PDA

View Full Version : Dude Im so Salt Life...

BeastMan
10-17-2013, 10:16 PM
This video is hilarious. I personally like some of the salt life gear but I don't own any. Some folks make themselves easy targets though. You know the type. Live 5 hours from the salt water and go to the beach once a ear but rock the salt life sticker, probably a yeti and costa sticker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7uaA-zR52w too

Political Hack
10-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Starkville and now Atlanta for four years are the only times I haven't lived on the water. I hate being land locked, but I don't own a boat so I'm not Salt Life enough to sport a Salt Life sticker. I would feel like a poser.

BeastMan
10-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Starkville and now Atlanta for four years are the only times I haven't lived on the water. I hate being land locked, but I don't own a boat so I'm not Salt Life enough to sport a Salt Life sticker. I would feel like a poser.

There are guys on the coast that don't have a boat who wade fish everyday who would disagree. This past summer I pier fished at least 5 or 6 times and I wade fished more times than I went out in the boat. Don't give me wrong, there's just something about being on the water in a boat... But being able to walk out your front door, walk in the water, and get a few trout/flounder/redfish is a beautiful thing. Not to mention the $100 minimum you spend on fuel and scrubbing the boat.

I personally like the salt life gear but I thought the vid was funny b/c I know exactly who they are targeting. If I went bow hunting once this year and bought a bow hunting life sticker b/c it was cool... You get the idea

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 02:55 PM
oh yeah, I get it. I go to 30-A every summer for a week and see those stickers on cars from Tennessee.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2013, 08:42 AM
There are guys on the coast that don't have a boat who wade fish everyday who would disagree. This past summer I pier fished at least 5 or 6 times and I wade fished more times than I went out in the boat. Don't give me wrong, there's just something about being on the water in a boat... But being able to walk out your front door, walk in the water, and get a few trout/flounder/redfish is a beautiful thing. Not to mention the $100 minimum you spend on fuel and scrubbing the boat.

I personally like the salt life gear but I thought the vid was funny b/c I know exactly who they are targeting. If I went bow hunting once this year and bought a bow hunting life sticker b/c it was cool... You get the idea

I will take wade fishing any day over fishing from a boat. I used to leave Long Beach Harbor at daylight and run to one of the islands so I could hurry up and get OUT of the boat! There's just something about wade fishing!!!

BeastMan
10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I will take wade fishing any day over fishing from a boat. I used to leave Long Beach Harbor at daylight and run to one of the islands so I could hurry up and get OUT of the boat! There's just something about wade fishing!!!

I agree. This summer I really started getting into it.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
I agree. This summer I really started getting into it.

I enjoy hunting more than fishing, but wade fishing is a mixture of the two. At least that's what I feel like while I'm wading. You're stalking while you're fishing.