PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions for Bowl Game

Topbulldawg
11-23-2018, 03:44 PM
I saw it linked before, but the rules seem pretty clear there is not an automatic suspension for the ejections last night. The rules does state they will reviewed for additional punishment. I don't believe they will suspend anyone else, including Abrams. The precedent was set earlier in the year with Raekwon Davis that throwing punches during the same wasn't something they would suspend for (he wasn't suspended by the SEC, just the team). I couldn't imagine a slap (not a punch) to the face or taking off someones helmet could be construed as being worse than what Raekwon Davis did.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2018, 03:55 PM
I saw it linked before, but the rules seem pretty clear there is not an automatic suspension for the ejections last night. The rules does state they will reviewed for additional punishment. I don't believe they will suspend anyone else, including Abrams. The precedent was set earlier in the year with Raekwon Davis that throwing punches during the same wasn't something they would suspend for (he wasn't suspended by the SEC, just the team). I couldn't imagine a slap (not a punch) to the face or taking off someones helmet could be construed as being worse than what Raekwon Davis did.

CJM needs to release a statement that it's being handled internally and no further action is needed.

Todd4State
11-23-2018, 03:57 PM
CJM needs to release a statement that it's being handled internally and no further action is needed.

Have them run one lap around the field with the Egg Bowl trophy.

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 04:57 PM

I?m sure they could squeeze in a short trip to Haiti between now and bowl game, to right the wrongs.

Political Hack
11-23-2018, 06:09 PM

Golden.

Jack Lambert
11-23-2018, 06:36 PM
What about number 38 for Ole Miss. If our guys are suspended shouldn't he be for the first game next season?