PDA

View Full Version : What happens if Georgia beats Bama?

Cowbell
11-24-2018, 10:28 AM
I think this is a very real possibility. Everyone healthy, I think Bama rolls, but I think this could get interesting if Georgia gets to Tua early.

Does Georgia make the playoff? What domino effect would that have on our bowl game situation?

MetEdDawg
11-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Georgia makes the playoff if they win. So no domino effect really

But this Bama team is better than last year and this Georgia team is worse than last year. Bama will win big

RougeDawg
11-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Georgia makes the playoff if they win. So no domino effect really

But this Bama team is better than last year and this Georgia team is worse than last year. Bama will win big

The officiating should be much less obvious in SECC game. Had they been neutral in ours, little Nicky would have been sweating until 00:00. Are you saying on a neutral field we are better than Georgia? Neutra field and neutral officiating and we beat Bama this year.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 10:40 AM
If Michigan and Clemson win out, bama will be in a NY6 bowl. I'm crediting ND with a win tonight

MetEdDawg
11-24-2018, 10:46 AM
The officiating should be much less obvious in SECC game. Had they been neutral in ours, little Nicky would have been sweating until 00:00. Are you saying on a neutral field we are better than Georgia? Neutra field and neutral officiating and we beat Bama this year.

Yes I think we are. I think we would right now beat Georgia on a neutral field. There isn't a single team in that division that can generate a decent pass rush. We would be the nastiest their OL has seen.

Our offense has gotten significantly better. 17-14 type ball game I think we would win.

Mudhole
11-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Michigan drops out. Bama and Georgia get in, providing Georgia wins today

Matty Dispatch
11-24-2018, 10:52 AM
If Michigan wins out they will be in, they aren't going to leave out a Big 10 champ who only lost to undefeated Notre Dame on the road. Bama will be out if Clemson, ND and Mich win out. And UGA will be in - possibly leaping over Michigan to the 3 seed to face ND in the semifinal.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Michigan drops out. Bama and Georgia get in

Won't happen. Michigan will have a big 10 championship, equal best win with road win at Ohio st, and only loss at a playoff team vs a neutral site loss to a playoff team.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 10:57 AM
If Michigan wins out they will be in, they aren't going to leave out a Big 10 champ who only lost to undefeated Notre Dame on the road. Bama will be out if Clemson, ND and Mich win out. And UGA will be in - possibly leaping over Michigan to the 3 seed to face ND in the semifinal.

Yep

Dawg2003
11-24-2018, 10:58 AM
Bama gets in as the 4 seed.

Mudhole
11-24-2018, 10:59 AM
I hope you are right 7, I'd have a lot more faith in the cfp, but I believe bama will get in regardless. Too many TV sets for them not to

Leeshouldveflanked
11-24-2018, 11:00 AM
It would be UGa, BAMA, Mich and ND in playoff

msstate7
11-24-2018, 11:00 AM

You leaving out undefeated Clemson? Never happen

msstate7
11-24-2018, 11:01 AM
I hope you are right 7, I'd have a lot more faith in the cfp, but I believe bama will get in regardless. Too many TV sets for them not to

Michigan has a huge fanbase.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 11:04 AM

They'll put Bama in over somebody on that list. Guaranteed. That's why we have the "4 best teams" in CFP now. No kick sixes and BCS formula to keep Bama out. The "eye test" will always win out to get Bama in.

Bama ain't losing to Ga though. Ga D can't stop their offense. And Bama D won't have any penalties called against them. SEC will make sure Bama wins if above scenario plays out. Can't waste this offensive output by Bama and they not be in conversation to most folks as "best team evah". *

Mudhole
11-24-2018, 11:07 AM
You are right, they do. But not as big as bama. I think they get that fan base anyway with ND. It will get interesting if that happens

msstate7
11-24-2018, 11:11 AM
I don't think bama loses. I'm more interested in what happens if Ohio st wins out, bama wins out, and Oklahoma wins out. Ohio st or Oklahoma?

Mudhole
11-24-2018, 11:12 AM
Ohio state

Cooterpoot
11-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Hurts will be available now. He?s handled better GA teams. AL is going to roll.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 11:17 AM
Hurts will be available now. He?s handled better GA teams. AL is going to roll.

Do you mean better teams than this Ga team? Cause he's only played Ga once and he didn't do too good last year. But yea, he can probably handle this Ga team this year. Ga D is underwhelming. Kirby needs to come up with good game plan.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 11:18 AM
I don't think bama loses. I'm more interested in what happens if Ohio st wins out, bama wins out, and Oklahoma wins out. Ohio st or Oklahoma?

Don't want this to happen. Hoping for the best Ds to be in CFP.

Here's a scenario: GT beats Ga. Then Bama gets in regardless of who wins SEC Championship.

LC Dawg
11-24-2018, 11:20 AM
I don't think Bama would get in over Michigan but if they do you can bet your ass the committee will bring up back to back shutouts of LSU and Mississippi State. Never underestimate the power of the SEC office and phantom calls.

Matty Dispatch
11-24-2018, 11:26 AM
The fact, in this scenario, that Bama would be playing Georgia on a nuetral field in a game where the winner is guaranteed to get in the playoff and lost should be reason enough to leave them out. Assuming both win today, the SEC championship is a de facto play-in game. If you lose, that should be it for you. Why didn't you win on a neutral site when you had the chance?

RocketDawg
11-24-2018, 12:02 PM
What happens if Bama loses the Iron Bowl, and then loses to Georgia? They'd get relegated to a regular bowl, maybe against UCF. Such a game would be more interesting up until yesterday's devastating injury to the UCF QB (I understand he underwent emergency surgery).

It's not impossible for Auburn to win today. They did last year.

Homedawg
11-24-2018, 12:58 PM

What? No.

Homedawg
11-24-2018, 12:59 PM
What happens if Bama loses the Iron Bowl, and then loses to Georgia? They'd get relegated to a regular bowl, maybe against UCF. Such a game would be more interesting up until yesterday's devastating injury to the UCF QB (I understand he underwent emergency surgery).

It's not impossible for Auburn to win today. They did last year.

Yes it is. No chance. None.

Mutt the Hoople
11-24-2018, 01:08 PM
You want see NCAA chaos? Have both Auburn AND Georgia beat Alabama.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 01:16 PM

Here's a scenario: GT beats Ga. Then Bama gets in regardless of who wins SEC Championship.

I usually want the best defenses too, but Georgia-Oklahoma was one hell of a game last season. Oklahoma offense won't be shut down by anyone. Of course, they won't stop anyone either. I think Ohio st offense will score on anyone too

Sacrifice
11-24-2018, 01:16 PM
Looks like Jake Fromm maybe on the transfer list pretty soon. He's getting replaced more and more by the freshman qb.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 01:22 PM
Looks like Jake Fromm maybe on the transfer list pretty soon. He's getting replaced more and more by the freshman qb.

Fields gives Georgia a shot vs bama. I don't Fromm gives them as good a shot

msstate7
11-24-2018, 01:27 PM
See ya, Michigan

parabrave
11-24-2018, 01:48 PM
If you really want to screw the CPB up have SCw win tonight with Mich losing. Need the ghosts* of Anthony Davis and Pat Hayden to show up tonight.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 01:53 PM
If you really want to screw the CPB up have SCw win tonight with Mich losing. Need the ghosts* of Anthony Davis and Pat Hayden to show up tonight.

Bama, Clemson, Ohio state, Oklahoma

RocketDawg
11-24-2018, 01:54 PM

That scenario just went out the window. 38-7 at the half.

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 02:04 PM
I usually want the best defenses too, but Georgia-Oklahoma was one hell of a game last season. Oklahoma offense won't be shut down by anyone. Of course, they won't stop anyone either. I think Ohio st offense will score on anyone too

Only one team would shut them down but that team won't be in playoffs.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 02:06 PM
Only one team would shut them down but that team won't be in playoffs.

Maybe so... I think you short changing Clemson some though. Clemson and state are the best 2 defenses

msstate7
11-24-2018, 02:07 PM
I think I've sold Georgia short. I think next week is very much a game

dawgday166
11-24-2018, 02:08 PM
Maybe so... I think you short changing Clemson some though. Clemson and state are the best 2 defenses

I'll hold out on Clemson. You may be right. I haven't watched enough of them to know for sure.

TUSK
11-24-2018, 02:16 PM
I think I've sold Georgia short. I think next week is very much a game

UGA is hitting on all cylinders... it's looking like the SECCG/UGAvBammer is again the de facto NC....

msstate7
11-24-2018, 02:17 PM
UGA is hitting on all cylinders... it's looking like the SECCG is again the de facto NC....

I think the difference is your defense is better. If you give them a TO or 2 though, watch out

TUSK
11-24-2018, 02:27 PM
I think the difference is your defense is better. If you give them a TO or 2 though, watch out

yeppers.... some forced TOs and few explosive plays by UGA and it'll be a nail biter....

WSOPdawg
11-24-2018, 02:27 PM

Then let Northwestern beat Ohio State and Texas beat Choklahoma (again) next week. Chaos will reign.

TUSK
11-24-2018, 02:31 PM
Then let Northwestern beat Ohio State and Texas beat Choklahoma (again) next week. Chaos will reign.

This^.... would love to see that happen... so would UCF:rolleyes:

West Tn Dawg
11-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Only way Bama doesn't get in is if they lose to Auburn and GA. And with this bunch in charge don't count them out even then. Nicky will have a tantrum and give 5000 reasons why they should be in.

TimberBeast
11-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Only way Bama doesn't get in is if they lose to Auburn and GA. And with this bunch in charge don't count them out even then. Nicky will have a tantrum and give 5000 reasons why they should be in.

Correct, a one loss bama team is in period, doesn’t matter if that loss is this weekend or next.