PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night, Nick Fitzgerald should...

MagicDawg
11-18-2018, 07:25 AM
... walk out of the locker room and onto the sideline carrying a (prop) crutch. He should hold it aloft, then break that thing across his knee and throw the pieces on the ground.

After the win he should hold the pieces up and toss them into the crowd.

Time to pick up where he left off in Oxford 2 years ago.

starkvegasdawg
11-18-2018, 07:55 AM
This game concerns me. The ankle breakers have nothing to play for except trying to win this game, or most likely, trying to ruin it and our bowl for us. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trying to hurt our players again or goad them into getting ejected by retaliating. I think if they go after Fitz or another player you may see an all out brawl.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2018, 07:59 AM
Nah. Don?t even acknowledge it.

Fitz just needs to run his ass off. He had some huge holes yesterday that he would have housed in his soph year. He needs to come out with that confidence and swagger and win the damn game. And then walk right down the middle of little Hamelt with the trophy.

I?m afraid though. He will run timid.

msbulldog
11-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Nah. Don’t even acknowledge it.

However Dblock should get a late hit on Tamiflu right away. I mean get their moneys worth. De-cleat that sumbeach.

CHECK HIS OIL FOR HIM!

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 08:09 AM
If I were MSU Thursday and the cheaters do anything more than breath heavily on Fitz, I'm bench clearing and beating shit out of them.

They'll continue to push the envelope on hurting our guys until they are held in check.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2018, 08:20 AM
If I were MSU Thursday and the cheaters do anything more than breath heavily on Fitz, I'm bench clearing and beating shit out of them.

They'll continue to push the envelope on hurting our guys until they are held in check.

Well just get ready. They are going to twist his leg late hit and pretty much anything to intimidate him.

It is their bowl game. It will be their super bowl and they will
Pull out everything and anything to win. Book it.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-18-2018, 08:24 AM
3 Concerns
1. We play like crap on the road.
2. Matt Luke is as dirty as they come, and so is his team.
3. JoeMo doesn’t grasp importance of this game.

basedog
11-18-2018, 08:27 AM
I'm betting our guys will be fired up. You guys talking sh*t how the Cheaters will be playing, who cares as we are the better team and I'm betting our guys will be Fired up and ready to kick some ass. We have great senior leadership, passion is more important and our guys have that!

msbulldog
11-18-2018, 08:38 AM
Jeffery Simmons, Montez Sweat, Johnathan Abrams and the interior offensive line will arrive with bad intentions.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-18-2018, 08:41 AM
I'm sure Simmons is going to tell AJ Brown pregame if any dirty shit goes down, kiss your knees goodbye**

Dental Dawg33
11-18-2018, 09:16 AM
If I remember correctly when Fitz went down Simmons was at mid field raising hell about the dirty hit. I was too busy raising my own hell, but I think I remember that. You can bet our guys haven’t forgotten it, especially Fitz. You are going to see a blood bath. I for one wouldn’t want to be Tamiflu with our defense lining up against him. You are about to see an absolute ass beating and it’s not even going to be close

StarkVegasSteve
11-18-2018, 09:19 AM
If they try anything, I’d tell Shoop to send Abram on a blitz. They’d be on QB2 after the play.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2018, 09:24 AM
If I remember correctly when Fitz went down Simmons was at mid field raising hell about the dirty hit. I was too busy raising my own hell, but I think I remember that. You can bet our guys haven’t forgotten it, especially Fitz. You are going to see a blood bath. I for one wouldn’t want to be Tamiflu with our defense lining up against him. You are about to see an absolute ass beating and it’s not even going to be close

This is what I see as well!

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 10:11 AM
3 Concerns

I would like to add, they are taught how to tackle in one of the most dangerous ways. When they actually are in position to make a tackle, their players grab like they are hawk tackling and instead of rotating away from the body to get the runner to the ground, they actually roll into the players legs. Sure, you see this from time to time throughout all levels of football, but when I watch UM and they are getting beat, they use this method of tackling a lot. I would challenge anyone to take some statistics on how often it "happens" with UM and compare that to other teams. Seems like they want to roll guys legs, especially if they are gashing them.

MetEdDawg
11-18-2018, 10:12 AM
3 Concerns

Tell me how you know number 3 is true

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 10:13 AM
The key to the game is to make this just another game. Be pumped for your teammates and go to work. That is how Kentucky beat us. We made it way to personal and it showed in our stupid penalties, our demeanor, and execution. We need to approach this similar to Kansas State. We need that mojo back.

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Tell me how you know number 3 is true

I will actually agree with this. JoMo has shown that he hasn't grasped much about the SEC this year. 1st time head coach in a conference and region that lives football. I think he is just barely understanding that the SEC is like Penn State / Ohio State every single week. Regardless of his understanding of this particular game, he will have them ready. This is the week I hope we see JoMo, totally get it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Atleast that is what I gather by the amount of execution he sees at practice, the amount of execution he deemed good enough coming out of camp, and the total lack of scoring in SEC games against defenses with a pulse. He underestimated the speed and talent level in this conference from game 1-8. That leads me to believe he is underestimating this game as well.

I hope he understands this game needs to be respected and we need to win the right way. This game could start turning the tide on which team play makers in this state actually want to commit to. We need pretty much a repeat of our offense output from the Ark game. We need to feature the WR and RBs cause we need the best this state has to offer. To do that, we need it on display in a victory over them.

msudawg1200
11-18-2018, 10:50 AM
We need to come out and just handle business. None of the mouth running bullcrap before or during the game. Don’t even acknowledge their presence during pregame warm ups. Do our thing, beat their asses, take the Egg, and get the hell back to Starkville as quickly as possible.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2018, 10:59 AM
My concern in that we let Ole Miss do exactly what Kentucky did....get in our heads with the shit talking and dirty play, and take us away from our gameplan. We cannot fall into that trap again. Joe Mo must talk to the officials before the game and tell them that he has instructed his team not to retaliate, so we're relying on the officials to do their damn job so our players don't have to take matters into their own hands. What our players need to do is just play our game, laugh when they do dirty shit, and then once we beat their ass....dance on their field, and go spend the night with their girlfriends for all I care. Just save the bullshit retaliation for AFTER the game is won

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2018, 11:01 AM
Our guys have shown they can be goaded into doing stupid crap at times this year. You better believe Ole Miss will try every dirty play and method in the book to try to get us to do it again. We have to be aware of it, be ready for it, recognize it for what it is, and not respond to it the way they want. Respond to it by pounding them into oblivion legally on the scoreboard.

MagicDawg
11-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Y'all are right. I'm just still so salty about last year that I could spit.

CJDAWG85
11-18-2018, 12:12 PM
Play fast and physical. Do not lose composure. If we play our game, they can’t touch us.

NCDawg
11-18-2018, 12:22 PM
3 Concerns
3. JoeMo doesn?t grasp importance of this game.

In addition to the above, I'm concerned about our pass defense. We've been very lucky this year with pass overthrows and drops that should have been TD's and/or long gains. Ole Miss QB has a good arm and has very good W/R's, as we experienced last year. I'm afraid that unless we put a lot of pressure on the QB, we could be really hurt by their passing attack.

RiverCityDawg
11-18-2018, 01:48 PM
In addition to the above, I'm concerned about our pass defense. We've been very lucky this year with pass overthrows and drops that should have been TD's and/or long gains. Ole Miss QB has a good arm and has very good W/R's, as we experienced last year. I'm afraid that unless we put a lot of pressure on the QB, we could be really hurt by their passing attack.

Okay, but we lead the league in passing defense and are second in the country in passing defense efficiency. Other teams have "lucky" overthrows and drops against them too, so that's a wash. If you're worried about that you could be worried about literally any aspect of the game.

dotcomdawg
11-18-2018, 04:26 PM

That's an August concern for us, not a November concern now that we know what we have.

Name the longest play against our defense this year...

BeardoMSU
11-18-2018, 04:40 PM
It'd be cooler if he pulled a James Brown after every TD and someone ran out and threw a mink coat over him as he slowly limped off the field. After the 5th time seeing it, 90% of the OM bench spontaneously combusts....boom.

Goldendawg
11-18-2018, 04:47 PM
My concern in that we let Ole Miss do exactly what Kentucky did....get in our heads with the shit talking and dirty play, and take us away from our gameplan. We cannot fall into that trap again. Joe Mo must talk to the officials before the game and tell them that he has instructed his team not to retaliate, so we're relying on the officials to do their damn job so our players don't have to take matters into their own hands. What our players need to do is just play our game, laugh when they do dirty shit, and then once we beat their ass....dance on their field, and go spend the night with their girlfriends for all I care. Just save the bullshit retaliation for AFTER the game is won

I'm sure we will have one of the top SEC Ref crews assigned to keep this game under control.*****

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2018, 05:13 PM
It'd be cooler if he pulled a James Brown after every TD and someone ran out and threw a mink coat over him as he slowly limped off the field. After the 5th time seeing it, 90% of the OM bench spontaneously combusts....boom.

Now that needs to happen.. James Brown cost celebration. Get a 15yarder late in the game. In the words of John Correro..... ?who gives a flip.?

lastmajordog
11-18-2018, 07:47 PM
No hot dogging......no showboating.....just knock their sheister lawyer ***** in the dirt....legally.......just do the Bear Bryant thing.....score TD;s .....hand the ball to the ref.....go back and do it again........

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2018, 08:31 PM
No hot dogging......no showboating.....just knock their sheister lawyer ***** in the dirt....legally.......just do the Bear Bryant thing.....score TD;s .....hand the ball to the ref.....go back and do it again........

Yep.

TUSK
11-18-2018, 09:55 PM

anybody else gets a 9/10....

Due to lack of a meme-gify-thingy, I'm gonna judge this 5/10....

Ezsoil
11-18-2018, 10:39 PM
This game concerns me. The ankle breakers have nothing to play for except trying to win this game, or most likely, trying to ruin it and our bowl for us. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trying to hurt our players again or goad them into getting ejected by retaliating. I think if they go after Fitz or another player you may see an all out brawl.

^^^^^ this

GoDawgz
11-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Play fast and physical. Do not lose composure. If we play our game, they can’t touch us.

This ^^^^^^!

HereComesTheSpiral
11-19-2018, 12:07 PM
anybody else gets a 9/10....

Due to lack of a meme-gify-thingy, I'm gonna judge this 5/10....

https://media.giphy.com/media/fCUj0U7yCLOsgdyB8V/source.gif

Bothrops
11-19-2018, 12:57 PM
Just get revenge!