PDA

View Full Version : Can we fire Coach Joe if we lose Egg Bowl?

fishwater99
11-18-2018, 05:07 PM
I really hope he understands the importance of Thursday's game.

Walkerhill
11-18-2018, 05:09 PM
No

Coach007
11-18-2018, 05:10 PM
NOPE! 4 more years!

Quaoarsking
11-18-2018, 05:16 PM
No, but it would make it a lot harder for him to survive a hypothetical 6-6 (or worse) season next year

msstate7
11-18-2018, 05:17 PM
No, but it would make it a lot harder for him to survive a hypothetical 6-6 (or worse) season next year

Not sure we fire a coach that goes 6-6.

Turfdawg67
11-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Boy, that's two back to back winning threads you started.

fishwater99
11-18-2018, 05:31 PM
Your welcome, Happy Sunday afternoon.

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 05:38 PM

Idiot

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Yeah, not sure what the story is here. Guessing someone lost a couple $s on a bet sometime. Moorhead, win or lose Thursday is on notice. Get the team where we could legitamently compete to win every week regardless of your competition. That is what is required. It is that simple. No one supports a school that sucks at football. No one wants to spend their university years at a school that sucks at football. Welcome to the SEC.

RocketDawg
11-18-2018, 05:48 PM

You seem to be obsessed with OM to the point that he could go 12-1, and if the 1 was OM, then you'd want to fire him. You give them way too much attention.

gravedigger
11-18-2018, 05:53 PM
Yeah, not sure what the story is here. Guessing someone lost a couple $s on a bet sometime. Moorhead, win or lose Thursday is on notice. Get the team where we could legitamently compete to win every week regardless of your competition. That is what is required. It is that simple. No one supports a school that sucks at football. No one wants to spend their university years at a school that sucks at football. Welcome to the SEC.

On notice from whom?

Jack Lambert
11-18-2018, 05:59 PM
Well there goes the hope of a week free of a Fire Moorhead thread. One thing I saw on Saturday was when Arky wide reliever step out of bounds and the refs did not catch it, Moorhead running out on the field calling for a time out. He is learning how to be a head coach. We see him now yelling at Refs, getting onto players and showing emotion. Ease up on the man. He is a first time HC and it is at a SEC school. What has transpire this season has transpired. As long as we keep winning and he gets better at being a head coach leave him a lone. Also I am sure the gravity of this game has not passed by him.

The just fact he understands half the fans are pissed at him will make him work hard to win this game even if he doesn't understand how important it is.

Dawgfan77
11-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Will we fire him no... I also don?t think we lose.. however. Clay Helton is going to be let go at USC and Franklins name is already making the rounds by some sports writers. Should USC hire James, Moorehead will be at the top of the list at Penn State.

maroonmania
11-18-2018, 06:08 PM
Sure, we could also fire him if he wins. Neither would be a very smart move. I will agree that winning the Egg Bowl this year will be the difference between the season results being acceptable (given our talent level) or being totally disappointing.

Sienfield
11-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Well there goes the hope of a week free of a Fire Moorhead thread. One thing I saw on Saturday was when Arky wide reliever step out of bounds and the refs did not catch it, Moorhead running out on the field calling for a time out. He is learning how to be a head coach. We see him now yelling at Refs, getting onto players and showing emotion. Ease up on the man. He is a first time HC and it is at a SEC school. What has transpire this season has transpired. As long as we keep winning and he gets better at being a head coach leave him a lone. Also I am sure the gravity of this game has not passed by him.

The just fact he understands half the fans are pissed at him will make him work hard to win this game even if he doesn't understand how important it is.

He reads ED. He's learning.

RocketDawg
11-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Will we fire him no... I also don?t think we lose.. however. Clay Helton is going to be let go at USC and Franklins name is already making the rounds by some sports writers. Should USC hire James, Moorehead will be at the top of the list at Penn State.

Is USC a better job than Penn State? I'm not sure it is. The weather is better for sure, and it's a highly rated private school, but it's also in the Pac 12.

AROB44
11-18-2018, 06:34 PM
He reads ED. He's learning.

I hope the hell he doesn't read this or any other message board.

yjnkdawg
11-18-2018, 06:39 PM

These are just my opinions. Can we fire him? Yes... Will we fire him? No..... Should we fire him? No..... Is this a stupid thread to start? Yes

MetEdDawg
11-18-2018, 06:42 PM
The biggest question I have is why are we preemptively firing our coach? Too much damn negativity right now

For a fan base that wants to be good we sure as hell do talk about negativity on a public forum a lot

Dawgfan77
11-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Is USC a better job than Penn State? I'm not sure it is. The weather is better for sure, and it's a highly rated private school, but it's also in the Pac 12.
USC has deep pockets, has easier path to playoff. SC is a better job than PSU

LC Dawg
11-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Our last coach lost 3 out of the last 4 Egg Bowls he coached in, 2 of them at home, and we didn't fire him.

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Not saying we need to fire him. Let the man get through the game.

StarkVegasSteve
11-18-2018, 08:08 PM

Whole hell of a lot easier to recruit to southern California than central Pennsylvania

CadaverDawg
11-18-2018, 09:12 PM
If the Egg doesn't return to Starkville vs this shitty Ole Miss team....Joe shouldn't either.

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 09:13 PM
I hope the hell he doesn't read this or any other message board.

Zero chance he hasn't at minimum glanced at the boards. He's been in a foul mood since Florida and it ain't from reading twitter.

Bothrops
11-19-2018, 01:20 AM
He won't understand the importance of that game until he loses one.

defiantdog
11-19-2018, 07:48 AM
Whole hell of a lot easier to recruit to southern California than central Pennsylvania

The top 2 names for the USC job will be Matt Campbell from Iowa State and Matt Wells from Utah State. There's also an outside chance they go after Mike Norvell of Memphis since he has PAC 12 connections.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2018, 08:17 AM
The top 2 names for the USC job will be Matt Campbell from Iowa State and Matt Wells from Utah State. There's also an outside chance they go after Mike Norvell of Memphis since he has PAC 12 connections.

Campbell has a Huge buyout so scratch him off the USC list. Wells is the leader for the Colorado job. Norvell is not a name at USC right now.

msbulldog
11-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Norvell has something that kept him off the lists of potential hires last year, possibly likes Tunica.

Schultzy
11-19-2018, 08:47 AM
USC has deep pockets, has easier path to playoff. SC is a better job than PSU
Cali and Los Angeles is a shithole anymore, no one will ever win at USC or UCLA again.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2018, 09:01 AM
Cali and Los Angeles is a shithole anymore, no one will ever win at USC or UCLA again.
Well I was in LA last month and I beg to differ Westwood and Burbank and Pasadena are awesome. Weather is great. Traffic sucks
Easier to recruit easier path to playoff USC is a great job.

WSOPdawg
11-19-2018, 09:35 AM

For every job that came open in the past, Franklin has been the "hot" name mentioned since he first stepped foot in Happy Valley (almost mentioned as much as Mullen).

ckDOG
11-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Funny thing is that if we finish regular season with a W over OM the gofundme for a JoMo statue is going to start. I know there are some folks that expected us to win the SEC this year with a virgin SEC head coach, but reality is that 8-4 WITH an OM win will get you job security for life here.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Franklin isn't leaving home to go to Cali unless he's fired. Penn St. is his dream job.

RougeDawg
11-19-2018, 11:28 AM
On notice from whom?

He was spoken to after LSU game by ?whom?. Let?s just Leave it at that. Same person spoke to don. The only difference is it appears SloMo listened and is adjusting. Don picked up his ball and went home.