PDA

View Full Version : I thoght the officiating last night was pretty good

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 10:48 AM
They missed a couple that I can think of: The late hit wasn't a late hit ... he pulled up and barely touched the guy. McElroy was wrong that it was a full-force hit. And worst of all, they let the expired clock go on on OM's "TD" which ultimately resulted in the melee. I can't fault them too much for getting the numbers of players wrong for expulsion in the short time they had. Things were happening fast at that time.

But overall, there was no obvious bias which led to terrible calls and non-reviews like there was in the Alabama game. That one was up there with the early 2000s BYU game when they brought their own conference refs. I suppose Alabama did too in that game though ....

BiscuitEater
11-23-2018, 11:12 AM
Agree, but history will only recall the botched end of 3rd quarter call. Get it right and there's no brawl.

Sienfield
11-23-2018, 12:39 PM
What was the call on the players that were ejected? Unsportsmanlike conduct requires two of those to be ejected in a game. All players on both teams received the unsportsmanlike conduct I think. Say two players get in a fight during a game, how does one get an unsportsmanlike penalty and the other gets ejected? There seemed to be dozens of players fighting so what was called on the players that were ejected?

gravedigger
11-23-2018, 01:02 PM
They missed a couple that I can think of: The late hit wasn't a late hit ... he pulled up and barely touched the guy. McElroy was wrong that it was a full-force hit. And worst of all, they let the expired clock go on on OM's "TD" which ultimately resulted in the melee. I can't fault them too much for getting the numbers of players wrong for expulsion in the short time they had. Things were happening fast at that time.

But overall, there was no obvious bias which led to terrible calls and non-reviews like there was in the Alabama game. That one was up there with the early 2000s BYU game when they brought their own conference refs. I suppose Alabama did too in that game though ....

If simply appearing to be unbiased is all you need that is a low standard.

They ejected 2 players they shouldn?t have and failed to eject 3 they should have. That all because they weren?t paying attention to the actual game clock to blow the play dead.

They blew the late hit call on 5.

No, they were terrible.

Jack Lambert
11-23-2018, 02:03 PM
I am fairly sure the SEC had a sit down with that crew before the game and said make sure you get it right. I still can' t believe they reviewed the clock and waived off the TD. That's proof the Refs was making sure that play on the field won the game and not the stripes