PDA

View Full Version : Did Joe just officially win the fan base

Dawgfan77
11-23-2018, 09:49 AM
Not only the win but they F bomb to the asst AD and the we don?t take shit form them comments. I think , myself included, even his harshest critics were won over last night

And per my sources we should have some really really good news next week

99jc
11-23-2018, 09:53 AM
I know he did me and this saying a lot. I want him to succeed and I think he took a big step towards what it takes to win in the SEC West. next season will tell a lot.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2018, 09:56 AM
I think even his harshest critics would say that he adapted his offense to win the game last night and he stood up for MSU and didn't back down from UM's bullshit. I am personally really proud of the way the team kicked ass and didn't take any Shit.

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 10:05 AM
I think even his harshest critics would say that he adapted his offense to win the game last night and he stood up for MSU and didn't back down from UM's bullshit. I am personally really proud of the way the team kicked ass and didn't take any Shit.

I never got away from supporting him, but his post game actions last night solidified it. I think in the space of 4 hours last night he came to realize what the SEC and particularly that game is all about, and he fully embraced it.

dawgoneyall
11-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Yes.

msbulldog
11-23-2018, 10:08 AM
He get's my vote!

MetEdDawg
11-23-2018, 10:12 AM
He had my vote going in. Last night confirmed him to me. And it also showed how in less than a year he showed us that it doesn't matter where you are from. What is your personality, your attitude, and your drive? He's smart but he's also got the fire and the passion when he needs it.

The only thing you could hammer Joe on is our offensive output in some games. Everything else he gets an A or higher grade. Tells me we hired the right guy for our university.

basedog
11-23-2018, 10:15 AM
8 wins, 4-4 in the Sec, dominated Cheater U, chance for 9 wins with a nice bowl trip. I like, Joe proved he isn't soft, his team improved going forward this year.

But there will always be naysayers, some will never be satisfied. Just saying.

Sacrifice
11-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Hell yeah, when I first saw "the fire" I thought it may be a little fake but after last night no sir, coach has some fire in his belly and it's sincere and I love it!

I think he stepped in and thought our passing game would be more devolped than what it was.

They said during the broadcast last night that Joe has been really working with Fitz on reading coverages and he's been making great strides the last few weeks.

To me that's amazing, we have a 5th year sr that hasn't been taught how to read secondary coverages properly. Did Mullen not teach this? Was most of our qb reads in the passing game predetermined?

If that's the case, I'm even more excited about next season.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Hell yeah, when I first saw "the fire" I thought it may be a little fake but after last night no sir, coach has some fire in his belly and it's sincere and I love it!

I think he stepped in and thought our passing game would be more devolped than what it was.

They said during the broadcast last night that Joe has been really working with Fitz on reading coverages and he's been making great strides the last few weeks.

To me that's amazing, we have a 5th year sr that hasn't been taught how to read secondary coverages properly. Did Mullen not teach this? Was most of our qb reads in the passing game predetermined?

If that's the case, I'm even more excited about next season.

I'm not satisfied & believe this team could've/should've won more games than it did, but I also believe that JoMo is absolutely the right guy for the job going forward. He's a good football coach.

Additionally, while I believe there are certainly jobs Joe would leave for, I don't think he views MSU as a stepping stone job. I think he has every intent of winning a championship here.

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2018, 10:33 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/l1ughbsd9qXz2s9SE/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bf81e323971625673d9368d

Commercecomet24
11-23-2018, 10:45 AM
For those that thought JoMo was to laid back I think that's been put to rest. This man came from a part of the country and a family who had to work their butts off for everything they had. His dad worked 3 jobs to help put his kids through college. You don't come from that background and just let people push you over. Joes a fighter and competitor. Oh and since LSU game Fitz is completing 62% for 11 tds and zero ints. JoMo is a dang good coach and man.

DogsofAnarchy
11-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Not only the win but they F bomb to the asst AD and the we don?t take shit form them comments. I think , myself included, even his harshest critics were won over last night

I’m all in. He has earned it! Great Job by Coach Joe and the team!!

Cooterpoot
11-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Everybody in the NE learns to cuss like a sailor before they walk. You should see my social media from last night. I kinda got out of hand.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2018, 10:54 AM
8 wins in a transition year, with a guy not familiar with the SEC, running a bit of a pass first offense with power running players? Plus he recruits like a pro and cusses. Sounds like a good situation to me.

Lord McBuckethead
11-23-2018, 10:57 AM
I never understood the "where you are from" stuff. What makes you a STATE guy is not where you were born, but how you were raised and your approach to life. State people are different than UM people. We are people that do things. We are blue collar. Our best college is the engineering school. These guys make something. We are producers and inventors. UM people are consumers.

It never matters where you are from, it's the mentality of your character and JoMo has it.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2018, 11:27 AM
I never understood the "where you are from" stuff. What makes you a STATE guy is not where you were born, but how you were raised and your approach to life. State people are different than UM people. We are people that do things. We are blue collar. Our best college is the engineering school. These guys make something. We are producers and inventors. UM people are consumers.

It never matters where you are from, it's the mentality of your character and JoMo has it.

Great post! This is us vs them in a nutshell and who WE are as State people!

TrapGame
11-23-2018, 11:47 AM

Well put.

Joe won over the fan base 100% last night, on and off the field. I'd run through a brick wall for that SOB right now.

turtlesnacks
11-23-2018, 11:57 AM

well you can?t just leave us hanging like that, what?s the good news about? i?m also surprised nobody else said anything lol.

Bully13
11-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Hope he didn't upset Cohen by cussin'. ****

Also, my anxiety over never hearing JOMO's F-Bombs on Peters' twitter has officially been lifted.

Political Hack
11-23-2018, 01:10 PM
I'm all in. (not like Auburn all in, but all in on JoMo).

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 01:33 PM
I was critical of him earlier in the year for not adapting before Florida, after we looked putrid against Kentucky. I did it think he would adjust, mainly because the orevoues HC was so stubborn.

I was wrong. Joe adapted and asjusted while these players never gave up or packed it in. Credit is due for everyone for getting to 8-4 after those bad losses. Hopefully the trajectory from LSU to end of season is real and the players are finally getting this offense. Still have to clean up the drops, but the trend from LSU to last night, has eased any anxiety about the 2019 season.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2018, 02:00 PM
I was critical of him earlier in the year for not adapting before Florida, after we looked putrid against Kentucky. I did it think he would adjust, mainly because the orevoues HC was so stubborn.

I was wrong. Joe adapted and asjusted while these players never gave up or packed it in. Credit is due for everyone for getting to 8-4 after those bad losses. Hopefully the trajectory from LSU to end of season is real and the players are finally getting this offense. Still have to clean up the drops, but the trend from LSU to last night, has eased any anxiety about the 2019 season.

I think he thought that UK was an outlier and the offense wouldn't have the same issues. With all of the penalties, UK was just a tough game. UK has a good defense and starting a lot of series with a 1st and 15 was a recipe for disaster. To give the coaches credit, we improved going forward after LSU.

West Tn Dawg
11-23-2018, 04:01 PM
Hell yea! I wasn't making any judgments on him until at least the end of next year.
After last night, he is MY Coach!!!
Not only did we win the game but he stood for MSU and his players and now the sharts hate him. Thats all I needed!

DownwardDawg
11-23-2018, 04:24 PM
What did he say last night? I’m on vacation. Have limited time to keep up!!!

West Tn Dawg
11-23-2018, 04:29 PM
There were sevral thhings he did and said last night, but the biggest one for me was when he said " we want to play with class and integrity, but we ain't taking there shit!"