PDA

View Full Version : Alright recruits deciding between UM and State

Lord McBuckethead
11-22-2018, 11:45 PM
Do you want to play for a team that sucks or MSU. Look, A.J Brown could have made it to the NFL playing for Jackson State. If you have the talent, you will easily make it regardless. UM is a terrible place filled with a racist history and terrible elitest people. You will go there, play for absolutely nothing, and then play for the NFL. But you will not learn anything to make you a better player.

JoMo will get you there. You will play meaningful games. Look at AJ Brown. Played for absolutely nothing in 3 years there. Hell he only won like 16 games in three years. No one in the SEC like UM. No one.

Shoop and Moorhead are only going to get better.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 12:24 AM
Do you want to play for a team that sucks or MSU. Look, A.J Brown could have made it to the NFL playing for Jackson State. If you have the talent, you will easily make it regardless. UM is a terrible place filled with a racist history and terrible elitest people. You will go there, play for absolutely nothing, and then play for the NFL. But you will not learn anything to make you a better player.

JoMo will get you there. You will play meaningful games. Look at AJ Brown. Played for absolutely nothing in 3 years there. Hell he only won like 16 games in three years. No one in the SEC like UM. No one.

Shoop and Moorhead are only going to get better.

I agree. Longo's high school type offense does nothing to help a player develop their greatest potential, and possibly get to the next level unless they had the talent and skills prior to going to OM. This even refers to the OL as well.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2018, 12:33 AM
I agree. Longo's high school type offense does nothing to help a player develop their greatest potential, and possibly get to the next level unless they had the talent and skills prior to going to OM. This even refers to the OL as well.

Longo won't even be there in a few days.

Not only will they be going to a shitty program where they'll play for nothing, they'll be going to that place without having any clue who their coaching staff will be

Todd4State
11-23-2018, 12:34 AM
Longo won't even be there in a few days.

Not only will they be going to a shitty program where they'll play for nothing, they'll be going to that place without having any clue who their coaching staff will be

Rumor is if Luke stays they're going to a more run first style of offense.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 12:46 AM

That would be more inline like when Luke played at OM and Deuce McAllister was their running back. I don't see Luke leaving yet, but stranger things have happened. They would definitely have to find a coach who is compatible with "The Network" before that would even be considered.

Todd4State
11-23-2018, 12:49 AM
That would be more inline like when Luke played at OM and Deuce McAllister was their running back.

It definitely makes sense with him being an offensive line guy. And a Cutcliffe guy as well.

Westdawg
11-23-2018, 01:04 AM
Man, if they intend to go more run-oriented with what they have coming back on the offense, they will be HORRIBLE on both sides of the ball. They don't have the OLs or RBs to compete. Talk about Arkansas level suckage next season.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 01:24 AM
Man, if they intend to go more run-oriented with what they have coming back on the offense, they will be HORRIBLE on both sides of the ball. They don't have the OLs or RBs to compete. Talk about Arkansas level suckage next season.

WR's being added should be pretty accurate too.

Todd4State
11-23-2018, 01:40 AM

No doubt. But we'll see if it actually happens. The only one who I am sure is gone is Longo. But I don't think they will have to fire him.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2018, 02:04 AM
No doubt. But we'll see if it actually happens. The only one who I am sure is gone is Longo. But I don't think they will have to fire him.

I think Longo can see the writing on the wall that the players who gave his offense scheme a pulse are saying bye bye and thus his offensive scheme would be exposed for what it actually is. I agree.

Bully13
11-23-2018, 02:08 AM
shitbirds been cranking up that "Mullen's gonna leave" hot and heavy for years during crootin' season. Time to return the favor.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2018, 02:17 AM

If they do that they really are gonna suck. Don't have the talent to do it. They are looking at several years of really bad football.

Spiderman
11-23-2018, 03:43 AM

Word is he brings back Werner and runs the Freeze offense with a little more power trap runs

MarketingBully
11-23-2018, 08:19 AM
Who wants to play for Fat Luke? That guy is more of a joke then the Ogre.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2018, 08:19 AM
Word is he brings back Werner and runs the Freeze offense with a little more power trap runs

I thought that's what they were already doing.

I saw no difference in the offense when Longo took over.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-23-2018, 08:37 AM
This was Freeze?s staff...Ole Miss people seem to want to ignore that.

Lord McBuckethead
11-23-2018, 08:44 AM
shitbirds been cranking up that "Mullen's gonna leave" hot and heavy for years during crootin' season. Time to return the favor.

More like Luke is going to stay though.

Spiderman
11-23-2018, 08:56 AM
I thought that's what they were already doing.

I saw no difference in the offense when Longo took over.

Longo is an Air Raid guy with some RPO's.

Wener ran power trap at Miami and his 1st stint at OM under O. Freeze was the consummate copy cat. He had a little of everything with Werner as OC.

msbulldog
11-23-2018, 10:41 AM

Can't go pass coach, basically same issues plus no receivers, if you can't run you can't pass.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2018, 10:46 AM
The only player they've got that we're after is Mingo. Mingo can go up there and lose and be held to 61 yards and no TDs like AJ, or he can come here, play early, and win games with a former NFL WR coach. Any kid that goes to OM isn't going for the football.

BiscuitEater
11-23-2018, 11:15 AM

Please, please do this!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-23-2018, 11:23 AM
I would think the fact that an associate AD from ole miss called some MSU players thugs may help sway one or two.

timotheus
11-23-2018, 11:26 AM
This fact should be mentioned in recruiting conversations. Current players can aide in this as well. AJ planted a flag in starkville last year and was left alone to flaunt and celebrate but I guess nobody can do that on the field up on the plantation.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2018, 11:45 AM
Looks like McGriff is the first coach to get the ax.