PDA

View Full Version : The egg bowl is easy money

msstate7
11-20-2018, 08:40 AM
Right now, state is giving up 10.5 (o/u 58). We'll win this game comfortably... I say 35-17

ATS records:
State 6-4
OM 2-8

O/U records:
State 2 O 8 U
OM 5 O 5 U

The only teams that have given us trouble are good defenses; OM is as far from that as possible.

Dental Dawg33
11-20-2018, 08:59 AM
I think so too. Which scares me

msstate7
11-20-2018, 09:02 AM
I think so too. Which scares me

Obviously nothing is a lock, but I've bet against OM 4 straight weeks now and won. I don't bet on or against state, but I definetely think there's money to be made

RezDog7
11-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Right now, state is giving up 10.5 (o/u 58). We'll win this game comfortably... I say 35-17

ATS records:
State 6-4
OM 2-8

O/U records:
State 2 O 8 U
OM 5 O 5 U

The only teams that have given us trouble are good defenses; OM is as far from that as possible.

I'm taking the Rebs for sure now, because you never predict anything positive for State.

Dental Dawg33
11-20-2018, 09:46 AM
I look at it the same way you are. I took Us against Arkansas at 21.5. Our defense is just too good and will keep the other team in check. And when our offense is effective (like you stated against weaker defenses) then you can pretty much bet we will cover a 2 TD spread

msstate7
11-20-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm taking the Rebs for sure now, because you never predict anything positive for State.

Ok. Read basketball threads... I'm huge on our basketball team. We'll be top 4 in sec this season and a tourney team. I predicted we'd beat auburn, aTm (even called fitz's big game), and been saying we'd roll last 2 opponents. I call it like I see it

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2018, 10:10 AM
This is deja vu all over again.

BuckyIsAB****
11-20-2018, 05:24 PM
We havent been worth a shit on the road for a while. Even in 2017 we werent that good on the road.

I do think we are by far the better team and we have a shit ton to play for

msstate7
11-20-2018, 05:33 PM
We havent been worth a shit on the road for a while. Even in 2017 we werent that good on the road.

I do think we are by far the better team and we have a shit ton to play for

The closest road opponent to om we've played this year is Kansas state, and we rolled em

Spiderman
11-20-2018, 09:09 PM

ATS records:
State 6-4
OM 2-8

O/U records:
State 2 O 8 U
OM 5 O 5 U

Heard the same shit last year.

msstate7
11-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Heard the same shit last year.

Last year we were not good at defending the deep ball... 10th in Sec in allowing plays of 30+ and last in sec in allowing plays of 40+. This season, we've turned that around... #1 in sec in allowing plays of 30+ and #1 in sec in allowing plays of 40+, 50+, 60+, on up. I think our defense matchs up much better this season

BuckyIsAB****
11-20-2018, 09:24 PM
The closest road opponent to om we've played this year is Kansas state, and we rolled em

good point

Spiderman
11-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Last year we were not good at defending the deep ball... 10th in Sec in allowing plays of 30+ and last in sec in allowing plays of 40+. This season, we've turned that around... #1 in sec in allowing plays of 30+ and #1 in sec in allowing plays of 40+, 50+, 60+, on up. I think our defense matchs up much better this season

We are still not good at it. This will be the 1st true test against the deep ball. Tems have had people running free a few times this year but have missed wide open people. Tamaflu is if nothing else accurate on the deep ball. Ark, La-Layette, and K. State hit it on us. Bama didn't take many shots for whatever reason but hit one on their 1st drive.

Last year all I heard was they couldn't beat us and I said anybody that would throw deep and could score like OM had a punchers chance. It's the same this year.

they shouldn't, but they can.

And I can see Joe-Vester trying to throw it around himself.

State can't turn it over like last year and the best way to do that is try to throw too much.

dawgday166
11-20-2018, 09:34 PM
We are still not good at it. This will be the 1st true test against the deep ball. Tems have had people running free a few times this year but have missed wide open people. Tamaflu is if nothing else accurate on the deep ball. Ark, La-Layette, and K. State hit it on us. Bama didn't take many shots for whatever reason but hit one on their 1st drive.

Last year all I heard was they couldn't beat us and I said anybody that would throw deep and could score like OM had a punchers chance. It's the same this year.

State can't turn it over like last year and the best way to do that is try to throw too much.

Not saying we can't be beat cause we can. Our D has to show up to play. And Joe should run ball down their throats.

Earlier in season I would've absolutely agreed with you on the backend giving up big plays. We got lucky a few times. But if they play like they did against Bama, we'll be good on D. Bama much more explosive than OM on deep balls and YAC plays.

msstate7
11-20-2018, 09:46 PM

They better protect 5-0 then. In sec play, they are 13th in sacks allowed; we're 2nd in sacks.

I think our defense is better than their offense. They've faced 3 of the top 4 sec scoring defenses (bama, LSU, auburn)... they scored 7, 16, 16. Our defense is just as good or better than any of those. Our defense will win this game

dawgday166
11-20-2018, 09:49 PM
They better protect 5-0 then. In sec play, they are 13th in sacks allowed; we're 2nd in sacks.

I think our defense is better than their offense. They've faced 3 of the top 4 sec scoring defenses (bama, LSU, auburn)... they scored 7, 16, 16. Our defense is just as good or better than any of those. Our defense will win this game

Our D is better than all of those Ds.

Spiderman
11-20-2018, 09:53 PM
Not saying we can't be beat cause we can. Our D has to show up to play. And Joe should run ball down their throats.

Earlier in season I would've absolutely agreed with you on the backend giving up big plays. We got lucky a few times. But if they play like they did against Bama, we'll be good on D. Bama much more explosive than OM on deep balls and YAC plays.

Yep, but Bama really only went deep 3 times. Hit one, got a PI on the other, and over threw one tat would have been a tough catch.

OM throwing a 10 yd curl or 5 yard hitch and taking it 20 to 80 yds is my fear along with those back shoulder fades they do so well. D's get a lot of PI on those.

Main thing is to pressure Tamaflu without letting him scramble. The Air Raid is it's most deadly with an accurate and mobile QB. Have to get in his face but keep him in the pocket.

The key to the this game is the same as last year, State has to score and score a lot early. And if we win the toss. TAKE THE DAMN BALL LIKE I SAID LAST YEAR.

OM, and all Air Raid teams start fast, weather that with some scores of our own and we should be ok.

And remember, Meatloaf as the HC at Ole Miss would be like one of us as the HC at State, He hates State just as much as we hate OM. They will play with their hair on fire just like they did last year.

dawgday166
11-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Yep, but Bama really only went deep 3 times. Hit one, got a PI on the other, and over threw one tat would have been a tough catch.

OM throwing a 10 yd curl or 5 yard hitch and taking it 20 to 80 yds is my fear along with those back shoulder fades they do so well. D's get a lot of PI on those.

Main thing is to pressure Tamaflu without letting him scramble. The Air Raid is it's most deadly with an accurate and mobile QB. Have to get in his face but keep him in the pocket.

The key to the this game is the same as last year, State has to score and score a lot early. And if we win the toss. TAKE THE DAMN BALL LIKE I SAID LAST YEAR.

OM, and all Air Raid teams start fast, weather that with some scores of our own and we should be ok.

And remember, Meatloaf as the HC at Ole Miss would be like one of us as the HC at State, He hates State just as much as we hate OM. They will play with their hair on fire just like they did last year.

I'll buy all that. OM probably can hit 1 or 2 against us ... and more if we ain't paying attention. I can see one for a score maybe, but not 2. Bama didn't go deep much cause it wasn't there and Tua had a lot less time than he's used to having to throw the ball.

As you (and I) know, anything can happen in this game and does. So I ain't discounting anything. I'm more fearful of our offensive game plan than the D tho.

msstate7
11-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Om is 1-6 in the sec with their only win coming bc ark had injuries at qb and rb. I'm not worried. Last year was flukish bc of fitz injury

Spiderman
11-20-2018, 10:02 PM
I'll buy all that. OM probably can hit 1 or 2 against us ... and more if we ain't paying attention. I can see one for a score maybe, but not 2. Bama didn't go deep much cause it wasn't there and Tua had a lot less time than he's used to having to throw the ball.

As you (and I) know, anything can happen in this game and does. So I ain't discounting anything. I'm more fearful of our offensive game plan than the D tho.

Yep, I can see them scoring quick 1st drive, and the us turning it over or going 3 and out and them hitting a big play to go up 14-0 then Joe-Vester panicking and trying to throw every down.

viverlibre
11-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Right now, state is giving up 10.5

-13 at the Golden Moon, no ML bets (as of 2:00 today) on any college team, the worst sports book in the world.

drummerdawg
11-20-2018, 10:44 PM
Om is only scoring 24 points in SEC play and giving up 42.

Spiderman
11-20-2018, 10:48 PM
Om is only scoring 24 points in SEC play and giving up 42.

Over should be lock at 56

dotcomdawg
11-20-2018, 11:03 PM
name the longest play against our defense this year...

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2018, 11:15 PM
OM has nfl receivers. However I think our DL will destroy their OL. Tami won?t have time for the deep ball. He will either have to get rid of it quick or be on his back.

Offensively Hill and Williams better run the ball all night. Do that.... we dominate possession and win.

msstate7
11-21-2018, 06:43 PM
State -14 at Golden moon

Todd4State
11-22-2018, 12:03 AM
Om is 1-6 in the sec with their only win coming bc ark had injuries at qb and rb. I'm not worried. Last year was flukish bc of fitz injury

This is true. And that injury sort of indirectly led to most of the turnovers. If we limit our turnovers, we win last year 49-14 or so.

msstate7
11-22-2018, 10:29 PM
Told ya. Easy money