View Full Version : Ms St Defense ranked #4 in the nation as of today

Coach007
11-18-2018, 01:56 PM
That's right... #4

http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/449844

We will be great next year too!

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Yep and UF and some of y’all’s hero Grantham, where are they rated?

Coach007
11-18-2018, 02:08 PM

Grantham is a great defensive mind. Why do you need to dismiss him in order to prop up this coach? You do know that the NCAA has several great defensive coaches and it's OK.

But since you asked... They are 28th.

Homedawg
11-18-2018, 02:09 PM

Held us to 6 points and an L at home thanks for the reminder.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 02:12 PM
Held us to 6 points and an L at home thanks for the reminder.

I don't even get the point of bringing it up. What purpose does it serve to the conversation.

viverlibre
11-18-2018, 02:15 PM
I just hate we wasted this D. Should be a one loss Sugar Bowl team.

MedDawg
11-18-2018, 02:20 PM
#2 in scoring defense. 0.7 points per game and 8 total points for the whole season behind Clemson.

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Grantham is a great defensive mind. Why do you need to dismiss him in order to prop up this coach? You do know that the NCAA has several great defensive coaches and it's OK.

Because about 99% of you damn know it alls thought the world was ending when the drunk left here. And he wasn’t loyal to MSU, which makes me not give a damn about him or his damn minions. And while I’m being a bitch, for some of these, “I’m disappointed with the season folks..”, after we lost our 1st game the CHAMPIONSHIP run was over.....which makes going to ANY damn Bowl game the most important thing for us to do!! Now go support the Dawgs, no matter what and shut the hell up about a defensive coordinator that left us for his asshole buddy Dan Mullen.

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 02:38 PM
I just hate we wasted this D. Should be a one loss Sugar Bowl team.

We didn’t waste this D, you moron, we are gonna go to a Bowl game and we had NO shot at the Final 4 Playoff teams anyway...if all we had done was lost to bama, we still would t have gotten in, so spare my ass the poor who’s is me whooped down MSU syndrome.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Because about 99% of you damn know it alls thought the world was ending when the drunk left here. And he wasn’t loyal to MSU, which makes me not give a damn about him or his damn minions. And while I’m being a bitch, for some of these, “I’m disappointed with the season folks..”, after we lost our 1st game the CHAMPIONSHIP run was over.....which makes going to ANY damn Bowl game the most important thing for us to do!! Now go support the Dawgs, no matter what and shut the hell up about a defensive coordinator that left us for his asshole buddy Dan Mullen.

1- No coach is really loyal unless they are the highest paid. I don't expect that.

2- Nobody thought it was the end of the world. Some of us thought we should retain him Why...

Because the "DRUNK" took our defense from #110 in the nation to #10 in a YEAR.

3- Mullen isn't the enemy either. He made us into what we are today... like it or not.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 02:48 PM
We didn’t waste this D, you moron, we are gonna go to a Bowl game and we had NO shot at the Final 4 Playoff teams anyway...if all we had done was lost to bama, we still would t have gotten in, so spare my ass the poor who’s is me whooped down MSU syndrome.

This I agree with.

:)

bgover4
11-18-2018, 02:51 PM
#2 in scoring defense. 0.7 points per game and 8 total points for the whole season behind Clemson.

If we had that schedule..... Playoffs and #1 D.

Sacrifice
11-18-2018, 03:04 PM
This is one of the best defenses I've seen at State in a long time!

We have a ton of NFL talent. This is what happens when you pair great players with great coaching.
I'll never forget the year we had Slay and Banks at DB and decided to play them 10 yards off the recievers all season long.

viverlibre
11-18-2018, 06:25 PM

So dumbass, a mid teir bowl satisfies you? I had no 4 team playoff aspirations, but did have Sugar Bowl dreams. I guess we should be happy with 8-4 and the Citrus Bowl, when we had the talent for 10 or 11 wins. I swear we have the dumbest fans...

Hot Rock
11-18-2018, 06:59 PM
Not satisfied at all but people, this was a definite possibility for this to happen with Fitz missing the spring and a whole new coaching staff.

Sure, there is a lot of what might have been if Mullen had stayed, the offense would have been there a little better in those 4 games, but there isn't any guarantee that we win them with Mullen either.

All I can say is I am supporting this team. GTHOM!!!

Saltydog
11-18-2018, 09:26 PM
we have some very good players returning but we're losing elite talent.

Gutter Cobreh
11-18-2018, 11:13 PM
we have some very good players returning but we're losing elite talent.

The way we've rotated guys this year gives me good vibes regarding next year.

Elite talent + coaching stability breeds good talent. This staff has shown thus far to be better recruiters than the last staff, so I think moving forward we'll go from having pockets of talent to having depth and talent across all position groups.

defiantdog
11-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Auburn is at #36 with equal, if not more talent on that side of the ball. Kevin Steele will most likely get let go..... there is no excuse there.

Johnson85
11-19-2018, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure if Grantham is great or not. He's a good DC, but I do think there is something to the complaints about 3rd and grantham. I don't think the stats really back up the 3rd and grantham moniker, but I do think his scheme/philosophy leaves them vulnerable to a Qb that can utilize the middle of the field.

I'm not sure Schoop is great or not. He is obviously good, but I think a lot of good coordinators would look great with this talent. Two NFL quality disruptors in the front seven plus very good DL talent elsewhere, plus good safeties. The only potential weakness is CB, and I think we're going to find out that Dantzler is really good and it's not just his job is being made easier by pressure from teh front 7.

I'd be ok with either Grantham or Schoop as DC, but I'd prefer Schoop. Not sure maximizes our talent this year the way Schoop has.

MetEdDawg
11-19-2018, 11:16 AM
The teams we lost to are 3rd, 8th, 12th, and 27th in scoring defense in the country. 3 of those games were played on the road. Probably why we have the 4th toughest schedule in the country right now.

Not sure how many of us thought we would have the 4th toughest schedule in the country at this point, but if I knew that going in I might have tempered my win projection down one. We had a heck of a tough schedule this year and I don't think many of us thought it would be like that.

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-19-2018, 11:17 AM
We didn?t waste this D, you moron, we are gonna go to a Bowl game and we had NO shot at the Final 4 Playoff teams anyway...if all we had done was lost to bama, we still would t have gotten in, so spare my ass the poor who?s is me whooped down MSU syndrome.

Are the only 2 options playoff or belk bowl? D was is good enough for NY6.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
11-19-2018, 11:20 AM
That's right... #4

http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/449844

We will be great next year too!

MSU is 6th in total defense Ole miss is 5th in total offense. It should be a great match up when ole Miss is on offense,Not a good match up when Msu is on offense.

Kingbarkus
11-19-2018, 03:41 PM
We gave 3 TD's at home all year! One to ULL, trick play to UF, and one to A&M. Incredible.

Coach007
11-19-2018, 03:47 PM
MSU is 6th in total defense Ole miss is 5th in total offense. It should be a great match up when ole Miss is on offense,Not a good match up when Msu is on offense.

Not that it really matter.... but we are ranked 4th in total defense

S.E.C.FAN 2018
11-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Not that it really matter.... but we are ranked 4th in total defense

ACOORDING TO THE NCAA STATS USM IS 4TH AND MSUIS 6TH

1 Michigan

2 Clemson

3 Appalachian State

4 Southern Mississippi

5 Miami

6 Mississippi St