PDA

View Full Version : End of the 3rd quarter thread

Dawg61
11-23-2018, 06:10 AM
so much happened during and right after that one "play" it needs its own thread. Maybe one of the most entertaining and iconic plays in egg bowl history and it wasn't even an official play as we come to find out 15 minutes after everyone thought AJ scored. First off our secondary totally loses the only player worth a shit just about on Ole Miss and somehow allows Brown to be wide ass open 35 yards down the field but that's not really worth harping on.
It's the shit show that occurs right after that is what's legendary. AJ manages to plunge over the goal line with Abram fighting him for the ball the entire time including the five seconds proceeding the goal getting crossed. This is what starts all the shit between those two players as they are talking shit to each other the entire time it's going on.

Abram finally bitch slaps AJ's helmet and AJ immediately returns fire. As soon as AJ connects Matt Corral tries to jump in on Abram and Peters intercepts him and those two start going at it with Peters ripping off Corral's helmet and **** punting him into a world of embarrassment as Corral's teammates push him away from Peters before he gets kilt. Peters gets ejected but Corral should have been too for being a punk ass bitch. After all the players are separated and calmed down the refs somehow eject #38 for Ole Miss who has literally nothing to do with the scrum at all instead of our #38 Abram the main instigator along with AJ Brown #1. Somehow our best corner Dantzler is ejected after what appears to also having nothing to do with the play at all and Gerri Green is ejected for being the only unfortunate player to already have a personal foul from earlier in the game.

Ref gives every single player an unsportsmanlike because they are totally clueless on what's going on and somehow both AJ and Abram aren't ejected and neither is Corral. After all of that ridiculous shit show an amazing thing happens and the most hilarious part. The refs somehow noticed that the play never should have happened as the 3rd quarter play clock had expired before the snap (perhaps why AJ was so wide open?). So everyone fought and got suspended for nothing. Play didn't even officially happen. No touchdown! I have no clue how the ref didn't burst out laughing when he announced to the Ole Miss crowd that there was no touchdown and the ball would be placed back at the 41 yard line. HAHAHAHA!!

Hats off to the ESPN announcer who catches all of the inaccuracies immediately including the play clock being at zero and the incorrect players getting ejected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcy4did-LM&feature=youtu.be&a=

Duckdog
11-23-2018, 06:45 AM
Carral is a total piece of shit. Someone needs to whip his sorry ass

JoseBrown
11-23-2018, 06:56 AM
It was Willie Gay Jr, not Gerri Green, that got ejected for two unsportsmanlike penalties.

MarketingBully
11-23-2018, 07:04 AM
The refs in this conference are by far the worst in the country. I’d definitely appeal to get Dantzler reinstated. I’m not sure if the bowl game counts as the next game imo so we may have them back for the bowl game regardless. Hell, who knows. What a shit show was brought on simply because the refs didn’t do their job.

Schultzy
11-23-2018, 07:47 AM
How bout this brilliant nugget from the guest referee on the ESPN broadcast giving his expert advice when asked by McElroy about the quarter ending before the play began.

“Oh, I doubt they will even look at that.”

On a friggin scoring play no less, with a full quarter to play. The whole culture of SEC officiating is astounding.

Duckdog
11-23-2018, 07:51 AM
Good old McElroy, I dont think he could have got ole miss's dick any deeper down his throat.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2018, 08:26 AM
How bout this brilliant nugget from the guest referee on the ESPN broadcast giving his expert advice when asked by McElroy about the quarter ending before the play began.

On a friggin scoring play no less, with a full quarter to play. The whole culture of SEC officiating is astounding.

I thought that was extremely odd as well. He acted like the clock didn't matter. Extremely odd moment.

Something is wrong with the culture of officiating in Birmingham.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-23-2018, 08:35 AM
In Abrams Defense, he took the ball away from Brown as he crossed the goal line... after the scrum AJ calls Abram a B*tch, then it is on.

ckDOG
11-23-2018, 08:49 AM
No clue how the refs missed the clock expiring. It was obvious live. That coverage was really strange as well. When Peters was lollygagging in coverage I was thinking a whistle was blown or the play was finally being called dead. Don't see how brown gets lost like that.

Coursesuper
11-23-2018, 08:52 AM
I thought that was extremely odd as well. He acted like the clock didn't matter. Extremely odd moment.

Rogers Reading is exactly the reason that officiating in the SEC is as putrid as it is today. If you want to lay the blame for the fiasco there’s your guy.

Schultzy
11-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Probably because the 3rd quarter ended two seconds before the snap - even the players were more aware than 7 on field officials.

It seems like they would eventually become embarrassed by their poor performance being so public but the entirety of SEC officiating is stuck in a culture of days gone by. I think they just want to keep it that way and boy do they ever have some brass balls to keep it going like this year after year.

99jc
11-23-2018, 09:02 AM
No clue how the refs missed the clock expiring. It was obvious live. That coverage was really strange as well. When Peters was lollygagging in coverage I was thinking a whistle was blown or the play was finally being called dead. Don't see how brown gets lost like that.

I almost clocked the Old miss fan in front of me when this happened. He turned around and yelled at me that our shitty ass coach was behind our players trying to hurry them tonight. Now I can talk about hardhead but I will be damned if a bearshark can. As most of you know I am pretty even tempered :mad: but I tore lose on that turd that would make a sailor blush. not going to repeat what I said but his whole family left after that and my wife moved 3 rows away. I'm in the doghouse for a few days but it sure made me feel better. I took out my 4 loss season on that stupid SOB..i think anger management is in my future. HAIL State!

Lord McBuckethead
11-23-2018, 09:04 AM
I have never seen someone who was thrown out of a game have to miss the next one. It wasn't targeting. I need an official rule check on this one.

Schultzy
11-23-2018, 09:05 AM
Rogers Reading is exactly the reason that officiating in the SEC is as putrid as it is today. If you want to lay the blame for the fiasco there’s your guy.

Was he the on air ref who was so flippant about the quarter ending before a TD being scored?

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2018, 09:12 AM

That guest ref was Rogers Reading, the supervisor of officials for the NCAA. It's not just the SEC refs that suck.

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2018, 09:14 AM
I have never seen someone who was thrown out of a game have to miss the next one. It wasn't targeting. I need an official rule check on this one.

In high school you miss 4 quarters from the time you were ejected. I have no idea what the college rule is.

Coursesuper
11-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Was he the on air ref who was so flippant about the quarter ending before a TD being scored?

Yes, he was the SEC coordinator of officiating before Steve Shaw. He is now the national coordinator of officiating.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2018, 09:40 AM
Well Joe knew it instantly and once the melee had been somewhat controlled Joe went up to the head ref and you could see him say something about challenging something.

I think he and everyone else knew the clock had run out. But your point about the tv official is the one that is so bad. It's like he didn't think the clock had any value. Oh the clock expired but they probably won't look at that. Seriously? The clock for the quarter expired, a play was run after the expiration, and they won't look at it?? Nuts.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Didn't Chauncey also have a 15-yard late hit penalty earlier in the game? I'm not complaining, but shouldn't he have been ejected along with Willie Gay?

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Every time it seems..... since the 90s..... every time State wins this game. Some bullshit goes down, on the field or sidelines or after the game and OM gets exactly what they wanted. Some BS to point to and change the narrative for the next days.

Abrams should not have swung first. AJ was being the prick he is. Matt Coral deserves to be body slammed on his head. But.....just walk away. OM showed their asses last year, flag plants, dog peeing and dirty play. We didn’t have to retaliate. Planting that flag On their field is what they wanted. It gave them an opportunity to confront Simmons. It gave them an opportunity to have flunky coaches with nothing to lose to approach Moorhead. Now they say .... “see see the thugs from moo u “.

Forget them. They have an athletic director that has over seen multi programs go on probation. Their football program has committed major.... MAJOR..... violations every decade. They are the AJ Browns..... all talk of half truth and lies. They are Billy brewer wnd Freeze. They are beneath us. I mean really! Their boosters are corrupt. The admin is in bed with the boosters. They are Chad Kelly Marshall Hernderson and Matt Coral. They are beneath us. From this point forward, be above them Bulldogs.

Hail State!

Coursesuper
11-23-2018, 10:21 AM
Didn't Chauncey also have a 15-yard late hit penalty earlier in the game? I'm not complaining, but shouldn't he have been ejected along with Willie Gay?

His was a late hit, not an unsportsmanlike foul. There a big difference.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2018, 10:57 AM
The Jim Ross/Lawler, WWF call for the brawl on twitter was gold!

RocketDawg
11-23-2018, 11:10 AM

Earlier in the game, he also didn't think the crew would call our guy out of bounds near the goal line when the replay clearly showed his foot on the line. Of course, the replay officials got that one right. The official in the booth never got anything right that I could tell.

DancingRabbit
11-23-2018, 11:42 AM
Well Joe knew it instantly and once the melee had been somewhat controlled Joe went up to the head ref and you could see him say something about challenging something.

I think he and everyone else knew the clock had run out. But your point about the tv official is the one that is so bad. It's like he didn't think the clock had any value. Oh the clock expired but they probably won't look at that. Seriously? The clock for the quarter expired, a play was run after the expiration, and they won't look at it?? Nuts.

Yeah, that doofus threw out a term that's new to me. He said they wouldn't review that unless the clock was "well into zero".

Bully13
11-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that doofus threw out a term that's new to me. He said they wouldn't review that unless the clock was "well into zero".

that is border line retarded. I kept rewinding during the melee and could clearly see the snap was after the zero. "well into" my ass. Wow.

Even though it would not be totally unfair to say Abram's actions after the "TD", started the shit, it was an indication of how passionate our defense is when it comes to giving up TD's.

The only penalties I could see were Abram, AJ, Corall & Peters.

Schultzy
11-23-2018, 01:13 PM
His “well into zero” remark shows how out of touch he is and how badly college officiating needs new leadership.