PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss are Being Whiny Turds About Last Night

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 08:42 AM
I don't know what a catch is, but I do know that for years now if you don't possess the ball through the ground, there is a good chance they call it incompete. See Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson.

Thus, when your hot shot WR attempts to make the play look more awesome by holding with one hand while going to the ground and it comes loose, blame him.

AJ cost his team a win last night becaus he was showboating.

Here's an NFL draft opinion.

https://twitter.com/rivalschase/status/1064023722623987712?s=21

https://twitter.com/ledyardnfldraft/status/1064017574101483520?s=21

https://twitter.com/ledyardnfldraft/status/1064015869473423360?s=21

https://twitter.com/ledyardnfldraft/status/1064014709454708736?s=21

Hambone
11-18-2018, 08:54 AM
We would be outraged also if that happened to us. Yes, by rule that wasn’t a catch.... But yea, it was a catch.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2018, 09:02 AM
That was the best possible way for them to lose. And I hope they talk about it all week.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 09:03 AM
We would be outraged also if that happened to us. Yes, by rule that wasn’t a catch.... But yea, it was a catch.

Of course we'd be pissed, but I'd also be pissed at the showboat WR that decided that looking cool was more important than winning.

He's a loser that has played a completely meaningless career

Red Sox Dawg
11-18-2018, 09:27 AM
That was the best possible way for them to lose. And I hope they talk about it all week.

This^^^^
Great distraction.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Of course we'd be pissed, but I'd also be pissed at the showboat WR that decided that looking cool was more important than winning.

He's a loser that has played a completely meaningless career

Now let's send him out a loser for real this week. We win, and he goes out 16-20 with zero bowls; our juniors with a win would be 23-15 with chance at 24 wins and 3 bowls.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2018, 09:49 AM
I hope Abram can keep from getting ejected. He’s going to smoke some people.

Howboutdemdogs
11-18-2018, 09:59 AM
My take is this,,,,,if it was a clear and definite catch, why did AJ come up trying to “sell” that it was a catch? If there was no doubt at all, he would have come up celebrating. He opened the door for reasonable question.

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 10:06 AM
My take is this,,,,,if it was a clear and definite catch, why did AJ come up trying to “sell” that it was a catch? If there was no doubt at all, he would have come up celebrating. He opened the door for reasonable question.

Yeah, he didn't help himself getting up trying to convince the guy he caught it.
No one questions whether or not he initially caught the ball. He did. Unfortunately he also bobbled it when he hit the ground and the other guy too possession.
When you get to the NFL AJ, you may want to hold on to the ball until after the touchdown has been called, just an FYI.
Feel free to take this week off.

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2018, 11:11 AM
I don't like the rule, but by rule that was not a catch, period. It has been shown over and over the last few years that you have to control the ball all the way through whatever motions you make after you hit the ground.

timotheus
11-18-2018, 01:26 PM
If he had only held it with 2 hands he would have been okay but he removed any assurance of control when the vandy player ended up with it.

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 01:38 PM
It was ruled a catch and replay didn't show enough to confirm it wasn't a catch. I woulda called it a catch live and I woulda kept that as the call after review. He caught it and made a football move in the end zone with possession. At that exact moment the play is dead and it doesn't matter that he losses possession moments later. AJ & the DB could have fumbled it 4 billion times and it wouldn't matter because AJ scored a touchdown already. Review butchered the call.

Roy Munson
11-18-2018, 01:46 PM
The ball was coming out before Vandy guy wrestled it away from him.

Dolphus Raymond
11-18-2018, 02:02 PM
It was a catch and they should be pissed. However, I don't care. Happy.

maroonmania
11-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Yeah, he didn't help himself getting up trying to convince the guy he caught it.
No one questions whether or not he initially caught the ball. He did. Unfortunately he also bobbled it when he hit the ground and the other guy too possession.
When you get to the NFL AJ, you may want to hold on to the ball until after the touchdown has been called, just an FYI.
Feel free to take this week off.

Only because he was still in college did AJ have any prayer of that being called a catch. That would have been called incomplete in the NFL 100 times out of 100. You either control the ball through to the ground or its incomplete. And Brown could not care less that it cost OM the game, he was just pissed he didn't get the TD catch to pad his stats.

parabrave
11-18-2018, 02:27 PM
Butch Johnson said it was a catch*** BTW D Lodge made himself some bucks last night.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 02:30 PM
It was ruled a catch and replay didn't show enough to confirm it wasn't a catch. I woulda called it a catch live and I woulda kept that as the call after review. He caught it and made a football move in the end zone with possession. At that exact moment the play is dead and it doesn't matter that he losses possession moments later. AJ & the DB could have fumbled it 4 billion times and it wouldn't matter because AJ scored a touchdown already. Review butchered the call.

That's just not the rule. Rule is that you have to possess the ball to the ground. It doesn't matter what was called on the field.

TUSK
11-18-2018, 02:33 PM
I think the Ole Miss fans aren't seeing the big picture.

They lost on a correct call, based on a questionable rule, in overtime, to Vanderbilt. ....in overtime, to Vanderbilt.

There probably needs to be a new rule: "If Vanderbilt takes Team X to overtime, Team X loses."

But I'm in that dying breed of peeps that are down with "personal responsibility"...

West Tn Dawg
11-18-2018, 03:31 PM

Not according to the rule.
The rule says he has to finish through the ground. Just like any other pass completion.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2018, 04:10 PM
That play is called incomplete numerous times each week. The rule maybe stupid but the call is correct according to the rule. I said incomplete as soon as it happened I've seen it called incomplete every time.

Dawg61
11-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Not according to the rule.
The rule says he has to finish through the ground. Just like any other pass completion.

NFL changed the Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant rule this year. Not sure if college did.

Goldendawg
11-18-2018, 04:33 PM
Imagine what a poorly ranked, dud SEC Ref crew will be assigned for the Egg Bowl Thurs. Expect a lot of bad calls. As for Vandy/UNM results, Black Helicopter theory: Ole Miss must lose. SEC sets up hype for Vandy/TN game where winner takes all for a bowl and loser goes home TV brawl!

War Machine Dawg
11-18-2018, 06:54 PM
It was a catch and a TD. Period. But I'll laugh at them anyway.

That said, that's one of the worst review calls I've ever seen. There was literally no way to rule that an incomplete catch. It was either a TD or an INT. Whoever was in the booth is the biggest coward ever for coming up with that decision. It's not even close.

maroonmania
11-18-2018, 06:59 PM
It was a catch and a TD. Period. But I'll laugh at them anyway.

That said, that's one of the worst review calls I've ever seen. There was literally no way to rule that an incomplete catch. It was either a TD or an INT. Whoever was in the booth is the biggest coward ever for coming up with that decision. It's not even close.

Well it either had to be a catch or an incompletion since the defender's legs were laying out of bounds when he got possession of the football.

HaggardDawg
11-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Hot take. Demarcus Lodge will have a longer and more productive NFL career than AJ and Treadwell.

Political Hack
11-18-2018, 07:23 PM
The rule should be changed, but according to the rules as they are that wasn't a catch.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Well it either had to be a catch or an incompletion since the defender's legs were laying out of bounds when he got possession of the football.

This. By rule it's an incompletion. This play is called an incompletion 100% of the time.

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2018, 09:01 PM

That was the exactly what was said after the game. It would have been an int but the defender was out of bounds.

lastmajordog
11-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Lodge impressed me.....a warrior....our receivers could learn something.....

Coursesuper
11-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Lodge impressed me.....a warrior....our receivers could learn something.....

I wonder if he will be limited Thursday night, he was limping on that ankle quite noticeably late in the game Friday.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
11-19-2018, 11:11 AM
We would be outraged also if that happened to us. Yes, by rule that wasn?t a catch.... But yea, it was a catch.

there is no way the call should have been overturned. now if the call would have been no catch then it wouldn't hav been overturned.