PDA

View Full Version : Good Article On Egg Bowl

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Good read by Ross. My only issue is that, like most articles written about Mississippi, the Egg Bowl, and our own fans (the infamous 2 star croots that don't play for us), Ross makes the Egg Bowl sound more insignificant that it really is by stating that no championship has been at stake since 1963 and 41. MSU won the SEC West on OM's field in 1998. So that's an incorrect fact, which is right on par with what most Mississippi people do in an odd effort to embrace and celebrate suckage.

https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/status/1064661029370630146?s=21

Jack Lambert
11-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Who's the last two star that we signed?

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2018, 09:40 AM

No clue. Our fan base loves to tell people how many we have though.

RougeDawg
11-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Was Banks a 2 star guy?

StateDawg44
11-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Good read by Ross. My only issue is that, like most articles written about Mississippi, the Egg Bowl, and our own fans (the infamous 2 star croots that don't play for us), Ross makes the Egg Bowl sound more insignificant that it really is by stating that no championship has been at stake since 1963 and 41. MSU won the SEC West on OM's field in 1998. So that's an incorrect fact, which is right on par with what most Mississippi people do in an odd effort to embrace and celebrate suckage.

Think bigger picture man. It's really not hard to read between the lines of what he was saying. Especially since he even referenced the years.

You should just attempt to follow along with the storyline instead of being so offended or dramatic.

msudawglb
11-20-2018, 10:02 AM

Just looking back over the 247 committment lists for the past years and the following were 2 stars

Tucker Day, P
Powers Warren, TE
Deion Calhoun, OG

sleepy dawg
11-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Think bigger picture man. It's really not hard to read between the lines of what he was saying. Especially since he even referenced the years.

You should just attempt to follow along with the storyline instead of being so offended or dramatic.

False. We deserve credit for what we did. It is not okay to manipulate history for the sake of your article.

MadDawg
11-20-2018, 10:28 AM
Yeah I'm not buying this revisionist history. Last year's game was one of, if not THE most "uncivil" Egg Bowl games I have ever witnessed in my decades of watching this game, and one of the current coaches WAS the coach of one of those teams. Tired of hearing how Fat Luke had nothing to do with that. All of the antics those bastards pulled last year? peeing in the endzone? snapping Fitz ankle? trying to take out Keaton? And yet Fat Luke is said to be "not stoking the flames". Bullshit. Bull 17ing shit.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2018, 10:34 AM

Not my job to read between the lines. It’s an inaccuracy in the article that pushes a perspective that is false

You can’t non MSU fans or recruits can read between the lines?

Just tell the truth

StateDawg44
11-20-2018, 11:48 AM
False. We deserve credit for what we did. It is not okay to manipulate history for the sake of your article.

In the grand scheme of things surrounding NCAA football, it's not as much of an accolade as gun makes it seem but to each his own. I don't feel slighted by the article in the least bit nor would I ever bust out "Oh yeah, we won the west in 1998!" in a bragging rights conversation. Just my opinion.

Not my job to read between the lines. It’s an inaccuracy in the article that pushes a perspective that is false

You can’t non MSU fans or recruits can read between the lines?

Just tell the truth

If you consider reading between the lines a "job" then there lies your problem.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Elgton Jenkins was barely a 3 star at .8092 composite and was a 2 star on some sites and now he's going to be a 1st-2nd round draft pick.

msbulldog
11-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Just looking back over the 247 committment lists for the past years and the following were 2 stars

Tucker Day, P
Powers Warren, TE
Deion Calhoun, OG

I'll take another Deion all day.

Boya
11-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Yeah I'm not buying this revisionist history. Last year's game was one of, if not THE most "uncivil" Egg Bowl games I have ever witnessed in my decades of watching this game, and one of the current coaches WAS the coach of one of those teams. Tired of hearing how Fat Luke had nothing to do with that. All of the antics those bastards pulled last year? peeing in the endzone? snapping Fitz ankle? trying to take out Keaton? And yet Fat Luke is said to be "not stoking the flames". Bullshit. Bull 17ing shit.

This all day... shit was premeditated, orchastrated, and Luke was complaisant..