PDA

View Full Version : UCF QB

Activated Alpha
11-23-2018, 05:16 PM
Been watching the UCF game and their 1st string QB, Milton, just went down with a gruesome leg injury. Looked similar to Alex Smith's injury. It was bad. Hate it for the kid because he is a big part of their success, even if they're in the American conference.

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 05:20 PM
Had what appeared to be an air cast on it. Broken perhaps.

Did you hear what a CBS announcer said about Alex Smith's injury during yesterday's game" Something like "broke his drumstick". That's pretty tasteless.

BulldogBear
11-23-2018, 05:21 PM
What channel is that on?

Activated Alpha
11-23-2018, 05:22 PM
What channel is that on?

ESPN 2

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 05:28 PM
ESPN 2

No, it's just the regular ESPN.

parabrave
11-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Leg was turned around at the knee. It was worse than nicks injury. There are going to be alot more of these injuries in the future because of the targeting rule. Players are taught to go low to avoid targeting. Also there are now what I call rolling tackles ALA Nicky Fitz tackles where the defender usually a DB hits the ground infront of the ballcarrier and rolls into them. This is more dangerous than an upperbody hit.

stalkingpoon
11-23-2018, 06:27 PM
Hate it for McKenzie. Such a good kid and talented too. Hopefully UCF can hold on and beat Memphis next weekend.

lefty96
11-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Looks like he tore one of everything in his knee. Real ugly.

Lord McBuckethead
11-23-2018, 08:14 PM
Leg was turned around at the knee. It was worse than nicks injury. There are going to be alot more of these injuries in the future because of the targeting rule. Players are taught to go low to avoid targeting. Also there are now what I call rolling tackles ALA Nicky Fitz tackles where the defender usually a DB hits the ground infront of the ballcarrier and rolls into them. This is more dangerous than an upperbody hit.

Well, I have noticed every UM guy does this, but they specifically roll into the legs other than away.

parabrave
11-23-2018, 09:02 PM
Well, I have noticed every UM guy does this, but they specifically roll into the legs other than away.

They are doing it in the NFL now. Both the NCAA and the NFL are going to have to redefine what is targeting. If they don't there are going to be more of these career ending injuries.

Pit Bull
11-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Someone needs to develop some type of lower leg and knee armor for players to wear which will prevent or limit the severity of these injuries.

parabrave
11-23-2018, 09:55 PM
Someone needs to develop some type of lower leg and knee armor for players to wear which will prevent or limit the severity of these injuries.

Yeah it's called two flags attached to your belt by velcro. Hey legs only bend so many ways

Activated Alpha
11-23-2018, 11:15 PM
I agree it's a difficult situation where you either protect the upper body/head or try to prevent lower leg injuries. I just can't see any way league officials could do anything other than flag football