PDA

View Full Version : 12 PPG Allowed is damn good!!!

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 01:49 PM
In this day of high octane offenses, only yielding 12 points per game is pretty damn amazing. Even in our blowout wins historically, teams usually score some garbage points because our 2nd and 3rd string guys have a noticeable drop off. Not this year. We have some quality depth on defense that should help us to 8 wins minimum next year. The offense will determines how many more wins we get.

Before the season I predicted we would average giving up 13 PPG. This was the basis for me also predicting 10-2 minimum season. Figured we would score enough against all team except Bama and slip up against LSU or auburn.

msstate7
11-23-2018, 01:51 PM
It's unbelievably good. It's bama level, and that's the highest compliment in college football since saban got there. We have outstanding talent, but you don't pull that off with talent alone... hats off to shoop and staff

shoeless joe
11-23-2018, 03:09 PM
Which is why overall this was a disappointing season.

LC Dawg
11-23-2018, 03:36 PM
We gave LSU an extremely short field for their td, muffed a punt at Bama for them a short field, refs missed a fumble at Bama in what ended up a td drive and our punting sucked all year.
All this and still only 12 a game.
Awesome job.

dotcomdawg
11-23-2018, 03:51 PM
...and we only allowed 12 touchdowns ALL YEAR

In this day of high octane offenses, only yielding 12 points per game is pretty damn amazing. Even in our blowout wins historically, teams usually score some garbage points because our 2nd and 3rd string guys have a noticeable drop off. Not this year. We have some quality depth on defense that should help us to 8 wins minimum next year. The offense will determines how many more wins we get.

Before the season I predicted we would average giving up 13 PPG. This was the basis for me also predicting 10-2 minimum season. Figured we would score enough against all team except Bama and slip up against LSU or auburn.

Bully13
11-23-2018, 04:13 PM
And end the regular season giving up 37 yds rushing and 189 total. They were 0-11 in 3rd down conversions.

Also, we had some bad offensive games that have to be factored in to these fantastic numbers.