PDA

View Full Version : Hadn't seen this posted but ladydawgs absolutely destroyed Jackson State today

99jc
11-24-2018, 07:57 PM
105 - 38 I believe the score was. Had 90 points after 3 quarters. This team has it all 3 point shooters, inside game, and depth. Bibby and hunter can drain the 3. Can't believe how good Bibby is this year she played outstanding. Tiera could score 50 a game but Vic only uses her sparingly. Jessica Carter is going to be a beast. Hail State!

Dawgtini
11-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Good crowd too. We had a blast. HailState

LC Dawg
11-24-2018, 08:35 PM
Our women are in the unique position that a lot of the games they play aren't that beneficial to them. The can gain more from inter squad scrimmages but they don't count in the standings.
It's awesome to watch them play. Vic will get us a championship soon.

MaroonFlounder
11-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Apparently one of the young "ladies" on the JSU team shouted a "F bomb" in Tierra's face.

KOdawg1
11-24-2018, 08:55 PM
Carter has been a very good sub for Tierra. I love Campbell, but she just takes up space. Depth behind T was my main concern this year, but Carter has matched T's production when given the opportunity.

RocketDawg
11-24-2018, 09:16 PM
Apparently one of the young "ladies" on the JSU team shouted a "F bomb" in Tierra's face.

Did she get ejected?

99jc
11-24-2018, 10:11 PM
No but their was a double technical call on the JSU girl and Anriel Howard who was taking up for T.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-24-2018, 11:09 PM
Based on what I have seen so far this season, we are the class of the SEC and should win the conference out right. How far we go in the NCAAs is open for debate but anything less than a final four would be a disappointment. They are that good. Unlike football, high expectations for these Dawgs are realistic.

msbulldog
11-25-2018, 07:31 AM
And they collected a whole bunch of toys for Le Bonheur (sp?) children's hospital! Bless their hearts!

shannondawg
11-25-2018, 09:24 AM

Wasn't there but was told they weren't exactly ladies in how they played last night.

Bully13
11-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Were we using subs? Nothing wrong with slowing down in the 2nd half. Sorry, I see nothing productive or beneficial beating an in-state SWAC team by 67 points. Bad local PR IMO.

99jc
11-25-2018, 10:46 AM
I believe the subs played more than the starters.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Article on Yahoo projecting McCowan number 1 to Las Vegas to play with Wilson.

Dawg2003
11-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Hopefully, these games will help the team develop chemistry before playing Texas in a week. Of note, UConn struggled to beat St. John's who is unranked, and Texas only beat Quinnapiac by 2. South Carolina has already lost to Maryland and OSU. Mizzou has dropped 2 games to unranked teams and looks like hot garbage after losing their center.

DawgRockur
11-25-2018, 12:27 PM
Where was Johnnie Harris? Did not see her on the bench yesterday

dawgday166
11-25-2018, 12:34 PM
Still early. UConn will get their act figured out.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Myah Taylor getting a lot of PT. Vic is really trying to develop her. She has so much potential. Just needs more confidence and a better understanding of the game in general. Just needs experience. And she's got to learn to lead the team and offense, not just play the point guard position.

Andra Espinoza-Hunter can shoot the three. And has the length to get her shot off while guarded. Need her shooting ability. Has the ability to score in bunches. Can get hot and take over a game.

Jessika Carter coming along very well. Big T will get in foul trouble at some point, and Carter will be needed. I like her.

Anriel Howard is really good. Nice mid range jumper. Draws fouls. Her rebounding numbers will suffer because Big T vacuums up so many.

Jazzmun Holmes looks like herself. Not much on the outside shot, but defends and handles the ball.

Nyah Tate won't contribute much this year.

Zion Campbell just can't compete at the level we play at. She would be a dang good player at Ole Miss. But we are at a different level.

Chloe Bibby is much improved. She's the outside shooter we need. Good all around game. Dang good player. Can do a little bit of everything.

Jordan Danberry is quick. Can really drive to the basket, or get to her spot for a shot. Will be a huge part of everything we do this year. She's such a good athlete.

99jc
11-26-2018, 08:40 PM
Myah Taylor getting a lot of PT. Vic is really trying to develop her. She has so much potential. Just needs more confidence and a better understanding of the game in general. Just needs experience. And she's got to learn to lead the team and offense, not just play the point guard position.

Andra Espinoza-Hunter can shoot the three. And has the length to get her shot off while guarded. Need her shooting ability. Has the ability to score in bunches. Can get hot and take over a game.

Jessika Carter coming along very well. Big T will get in foul trouble at some point, and Carter will be needed. I like her.

Anriel Howard is really good. Nice mid range jumper. Draws fouls. Her rebounding numbers will suffer because Big T vacuums up so many.

Jazzmun Holmes looks like herself. Not much on the outside shot, but defends and handles the ball.

Nyah Tate won't contribute much this year.

Zion Campbell just can't compete at the level we play at. She would be a dang good player at Ole Miss. But we are at a different level.

Chloe Bibby is much improved. She's the outside shooter we need. Good all around game. Dang good player. Can do a little bit of everything.

Jordan Danberry is quick. Can really drive to the basket, or get to her spot for a shot. Will be a huge part of everything we do this year. She's such a good athlete.

I agree with everything you posted especially Zion...she looks so uncordinated compared to our other players. I really like Scott also a lot of hustle and can score.