PDA

View Full Version : What's so special about Bryant?

Matt3467
11-18-2018, 10:47 AM
His stat sheet at Clemson doesn't blow anyone out of the water and that was with NFL players all around him. What makes him this highly desired commodity? Is KT, Mayden, and Schrader that bad that we see our only hope next year is to go out and try to get this guy to transfer here?

CadaverDawg
11-18-2018, 11:16 AM
I don't think anybody is really claiming he will make us a contender...but clearly Moorhead needs a QB that can pass, so it never hurts to add a 60+% passer to the QB room. Personally I think he ends up at Auburn or UNC, but I wouldn't be mad if he chose us. More competition and some offseason press....may even help us with a few WR recruits, who knows. Basically, if Joe thinks Bryant will make us a much better offense than we saw this year...sign him. But I do agree with you that his stats aren't that impressive and so I'm not going to be super excited or letdown regardless over what he chooses. I actually think we can win with KT, but it will take Joe giving him a real chance. I feel like Joe sees KT as Mullen's guy, so I'm not sure he'll give him a truly fair shake

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 11:20 AM
His stats are impressive if you stop focusing on a lack of total passing touchdowns. If he had 30 tds thrown with every other stat staying the same everyone would be super impressed with his stats so the only thing missing is just touchdowns. Clemson preferred to run the ball into the end zone apparently.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 11:27 AM
His stats are impressive if you stop focusing on a lack of total passing touchdowns. If he had 30 tds thrown with every other stat staying the same everyone would be super impressed with his stats so the only thing missing is just touchdowns. Clemson preferred to run the ball into the end zone apparently.

He was 70th in the country in yds per pass. The reason the tds were low is bc he throws short passes. He's a game manager... if that's what joe wants, so be it.

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 11:30 AM
Comes down to experience and maturity. Both of which matter in College football.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 11:43 AM
KB took Clemson to the playoff.

Regardless of your stats, that means something. Means he can execute an offense, is likely a good teammate, has played in big games, etc.

You absolutely take him if you can get him.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Delete

Apoplectic
11-18-2018, 11:58 AM
he looked great against bama*****

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 12:05 PM
So is everyone back on the Key train now because for the record I never left it.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 12:57 PM
So is everyone back on the Key train now because for the record I never left it.

I have no problem with a transfer or giving key a shot. The only thing I'm against is promising a transfer the starting job

yjnkdawg
11-18-2018, 01:10 PM
I have no problem with a transfer or giving key a shot. The only thing I'm against is promising a transfer the starting job

And what information have you heard that indicates JoeMo has or will do that? I don't see that happening. If a player has to be told that to come here, then we don't need him.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 01:13 PM
And what information have you heard that indicates JoeMo has or will do that? I don't see that happening. If a player has to be told that to come here, then we don't need him.

Kelly Bryant is being pursued by teams that will make that promise. He isn't coming without it imo

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 01:18 PM

You can't have your cake and save it too. Either you want Bryant to start or Key. Pick and stick.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 01:32 PM
You can't have your cake and save it too. Either you want Bryant to start or Key. Pick and stick.

In the time I've seen them play, neither have impressed me much. I think key has a higher ceiling, but Bryant has a higher floor. In this pretend world where my opinion/decision counts (haha), I choose Fine with key in the tommy Stevens role

yjnkdawg
11-18-2018, 01:48 PM
Kelly Bryant is being pursued by teams that will make that promise. He isn't coming without it imo

I still can't see JoeMo doing that. It's not good for team moral to promise a player that they have the starting job before they set foot on campus. It should be based upon competition. If a player is good enough then that shouldn't even be an issue. Especially, when he says practice performance equals game time minutes. It's also an OM type thing when Freeze was there. I really don't care what other schools are promising him that he will start. If they actually are?

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 01:50 PM
In the time I've seen them play, neither have impressed me much. I think key has a higher ceiling, but Bryant has a higher floor. In this pretend world where my opinion/decision counts (haha), I choose Fine with key in the tommy Stevens role

What you're underestimating is the message that gets sent to other players/recruits if Moorhead signs Bryant and is successful with him. It opens the door further for other high profile transfers and recruits to sign with us. Fine doesn't offer that at all. He might be the better player but he ain't anywhere close to the bigger name.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 02:01 PM
I still can't see JoeMo doing that. It's not good for team moral to promise a player that they have the starting job before they set foot on campus. It should be based upon competition. If a player is good enough then that shouldn't even be an issue. Especially, when he says practice performance equals game time minutes. It's also an OM type thing when Freeze was there. I really don't care what other schools are promising him that he will start. If they actually are?

I can see him doing that.

If he knows that Key can not run his offense the way he needs, then he has to turn his attention to the next guy. That would be Mayden. Mayden will be a SO. That leaves Schader who is HIS PICK.

Getting KB does 4 things

1- Allows the offense to move forward and gives MSU a chance to compete (from his coaching eye)
2- can be used in recruiting if the team is successful....
3- Will put us ranked going into the season.
4- GIVES HIS PICK a year to learn and Mayden another year to develop

Quaoarsking
11-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Kelly Bryant was pretty solid against Texas A&M this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401012270

msstate7
11-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Kelly Bryant was pretty solid against Texas A&M this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401012270
Everyone has been. aTm is 104th in pass defense and 112th in passer rating allowed. Fitz put up a 185 passer rating against aTm.

viverlibre
11-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Obviously, SloMo has no confidence in KT or Maben. I don't think KB will be much of step up over Fitz or KT, but SloMo must, but his judgment so far has been questionable at best.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 02:25 PM
He completed 66% last year attempting about 400 passes. Nothing wrong with that at all. Dak did that in 2015. In 2014, we were #1.... he only completed 61%

Coach007
11-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Obviously, SloMo has no confidence in KT or Maben. I don't think KB will be much of step up over Fitz or KT, but SloMo must, but his judgment so far has been questionable at best.

LMAO!!! Ok..... Nick at 51%... KB at 66%

Not much better at ALL!

LMAO!

msstate7
11-18-2018, 02:31 PM
He completed 66% last year attempting about 400 passes. Nothing wrong with that at all. Dak did that in 2015. In 2014, we were #1.... he only completed 61%

Dak rating 151.72
KB rating 131.73

Dak yds/att 8.7
KB 7.0

Dak pass td 27
KB pass td 13

Dak rushing per att 4.7
KB 3.5

Dak in sec
KB in acc

Please don't mention these 2 together

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 02:33 PM
Dak rating 151.72
KB rating 131.73

Dak yds/att 8.7
KB 7.0

Dak pass td 27
KB pass td 13

Dak rushing per att 4.7
KB 3.5

Dak in sec
KB in acc

Again, he has track record and took a team to the playoff. It's lunacy to say you don't want that guy on your team.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Again, he has track record and took a team to the playoff. It's lunacy to say you don't want that guy on your team.

Blake sims "led" his team to a playoff birth too. I didn't want him

Really Clark?
11-18-2018, 03:41 PM

I do understand the thought people have about this situation and it concerning Key. But I really don?t think it?s about a freshman who is redshirting this season, other than giving him another year to possibly be ready as a redshirt soph.

viverlibre
11-18-2018, 03:58 PM
I do understand the thought people have about this situation and it concerning Key. But I really don?t think it?s about a freshman who is redshirting this season, other than giving him another year to possibly be ready as a redshirt soph.

Why did the hell did he waste an 11-1 or 10-2 season to develop Fitz who is in his last year? Maden or KT could have led us to 8-4 season and gained valuable experience.

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Dak rating 151.72
KB rating 131.73

Dak yds/att 8.7
KB 7.0

Dak pass td 27
KB pass td 13

Dak rushing per att 4.7
KB 3.5

Dak in sec
KB in acc

So we should never take a QB transfer unless they have better stats than 2014 Prescott? I know you aren't saying that but throwing shade on possible transfers using our best season ever is stupid. Dak wasn't great vs OM or Bama that year either and he didn't beat any final ranked teams except maybe one.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 04:38 PM
So we should never take a QB transfer unless they have better stats than 2014 Prescott? I know you aren't saying that but throwing shade on possible transfers using our best season ever is stupid. Dak wasn't great vs OM or Bama that year either and he didn't beat any final ranked teams except maybe one.

Dak did struggle vs bama. Even still, dak's rating was over 40 points higher vs bama than KB's last season vs bama. Dak's rating vs Om in 2014 was better than KB's for the whole season last year.

I will take a transfer that's 75% the player of dak. Just didn't like coach sticking KB in the same sentence with dak. They aren't even close to the same player

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 04:45 PM
Dak did struggle vs bama. Even still, dak's rating was over 40 points higher vs bama than KB's last season vs bama. Dak's rating vs Om in 2014 was better than KB's for the whole season last year.

I will take a transfer that's 75% the player of dak. Just didn't like coach sticking KB in the same sentence with dak. They aren't even close to the same player

Oh totally missed it was 007 you were giving shit to. Carry on and have some rep.

Dawgology
11-18-2018, 05:36 PM
I would sign him simply for the media coverage and the fact that it would probably flip some good WR recruits that we really need. Image is important.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 05:40 PM
Dak rating 151.72
KB rating 131.73

Dak yds/att 8.7
KB 7.0

Dak pass td 27
KB pass td 13

Dak rushing per att 4.7
KB 3.5

Dak in sec
KB in acc

In a different offense too. Come on....

msstate7
11-18-2018, 05:43 PM
In a different offense too. Come on....

Lol, ok... Clemson is one of the premier offenses in CFB

Coach007
11-18-2018, 05:57 PM

What? Why did you ignore KB's other 2 seasons like this year. He was 66+%, averaging 8.54

Dak 100% struggled with bama. Do I need to post what he did?

In Dak's senior year, we scored 6 points! Dak was 51%, NO TDs passing OR running and had an INT. He rushed for a whopping 14 yards.

They face 2 different defenses too.

KB faced the number 1...#1 defense in the nation last year.
Dak faced the number 3 defense

msstate7
11-18-2018, 05:58 PM
What? Why did you ignore KB's other 2 seasons like this year. He was 66+%, averaging 8.54

Dak 100% struggled with bama. Do I need to post what he did?

In Dak's senior year, we scored 6 points! Dak was 51%, NO TDs passing OR running and had an INT. He rushed for a whopping 14 yards.

They face 2 different defenses too.

KB faced the number 1...#1 defense in the nation last year.
Dak faced the number 3 defense

I'm not arguing anymore, Bryant is clearly better than dak.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:00 PM
Lol, ok... Clemson is one of the premier offenses in CFB

Ranked #38 last year.

It's still was a very different offense and play calling.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:02 PM
I'm not arguing anymore, Bryant is clearly better than dak.

Who stated that? Nobody. Not a single person stated that man.

What we are stating is that he is not garbage. That his numbers are better than what we have right now.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 06:04 PM
Ranked #38 last year.

It's still was a very different offense and play calling.

12th in 2016
8th this season

Draw any conclusion you want

Jack Lambert
11-18-2018, 06:06 PM
If he comes here he is going to have to learn Moorheads offense and as we have seen it has taken Fitz all season. I think we should go with KT.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:16 PM
12th in 2016
8th this season

Draw any conclusion you want

He wasn't the QB in 2016.

This year before they went with the younger QB: 36 54 66.7% 461 8.5 QB rating 146.9

Nothing wrong with Kelly Bryant... the ACC MVP from last year.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:18 PM
If he comes here he is going to have to learn Moorheads offense and as we have seen it has taken Fitz all season. I think we should go with KT.

Clemson runs an RPO

Cooterpoot
11-18-2018, 06:24 PM
Why would we not want a QB Jo wants? He?s the one trying to fix this offense.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:28 PM

And he's still on campus with his parents.

If I had to make a guess.... I would say MSU is in the lead right now.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 06:29 PM

So if he brings in Fine, you'll agree with that too?

I've said all along that I'm fine with whoever; but I think if we Bryant, I think our fanbase is gonna be severely disappointed expecting him to be a difference maker. He's a solid option for a team that just needs someone to manage an offense. We need a playmaker.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 06:30 PM
And he's still on campus with his parents.

If I had to make a guess.... I would say MSU is in the lead right now.

Regardless of my opinion of KB, I'll be extremely impressed with Moorhead if he pulls KB. That would be a nice win for this staff publicity wise

Cooterpoot
11-18-2018, 06:37 PM

I've said all along that I'm fine with whoever; but I think if we Bryant, I think our fanbase is gonna be severely disappointed expecting him to be a difference maker. He's a solid option for a team that just needs someone to manage an offense. We need a playmaker.

Yep. I’m fine with whoever he brings in. He’s got to fix this shit show offense. I think he knows what he needs now.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:42 PM
Regardless of my opinion of KB, I'll be extremely impressed with Moorhead if he pulls KB. That would be a nice win for this staff publicity wise

It is believed by some that UNC has the lead, but that coach is on a HOT seat. He's going to be let go.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/11/16/college-football-cost-schools-fire-hot-seat-coaches-larry-fedora/1989915002/

Larry Fedora, North Carolina

Buyout: $12.2 million

Mitigation/offset: There would be offset, but no specified obligation to mitigate

The Tar Heels are a putrid 1-8, and they've been trending downward for three years now after going 11-3 in 2015.

In my mind, that leaves MSU, and Ark. He just saw what we did to Ark... We have beaten Ark for 7 years straight. We have everything KB would need to compete.

Auburn.. not in it.

Miami.... they don't have the team we have.

I just think we could very well be in the drivers seat

msstate7
11-18-2018, 06:50 PM
It is believed by some that UNC has the lead, but that coach is on a HOT seat. He's going to be let go.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/11/16/college-football-cost-schools-fire-hot-seat-coaches-larry-fedora/1989915002/

In my mind, that leaves MSU, and Ark. He just saw what we did to Ark... We have beaten Ark for 7 years straight. We have everything KB would need to compete.

Auburn.. not in it.

Miami.... they don't have the team we have.

I just think we could very well be in the drivers seat

Thought ark was out

Is auburn still pursuing?

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Thought ark was out

Is auburn still pursuing?

I think Ark is out. Auburn would love him, but I believe he has ruled them out. He goes to Miami next... then decides Dec 4th.

The 2, my opinion only, is going to be Mizzou and MS St. Mizzou will return a SR WR corp. We made a lot of noise for him this weekend with who we return, the system, and what we have coming in.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 06:56 PM
I think Ark is out. Auburn would love him, but I believe he has ruled them out. He goes to Miami next... then decides Dec 4th.

The 2, my opinion only, is going to be Mizzou and MS St. Mizzou will return a SR WR corp. We made a lot of noise for him this weekend with who we return, the system, and what we have coming in.

If auburn is still wanting him, never count them out

Dawgfan77
11-18-2018, 06:58 PM
AR beat us in 16

Dawgfan77
11-18-2018, 06:59 PM
Fine is not an SEC QB. Also I don?t think he is grad transferring

Coach007
11-18-2018, 06:59 PM
If auburn is still wanting him, never count them out

I know he's not going to visit there a second time. He went mid week and that's it.

Dawgfan77
11-18-2018, 07:02 PM
I know he's not going to visit there a second time. He went mid week and that's it.

Nor did he officially visit

Really Clark?
11-18-2018, 07:04 PM
It’s Us, UNC and MO as the Top 3. May not even visit Auburn, but have to keep our eyes on that. Miami is last visit...Richt can recruit. Fedora is main thing to watch with UNC. Close to home, has had a long relationship with Fedora, QB just drafted, knows a lot of the players. MO has been seen as the favorite by some. QB passing friendly offense.

Coach007
11-18-2018, 07:06 PM
It’s Us, UNC and MO as the Top 3. May not even visit Auburn, but have to keep our eyes on that. Miami is last visit...Richt can recruit. Fedora is main thing to watch with UNC. Close to home, has had a long relationship with Fedora, QB just drafted, knows a lot of the players. MO has been seen as the favorite by some. QB passing friendly offense.

I think Fedora will be fired... 3 years on the decline.... 2-8 right now. Which is why I think MS St and Mizzou.... Maybe Ark.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-18-2018, 11:02 PM

Fitz also more or less missed the spring, at least at full speed + the 1st game of the season

BhamDawg205
11-19-2018, 12:44 AM
Thank you my thoughts to. Why wasn't Key or Mayden given real game time experience, when Fitz sucked azz or game was clearly decided? This would put all those PRACTICE rumours to bed or confirmed them. And probably the debate for or against KB wouldn't be so intense.

Coach007
11-19-2018, 12:54 AM
Thank you my thoughts to. Why wasn't Key or Mayden given real game time experience, when Fitz sucked azz or game was clearly decided? This would put all those PRACTICE rumours to bed or confirmed them. And probably the debate for or against KB wouldn't be so intense.

There is no intense debate. The decision is Jomo's to make.

KB had a great Trip to Ms St and said he that of all the coaches JoMo has impressed him the most.

We are in the top 2 of his, so get ready.

BhamDawg205
11-19-2018, 12:56 AM

That's what I'm saying Jack. KT has a year in this offense already. I feel JoMo stunted his growth, by not letting him or Mayden get real game experience. Next year Key or May starts and gets that in the fire experience. KB comes here and has performance like Fitz we in trouble, another wasted year. JoMo has shown no matter how bad the starter is, the backup will stay on the sideline. With the hype around KB it may play out like that again. That philosophy Will set us back.

BhamDawg205
11-19-2018, 12:58 AM
There is no intense debate. The decision is Jomo's to make.

KB had a great Trip to Ms St and said he that of all the coaches JoMo has impressed him the most.

We are in the top 2 of his, so get ready.

So are we not going back and forth. Sounds like a debate to me. KB will make the decision, JoMo is recruiting him.

Coach007
11-19-2018, 01:04 AM
That's what I'm saying Jack. KT has a year in this offense already. I feel JoMo stunted his growth, by not letting him or Mayden get real game experience. Next year Key or May starts and gets that in the fire experience. KB comes here and has performance like Fitz we in trouble, another wasted year. JoMo has shown no matter how bad the starter is, the backup will stay on the sideline. With the hype around KB it may play out like that again. That philosophy Will set us back.

Uh... No. Williams was the starter and Hill played. Williams was the SR 1100 yard back, and he played the Back up... Hill.

Again..

-KB is completing 20% or more of his passes than KT
-KB is coming from an RPO offense.
-KB was sacked more than Fitz yet still completed 66% of his passes.

Todd4State
11-19-2018, 01:15 AM

I think that's what Bryant will do. We really don't need someone that can do it all with Hill, Guidry, and etc. coming back. We just need someone to get them the ball.

A coach trying to fix his offense is nice for a change. I think we've only gotten a glimpse at the potential of this offense because of our ineffectiveness throwing the ball or at least the limited ability to pass the ball.

I think KT could have used a RS season. I can blame anyone for that- he would have had his redshirt burned anyway with Fitz getting hurt late last year. But if we redshirt him next year he would still have two years left and I think he would really benefit from it. At the same time I still feel OK with him as our QB next year based on what I have seen from him this year.

BhamDawg205
11-19-2018, 04:05 AM
Uh... No. Williams was the starter and Hill played. Williams was the SR 1100 yard back, and he played the Back up... Hill.

Again..

-KB is completing 20% or more of his passes than KT
-KB is coming from an RPO offense.
-KB was sacked more than Fitz yet still completed 66% of his passes.

Hill was labeled as this year's starter, right? And 90%+ are using RB by committee. JoMo judgement still, Aries was the complete back of the 2. Hill will be special, but has room to improve pass blocking. KB probably got way more real game experience before he was labeled starter. Why wasn't JoMo preparing KT or May when he had chances? We saw times were Fitz seemed hurt, LSU, JoMo trotted Fitz right back out there. And no where have I said or many argued Fitz is better than KB

shannondawg
11-19-2018, 10:55 AM
The only thing I don't see is seeing pro and conn about offering a player on this board.

dawgday166
11-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Dak rating 151.72
KB rating 131.73

Dak yds/att 8.7
KB 7.0

Dak pass td 27
KB pass td 13

Dak rushing per att 4.7
KB 3.5

Dak in sec
KB in acc

What concerns me is 16 tds/10 ints for his career. Really? At Clemson with their talent against the ACC? Fitz had better stats as a RS Soph for 1 season than KB has for his career ... outside of completion %.

I just don't see KB being a savior of any kind for this offense.

Coach007
11-19-2018, 11:46 AM
KB probably got way more real game experience before he was labeled starter. Why wasn't JoMo preparing KT or May when he had chances?

Why talk about it without looking it up? Why the axe to grind?

The TRUTH is that KT has gotten WAY more time. KB attempted 9 passes the year before he was the starter. The year before that... 9 passes too. So for 2 years prior to him becoming a starter, he attempted 18 pass.

KT has been at MS ST for 2 years... In year 1, he threw it 66 times... Year 2... 39 times. Both years... under 48% completion.

So I ask again... Why are you on here downing the coach over something that is a TOTAL LIE!???

BhamDawg205
11-19-2018, 02:35 PM
You got me... I lied. I stated as fact using the word "probably". Fact is KT's significant playing time has happened due to injury to the starter and suspension of the starter. I do have an issue with a coach not preparing his backups when score or starter performance allows. We saw last year one dirty play and your backup becomes starter. Did KT win his starts or not?Are you ok with the lack of reps? KB has had the stability of being in the same offensive philosophy his entire career at Clemson. End of the day I'll be cheering the Dawgs on.

I seen it dawg
11-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Kelly Bryant immediately quit on his program in the middle of the season when the backup, who is better, moved into the starting role. Why in the ever living hell would we even consider this guy to join our program? It's beyond stupid.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Kelly Bryant immediately quit on his program in the middle of the season when the backup, who is better, moved into the starting role. Why in the ever living hell would we even consider this guy to join our program? It's beyond stupid.

He didn't quit he chose to extend his career by a year by RS instead of ending his college career holding a clipboard. Not that hard to figure out honestly.

msstate7
11-19-2018, 07:31 PM
He didn't quit he chose to extend his career by a year by RS instead of ending his college career holding a clipboard. Not that hard to figure out honestly.

Couldn't have stayed on as a RS? Then if Lawrence got hurt be the starter.

Todd4State
11-19-2018, 07:34 PM

Why would he risk that? If he did that there is a very good chance he would never start again.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-19-2018, 07:34 PM

To me that's more a distraction than leaving. Hey I'm leaving but I'm going to dress out every game just in case.

msstate7
11-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Why would he risk that? If he did that there is a very good chance he would never start again.

If Lawrence doesn't get hurt, he still has his year of eligibility. Pretty sure he's never RS'd

deadheaddawg
11-19-2018, 07:39 PM

lol

Coach007
11-19-2018, 07:58 PM

He didn't quit due to being beat out. He quit because he didn't want to split time after waiting for his time and taking them to the NCAA championship.

The question is why the hell would not want a 66% passer who is from a rpo system and took his team to an NCAA championship while the OL was trying to get you killed by allowing 27 sacks.

Turfdawg67
11-19-2018, 08:08 PM
lol

Double LOL!! Is this guy a moderator on this board?? Geez, I hope not.

Todd4State
11-19-2018, 08:11 PM
One thing that I do like about Bryant is he has some SEC experience- Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, and South Carolina and I may have left someone out. At any rate- he has performed against those teams. And most of those games were road games for Clemson. That has to make the transition to MSU and the SEC a little bit easier.

Todd4State
11-19-2018, 08:12 PM
If Lawrence doesn't get hurt, he still has his year of eligibility. Pretty sure he's never RS'd

But then do you really think he would beat out Lawrence next year after already losing to him once? That's why your thought doesn't make any sense.

TUSK
11-19-2018, 08:15 PM
KB quit his team because Dabo realized early on that Lawrence was his only hope to win the NC... Sure, KB prolly coulda run the ACC table and gotten them in the CFP, but he wasn't going to give them the a decent chance of success... TL will.

While KB is a definitive upgrade over Fitz, I'm not sure y'all couldn't do better, but I don't know much about yall's current QB situation....

On the issue of "quitting", I can see both sides of that, but I'd like to see more peeps handle it like JH did as opposed to the current trend... I'm not sure I'd want a guy coming in under his own terms then holding the coach hostage and possibly bailing on me, too...

Bottom line, though: If Joe thinks the cat can help him win, he'll bring him in... and that's his job.

msstate7
11-19-2018, 08:16 PM
But then do you really think he would beat out Lawrence next year after already losing to him once? That's why your thought doesn't make any sense.

I meant just stick it out this semester with with the team as RS, then transfer before spring semester starts. I don't really care either way... just saying he could've stayed without losing last year of eligibility

Ifyouonlyknew
11-19-2018, 08:18 PM
KB quit his team because Dabo realized early on that Lawrence was his only hope to win the NC... Sure, KB prolly coulda run the ACC table and gotten them in the CFP, but he wasn't going to give them the a decent chance of success... TL will.

While KB is a definitive upgrade over Fitz, I'm not sure y'all couldn't do better, but I don't know much about yall's current QB situation....

On the issue of "quitting", I can see both sides of that, but I'd like to see more peeps handle it like JH did as opposed to the current trend... I'm not sure I'd want a guy coming in under his own terms then holding the coach hostage and possible bailing on me, too...

Bottom line, though: If Joe thinks the cat can help him win, he'll bring him in... and that's his job.

Hurts has another year left without RS Bryant didn't. I think Hurts was dumb for not RS this year.

TUSK
11-19-2018, 08:30 PM
Hurts has another year left without RS Bryant didn't. I think Hurts was dumb for not RS this year.

I dunno what his motivation was.... Loyalty, unselfishness, maybe he just wanted help the team/finish the season and get a ring... hell, maybe he is dumb, but he doesn't give off that impression...

It's not like he had anything to gain by transferring to play QB with sights set on the NFL (neither does KB), though, so maybe that played into it, as well....

I seen it dawg
11-19-2018, 09:48 PM
Double LOL!! Is this guy a moderator on this board?? Geez, I hope not.

Actually he is.. problem?

I seen it dawg
11-19-2018, 09:54 PM

I get that but Im still not real enamored with the guy bc of it. And I'm of the opinion KT is a winner and I don't understand why we would just toss him aside for a guy that's gonna have to also learn a new, apparently difficult, offense. And KT has a whole year in it already.

Dawg61
11-19-2018, 10:18 PM

On the issue of "quitting", I can see both sides of that, but I'd like to see more peeps handle it like JH did as opposed to the current trend... I'm not sure I'd want a guy coming in under his own terms then holding the coach hostage and possibly bailing on me, too...

I think it's actually honorable and a sign of maturity that Bryant is doing something about the tiny window of opportunity he has available to him to capitalize on his NFL chances. He's looking out for himself instead of trusting others (adults) to do it for him.

Lance Harbor
11-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Nothing. Literally nothing.

His stat sheet at Clemson doesn't blow anyone out of the water and that was with NFL players all around him. What makes him this highly desired commodity? Is KT, Mayden, and Schrader that bad that we see our only hope next year is to go out and try to get this guy to transfer here?

TUSK
11-20-2018, 12:15 AM
I think it's actually honorable and a sign of maturity that Bryant is doing something about the tiny window of opportunity he has available to him to capitalize on his NFL chances. He's looking out for himself instead of trusting others (adults) to do it for him.

lol.... nice.

louisvilledawg
11-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Same. Love Keytaon.