? Trying to think of when that might have happened recently

2016 bowl season. Kentucky lost to Georgia and they finished tied in the SEC standings which means Georgia finished ahead of Kentucky. Georgia went to the Liberty Bowl and Kentucky went to the Music City Bowl.

2017 Missouri lost to Kentucky head to head and finished tied in conference. Missouri went to the Texas Bowl and Kentucky went to the Music City Bowl. So regional implications are taken into account as well.

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 12:07 PM
2016 bowl season. Kentucky lost to Georgia and they finished tied in the SEC standings which means Georgia finished ahead of Kentucky. Georgia went to the Liberty Bowl and Kentucky went to the Music City Bowl.

2017 Missouri lost to Kentucky head to head and finished tied in conference. Missouri went to the Texas Bowl and Kentucky went to the Music City Bowl. So regional implications are taken into account as well.

Those were ties though. We would have to outright jump TAM because they have the better SEC record. In fact we would be jumping over the 2nd place team in the SEC West in TAM That was my question

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 12:16 PM
With all bowls being equal send A&M to the Gator, MSU to Outback, and Kentucky to the Citrus.

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 12:37 PM
With all bowls being equal send A&M to the Gator, MSU to Outback, and Kentucky to the Citrus.

Citrus gets first choice, the SEC doesn’t get to help set priority with the schools and Citrus bowl like they do with remaining bowl tie ins. The lynchpin is LSU and where they wind up in the final CFP ranking

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 12:51 PM
Citrus gets first choice, the SEC doesn’t get to help set priority with the schools and Citrus bowl like they do with remaining bowl tie ins. The lynchpin is LSU and where they wind up in the final CFP ranking

I understand that. I just don't think LSU is going to drop out of the CFB ranking past 11. And in my scenario you can certainly switch A&M and Kentucky as far as what bowls they are going to.

Really Clark?
11-25-2018, 01:01 PM
I understand that. I just don't think LSU is going to drop out of the CFB ranking past 11. And in my scenario you can certainly switch A&M and Kentucky as far as what bowls they are going to.

Yeah I don’t think so either unless some big upsets happen next weekend. But if you get a couple of upsets...chaos happens

RocketDawg
11-25-2018, 06:06 PM

Well, the playoff games aren't played on New Year's Day, so technically they're not part of the NY6.