11-18-2018, 07:50 PM
YEP!

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 07:55 PM
2018 Hudl video

http://www.hudl.com/profile/11828585/kareem-walker

vv83
11-18-2018, 07:56 PM
Alright someone sell me on him. Admittedly, haven’t watched any film but everyone in the recruiting thread said he wasn’t good in JUCO

MetEdDawg
11-18-2018, 07:57 PM
If we can continue to get these super high rated former high school kids coming out of JUCO I'll be happy. Our juco mold in the past has not been terribly good. Guys like Sweat and Rivers are guys we need to go after. Committed to play big time college football and it didn't work out. Went to juco and now looking for a new home.

Guys that blow up in juco always concern me. If you weren't good going in to JUCO it's very unlikely you will light it up in big time college football when you get out. Guys that went in to juco big time are more likely to pan out. This is a great pickup.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 07:57 PM
Alright someone sell me on him. Admittedly, haven’t watched any film but everyone in the recruiting thread said he wasn’t good in JUCO

He was a 95 rated #4 RB in the country out of high school.

How & why he ended up at Fort Scott would be my question.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Confirms we're going to take 2 RB & don't want Witherspoon as the 3rd RB next year.

Todd4State
11-18-2018, 07:58 PM

Number one running back coming out of high school his senior year and he has a good relationship with Huff. If he pans out he will compliment Hill well. His JUCO team wasn't that good.

defiantdog
11-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Did he and Brian Cole ever get to play together at Michigan?

Coach007
11-18-2018, 08:01 PM

He was on a horrible team. You can take Tua and put him behind a bad line with poor WRS and he will suck.

He was the number 4 RB coming out of HS. His composite was a 95. Some listed him as the TOP RB in the nation.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kareem-Walker-39563/RecruitInterests/

msstate7
11-18-2018, 08:01 PM
He was on a horrible team. You can take Tua and put him behind a bad line with poor WRS and he will suck.

He was the number 4 RB coming out of HS. His composite was a 95. Some listed him as the TOP RB in the nation.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kareem-Walker-39563/RecruitInterests/

His 247 bio shows no interest from anyone

civildawg
11-18-2018, 08:03 PM
Yeah I?m not sure about this one.

Leroy Jenkins
11-18-2018, 08:03 PM
HS recruiting profile was off the charts.... JUCO film is very, meh. (the truth is probably somewhere in the middle) Here's why I'm OK with it though. If we give him D Lee's old scholly/roster spot then worst case it's a wash, production wise, but the ceiling could be high.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2018, 08:04 PM
To me this is no different than Kilby-Lane signing. Signing at a position that's short on #'s. He had/has talent coming out of Hs but hasn't shown much so far. If he pans out great it's low risk. If he don't it gives Witherspoon a year to RS & get used to college ball.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 08:05 PM

The link I posted shows over 23...

Michigan, Bama, Clemson, Auburn, FSU, Ohio State, ... list is long

Really Clark?
11-18-2018, 08:07 PM
The link I posted shows over 23...

Michigan, Bama, Clemson, Auburn, FSU, Ohio State, ... list is long

Out of HS, yes...he is talking about coming out of JUCO

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 08:09 PM

Ok....so you’re going by recruiting services....those same recruiting services had him rated 4 Star coming out of high school. He was on a shitty JC team also.

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 08:10 PM

His high school bio and 247 Rating had him at #4 back in the country. He signed with Michigan out of high school.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 08:11 PM
Ok....so you’re going by recruiting services....those same recruiting services had him rated 4 Star coming out of high school. He was on a shitty JC team also.

The no rating doesn't bother near as much as no offers. I'm not freaking out though... not like we turning down a 4-star to get him

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Never fails we are always going to have someone over analyze and bitch about anything. Why don't you just trust that the coaches have done their due diligence and be happy about a commit. I am pretty sure they know more about his situation than anyone here.

Turfdawg67
11-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Some ppl are just gonna see things "half empty". Wished they just become Bama fans so they can circle jerk over 5 stars and losing 0-2 games a year.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Never fails we are always going to have someone over analyze and bitch about anything. Why don't you just trust that the coaches have done their due diligence and be happy about a commit. I am pretty sure they know more about his situation than anyone here.

There's literally no one beeching in this thread, but you

bulldawg28
11-18-2018, 08:31 PM
The no rating doesn't bother near as much as no offers. I'm not freaking out though... not like we turning down a 4-star to get him

Coming from juco will reduce the interest of 75% off colleges. Teams would rather have a 4 year player vs a 2 year

NCDawg
11-18-2018, 08:35 PM
Reading his bio, he has had a tough life coming out of New Jersey. I'm not going into details. He really looks like a good runner on utube.

Coursesuper
11-18-2018, 08:36 PM
Confirms we're going to take 2 RB & don't want Witherspoon as the 3rd RB next year.

Does this guy have 3 to play 3?

vv83
11-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Ok....so you?re going by recruiting services....those same recruiting services had him rated 4 Star coming out of high school. He was on a shitty JC team also.

I don?t really know what you?re talking about. In the recruiting thread people said he wasn?t good in JUCO

Coach007
11-18-2018, 08:43 PM
I don?t really know what you?re talking about. In the recruiting thread people said he wasn?t good in JUCO

His team was bad.

Put Tua behind that line with those wrs and he will look like he sucks too.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 09:03 PM

He enrolled early at Michigan and was part of Harbaugh's first "Signing of the Stars" event in Ann Arbor, but academic issues forced Walker to redshirt his freshman season, in 2016. Played in 2017. Went Juco. I think he only has 2 years.

DeputyDawg94
11-18-2018, 09:45 PM
CJM and Huff recruited him out of high school so they know a good bit about him. Considering we only have 2 RBs returning I’m good with taking a chance on a kid that was that highly ranked.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-19-2018, 01:11 AM
I kind of equate his situation the same way I do Shoop's. When Shoop was at Penn St. he was a top DC. When he went to Tenn., not so much. What was the difference?

Walker out of HS...one of the top RB's in the country. Now at juco, not so much. So, what's the difference?

Here's hoping Walker is as big a hit as Shoop has turned out to be.

Todd4State
11-19-2018, 01:18 AM
I kind of equate his situation the same way I do Shoop's. When Shoop was at Penn St. he was a top DC. When he went to Tenn., not so much. What was the difference?

Walker out of HS...one of the top RB's in the country. Now at juco, not so much. So, what's the difference?

Here's hoping Walker is as big a hit as Shoop has turned out to be.

To me it's no different than a really talented player playing for New Mexico State or somewhere that his talent won't be utilized and then the NFL drafting that player based on their ability and the player becoming an All-Pro player.

The situation does make a big difference. If Walker had played at EMCC he might be blowing up right now.

1bigdawg
11-19-2018, 08:52 AM

Bump.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2018, 08:57 AM
Bump.
No two for two. RS 16 played 17 played juco 18

tcdog70
11-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Sorta like Guidry--didn't look that good in JUCO. Blamed it on the QB. Two other receivers with better production. But, here on this Board he was proclaimed NFL talent--still waiting to see Him show it. He is like Casper the Ghost on the field.

MetEdDawg
11-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Sorta like Guidry--didn't look that good in JUCO. Blamed it on the QB. Two other receivers with better production. But, here on this Board he was proclaimed NFL talent--still waiting to see Him show it. He is like Casper the Ghost on the field.

But when he has the ball it is insanely obvious why he was worth the scholarship. Talent level is unreal.

Really Clark?
11-19-2018, 11:34 AM

Where did the leading receiver go? JSU Where did the 2nd leading receiver go? USM. I’m a stats guy but you do have to weigh out the whole picture

Coach007
11-19-2018, 12:28 PM
You cant say Guidry is not making it happen without knowing how many times he has been the target.

He has not been the target near enough.

Doggie_Style
11-19-2018, 01:07 PM
I'm happy to have Walker. That being said I view his position as adding depth to an already salty group (Hill, Gibson). He will have the opportunity to move up in the rotation but I think he will have a steep learning curve. He could very easily end up like Kirby-Lane, highly regarded out of high school, problems freshman year, JUCO then coming to State and not contributing much. He's talented but will have to work like a mad man to catch up.

Coach007
11-19-2018, 01:13 PM
I'm happy to have Walker. That being said I view his position as adding depth to an already salty group (Hill, Gibson). He will have the opportunity to move up in the rotation but I think he will have a steep learning curve. He could very easily end up like Kirby-Lane, highly regarded out of high school, problems freshman year, JUCO then coming to State and not contributing much. He's talented but will have to work like a mad man to catch up.

Why would he have a steep learning curve? He played and practiced for 2 years at one of the top colleges in the nation. It's not like he went straight JUCO.

He will be no less than the #2 back.

Doggie_Style
11-19-2018, 01:30 PM
Why would he have a steep learning curve? He played and practiced for 2 years at one of the top colleges in the nation. It's not like he went straight JUCO.

Your probably right, it's not like there is a big adjustment to SEC ball and no one has had trouble quickly picking up JoMo's scheme***

Coach007
11-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Your probably right, it's not like there is a big adjustment to SEC ball and no one has had trouble quickly picking up JoMo's scheme***

There isn't from a top college in the nation joining a TOP SEC team. NONE of our RBS have had an issue picking up the offense.

Doggie_Style
11-19-2018, 01:43 PM
There isn't from a top college in the nation joining a TOP SEC team. NONE of our RBS have had an issue picking up the offense.

sorry I don't consider Fort Smith JC a top college and his 20 carries at Mich don't amount to a lot of experience.....we had plenty of missed assignments at RB this year especially blocking

Coach007
11-19-2018, 01:54 PM
sorry I don't consider Fort Smith JC a top college and his 20 carries at Mich don't amount to a lot of experience.....we had plenty of missed assignments at RB this year especially blocking

2 years in the Michigan system. Period. Stop trying to take away from a kid man. So what if the team he was on in JUCO was horrible. That doesn't define him.

Put Hill on that team and he would look like that too.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-19-2018, 02:07 PM

He's not going to be ahead of Gibson.

Coach007
11-19-2018, 02:09 PM
He's not going to be ahead of Gibson.

That's my opinion. Either way, Gibson has a year left and Walker will then be #2.

tcdog70
11-19-2018, 03:19 PM
But when he has the ball it is insanely obvious why he was worth the scholarship. Talent level is unreal.

like 5 times?

tcdog70
11-19-2018, 03:22 PM
Where did the leading receiver go? JSU Where did the 2nd leading receiver go? USM. I?m a stats guy but you do have to weigh out the whole picture

so after weighing out the whole picture--we take #3 when JSU and the Mustard Buzzards get 1 and 2. So , are you happy with Guidry and his production? Hell-Osiris is better.

Coach007
11-19-2018, 03:43 PM
so after weighing out the whole picture--we take #3 when JSU and the Mustard Buzzards get 1 and 2. So , are you happy with Guidry and his production? Hell-Osiris is better.

No... and no.. and no...

Based on WHAT is Osiris better?

Really Clark?
11-19-2018, 03:47 PM

You were the one just looking at JUCO stats. The WR with the most receptions at Hinds last year is not close to the WR Guidry is. If you think otherwise, you are only reading the stat sheet and not also looking at the player’s skill set. Wallace has what? 8 receptions at JSU. Yeah Guidry is better. Guidry has 140 more receiving yards than Harris at USM as well. So yeah after weighing out the whole picture, it’s not close

Coach007
11-19-2018, 04:00 PM
You were the one just looking at JUCO stats. The WR with the most receptions at Hinds last year is not close to the WR Guidry is. If you think otherwise, you are only reading the stat sheet and not also looking at the player’s skill set. Wallace has what? 8 receptions at JSU. Yeah Guidry is better. Guidry has 140 more receiving yards than Harris at USM as well. So yeah after weighing out the whole picture, it’s not close

It's not just that either. We spread the ball around ALOT. He's acting as if that's not a factor