PDA

View Full Version : Neal "Not A Fan" McCready say, "The rivalry needs to take a year or two off."

Mutt the Hoople
11-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Yet, just last year, Not-A-Fan say we got what we deserved.
https://olemiss.rivals.com/news/mccready-mississippi-state-probably-got-what-it-deserved

The money quote from last year's article:
Thursday night’s blowout win at Mississippi State assured that this group will be remembered fondly....31-28 is NOT a blowout.

Todd4State
11-23-2018, 12:34 PM
I think I know the REAL reason why he wants the rivalry to take a year or two off. He knows what's going to happen to them in the Egg Bowl the next two years.

Jacksondevildog
11-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Their fans are about to ?take a year or two off? from that program and then that will hurt Neal?s board for ?a year or two? then Neal may be looking for a new job for ?a year or two?.

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 01:05 PM
He is part of the reason it?s so bitter. His ignorant idiotic ramblings have that bunch ready to torch our village. They?ll never a acknowledge that it was not us who got them hammered. If we had that power, they would be on eternal probation because we turn in evidence against them almost every year. That?s why they got hammered. The Georgia, Bama, and Michigan accusations finally matched what we had been turning over for years, so the ncaa actually perked up and slapped them on the wrist.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2018, 01:13 PM
He's a little irrelevant twat. Nuff said.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2018, 01:14 PM
So they wanna take their football and go home? Bunch of losers and quitters. They're showing who they are.

Schultzy
11-23-2018, 01:17 PM
He knows that program has dark days ahead, theyre in like Croom yr 2 level bad. Next year promises to be so bad they cant even start looking for a new HC yet.

MarketingBully
11-23-2018, 01:20 PM
As painful as last year’s 31-28 loss was, it got Fat Luke the job and secured him for at least three years of running that program further into oblivion and those idiots are paying him $3.5 million a year.

Jack Lambert
11-23-2018, 01:21 PM
Well maybe Ole Miss should just leave the SEC then.

Todd4State
11-23-2018, 01:23 PM
If he really want the rivalry to take a couple of years off I have some suggestions.

1. Leave the SEC.

2. Keep cheating, get caught, and get the death penalty.

Bully13
11-23-2018, 01:34 PM
As painful as last year’s 31-28 loss was, it got Fat Luke the job and secured him for at least three years of running that program further into oblivion and those idiots are paying him $3.5 million a year.

3.5M? LMAO.. And how much is JOMO making? LMAO. And it looks like shitbirds are stuck with Luke another year. I can't believe the SEC has a team with a HC who never even coordinated and wasn't even an above avg Line Coach.

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 01:57 PM
So they wanna take their football and go home? Bunch of losers and quitters. They're further confirming who they are.

FIFY

shannondawg
11-23-2018, 01:59 PM
Only one left.

BulldogBear
11-23-2018, 05:04 PM
He's exactly right. This rivalry should have taken 1-2 years off. But the NCAA has no stones.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2018, 05:06 PM
FIFY

You're right that is better!

STATEBALLIN
11-23-2018, 05:48 PM
https://olemiss.rivals.com/news/mccready-mississippi-state-probably-got-what-it-deserved

Thursday night’s blowout win at Mississippi State assured that this group will be remembered fondly....31-28 is NOT a blowout.

Never heard of her.

Todd4State
11-23-2018, 05:50 PM
He's exactly right. This rivalry should have taken 1-2 years off. But the NCAA has no stones.

This is so true.

Again, all of this shows that they are bullies. And when you stand up to a bully like our players and coaches did- they back down and want to "take a couple of years off."

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 05:51 PM

Thursday night?s blowout win at Mississippi State assured that this group will be remembered fondly....31-28 is NOT a blowout.

Dumbass McElroy said the same thing last night about last year being a blowout win for the KlanSharts.

dawgoneyall
11-23-2018, 06:27 PM
He is really a disgusting human being.

Glad he doesn't want his daughter to attend MSU.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2018, 06:36 PM
He is really a disgusting human being.

Glad he doesn't want his daughter to attend MSU.

C'mon, dude....literally zero reason to bring his daughter into this. I'm sure she'd be a great addition to the university; maybe some interaction with MSU peeps that doesn't revolve around "sports twitter" will make him realize how stupid/shortsighted he sounds...

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 06:37 PM

The game at least needs to be moved to another part of the season. Preferably first part or if not the middle.
"I'm not a fan" thought everything was fine last year, and didn't mention anything about changing that. Hotty Toddy Jerk (McCready)..

dawgoneyall
11-23-2018, 06:40 PM
C'mon, dude....literally zero reason to bring his daughter into this. I'm sure she'd be a great addition to the university; maybe some interaction with MSU peeps that doesn't revolve around "sports twitter" will make him realize how stupid/shortsighted he sounds...

He brought his daughter into this...keep up.

Should he have brought his daughter into this...probably not but that is totally on him....defend something crazy elsewhere.

DeputyDawg94
11-23-2018, 06:44 PM
You can’t make a dumba$$ not dumba$$. It’s their nature. It’s like handling a snake and then getting pissd off cuz it bit you. It’s what they do.

Bully13
11-23-2018, 06:48 PM
The game at least needs to be moved to another part of the season. Preferably first part or if not the middle.
"I'm not a fan" thought everything was fine last year, and didn't mention anything about changing that. Hotty Toddy Jerk (McCready)..

I'm not sure I'd be a fan of moving the game to another part of the season or to another site. Believe me, I'm not too comfortable with the degree of hate and the melees that have occurred throughout the series. This isn't recent hate though. Remember why the Golden Egg was created in the first place. Can you imagine fans on the field knocking the shit out of each other?

Hell, when my dad was at State, Memphis got their 1st SEC win on our field. The Memphis fans stormed the field and tried to tear down our goal posts. The problem was though is that there were thousands of men armed with cowbells that took to arms and proceeded to flood the field to oppose them. The goal posts remained in tact and 4 Memphis fans spent the night at the hospital.

It's just an ugly part of the game and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Neal's suggestion is cowardly and stupid.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure I'd be a fan of moving the game to another part of the season or to another site. Believe me, I'm not too comfortable with the degree of hate and the melees that have occurred throughout the series. This isn't recent hate though. Remember why the Golden Egg was created in the first place. Can you imagine fans on the field knocking the shit out of each other?

Hell, when my dad was at State, Memphis got their 1st SEC win on our field. The Memphis fans stormed the field and tried to tear down our goal posts. The problem was though is that there were thousands of men armed with cowbells that took to arms and proceeded to flood the field to oppose them. The goal posts remained in tact and 4 Memphis fans spent the night at the hospital.

It's just an ugly part of the game and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Neal's suggestion is cowardly and stupid.

Maybe not moving it, but moving it could possibly relieve some late season tension and somebody wouldn't have the "Egg Bowl" as their bowl game. The rivalry has gotten out of hand. When people start talking about players taking other players out (doing physical and maybe permanent damage) and then laughing about it,football has become too important in their life.

DLGDawg
11-23-2018, 07:30 PM

Thursday night?s blowout win at Mississippi State assured that this group will be remembered fondly....31-28 is NOT a blowout.

That article reminds me of how Roy McClain predicted an article from the Clarion Liar would come out basically saying, "can't we all get along". Sure enough, the article soon came out.

This all stemmed from when Coach Sherrill told them to back off or he was gonna turn in evidence he had gathered. Brewer didn't listen and Coach Sherrill lowered the boom on them and scUM went on major probation in 1996(approximately).

So Mcready basically has reworded "can't we all get along" to "we need to chill out". They just want us to let them do their thing and leave them alone. But they'll squeal like a pig at the drop of a hat.

I'm sure I have butchered this story. Someone who remembers all this back in the mid 90's, please chime in.

As far as the bitterness of this rivalry right now....sure, Mullen poked the fire. But them making it a point to buy our recruits has added just as much hatred as anything. All the way back to the Mississippi Grand Slam while we were at the Gator Bowl playing Michigan. In fact, since the Egg Bowl has moved out of Jackson, the record is basically even, or maybe we're one game up? It's the recruiting battles that is creating all the bitterness. Add in the internet age with different websites, writers that make the opposing fans madder than a wet hen, thats just throwing gas on the fire.

Lord McBuckethead
11-23-2018, 07:59 PM
This is so true.

Again, all of this shows that they are bullies. And when you stand up to a bully like our players and coaches did- they back down and want to "take a couple of years off."

Boom. That is exactly right.

mstatefan91
11-23-2018, 08:05 PM

He?s usually the one that brings up his daughter. It?s quite weird

mstatefan91
11-23-2018, 08:07 PM
He brought his daughter into this...keep up.

Should he have brought his daughter into this...probably not but that is totally on him....defend something crazy elsewhere.

Yep and he’s made conflicting statements about it. He once told someone that MSU fans would be why his daughter wouldn’t be attending MSU and then two months later he claimed that no fan base anywhere would be an influence on his daughter’s college choice. Again, he brought it up. Nobody else.

maroonmania
11-23-2018, 08:34 PM
Talk about a group that can dish it out but not take it, I mean geez. This is the same group that will 'fins up' you in the face with every tackle they make (still can't figure out how that is not taunting), will forearm hammer slam your QB to break his ankle, will pretend to pee on your field, will plant their flag in the middle of your field (they started it), will taunt your crowd with every big play and will have guys commit to your school so they can merry flipmas them from you. Yet, if anyone does any of these things back to them they want to take their ball and go home? Suck it Rebs!

BeardoMSU
11-23-2018, 08:57 PM
He?s usually the one that brings up his daughter. It?s quite weird

Not saying it isn't, but still no need for us to...

The dad is a dipshit...we can all agree on that; no need to talk about the daughter.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Yep and he’s made conflicting statements about it. He once told someone that MSU fans would be why his daughter wouldn’t be attending MSU and then two months later he claimed that no fan base anywhere would be an influence on his daughter’s college choice. Again, he brought it up. Nobody else.

You're absolutely correct. I've even heard him talk about how good of a job MSU does of academically recruiting students (his daughter being one), and how superior our efforts are compared to OM. That being said, this is the first thread that I can remember a poster actually bringing up his daughter, so it's not like it's been some battle we've been fighting as a board, lol. This isn't some war of attrition I'm trying to wage. Grown ass men shouldn't worry about where high school girls go to college, even if those same high school girls have dickbags for fathers.

mstatefan91
11-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Not saying it isn't, but still no need for us to...

The dad is a dipshit...we can all agree on that; no need to talk about the daughter.

Agreed to an extent but nothing has been said here that he hasn’t willingly put on twitter..

Anyway

mstatefan91
11-23-2018, 09:02 PM
You're absolutely correct. I've even heard him talk about how good of a job MSU does of academically recruiting students (his daughter being one), and how superior our efforts are compared to OM. That being said, this is the first thread that I can remember a poster actually bringing up his daughter, so it's not like it's been some battle we've been fighting as a board, lol. This isn't some war of attrition I'm trying to wage. Grown ass men shouldn't worry about where high school girls go to college, even if those same high school girls have dickbags for fathers.

Again that’s fine. I’m done with it. Will even delete my posts cause I don’t care too terribly much about it. Just didn’t want it looking like state fans made that statement. He did

dawgoneyall
11-23-2018, 09:04 PM
Agreed to an extent but nothing has been said here that he hasn?t willingly put on twitter..

Anyway

He is just being himself.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2018, 09:05 PM
Again that’s fine. I’m done with it. Will even delete my posts cause I don’t care too terribly much about it. Just didn’t want it looking like state fans made that statement. He did

It's all good, man. My initial comments were obviously directed towards someone else. No worries.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2018, 09:06 PM
He is just being himself.

Ok, puddin.

Goldendawg
11-23-2018, 09:18 PM
That's why they call it a rivalry. At least we haven't had a "fan" poison the grove. Vandalism has most recently been done on our campus. They can dish it out, but can't take it. Have been whining about losing since 1865!

TUSK
11-23-2018, 09:23 PM
That's why they call it a rivalry. At least we haven't had a "fan" poison the grove. Vandalism has most recently been done on our campus. They can dish it out, but can't take it. Have been whining about losing since 1865!

This^.... When a "football rivalry" actually has a "body count", that's the time to have concerns... maybe.

Bully13
11-23-2018, 09:26 PM
This^.... When a "football rivalry" actually has a "body count", that's the time to have concerns... maybe.

Hey Tusk, do Iron Bowls generally have fights and shit amongst fans? Based on what you know, how would you compare the intensity of hate between the 2 rivalries?

Goldendawg
11-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Tusk, I consider our rivalry with UM to be almost as intense as bama and AU. Your take?

TUSK
11-23-2018, 09:35 PM
Hey Tusk, do Iron Bowls generally have fights and shit amongst fans? Based on what you know, how would you compare the intensity of hate between the 2 rivalries?

There's not much ill will among the players... they are pretty "professional" about the thing (pardon the pun)....

Among the fans (at times), it's psychotic and literally murderous. I witnessed what I was a potential homicide at AU for the Iron Bowl (it was the first one at Auburn). I've not seen, read, or heard of a more ridiculous sports rivalry (in the US)....

TUSK
11-23-2018, 09:37 PM
Tusk, I consider our rivalry with UM to be almost as intense as bama and AU. Your take?

Y'all's is worse than UA/AU between players, imo....

see my other post, buddy....

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 09:37 PM
There's not much ill will among the players... they are pretty "professional" about the thing (pardon the pun)....

Among the fans (at times), it's psychotic and literally murderous. I witnessed what I was a potential homicide at AU for the Iron Bowl (it was the first one at Auburn). I've not seen, read, or heard of a more ridiculous sports rivalry (in the US)....

It seems to have calmed down a bit recently though, dontcha think?

TUSK
11-23-2018, 09:42 PM
It seems to have calmed down a bit recently though, dontcha think?

Yeah, when there is a huge disparity between the programs, it's not as bad... In the late 80s and 90s it got a lil whacky... and again in the late 2000s....

There are ebbs and flows....

I'd imagine Token might have a good take on this if he's out there lurkin'....

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 09:44 PM
Yeah, when there is a huge disparity between the programs, it's not as bad... In the late 80s and 90s it got a lil whacky... and again in the late 2000s....

There are ebbs and flows....

I'd imagine Token might have a good take on this if he's out there lurkin'....

Not only that, Alabama has so many sidewalk fans. This is an engineering town, and I don't think I know a single Auburn fan anymore. Rarely see an Auburn sticker or flag.

TUSK
11-23-2018, 09:45 PM
Not only that, Alabama has so many sidewalk fans. This is an engineering town, and I don't think I know a single Auburn fan anymore. Rarely see an Auburn sticker or flag.

Be glad UT sucks, buddy.... or you would be in a free fire zone.

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 09:50 PM
Be glad UT sucks, buddy.... or you would be in a free fire zone.

Yeah, I remember back in the 70s and 80s that there were as many Tennessee fans as there were Auburn and Alabama. The local paper even treated Tennessee like a local team in their coverage. That was before all the local papers essentially shut down.

TUSK
11-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I remember back in the 70s and 80s that there were as many Tennessee fans as there were Auburn and Alabama. The local paper even treated Tennessee like a local team in their coverage. That was before all the local papers essentially shut down.

Phuckin' Communists!!!!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Orange!

mstatefan91
11-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Back to topic. It is just painful and hilarious to watch Neal try to be unbiased on twitter while being biased in his writing (and sometimes on twitter). I don’t blame him. OM gave him a degree and basically gave him his career.. just own up to it. The only shame in it is the constant denial and temper tantrums he throws over it.

Pit Bull
11-24-2018, 12:50 AM
3.5M? LMAO.. And how much is JOMO making? LMAO. And it looks like shitbirds are stuck with Luke another year. I can't believe the SEC has a team with a HC who never even coordinated and wasn't even an above avg Line Coach.

Think JoMo is at 2.7 or 2.8 mil. He negotiated his lesser pay to pay his other assistants more to come. I personally would like to keep the staff in place if possible......as long as Joe is ok with them. Staff stability is very important. Every time you lose several assistants, it sets you back a bit.

RougeDawg
11-24-2018, 10:28 AM

I highly doubt it. Doctors will find a cure for cancer and Alzheimer?s before they ever find a cure for delusion.

Mutt the Hoople
11-24-2018, 01:24 PM
The Auburn-Alabama rivalry is like a big rattlesnake, while the Mississippi State-om rivalry a baby rattlesnake. We may not have as much venom, but it's far more poisonous.

Goldendawg
11-24-2018, 01:29 PM
Y'all's is worse than UA/AU between players, imo....

see my other post, buddy....

Tusk, just remembered, not a rivalry between UA and AU players because y'all don't have many bama players as you recruit nationwide!**** Not focused on anyone until the playoffs. Sidewalk fans here in NE MS and NW AL say y'all never lose. Act kind of bored about all regular season games.

TUSK
11-24-2018, 01:35 PM
The Auburn-Alabama rivalry is like a big rattlesnake, while the Mississippi State-om rivalry a baby rattlesnake. We may not have as much venom, but it's far more poisonous.

Rattlesnakes are not "poisonous", Mutt... I know, I've eaten one....

You city folks........******