PDA

View Full Version : Which bowls will you attend this year?

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Just curious what possible attendance would be for each bowl. Would anyone go back to the Gator?

We would go to Citrus, Outback, or Liberty.

BhamDawg
11-19-2018, 11:46 AM
Just curious what possible attendance would be for each bowl. Would anyone go back to the Gator?

Would go to Citrus, Outback or Texas.

Not going to Gator, Music City or Liberty. Even though they are all closer to me, been there done that.

On the fence about Belk, could not make in 2015.

Prediction? Pain.
11-19-2018, 11:56 AM
Last two bowls I went to were in the pre-toddler era (the 2011 Music City Bowl and 2012 Gator Bowl) and I doubt that trend's going to change this year. But if -- if -- we somehow nab a spot in the Citrus bowl, I can see there being the potential for an Armageddon at Disney scenario that would draw us down for that game. Otherwise, I'll be at home minding the loonies. Like in 2016, when I watched us sleepwalk through the St. Petersburg Bowl while somehow managing to refrain from ruining my daughter's vocabulary during my construction of her new kitchen play set. Nothing says Christmas like death by one thousand small wooden dowels.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Last two bowls I went to were in the pre-toddler era (the 2011 Music City Bowl and 2012 Gator Bowl) and I doubt that trend's going to change this year. But if -- if -- we somehow nab a spot in the Citrus bowl, I can see there being the potential for an Armageddon at Disney scenario that would draw us down for that game. Otherwise, I'll be at home minding the loonies. Like in 2016, when I watched us sleepwalk through the St. Petersburg Bowl while somehow managing to refrain from ruining my daughter's vocabulary during my construction of her new kitchen play set. Nothing says Christmas like death by one thousand small wooden dowels.

Outback Bowl is around 1-1 1/2 hours from Disney. We actually have a hotel room at Universal Studios and will be there for either Citrus or Outback. I am pulling hard for either of those bowls.

Dawgbite
11-19-2018, 12:38 PM
It's more about when its played than where or what bowl. I have to be home Jan.2 so that limits me

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2018, 12:40 PM
Would go to Citrus, Outback or Texas.

Not going to Gator, Music City or Liberty. Even though they are all closer to me, been there done that.

On the fence about Belk, could not make in 2015.

Belk was actually a cool bowl. Charlotte is a nice city compared to a lot of other places.

StarkVegasSteve
11-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Would go to all except Gator and Belk.

Don't particularly want to go to Liberty, but I'm 30 minutes from the stadium so I know I'd end up there.

If I had a choice it'd be Music City, Texas, or Citrus. I think Nashville would give us a big crowd. Large young alumni base in that area.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Would go to all except Gator and Belk.

Don't particularly want to go to Liberty, but I'm 30 minutes from the stadium so I know I'd end up there.

If I had a choice it'd be Music City, Texas, or Citrus. I think Nashville would give us a big crowd. Large young alumni base in that area.

Liberty is definitely my last choice but we have friends around Memphis so it would be a cheap trip. My wife knows someone that might even be able to get us tickets so that would be another thing in its favor. We probably wouldn't go to the Liberty if we had to pay for rooms and tickets. I am just not interested in it enough to spend the money.

Prediction? Pain.
11-19-2018, 12:51 PM
Outback Bowl is around 1-1 1/2 hours from Disney. We actually have a hotel room at Universal Studios and will be there for either Citrus or Outback. I am pulling hard for either of those bowls.

Good to know. Thanks.

Pit Bull
11-19-2018, 01:02 PM
First Choice...…….Citrus
Second Choice.....Outback
Third Choice...…...Liberty
Fourth Choice......Music City
Fifth Choice...…….Texas

Will NOT go to Gator or Belk.

ckDOG
11-19-2018, 01:17 PM

Would some kind soul mark the dates for those of us too lazy to loom them up. My answer is more dependent on scheduling than location. Work is crazy for me December / January.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2018, 01:37 PM
Would some kind soul mark the dates for those of us too lazy to loom them up. My answer is more dependent on scheduling than location. Work is crazy for me December / January.

Bowl Schedule:

Thursday - Dec 27th - Texas Bowl & Independence Bowl

Friday - Dec 28th - Music City Bowl

Saturday - Dec 29th - Belk Bowl

Monday - Dec 31st - Liberty Bowl & Gator Bowl

Tuesday - Jan 1st - Outback Bowl & Citrus Bowl

Turfdawg67
11-19-2018, 06:23 PM
Screw the Outback... they've passed us over in the past a couple of times. I wouldn't attend. I just started eating in the restaurants again!

Give me the Citrus!

RocketDawg
11-19-2018, 06:49 PM
Probably the best attended would be the Liberty and Music City just because they're closer to most of our fans. The Florida bowls would be a lot more comfortable from a temperature standpoint. It's not in the list, but the B'ham bowl would probably be logistically the easiest since nobody would go.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2018, 07:09 PM
Probably the best attended would be the Liberty and Music City just because they're closer to most of our fans. The Florida bowls would be a lot more comfortable from a temperature standpoint. It's not in the list, but the B'ham bowl would probably be logistically the easiest since nobody would go.

Birmingham is actually the lowest bowl so I didn't include it. Once we got 7 wins then the worst we would do is Liberty.

Mutt the Hoople
11-19-2018, 07:23 PM
I would try to make the Texas Bowl. Day Trip to Houston.

West Tn Dawg
11-19-2018, 07:39 PM
I bet Texas Bowl would be great for the players. It's sponsored by Academy Sports. Bet they pick up some cool swag for that age group!

IMissJack
11-19-2018, 09:07 PM
I would attend the Texas, but only because I live in Houston.

Pit Bull
11-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Birmingham is actually the lowest bowl so I didn't include it. Once we got 7 wins then the worst we would do is Liberty.

I would go to the Birmingham Bowl since it's only about 4 hours from Memphis and with the new I-22, it would be pretty easy driving. Liberty and Music City are about the same and I would go to both of those. Can get to Nashville in about 3.5 hrs. and can get to the Liberty in about 15 minutes. Belk is a bit far and so is Jacksonville

TaleofTwoDogs
11-19-2018, 10:55 PM
Wat!! No Shreveport in the top 5? Can't get any better than the snow bowl. Surprised I still have my fingers and toes after that one. **

Howboutdemdogs
11-20-2018, 10:39 AM
No matter what, we will always follow them to any bowl. Therefore; it doesn’t matter, but would prefer the Citrus Bowl and the House of Mouse.