PDA

View Full Version : A pretty good article

Mudhole
11-24-2018, 09:59 AM
If you haven't seen it

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2018/11/23/how-joe-moorhead-turned-into-coach-mississippi-state-fans-yearned/2090272002/

RougeDawg
11-24-2018, 10:26 AM
As much as the Clarion liar sucks, this article is pretty much sums up this boards sentiment to a T. This was the most talented team we have had in my lifetime and it is hard to swallow 8-4 silver lining is that the end of season trend points to better days.

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2018, 10:50 AM
This team has some stellar talent, but it is not evenly distributed across the position groups, not even close. That is something that kind of gets lost when most media and fans talk about us. I said 8-4 coming in. We lost one I thought we would win, Kentucky, and won one I thought we would lose, Auburn. We went 3-1 in games I thought could go either way. If Mullen had stayed we probabaly would have won the other toss up, simply because he wouldn't have been coaching them. We may or may not have beaten Kentucky, that was a freaking ambush game. We weren't beating LSU down there or Bama anywhere. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. 8-4 with a chance to win 9 for the second year in a row is nothing to sneeze at at MSU. Sure I would have liked to have done better, but history says not to be upset at 8-4. Some of you won't really understand this, but no matter how bad the Confederates are no season that ends with a victory over them is ever a completely bad one. Neither is one that ends with a loss to them a completely good one, see 2014.

maroonmania
11-24-2018, 11:33 AM
I think Moorhead will do very well as our HC going forward but I don't buy into his championship or bust mantra. Had we gone 10-2 with a New Year's Day bowl this year then I think we would have all been as happy as pigs in slop. To keep throwing up the one championship in 76 years (plus he keeps ignoring our SEC West title in 98) is unnecessary and IMO tends to belittle our program. If the only successful season for Moorhead will be winning the SEC then he is going to be thinking of himself as a failure a lot during his tenure here. There is much more to a successful season for us than just winning an SEC title.

Percho
11-24-2018, 11:51 AM
I like this, by Jo!

I understand we didn’t perform up to standard in four of our games, but I know what it takes to get there.”

Goldendawg
11-24-2018, 01:37 PM
As much as the Clarion liar sucks, this article is pretty much sums up this boards sentiment to a T. This was the most talented team we have had in my lifetime and it is hard to swallow 8-4 silver lining is that the end of season trend points to better days.

100%. Still disappointed over KY and FL and what should have been. 8 - 4 was our floor in my opinion.

Goldendawg
11-24-2018, 01:56 PM
I think Moorhead will do very well as our HC going forward but I don't buy into his championship or bust mantra. Had we gone 10-2 with a New Year's Day bowl this year then I think we would have all been as happy as pigs in slop. To keep throwing up the one championship in 76 years (plus he keeps ignoring our SEC West title in 98) is unnecessary and IMO tends to belittle our program. If the only successful season for Moorhead will be winning the SEC then he is going to be thinking of himself as a failure a lot during his tenure here. There is much more to a successful season for us than just winning an SEC title.

In Jo's after the game press conference, he alluded to his winning 4 championships in his career. What, where, and when were they?