PDA

View Full Version : Dish and CBS

DanDority
10-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Am I shit out of luck this weekend, being able to see a&m, auburn this weekend with the CBS Dish hold out?

HIGHDOG
10-18-2013, 06:17 AM
i'm on dish also...it seems as if we go thru some bs like this every year...this is the 1st that i heard 'bout it...tom

FanninDawg
10-18-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm on Dish with the Hopper/Joey. I have the OTA attachment and get CBS fine except for no program guide.

'Merica Dawg
10-18-2013, 08:10 AM
just use some rabbit ears.... Dish is always claiming to be "held hostage" by local stations.

Barking 13
10-18-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm on Dish with the Hopper/Joey. I have the OTA attachment and get CBS fine except for no program guide.

da Hoppa?

SignalToNoise
10-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Yeah, go to Wal Mart and get a $25 antenna and pick it up over-the-air. Broadcast will likely be in HD, depending on your area.

Or, if you like having projects to work on, there are plenty of plans freely available for making your own, like this one. (http://uhfhdtvantenna.blogspot.com/)

FISHDAWG
10-18-2013, 09:33 AM
I have seen small HD antennas that clip on the the gutter or just about anywhere that work pretty good

FanninDawg
10-18-2013, 09:35 AM
da Hoppa?

with da Hoppa, I DVR CBS too....

Political Hack
10-18-2013, 09:52 AM
the over air HD antennas and on-line streaming are going to ruin cable and satellite if they don't do something about it soon.

I dropped Dish over this mess.

MadDawg
10-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm about ready to drop Dish for this reason as well. I do realize that Dish seems to get screwed over by big media at every turn. I really don't blame Dish for being pissed when "Media Conglomerate X" decides they are going to charge Dish twice what they charge Comcast. But damn. It's been onse fiasco after another lately. AMC a while back. CBS now. This crap gets old. And, for the love of all that is holy, how in the hell do they STILL NOT HAVE ESPNU IN HD???????

Barking 13
10-18-2013, 10:19 AM
It ain't just Dish.. Cableone is having problems with Turner... I can do without CNN / HLN. No more owl-face and JVM and a year of the Arias trial.. yay!

FISHDAWG
10-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Direct TV can't be beat when it comes to sports ... I dropped Dish about 10 yrs ago and have never regretted it ... Dish had and will continue to have these battles with networks since their inception

'Merica Dawg
10-18-2013, 10:27 AM
the over air HD antennas and on-line streaming are going to ruin cable and satellite if they don't do something about it soon.

I dropped Dish over this mess.

we threatened them... and got $5 off monthly and free movie channels when NBC was lost. Online streaming has been around for a while now... Most of the cites are euro based as I assume it is legal in the USA?

Political Hack
10-18-2013, 10:30 AM
what channels have they lost?

CBS is coming, AMC, NBC, FX, ESPNU is not in hi-def. Anything else?

MadDawg
10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
what channels have they lost?

CBS is coming, AMC, NBC, FX, ESPNU is not in hi-def. Anything else?

First, CBS is not "coming". It's been off Dishnetwork for a couple weeks now. And I also remember losing something like Lifetime and MTV and a couple others, but I never watch those so they were not missed by me.

Political Hack
10-18-2013, 11:53 AM
ah... I thought it was "coming" because it was speculation about this weekends games. Either way, Dish's relationships with its channels has been pretty bad. How do you lose a channel the stream over the air for free?

HIGHDOG
10-18-2013, 12:35 PM
hack - what did you do after dropping dish??...tom

MadDawg
10-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Because the feud isn't with CBS. It's with "Media Conglomerate X" that sells the rights to that particular CBS channel and a few others channels nobody has heard of. This is how we wind up with so many crap channels nobody watches. They bundle these channels in with one or two legit channels and force the providers to buy them all or they get nothing.