PDA

View Full Version : Pruitt Firing His OC Already

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2018, 10:08 PM
This is the problem with hiring a Pruitt type coach. They simply have no idea what they want to do on offense & thus they can't recruit or build towards anything.

You simply can't be at Tennessee & think you're going to have Bama's offense or run the same scheme.

It's just hilarious to me that in under a year since he was hired, he has already reverted towards what we all expected.

He's a dumber Will Muschamp. Will did the same crap at Florida & it doesn't work.

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/1066527400748613634

msstate7
11-24-2018, 10:12 PM
Might wanna wait and see who he has lined up before criticizing him. Hopefully he isn't pulling briles from Houston or someone similar

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2018, 10:17 PM
Might wanna wait and see who he has lined up before criticizing him. Hopefully he isn't pulling briles from Houston or someone similar

It's more or less the point though.

Why didn't he have them lined up last year? Why didn't he have a plan for the offense when he was hired?

What makes you think that a guy that spent 20 years coaching & never came up with a plan for his offense would all the sudden discover the magic pill in 11 months?

You may be completely correct & he hires an awesome OC, but I've seen this song & dance too often with these guys to believe otherwise until I see it.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 10:20 PM
It's more or less the point though.

Why didn't he have them lined up last year? Why didn't he have a plan for the offense when he was hired?

What makes you think that a guy that spent 20 years coaching & never came up with a plan for his offense would all the sudden discover the magic pill in 11 months?

Mullen hired Carl torbush as his first DC. He then parted ways with him to get manny Diaz. Mullen clearly was in over his head, right?

TrapGame
11-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Mullen hired Carl torbush as his first DC. He then parted ways with him to get manny Diaz. Mullen clearly was in over his head, right?

Pruitt ain't near Mullen. We would have hired him if he was. Shotgun's right, Pruitt taking a shot in the dark. This bodes well for us next year up there.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:28 PM
Pruitt ain't near Mullen. We would have hired him if he was. Shotgun's right, Pruitt taking a shot in the dark. This bodes well for us next year up there.

Be careful. Lots of folks had UK, FL, and LSU as sure wins for us this year too. I kinda think that "dumb" country boy ain't as "dumb" as most want to believe.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 10:29 PM

I'm not saying he is equal to Mullen. I'll be very surprised if he is. All I'm saying is that criticizing a move before the corresponding move is made is a much bigger "taking a shot in the dark"

TUSK
11-24-2018, 10:31 PM
Be careful. Lots of folks had UK, FL, and LSU as sure wins for us this year too. I kinda think that "dumb" country boy ain't as "dumb" as most want to believe.

I'm not suggesting Pruitt is a Rocket Scientist, but he will "Andy Griffith" the shit out of ya....

Randolph Dupree
11-24-2018, 10:32 PM

Nope. He's a dumbass and his AD is a dumbass (just knows how to cheat). Pruitt might show a short term dividend but longer term (3-5yrs) dude will either fail or TN will be on probation

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2018, 10:32 PM

Mullen also developed a pretty consistent approach for what he wanted on defense and meddled in it pretty heavily (allegedly). We all bitched about his bend but don't break approach and how he tended to kill the aggressive side of what guys like Diaz and Collins wanted to do.

TrapGame
11-24-2018, 10:33 PM

It's not an act. He's dumb.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:33 PM
I'm not suggesting Pruitt is a Rocket Scientist, but he will "Andy Griffith" the shit out of ya....

I think he'll be ok at TN. He can handle the D. May take a year or 2 for him to get a handle on the O. He'll have time tho cause Fulmer ain't firing him anytime soon.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:34 PM
It's not an act. He's dumb.

You know this for a fact?

ETA: One of the dumbest sounding guys I ever knew graduated with a 3.95 in EE as MSU. Dude was pretty damn smart. I've also met a few aw shucks dudes that were rocket scientists too.

TrapGame
11-24-2018, 10:34 PM
I'm not saying he is equal to Mullen. I'll be very surprised if he is. All I'm saying is that criticizing a move before the corresponding move is made is a much bigger "taking a shot in the dark"

Well, Fedora is probably 99% getting canned at UNC. If I'm Pruitt he's my first call. As an OC he was pretty good at OK St.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 10:35 PM

Every coach in the sec save saban, smart, and Moorhead is dumb here

RocketDawg
11-24-2018, 10:37 PM

Yeah he is. He doesn't even know what asparagus is. **

dawgday166

I LOVE how our fanbase belittles everyone till we get our ass kicked by them a time or two **

Dawg61

He's worse. Pruitt is dumb as shit. You can tell by the little things he's doing at Tennessee he's gonna fail.

TrapGame

Have you watched one of his interviews?!! This guy ain't winning the East and if he wins 6 games next year it will be divine intervention involved.

dawgday166

He ain't paid to know what asparagus is.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:38 PM
Have you watched one of his interviews?!! This guy ain't winning the East and if he wins 6 games next year it will be divine intervention involved.

Read my ETA in my previous post.

RocketDawg
11-24-2018, 10:39 PM

Mullen isn't dumb; he just does some dumb things occasionally.

TrapGame

You forgot Mullen.**

The same people that belittle Joe can't wait to take up for way shittier coaches. Amazing.

msstate7
Mullen isn't dumb; he just does some dumb things occasionally.

It wasn't meant as a serious comment

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2018, 10:41 PM

More margin for error with the DC because the game actually requires scoring to win. If you could win by creating negative points with your defense, then defense would be more important.

Look at Oklahoma

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:41 PM
He's worse. Pruitt is dumb as shit. You can tell by the little things he's doing at Tennessee he's gonna fail.

Maybe so ... I think it's too early to tell. Sorta like Smart when everyone on here was saying he didn't know what he was doing his 1st year at Ga.

TrapGame
11-24-2018, 10:43 PM

ETA: One of the dumbest sounding guys I ever knew graduated with a 3.95 in EE as MSU. Dude was pretty damn smart. I've also met a few aw shucks dudes that were rocket scientists too.

He's no MENSA member. That's for sure.

Dawg61
11-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Maybe so ... I think it's too early to tell. Sorta like Smart when everyone on here was saying he didn't know what he was doing his 1st year at Ga.

It's not too early to tell.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:48 PM
He's no MENSA member. That's for sure.

Neither is the EE I'm talking about. Actually, I know 2 Mensa members ... both ain't got sense enough to pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. And I mean that seriously.

RocketDawg
11-24-2018, 10:51 PM
Neither is the EE I'm talking about. Actually, I know 2 Mensa members ... both ain't got sense enough to pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. And I mean that seriously.

I won't deny I've been mad as hell at Joe, but I believe he's gonna be alright. In fact, if we finish recruiting like it looks like we might, I'll be even more on board. You can't deny tho that our O output this year in 4 games were epic lows ... and from someone that is an offensive savant. He may need to tap into that some when making offensive adjustments going forward.

I think he was referring to Pruitt as not being a MENSA member, not Joe. Joe's a pretty sharp cookie.

Goldendawg
11-24-2018, 10:53 PM
Is Woody McCorvey still working? Good fit for Pruitt.***

dawgday166
You forgot Mullen.**

The same people that belittle Joe can't wait to take up for way shittier coaches. Amazing.

I won't deny I've been mad as hell at Joe, but I believe he's gonna be alright. In fact, if we finish recruiting like it looks like we might, I'll be even more on board. You can't deny tho that our O output this year in 4 games were epic lows ... and from someone that is an offensive savant. He may need to tap into that some when making offensive adjustments going forward.

TrapGame

If Pruitt hires a sharp OC I'll agree with ya. But, I just don't see it. And I'm willing to bet we see a significant uptick in our offensive output next season.

Randolph Dupree
11-24-2018, 10:54 PM

Pruitt will fail for two reasons: A- he is dumb. 2- he was hired to be a puppet for Fulmer; who figured he was dumb enough to accept the job to be his puppet.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:54 PM
I think he was referring to Pruitt as not being a MENSA member, not Joe. Joe's a pretty sharp cookie.

I fixed it. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Joe was a Mensa member LOL.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 10:56 PM
If Pruitt hires a sharp OC I'll agree with ya. But, I just don't see it. And I'm willing to bet we see a significant uptick in our offensive output next season.

I think you may be right on offensive output. May have about the same record but more consistency on O. Depend more than anything on QB tho IMO. Also, Joe learned some things this year I believe.

TrapGame
11-24-2018, 10:57 PM
I fixed it. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Joe was a Mensa member LOL.

Joe is sharp but sometimes he over thinks some things. I think we both can agree on that. I really think Joe will take his failures this season and make sure he doesn't repeat them next season.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 11:02 PM
Joe is sharp but sometimes he over thinks some things. I think we both can agree on that. I really think Joe will take his failures this season and make sure he doesn't repeat them next season.

Kinda like Cohen maybe (as a ball coach)?

LC Dawg
11-24-2018, 11:03 PM
There are a couple of posters on here that think Moorhead sucks and Pruitt and Chad Morris deserve multiple benefits of the doubt. And one thinks Jimbo Fisher is the next Saban. Nothing we can do but come back in a few years and see where we all stand.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 12:20 AM

I think more than anything he didn't know our players early in the year and what they could and couldn't do. He may have taken our experience for granted a little bit early in the year too- and maybe didn't focus enough on discipline for the Kentucky game. We all heard in the offseason about how it takes 5-6 games for players to get Joe's offense. That's pretty much what happened this year.

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 12:21 AM
Anyone else think that Pruitt may hire Longo?

msstate7
11-25-2018, 12:22 AM
Anyone else think that Pruitt may hire Longo?

That could happen. I wouldn't do it, but that could be the case

DancingRabbit
11-25-2018, 12:47 AM
I heard Pruitt's on field remarks right after the game. Threw the players under the bus.

TimberBeast
11-25-2018, 12:54 AM
There are a couple of posters on here that think Moorhead sucks and Pruitt and Chad Morris deserve multiple benefits of the doubt. And one thinks Jimbo Fisher is the next Saban. Nothing we can do but come back in a few years and see where we all stand.

And they are now Florida fans anyway so really don?t matter.

Cowbell
11-25-2018, 08:30 AM

After watching the calls that happened in that game last night, Jimbo might be the next Saban.

preachermatt83
11-25-2018, 09:11 PM
Pruitt will try to hire freeze

msstate7
11-25-2018, 09:15 PM

That would be a damn good hire if he can get it approved

TUSK
11-25-2018, 09:18 PM
FWIW, an Aubie buddy of mine said Freeze's name has come up down on Da Plains as an OC hire....

bulldawg28
11-25-2018, 09:40 PM
After watching the calls that happened in that game last night, Jimbo might be the next Saban.

Not happening. There is ONLY one Saban

Todd4State
11-25-2018, 09:53 PM
FWIW, an Aubie buddy of mine said Freeze's name has come up down on Da Plains as an OC hire....

I know he and Gus are friends but if the SEC isn't going to let Saban hire Freeze I highly doubt they will let Auburn hire him either.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2018, 12:30 AM
I know he and Gus are friends but if the SEC isn't going to let Saban hire Freeze I highly doubt they will let Auburn hire him either.

The SEC Office can strongly recommend that the hire should not be made, but they aren't going to just flat out tell Auburn they can't hire Freeze, because he was under a few game suspensions, and not a Show Cause. They will probably do the same as they did with Saban. Hiring Freeze now would not be good for the Alabama Football Program nor would it be good for the SEC. (So if you want to stay in a good relationship with the SEC Office then don't hire Freeze)

Dawg61
11-26-2018, 12:53 AM

I've been hearing rumblings of this as well. Gotta think Peyton has been talking to Archie and Eli and sending word to Fulmer to look at hiring Freezus.

DancingRabbit
11-26-2018, 01:02 AM
Rumors circulating about Hugh to WKU

yjnkdawg
11-26-2018, 01:03 AM

I don't think that will happen if the TN Football Program wants to stay in good graces with the SEC Office, unless the SEC Office has taken a different stance since Saban was interested in hiring Freeze.

Dawg61
11-26-2018, 01:09 AM
Oh man Freezus, Stansbury, Meo, Noah, Isaac and Josiah all eating Christmas dinner together this year. Wonder if Freezus will face time the family meal with recruits too.

fishwater99
11-26-2018, 12:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgmk_fHguMk