PDA

View Full Version : The bowl game will be for our 83 win in last 10 years

Dawgfan77
11-24-2018, 02:34 PM
That?s damn strong. Next year will be 10 bowl games in a row...

Goldendawg
11-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Time to break the 8.3 yearly average. Take us to the top Jo! Hail State!

Dawgfan77
11-24-2018, 02:53 PM
From 99 to 09.. 52 wins. Crazy how far we have come. We are going to take that next step

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2018, 02:57 PM
From 99 to 09.. 52 wins. Crazy how far we have come. We are going to take that next step

The next step for us is to take our recruiting profile from about 18-25 to 13-17. That's about another 2-4 4/5 star players per year.

It sounds easy on paper, but that's going to require going to Louisiana, Alabama, GA, or FL & beating out the instate schools for a few players.

That's the next step. So close yet so far away

Dawgfan77
11-24-2018, 03:06 PM
The next step for us is to take our recruiting profile from about 18-25 to 13-17. That's about another 2-4 4/5 star players per year.

It sounds easy on paper, but that's going to require going to Louisiana, Alabama, GA, or FL & beating out the instate schools for a few players.

Agree. We need to try and get some of those this year committed elsewhere

RougeDawg
11-24-2018, 05:00 PM
That?s damn strong. Next year will be 10 bowl games in a row...

Should easily be 0.5-1 win higher per season if our previous coach had been coaching instead of interviewing most Novembers.

IMissJack
11-24-2018, 08:23 PM
Should easily be 0.5-1 win higher per season if our previous coach had been coaching instead of interviewing most Novembers.

Plus South Alabama.

gravedigger
11-24-2018, 09:02 PM

While Mullen certainly out recruited Croom, did our increased success really only match our rise in recruiting rankings? I say it surpassed it, which is to say I think Mullen outcoached the rankings.

I expect Joe to do the same. I think he needs smart possession receivers and 1 or 2 jump ball wrs. One decent rb that knows how to pass block.

What I don?t see him necessarily needing are the attention whore recruits that seem to be responsible for the high rankings and fan meltdowns every February.

Dawgfan77
11-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Here is my take. Because of a lackluster history in football we don?t get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to players. We recruit a lot of players that are underrated but if they were committed anywhere else would be rated higher. The most important is are we evaluating players that fit our scheme. Look at FSU, UT, hell ole miss. They all have a higher recruiting ranking than us but we are gonna be in our 9th bowl game in a row and playing next year for our 10th next year. While technically recruiting rankings are important they are very subjective

gravedigger
11-24-2018, 09:35 PM
Here is my take. Because of a lackluster history in football we don?t get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to players. We recruit a lot of players that are underrated but if they were committed anywhere else would be rated higher. The most important is are we evaluating players that fit our scheme. Look at FSU, UT, hell ole miss. They all have a higher recruiting ranking than us but we are gonna be in our 9th bowl game in a row and playing next year for our 10th next year. While technically recruiting rankings are important they are very subjective

Agreed. It?s the subjectivity of the classes between 15 and 35 that irk me the most. Any idiot knows Saban and Meyer and Smart are going to have great classes because their offers boost the stars.

Fitzgerald is an excellent example. Great for Mullen. Pedestrian for Moorhead. McSorley would be the opposite. Florida?s qb wasn?t the best fit. Fitz would have thrived in that offense.

Bottom line is that the buy in to a system is an element that talent level cannot replace.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2018, 09:45 PM
While Mullen certainly out recruited Croom, did our increased success really only match our rise in recruiting rankings? I say it surpassed it, which is to say I think Mullen outcoached the rankings.

I expect Joe to do the same. I think he needs smart possession receivers and 1 or 2 jump ball wrs. One decent rb that knows how to pass block.

What I don?t see him necessarily needing are the attention whore recruits that seem to be responsible for the high rankings and fan meltdowns every February.

I'd rather speed than possession guys or jump ballers.

We need speed that isn't trapped in a midget's body

Coursesuper
11-24-2018, 09:54 PM
I'd rather speed than possession guys or jump ballers.

We need speed that isn't trapped in a midget's body

True, you can't coach 6'5" and a 4.45 into a player but you sure can put it to go use if they have it.