PDA

View Full Version : Best guess Bowl selection at this time.........

Pit Bull
11-24-2018, 06:38 AM
...but things could change drastically if Michigan beats Ohio St. and UGA beats GaTech. MSU and MIZZOU will finish the same and could swap bowls, but you know the Liberty will push hard for us. Just depends. KY and UF could swap bowls too. But records mean NOTHING once you are past the Sugar Bowl. The last 9 bowls can pick who they want w/ the Citrus getting the 3rd pick guaranteed. After Citrus, the last 8 bowls tell the SEC office who they want. Not much we can do about it other than bitch a little. Birmingham and Indy get the next to last and last respectively if teams are available and it looks like they will be. Our national rank could help a bit in negotiations, but I doubt much.

BAMA......CFP (Peach or Fiesta)
UGA........Sugar
LSU........Citrus
UF...….....Outback
KY...….....Gator
SC...….....Belk
MSU........Liberty
MIZZOU...Music
TAMU......Texas
AUB...…...Birmingham
UT/VU.....Indy

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2018, 06:50 AM
Well damn. Maybe one of these years we can get to Orlando or Tampa.

The only SEC team I see losing today is SC.

Bama will dominate Auburn. LSU over aTm.

Pit Bull
11-24-2018, 07:00 AM

I think we could have had we won one more game. Losing to UF was our worse loss, but even at that, I'm not sure the Florida bowls like us that much anyway. They know the Gators will bring a crowd. KY had a great year and their fans are very excited, thus will travel as well as us or better. This is just my guess. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. BTW, SC scheduled a game with Akron to make up the game they lost due to the hurricane. They will play it the weekend of the SECCG. So, they will likely have 7 wins.

Nikedog
11-24-2018, 07:32 AM
I think we could have had we won one more game. Losing to UF was our worse loss, but even at that, I'm not sure the Florida bowls like us that much anyway. They know the Gators will bring a crowd. KY had a great year and their fans are very excited, thus will travel as well as us or better. This is just my guess. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. BTW, SC scheduled a game with Akron to make up the game they lost due to the hurricane. They will play it the weekend of the SECCG. So, they will likely have 7 wins.

The only problem with this that Fla and LSU will be in New Years 6.

Tbonewannabe
11-24-2018, 07:43 AM
The only problem with this that Fla and LSU will be in New Years 6.

LSU wins and they are in NY6 and UF probably with a win. PAC12 now will get 2 in but that might have happened anyway. We need Oklahoma to win next week so UT doesn't take up another spot.

msstate7
11-24-2018, 08:10 AM

You could make you some money then on LSU. aTm is a 3.5 pt favorite.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Liberty wants MO.

BulldogBear
11-24-2018, 08:21 AM
Nashville friends tell me Music City will take Vandy/Vol winner.

msudawg1200
11-24-2018, 08:51 AM
As long as both LSU and UF win they are NY6 bound, and we go to the Outback. If one or both lose who knows.

MetEdDawg
11-24-2018, 08:53 AM
We aren't going to the Liberty Bowl folks. There was a graphic on after our game that showed potential teams from both conferences. We were not one of the SEC logos listed.

We are going to a much better bowl. We have 8 wins which means if SC loses we automatically get a better bowl than them because they only have 6.

100% need LSU to win though. They will go NY6 and we will go Citrus or Outback.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2018, 09:01 AM
Outback vs MSU or Citrus vs PSU are the most likely

Jarius
11-24-2018, 09:02 AM
...but things could change drastically if Michigan beats Ohio St. and UGA beats GaTech. MSU and MIZZOU will finish the same and could swap bowls, but you know the Liberty will push hard for us. Just depends. KY and UF could swap bowls too. But records mean NOTHING once you are past the Sugar Bowl. The last 9 bowls can pick who they want w/ the Citrus getting the 3rd pick guaranteed. After Citrus, the last 8 bowls tell the SEC office who they want. Not much we can do about it other than bitch a little. Birmingham and Indy get the next to last and last respectively if teams are available and it looks like they will be. Our national rank could help a bit in negotiations, but I doubt much.

UGA........Sugar
LSU........Citrus
UF...?.....Outback
KY...?.....Gator
SC...?.....Belk
MSU........Liberty
MIZZOU...Music
TAMU......Texas
AUB...?...Birmingham
UT/VU.....Indy

Florida and LSU are going to NY 6 bowls barring a loss today. We are a heavy favorite to go to the outback bowl right now.

WinningIsRelentless
11-24-2018, 09:21 AM

UGA........Sugar
LSU........Citrus
UF...….....Outback
KY...….....Gator
SC...….....Belk
MSU........Liberty
MIZZOU...Music
TAMU......Texas
AUB...…...Birmingham
UT/VU.....Indy

If that?s your best guess read more post less.

DogsofAnarchy
11-24-2018, 09:27 AM

UGA........Sugar
LSU........Citrus
UF...?.....Outback
KY...?.....Gator
SC...?.....Belk
MSU........Liberty
MIZZOU...Music
TAMU......Texas
AUB...?...Birmingham
UT/VU.....Indy

This is completely wrong. MSU is going to the Outback Bowl most likely with a slight chance at the Citrus.

gravedigger
11-24-2018, 09:27 AM

UGA........Sugar
LSU........Citrus
UF...….....Outback
KY...….....Gator
SC...….....Belk
MSU........Liberty
MIZZOU...Music
TAMU......Texas
AUB...…...Birmingham
UT/VU.....Indy

So you either don?t understand how the whole thing works, or you are a vendor for ballgames in Memphis.

Johnson85
11-24-2018, 09:33 AM
This is completely wrong. MSU is going to the Outback Bowl most likely with a slight chance at the Citrus.

What are you basing this on? Has the outback been telling people they're interested? Or does the sec have an unofficial policy of letting the school with the best record to pick among the pool of six bowls?

KOdawg1
11-24-2018, 09:52 AM
The MSU in me thinks we get screwed out of Outback or Citrus and gets sent to the Belk bowl or something. Since they're all "equal."

Todd4State
11-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Outback Bowl is my guess against Michigan State.

Penn State is my second guess.

Pit Bull
11-24-2018, 11:49 AM
If that?s your best guess read more post less.

TAMU beats LSU and FSU beats UF......you can now help yourself and post a whole lot less.

GreenheadDawg
11-24-2018, 12:01 PM
TAMU beats LSU and FSU beats UF......you can now help yourself and post a whole lot less.

Neither will happen

Dawgology
11-24-2018, 12:10 PM
Everything I’ve heard in administration is prepare for the Outback bowl. I’m sure with some untimely losses it could push us elsewhere though. Outback really wants a MSU vs Penn matchup. Badly want it. Seriously politicking for it.

WSOPdawg
11-24-2018, 12:11 PM
The BEST bowl possible for M-State occurs by having (1) Mullen and the Gators beat FSU to reach 9 wins and (2) LSU beating aTm to reach 10 wins and keeping LSU at 7 wins. This assures Bama, UGA, UF & LSU with NY6 or better bowls leaving the Citrus and Outback open for us potentially.

parabrave
11-24-2018, 02:24 PM
Well you have to look at the Bowls games in this way. The Cotton and Orange are the playoffs. The Rose will revert to Big 10-Pac 12 with the big ten rep loser of the MIch OHst game.
Sugar. UGA vs Big 12 or ten
Fiesta Pac 12 vs Big 12
Peach LSU vs UCF or best non Power 5 team

UF to Citrus, KY to Outback Ugggg hello Jacksonville.

Or they will just take the top 12 and place them in the NY6 games like they are supposed to do.

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2018, 02:58 PM
Ohio state is going to upset Michigan. However I?m sure those two teams will just swap spots in polls. Essentially.....

It seems the committee always looks for a way to get Ohio st in the playoff.

TUSK
11-24-2018, 03:16 PM
Ohio state is going to upset Michigan. However I?m sure those two teams will just swap spots in polls. Essentially.....

It seems the committee always looks for a way to get Ohio st in the playoff.

I bet OSU jumps UCF and LSU gets to the #6 slot... If UGA loses the SECCG, that'll set up either OSU or Okie for the #4 CFP spot, I think...

Jarius
11-24-2018, 03:18 PM
Oklahoma has no business in the CFB playoff. Their defense is complete trash.

Tbonewannabe
11-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Oklahoma has no business in the CFB playoff. Their defense is complete trash.

Didn't realize they even had a defense.

DogsofAnarchy
11-24-2018, 03:28 PM
I bet OSU jumps UCF and LSU gets to the #6 slot... If UGA loses the SECCG, that'll set up either OSU or Okie for the #4 CFP spot, I think...

Home boy and me agree again!!

msudawg1200
11-24-2018, 03:38 PM
Well you have to look at the Bowls games in this way. The Cotton and Orange are the playoffs. The Rose will revert to Big 10-Pac 12 with the big ten rep loser of the MIch OHst game.
Sugar. UGA vs Big 12 or ten
Fiesta Pac 12 vs Big 12
Peach LSU vs UCF or best non Power 5 team

UF to Citrus, KY to Outback Ugggg hello Jacksonville.

Or they will just take the top 12 and place them in the NY6 games like they are supposed to do.

It works nothing like you posted. The Rose does take the best Big 10 vs PAC 12 let’s say Ohio State vs Washington. The kink could be OU making the Top 4. Let’s say that happens, so according to the contracts after the playoff selections the Sugar takes the highest ranked SEC and Big 12 teams in the CFP rankings. Let’s say Georgia vs Texas. Next you have the G5 team UCF. That leaves 3 spots for the NY6 which would be the next 3 highest ranked teams. Right now LSU is 7. Win and they are in. Florida won big and was 11. The big questions is how far does Michigan and Wash State fall, and how far does Ohio State move up. Michigan won’t fall behind Florida. I say Wash State who was 8 drops below UF. If not it’s probably UF out and to the Citrus, UK to Outback, and us to the Texas. If LSU loses we are probably out for the Outback.

curmudgeon
11-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Everything I?ve heard in administration is prepare for the Outback bowl. I?m sure with some untimely losses it could push us elsewhere though. Outback really wants a MSU vs Penn matchup. Badly want it. Seriously politicking for it.

MSU is seriously politicking for the Outback, but Michigan's loss doesn't completely screw things up but we can have zero upsets next weekend other than UGA-Bama.

Oklahoma making the playoff would guarantee the top ranked non-playoff SEC team against the top ranked non-playoff Big 12 team. Basically, Ohio State's win took 2 spots. There are 2 open slots for Florida, LSU and Washington State now. LSU is in with a win over A&M. So the final spot would be between Florida and Washington State - whoever ends up higher in the CFP poll. If Florida gets that nod, then Outback is it with Citrus in play if Louisville upsets Kentucky.

But if Northwestern or Pitt pull an upset, they would take Florida's spot in the NY6 - sending everyone down a game. If both NW and Pitt win, it sends everyone down two spots. Get this - LSU could find itself in the Outback Bowl even with a win tonight if upsets galore happen. Citrus is taking Florida if Gators aren't in the NY6.

NO MORE UPSETS (except Louisville over Kentucky!)

msstate7
11-24-2018, 05:21 PM
MSU is seriously politicking for the Outback, but Michigan's loss doesn't completely screw things up but we can have zero upsets next weekend other than UGA-Bama.

Oklahoma making the playoff would guarantee the top ranked non-playoff SEC team against the top ranked non-playoff Big 12 team. Basically, Ohio State's win took 2 spots. There are 2 open slots for Florida, LSU and Washington State now. LSU is in with a win over A&M. So the final spot would be between Florida and Washington State - whoever ends up higher in the CFP poll. If Florida gets that nod, then Outback is it with Citrus in play if Louisville upsets Kentucky.

But if Northwestern or Pitt pull an upset, they would take Florida's spot in the NY6 - sending everyone down a game. If both NW and Pitt win, it sends everyone down two spots. Get this - LSU could find itself in the Outback Bowl even with a win tonight if upsets galore happen. Citrus is taking Florida if Gators aren't in the NY6.

NO MORE UPSETS (except Louisville over Kentucky!)
I'm not sure Oklahoma in over Ohio st is a done deal