PDA

View Full Version : NFL Scout's View of Draft DL Class

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Pretty interesting here. Didn't realize Sweat had character concerns.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1065269867429937155

wmccgc
11-21-2018, 11:02 AM
They make it sound like if it hadn't been for those character concerns he would never have played for us. So, good for us!

Bully13
11-21-2018, 11:08 AM
That shitbird U cocksucking author can go 17 himself.

GreenheadDawg
11-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Yeh whoever wrote that is a bitch. They have both been outstanding student-athletes with no negative marks since arriving.

Johnson85
11-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Considering they called Raekwon Davis a junior college kid and claimed he was still learning how to play as a result of that, have to wonder the quality of scouts they are talking to.

WSOPdawg
11-21-2018, 11:48 AM
It amazes me how some people (reporters and sports writers) believe their "my shit don't stink" shtick allows them free reign when it comes to talking about athletes.

Imagine a full-page advertisement being taken out in a reporter's newspaper that details the reporter's transgressions from their teenage years and proceeds to question their character.

I would imagine the reporter would be about ready to pursue civil litigation, which begs the question as to how is the current draft-outlook story linked above any different with the reporter questioning the character of certain student athletes who are attempting to begin a highly-paid professional athletic career but are being slandered by the reporter?

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2018, 11:50 AM
I get the feeling that some teams may be pushing Sweat & Simmons' character issues in an effort to get them to fall in the draft. It's a game

parabrave
11-21-2018, 12:00 PM
It amazes me how some people (reporters and sports writers) believe their "my shit don't stink" shtick allows them free reign when it comes to talking about athletes.

Imagine a full-page advertisement being taken out in a reporter's newspaper that details the reporter's transgressions from their teenage years and proceeds to question their character.

I would imagine the reporter would be about ready to pursue civil litigation, which begs the question as to how is the current draft-outlook story linked above any different with the reporter questioning the character of certain student athletes who are attempting to begin a highly-paid professional athletic career but are being slandered by the reporter?

Well at least scouts and most teams don't base their decisions of what some two bit reporter writes or thinks. That is why they spend millions on their own PI's and background checks. See Vontae mack****

WSOPdawg
11-21-2018, 12:03 PM
Well at least scouts and most teams don't base their decisions of what some two bit reporter writes or thinks. That is why they spend millions on their own PI's and background checks. See Vontae mack****

Agree. I do find it interesting the write-ups regarding the Clemson DLmen as Clemson was supposed to be the #1 DL unit entering the start of the season, yet the write-ups on all 3 of their players tend to veer toward them all 3 being "soft" and won't perform well given Clemson's history of underperforming DLmen in the NFL. Just found that interesting.

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2018, 12:41 PM
I get the feeling that some teams may be pushing Sweat & Simmons' character issues in an effort to get them to fall in the draft. It's a game

This is probably accurate, bang the drum loud and long enough to hopefully people pass them by. The Patriots would take either in a heartbeat.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2018, 12:45 PM
This is probably accurate, bang the drum loud and long enough to hopefully people pass them by. The Patriots would take either in a heartbeat.

Exactly, if you bang the drum loud enough, other teams will wonder what they don't know. For example: I had no clue about Sweat's character issues, but I'd be scared now if I was another team because I'd feel like there was missing information

Gdogmeridian
11-21-2018, 12:52 PM
He likes to point out character concerns on the MSU players, but fails to mention any on Raekwon Davis. Punching a MO player that was on the ground and getting shot in the leg outside a bar and was uncooperative with the law. Saw where rumor was, he was shooting gun in the air and some how shot his self in leg.

sandwolf
11-21-2018, 02:19 PM
Considering they called Raekwon Davis a junior college kid and claimed he was still learning how to play as a result of that, have to wonder the quality of scouts they are talking to.

They must have fixed this.....here's what it shows now:

Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama
“He is a man-child. Gigantic human being. He is still learning how to play, but he plays with such natural force and he is really long so he is hard to block. He plays like all those Alabama defensive linemen do, like Jarran Reed, Dalvin Tomlinson, he’s the next in line. He’s another guy with a huge ceiling. His pass rush production is down a little bit this year but he can really affect the inside of the pocket, coming off the ball and pushing it. He is a really high-end player.”