PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question: Under What's conditions Would You Be OK with MSU and OM Combining?

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Just for fun:

We've all had this discussion or thought about how awesome it would be if the State of Mississippi had one major university and SEC school.

So, in the spirit of that, under what conditions would you be OK with it?

How could you financially make it work since abandoning both campuses and moving to Madison isn't a financially feasible option?

What would be the name of this school?

Mascot?

Colors?

Would combining schools provide our children and grand children with a better Mississippi?

I realize this thread will evoke some smart ass answers, but I think it's somewhat of a serious question.

MagicDawg
11-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Mississippi State University can acquire them, call it our northern satellite campus, and eliminate all of their athletic programs. Problem solved.

Dawgology
11-22-2018, 11:12 AM
Mississippi State University can acquire them, call it our northern satellite campus, and eliminate all of their athletic programs. Problem solved.

This.

drummerdawg
11-22-2018, 11:17 AM
I'm all for it as long as there would be no "Rebels" or "ole miss" tied to it in any way. Must drop those names to combine for me. I wouldn't mind going by "Mississippi" as the name. Maybe Mississippi University? Should have done it a long time ago though. Sporting events need to be closer to Jackson, maybe somewhere around Madison or Canton area. For the fans, we could have a "throwback" game where we play a game or two at The Dude and Swayze or VHS and DWS. We'd be so damn good if this happened, but it won't.

msstate7
11-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Rather take over usm, and move the main branch to southern Mississippi.

KOdawg1
11-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Just for fun:

We've all had this discussion or thought about how awesome it would be if the State of Mississippi had one major university and SEC school.

How could you financially make it work since abandoning both campuses and moving to Madison isn't a financially feasible option?

Mascot?

Colors?

Would combining schools provide our children and grand children with a better Mississippi?

I realize this thread will evoke some smart ass answers, but I think it's somewhat of a serious question.
Just for fun..

Just call us Mississippi since OM doesn't use that much. Keep the name Bulldogs since they can't figure out what to call themselves up there. And this will be an unpopular opinion but keep the colors red and blue. It contrasts well.

Move to Tupelo and become a power house

RougeDawg
11-22-2018, 11:22 AM
After Isis nuked Oxford.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2018, 11:29 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that the combination of OM official colors is our color?

msbulldog
11-22-2018, 11:38 AM
As a proponent of combining all big three universities, to take advantage of each's strengths in my youth, I have hardened my attitude and opinion over the years. The only way I could possibly see this arrangement happening is if MSU would drop it's drawer's and Mississippi dropping to it's knee's and kissing that MSU a$$! 17 a landshit!

NotCoJoMo
11-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Mississippi University
Colors: Maroon, Navy, Gold
Location: Jackson (not being centrally located has held both our economy and universities back)
Endowment: >$1billion (side note: it's ridiculous that our state universities have a combined endowment greater than UGA. Separation into smaller schools having to fund multiples of the same departments have hurt us. )

Biguglyjoe
11-22-2018, 11:52 AM
We tried that once before. It wasn’t agreeable with the humble, honest folks seeking a higher education. Thankfully, the problem was solved in 1878.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2018, 11:52 AM

This is the only way.

Martianlander
11-22-2018, 12:03 PM

This is probably the only way it would get my vote

99jc
11-22-2018, 12:11 PM
The zombie apocalypse would have to occur.

Bully13
11-22-2018, 12:16 PM
When it comes to Shitbirds, I'd rather conquer than assimilate.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2018, 12:25 PM
Mississippi University
Colors: Maroon, Navy, Gold
Location: Jackson (not being centrally located has held both our economy and universities back)
Endowment: >$1billion (side note: it's ridiculous that our state universities have a combined endowment greater than UGA. Separation into smaller schools having to fund multiples of the same departments have hurt us. )

Those unis would look like ass

gravedigger
11-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Just for fun:

Mascot?

Colors?

My death

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Needed to be done 100 years ago when it was proposed. Too late now.

BeardoMSU
11-22-2018, 12:50 PM
After Isis nuked Oxford.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-658fdb334ae22252c6c855838530f206-c

Who ever knew this translates to "GTHOM"***

BeardoMSU
11-22-2018, 12:52 PM
When it comes to Shitbirds, I'd rather conquer than assimilate.

And just like the Punic Wars, we can sow salt into their earth...

Fred Garvin
11-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Would be the smartest thing to do. Imagine how strong our athletic programs and our academics would be. But it will never happen. The tribes are too ingrained

preachermatt83
11-22-2018, 04:18 PM
I would love for it to happen.

Bully13
11-22-2018, 05:01 PM
I would love for it to happen.

Did you forget the ****?

Bully13
11-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Would be the smartest thing to do. Imagine how strong our athletic programs and our academics would be. But it will never happen. The tribes are too ingrained

Ingrained is why it should NOT happen and would be the DUMBEST thing to do. You lose all identity. Recruit : " Now tell me again, what school is this?"

DeputyDawg94
11-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Ban everyone connected to OM and send them all to Tuscaloosa.