PDA

View Full Version : Annual On Field Pre-Game Taunting/ Melee?

Schultzy
11-21-2018, 10:41 AM
How do you feel about this?

The refs have to physically separate the teams every year anymore for the trash talk/melee thing.

Im normally not a prude but Im tired of seeing it, am embarrassed by it and blame the admins/coaches of both schools more than the players.

Dont put out some open sportsmanship letter to the fans again this year signed by admins of both universities if you cant get together and agree to successfully communicate to both teams that it will not happen again this year.

You will not see it happen at Saturday?s Iron Bowl.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Need to completely avoid it. We don't need to get crazy and make mistakes. Just focus on beating that ass.

Mutt the Hoople
11-21-2018, 10:52 AM
They come out to the field on opposite sides. If I were Joe Moorhead, I'd have about a dozen or so bouncers put between our team and theirs. The first contact I'd have with them is when we knock them into next week on the kickoff.

The only way the "The School Named After What Slaves Called The Plantation Owner's Wife" "Mascot Named After Soldiers Who Committed Treason Against America" has a chance in tomorrow's is to bait our best players, injure them, or get them kicked out early.

Bama_Dawg
11-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Agreed, stay out of it. I'm sure AJ will try to start something. We've got to keep Simmons out of there too..

Now after the game...

Nah, keep it classy, that'll piss them off even more.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2018, 11:03 AM
We need to totally ignore them pregame and when they start talking trash or playing dirty during the game. We need to speak by playing better football than them. Nothing good for us can come from the other stuff, nothing. That's their game. If you play the other guy's game you lose.

GoDawgz
11-21-2018, 11:05 AM
Trash talking already got to the team once this year, need to avoid it. Let the play on the field do the talking.
Score early and often and do not settle for field goals!

Dawgology
11-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Strong indication from the SEC that penalty flags and suspensions will happen early and often to reduce this. Our guys need to keep their heads and let the UM players get ejected

Schultzy
11-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Strong indication from the SEC that penalty flags and suspensions will happen early and often to reduce this. Our guys need to keep their heads and let the UM players get ejected
Where did you see this?

Lord McBuckethead
11-21-2018, 04:23 PM

Play your ass off. Let the refs know early and often that we will not be the team playing dirty. Don't run your mouth. Laugh in their faces when they try shit. Put points on the board. Hit hard but do it cleanly. No personal foul penalties. Let their team get those.

Also, note if Fitz, Guidry, Williams, or Hill start moving the ball, look for the injury attacks to start.

DeputyDawg94
11-21-2018, 05:51 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them try and get personal fouls on our players especially after they see the game is out of reach. Would our players have to miss the bowl game if they got thrown out of this game?

Political Hack
11-21-2018, 05:54 PM
I don't mind it, but I do agree that if they ask the fans to be civil they damn sure better control the people on the field. Coaches and players alike.

Drewbowski
11-21-2018, 06:01 PM
its very trashy and freakin' embarassing.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2018, 06:19 PM
All you have to do to know what the Confederates will do is remember what Matt Luke was when he played.