PDA

View Full Version : NCAA rules state Peters, Dantzler and Gay will have to miss the first half of the

99jc
11-23-2018, 09:22 AM
bowl game.

BhamDawg205
11-23-2018, 09:27 AM
I must have missed what did Dantzler do? Maybe those great refs miss the 8 in 38 like the missed the 0.00? Well hopefully they fix it, can't be missing both starting CBs.

Coursesuper
11-23-2018, 09:28 AM
This can all be reviewed by the conference and if I was our AD I’d be wearing Sankey out on that one. If there’s no play then this situation doesn’t happen. They instigators got off without a penalty time to pull the pug on it and move on.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2018, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure 2 unsportsmanlike penalties won't keep Willie out. Now Jamal yes. When the SEC reviews the film Cam will probably be re-instated & Abram suspended.

Gutter Cobreh
11-23-2018, 09:33 AM
This presents a perfect opportunity for the SEC offices to pay us back for the Bama game officiating and go to bat for us to give these guys a reprieve. Doubt it happens, but would be nice if they had that kind of pull.

They could also go silent like they did on the explanation because by the time the bowl rolls around, no one will even remember the ejections.

Johnson85
11-23-2018, 09:33 AM
I don't get what Peter's was supposed to do. Corral was locked into his face mask. But if peters and abram and corralnare all suspended for a half, then that doesn't seem crazy. If they let corral skip just because they're not bowl eligible, that's BS.

99jc
11-23-2018, 09:34 AM
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1065835397316526085

I have to give Moorhead another season now without badmouthing him after watching this.

MarketingBully
11-23-2018, 09:36 AM
I'm pretty sure 2 unsportsmanlike penalties won't keep Willie out. Now Jamal yes. When the SEC reviews the film Cam will probably be re-instated & Abram suspended.

That’s what I’m thinking too IYOK. I’d also think they’d reinstate 38 on OM and retroactively punish Corrall and Brown (which won’t matter). SEC officiating is such a joke.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 09:42 AM

Could happen, but it just substantiates what a joke SEC on the field officiating is if they do that. I think AJ initiated that whole crap show.

coastratdog
11-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Wish Peters had thrown 2's helmet into the stands.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 09:45 AM
I don't get what Peter's was supposed to do. Corral was locked into his face mask. But if peters and abram and corralnare all suspended for a half, then that doesn't seem crazy. If they let corral skip just because they're not bowl eligible, that's BS.

Add AJ to the list.

Saltydog
11-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Round picks! You might put Jenkins in the mix and if Peters is out half anyway he may sit?er out too!

Cooterpoot
11-23-2018, 09:49 AM
The fact a blanket penalty was called on the entire team, is a damn joke in and of itself. That's some bullshit and the SEC already owes us. I look for Peters to be the only one out.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2018, 10:16 AM
Round picks! You might put Jenkins in the mix and if Peters is out half anyway he may sit?er out too!

They will all play

Saltydog
11-23-2018, 11:38 AM
for high draft picks.

Sienfield
11-23-2018, 12:19 PM

Can they change players in the middle of a suspension? One player already served half the suspension.

BulldogBear
11-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Both schools need to complain. Even worse than suspensions, what if somebody had gotten hurt?

...on a play that developed slowly enough to have a reasonable expectations that it should have been blown dead. Play should never have happened. How do you miss the quarter ending?

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 01:49 PM
The fact a blanket penalty was called on the entire team, is a damn joke in and of itself. That's some bullshit and the SEC already owes us. I look for Peters to be the only one out.

That's because they were clueless on what went on. AJ should have been the first one suspended. I guess they were trying to cover their butt on the blanket penalty call. I have never seen or heard of that crap until last night. This just makes SEC officiating look more like a clueless circus than it already was.

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Both schools need to complain. Even worse than suspensions, what if somebody had gotten hurt?

...on a play that developed slowly enough to have a reasonable expectations that it should have been blown dead. Play should never have happened. How do you miss the quarter ending?

We were discussing this last night watching. With the technology we have how does the quarter run out and that play ever happen? We have a horn in basketball and a shotclock red light that goes off. Hockey has the same shit. How do we not have a large red flashing light when the quarter ends an okay cloak expires. To add an additional layer why not put beeper type buzzers in the referees pockets that starts vibrating when either clock expires? If the referees in the near conference in football are too stupid and incompetence to do something so similar, take it out of their hands and add a horn.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2018, 02:02 PM
In the Vandy UF earlier this year they called unsportsmanlike conduct on every player on both teams and uf lost a player cause it was his second one.

Jack Lambert
11-23-2018, 02:08 PM

I have to give Moorhead another season now without badmouthing him after watching this.

Coach Peterson looked as if he was ready to crack some skulls.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2018, 02:12 PM
We were discussing this last night watching. With the technology we have how does the quarter run out and that play ever happen? We have a horn in basketball and a shotclock red light that goes off. Hockey has the same shit. How do we not have a large red flashing light when the quarter ends an okay cloak expires. To add an additional layer why not put beeper type buzzers in the referees pockets that starts vibrating when either clock expires? If the referees in the near conference in football are too stupid and incompetence to do something so similar, take it out of their hands and add a horn.

Be harder to help Bama win.

MedDawg
11-23-2018, 02:38 PM
In the Vandy UF earlier this year they called unsportsmanlike conduct on every player on both teams and uf lost a player cause it was his second one.

Did anyone see if Willie Gay was involved in the fight at all? Just because the refs called unsportsmanlike conduct on the whole team doesn't mean it should result in suspensions for those not involved. What if he never left the sidelines? It's possible he should just have the one unsportsmanlike penalty and not the second.

I could see the SEC reviewing the fight and not suspending Gay for the bowl game if it shows he didn't get involved at all.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2018, 02:50 PM
2 unsportsmanlike penalties is equal to 2 tech fouls in basketball. Once you get the second your ejected. It doesn't matter if Willie was involved in the fight that was his second unsportsmanlike that's why he was ejected. Now I don't know how that will effect a suspension in the next game

RougeDawg
11-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Did anyone see if Willie Gay was involved in the fight at all? Just because the refs called unsportsmanlike conduct on the whole team doesn't mean it should result in suspensions for those not involved. What if he never left the sidelines? It's possible he should just have the one unsportsmanlike penalty and not the second.

I could see the SEC reviewing the fight and not suspending Gay for the bowl game if it shows he didn't get involved at all.

He had already gotten an unsportsmanlike earlier in game for spinning the ball after fumble. I don?t think this qualifies for having to sit, but someone correct me if that?s not the case.