PDA

View Full Version : Any opening weekend action?

Howboutdemdogs
11-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Spent all day in Starkville Saturday, so the gun season started today. Watched a few small bucks and several does move this AM. Right now, I am smashing Lady Bugs by the dozens and have had a yellow jacket go up my shirt sleeve and sting me. But it is great to sit and enjoy so a pretty view this afternoon.

As one can tell, not a damn thing is moving now and I?m bored. Looking forward to the cold beer in the Can Am.

BeastMan
11-19-2018, 09:26 AM
Man I’ve been so busy I haven’t been in the woods yet. I’m debating fishing or hunting day after thanksgiving

SpeckleDawg
11-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Opening day was October 1st! I have only made a few hunts so far with a crazy schedule. Passed on a smallish 8pt and haven't had a doe or pig in bow range yet. Heading up later this week and will tote a rifle to the stand if my son wants to go with me. Otherwise, I'll be back out with the bow likely cussing at the deer that are 75 yards away all weekend.

Howboutdemdogs
11-20-2018, 07:20 PM
Spec, you are correct about the true start of the season. However, work travel had me just dreaming about pulling a string. I am hunting meat for the next 3 weeks and then horns.